~Crossroads~

So Vaughn obvioulsy has a dodgy knee. Is that something to do with it. This is great. Can I have a pm when you update please?

rach

^that's a good point... maybe he got injured badly on his knee in some sort of fight? :Ponder: hmmm... this is something to chew on!

loved the chappy kristina... i can't believe vaughn would do all that for syd 😌 he's SOOOO cute :2love:

luv juju :harp:

What a night! A motel full of rats, Sydney throwing up in the floor, mysterious phone messages, orange bottles in the medicine cabinet...

By the way, what's wrong with Vaughn's knee?

As he sits there and watches her, he knows they need to have an adult conversation once she’s sober again. The things that happened in the past that tore them apart were never addressed. All she knew, is that they lost contact. But, infact, there was more.

Yes, please. They need o have an adult conversation NOW! I want to know what happened!!!

Thanks for the PM. The update was great. ;)

I love this chapter.... Vaughn is so sweet !!!!! :blush: Poor sydney, but she has vaughn to take care of her ! :angelic:

I can't wait for the "adult conversation" ....

You're an amazing writer :cool:

update again soon

Great update - very realistic, I think. The rat thing? -- Nasteeee. I think I know what happened to/what's going on with Vaughn, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut. That way, when I'm wrong, I won't look so stupid. ;)

EEEW! she threw up on his floor :blink: :eek: But it was so sweet how he took care of her :love:

the court date?!!? why is he due in court? :thinking:

great chap!! :D

Awwww, I wonder what that jerk did to her!!!! Why did she have to drink so much? And why can't she go back to the hotel??? :( I wonder why. Even Vaughn thinks he's a jerk!! :( I can't wait for more!!! I love it! Thank you for the PM!!!

-Nadia :beret: 🤠 :Pirate2:

~Part 6~

It’s cold.

His body registers this little fact and sends him the warning by making him shiver slightly in his chair. He’s now awake, but his eyes still remain shut. He can feel his toes and fingers are rather cold as he slowly awakens. His eyes open and he’s immediately met with the brightness of the room due to the window across the room.

I knew I should’ve bought f***in’ blinds.

He squints slightly as he turns his head and looks towards the couch. Sydney is still sleeping under the covers, but she has shifted. She now faces the back of the couch, her hair sprawled out on his pillow.

Well, isn’t that a pleasant memory from six years ago?

They hadn’t woken up together many times. Maybe three altogether. One was the morning after the first time they had sex. Another was when she came to him after finding out her grandmother had passed away. She’d been with her family and he had no idea about the situation until she came to him later that night with tears falling freely from her beautiful eyes. The other was when they both got piss drunk at a friends going away party. They ended up sleeping in the grass in the backyard and woke up to the timed sprinklers that popped up from the lawn.

He pushes the lever on the side of the chair and it reclines back up into its normal position. Upon bending his left knee he feels the familiar arthritis in his joint as he sets his foot on the floor. It’s his bodies way of telling him, “Hey, Motherf***er. You screwed up!”

Despite the pain, he pushes himself out of the chair and onto his feet. He winces slightly and walks over to Sydney, making sure she’s asleep still before he goes to the bathroom to take a shower.

He closes the door behind him softly and strips himself clean before stepping into bathtub which also happens to be his shower as well. He tiredly washes his hair with his cheap shampoo that he got at the hardware store down the street, yes the hardware store, for a dollar-fifty on clearance.

The water turns cold rather quickly and he turns it off and steps out of the tub. He grabs a towel and securely wraps it around his waist before moving to the bathroom door. He turns the knob and pulls the door open and jumps when he sees Sydney standing on the other side.

She screams.

What the f***! What is she screaming for!?

Her hands come up to cover her mouth as her eyes scan his body, but she quickly turns away from him.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I’m sorry…” She keeps apologizing. “…I woke up and I couldn’t remember where I was…I thought I was kidnapped or something.”

