D/FW Alias Marathon

Alias may be gone, but it is certainly not forgotten! It's that time of year again! Time to get your Sydney or Vaughn fix and enjoy a great day with fellow Alias fans!

This year's Marathon will again be held at All-Con, the fan convention. They have again graciously offered a room to us this year at their NEW location, the Crowne Plaza North Dallas, at 14315 Midway Rd., Addison, TX 75001. The event will be held from 9 am to 6 pm on Saturday, March 17th. I've been shown the room for this year, and it is huge. Much bigger than last year with enough seating so we won't have any issues with everyone having a place to sit! This year's event with benefit the Pediatric Epilepsy Project, the favorite charity of Alias and Heroes star Greg Grunberg. In fact, Greg has once again donated an autographed photo to our silent auction, so come ready to bid!

The Alias Marathon will present the top Alias episodes from the series' five year run, as well as "extras" such as behind the scenes featurettes, bloopers, deleted scenes, music videos, home videos, and other surprises. We'll even watch the documentary that was filmed partially at All-Con last year, in which many of us are featured.

Marathoners are asked to collect monetary donations from friends and family to turn in at the Marathon, and a silent auction of Alias autographs and memorabilia will be held at the event. Don't forget your pocket change for the Bristow Buicket! Anyone is welcome to attend the marathon and stay as long as they want.

Admission to the Marathon is free with your purchase of an admission pass from All-Con. Tickets run from $25 for a three day pass (Friday thru Sunday) or $15 for a one day pass (if you just plan to attend on Saturday for the Marathon). There's a lot going on at All-Con, so to find out more about the event and to purchase tickets, visit their website at ALL-CON DALLAS CONVENTION. Among their guests are Battlestar Galactica actors Kate Vernon (Ellen Tigh) and Luciana Carro ("Kat" Katraine), who will sign autographs.

We hope you'll join us for the event, watch some classic episodes, and bid on some merchandise, like a script signed by Jennifer Garner and the cast (donated by ABC), an Alias poster signed by creator J.J. Abrams, items signed by composer Michael Giacchino, Kevin Weisman, Carl Lumbly, Amy Acker, and others. You can also bid on magazines, card sets, and action figures (Still looking for the rare Syd/Vaughn 2 pack? We'll have one!)

For more info on the event, visit Alias Connection -. You can always email me or post a message on our board. We hope to see you there!

why can't you hold one in north carolina! make it for teens and make it available and safe because my mom is a complete stickler, she won't let me do anything, but if it's safe, she might, and a lot of teens watch alias, and young adults. i'm only 13, and can't get there! why!!!!!!!!! i'd love to be able to do things, but like i said, most teens can't get there and it's really expensive, especially to fly to texas and stuff. do you plan on holding these conventions for like 7 more years?

^ yeah, that's exactly what i was thinking nads. except for the whole north carolina thing. texas is much closer than north carolina. what about one in arizona in like 7 years? :lol:

You know, we're just fans of Alias that put this marathon together in the first place.
We all just get together and watch a few episodes and of course the "BLOOPERS" are
a must at every get together. It's just a whole lot of fun for all of us. If you go to
our website www.aliasconnection.com you'll see our pictures with David Anders "Mr. Sark".
He was a whole lot of fun......

Wish all of "Y'ALL" could be here this weekend.

Back