He chuckles softly.

“Well, if that was the case then you shouldn’t try to find your kidnapper. You should have probably run instead of waited for him to come out of the shower.” He tells her.

“I’ll keep that in mind next time.” She tells him. She turns back to him and forces herself to focus only on his eyes and face.

He stands there.

Alright, this is awkward.

“Uh….”

“I’ll leave now.” She tells him.

“Yeah…”

“Alright.” She walks out of the room and he softly closes the door behind her so he can change in peace. He comes back out in a pullover and a pair of jeans, his hair still wet and spiky.

She’s sitting on the couch looking through one of his Sports Illustrated magazines.

“Find anything interesting?” He asks her as he walks through the living room and into the kitchen.

She closes the magazine and sets it back on the table before turning to watch him.

“Nothing I really understand.” She tells him truthfully.

Sydney was athletic; she played basketball, volleyball, and softball in high school. But she just played, she never really cared about the rules, or why there were rules in the first place.

He starts a pot of coffee and sets two mugs on the counter for future need.

“I think your heater stopped. It was making weird noises, and now it’s really-really cold in here.” She tells him.

“As apposed too what?” He asks with a smile.

“Well, it was only really cold before. Now it’s really-really cold.”

He laughs softly and walks over to the radiator. He takes the rubber mallet, which he also got from the hardware store for a dollar-seventy-five, from the window sill and starts to beat on the side of it. The radiator makes a chugging noise as it finally kicks back on. He sets the mallet back on the windowsill and turns to her with a smile.

“Now it’ll just be really cold again.”

She smiles slightly and pulls the blankets she’d been sleeping under over her lap as she brings her feet up and crosses them Indian style to keep warm.

“So how bad was I last night?” She asks.

He pauses for a moment. “Uh…you remember that Dan Adams going away party senior year?” He asks.

“Oh god…that bad?” She asks him as she brings a hand up to her forehead.

“Yeah, pretty much. You were totally wasted.” He tells her as he laughs.

“Yeah, haha. Remember you were also drunk at Dan’s party as well. I had to stop you from going streaking around the neighborhood with Krissy’s boyfriend.”

He laughs because he knows it’s true.

gorram I miss those days. If we could only be eighteen again.

“Did I say anything weird last night? Because when I’m drunk…”

You tend to be more open? Yeah, I know.

“No,” He lies, “You were just loopy.”

“Good.” She says relieved.

He bites the inside of his cheek slightly as he stands there. An awkward silence passes over them. Which is bad, because it gives her time to think.

“Why didn’t you ever call?”

And there it is ladies and gentlemen, my demise and the million dollar question.

“Why didn’t you ever call?” He asks in return.

“I did call.” She tells him. “Twice a day, and you never answered. It was like you fell off the face of the earth.”

“I was busy.” He lies.

Alright, If I lie one more time then I’ll allow her to kick my a**.

She tilts her head to the side slightly and narrows her eyes at him. He knows he’s in deep shi*.

Shi*, I’m in deep shi*.

“Syd…”

“Michael, I waited three months for you. I was a b**** because I didn’t talk to you everyday.” She tells him. “You knew how pissy I got if I didn’t speak to you or see you atleast once.”

His eyes fall to the floor and he takes in a sharp breath.

“What happened?” She shrugs slightly. “I think I deserve an explanation.”

He looks back up at her. “Fine, you want to know the truth Sydney? The real reason why I didn’t return your calls?”

She stares at him.

Here it f***in’ goes.

“I f***ed up.” He tells her. “I f***ed up because I missed you.”

She’s confused. Of course she’s confused.

The look on her face tells him so.

“I f***ed another woman.” He tells her.

Surprise enters her eyes slightly as her lips slowly part. She wasn’t really expecting that to be the reason for their broken relationship. She never thought of him as the cheating type.

“I see.” She says softly. He can tells she’s very hurt, buy she remains surprisingly calm. But then again, this didn’t happen yesterday, it happened six years ago.

He’s silent. What else can he possibly say?

I love you, I never stopped.

“I was ashamed, I still am.” He tells her. “I just couldn’t find the courage to tell you back then.”

“Of all people Michael.” She shakes her head. “Why you?”

He doesn’t have an answer. Because he doesn’t know why he did it. He wasn’t drunk, he was just in the moment. He was lost. He went off the deep end with an anchor and without swimmies.

“I don’t know.” He tells her. “It didn’t mean anything to me. It was just sex, and it made me feel horrible afterwards; knowing it was never just sex between us.”

She looks down at her hands and plays with her fingers. There were a few moments of silence, as if their relationship was finally gaining the closure it needed. Maybe he’d finally be able to move on now that he’s told her the truth.

The f*** I will. Once love Sydney Bristow, always love Sydney Bristow.

“I should get going.” She tells him as she gets up. She straightens out her shirt and presses it down against her stomach as she walks to his bedroom to collect her things from last night.

He stands in the living room and watches as she sits on the edge of his bed to pull her boots on.

I don’t want you to leave. God, Syd. I never meant to hurt you.

She’s disappointed, he knows that look on her. But never has he been the reason for it. She comes back out, fully dressed and ready for the cold Chicago weather outside his apartment.

“Thanks for taking care of me last night.” She tells him. She walks over to him and kisses his cheek quickly before walking to the door. He just watches her with sad eyes. He knows he could stop her, physically. But going after her now would be stupid. It’s better to let her realize what she’s feeling before trying to explain anything more.

“I’ll be heading back to New York tomorrow. So, I just…” She pauses. “…it’s been nice seeing you again, Michael.” She bites her lip and forces a smile. “Take care of yourself, good-luck with the Blackhawk’s. I hope I’ll get to see you on TV someday.” She tells him before she leaves.

Never, in the history of being loved by Sydney Bristow, has she ever had to force a smile for him.

He walks back to the kitchen and puts one coffee mug away.

Looks like it’s coffee for one today.

Just like every other Wednesday morning day.

That was sooo good. I'm glad he told her the truth...but the truth hurts. Poor syd, and poor vaughn. All alone again....
I hope he goes after her. Awesome chapter, i hope you update soon :P
Thanks for the PM :D

Wow. Another great chapter. Just one after the other... each one as good as (or better than) the last. Nicely done!

My favorite parts:

They ended up sleeping in the grass in the backyard and woke up to the timed sprinklers that popped up from the lawn.

Upon bending his left knee he feels the familiar arthritis in his joint as he sets his foot on the floor. It’s his bodies way of telling him, “Hey, Motherf***er. You screwed up!”

“Well, if that was the case then you shouldn’t try to find your kidnapper. You should have probably run instead of waited for him to come out of the shower.”

“Did I say anything weird last night? Because when I’m drunk…”

You tend to be more open? Yeah, I know.

He went off the deep end with an anchor and without swimmies.

Bravo! Thanks for the PM.

Amazing update!
I never thought that he cheating would be the reason why their relationship ended but it makes sense I feel so sad for him he really knows that he made a BIG mistack even though he still loves her and he wants to be with her so badly he knows that wouldn't be right since he hurt her he doesn't deserve her. But I hope that they will at some point start over again. Can't wait for more and thanks for the PM

That was great ... lamo loev Vaughns reaction to her kidnaper senario ... why would you go looking for you kidnaper lamo ... he tends to lie to her a lot ... aww sadness ... really want Vaughn to get his life back on track ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

That was great :smiley: It's funny what people do once in love. He never called her because he cheated on her. I really hope Vaughn will get his life back on the track. But the kidnapper comments :lol: Update soon!
And thanks for the pm.

Great update. Never expected that to be the reason for their break up. Glad it's finally out there tho and Syd can try to deal with it and forgive him eventually... I hope.

Thanks for the PM

Back