Daddy's Girl

I have been enjoying this story. I've tried to not get addicted to another story, but this one was easy to get addicted to.

To everyone: Thanks for the reviews, they make me feel so special.

To the other lee: Yeah we do have the same name. How cool is that?

To everyone who like the spoiler: I have added another for the next chapter that I
should post tomorrow.

To vaughnroxmysox: I think you need to clean out your mailbox. I can't send you a PM.

Chapter 21

Sydney

The day I was supposed to break into Vaughn’s house was one of the slowest days of my life. I barely worked, I just sat at my desk, staring at my computer, trying to figure out if I was doing the right thing.

I remembered, all those years ago when the agency had wanted me to spy on Vaughn, and I had refused. He had talked about trust, how I should trust that he was doing the right thing. Shouldn’t I trust him now? These thoughts flew around in my head and couldn’t make any sense of it.

But in the end I was in Marshall’s office where he gave me a necklace that was a miniature microphone, and a nearly invisible ear piece. They also gave me a high-resolution camera hidden in a make-up box. Dad gave me the usual reassurances about how he, Eric and Marshall would be stationed a block away if anything happened.

Feeling slightly sick, I drove to Vaughn’s house, showing up around six. I ran the doorbell and he answered it, inviting me in. We sat in the living room after I had declined anything to drink.

“So,” Vaughn said, his forehead wrinkling slightly, “You called the meet, what’s up?”

I almost smiled at this reference to our SD-6 days.

“I think we need to talk.”

“I think so too. I wanted to talk with you on Halloween but you and Weiss disappeared.”

I wasn’t about to get into that, “I know. But we need to talk about that night.”

“I agree.”

My dad’s voice came in clear through my ear-piece jolting me, “We’re making the call.”

The phone rang and Vaughn looked pained, “Do you mind? In case it’s Carrie.”

“That’s fine.”

Vaughn picked up the phone, “Yeah, hold on.” He covered the mouthpiece and looked at me, “It’s your dad, this could take a minute.”

“Fine. Could I use your bathroom?”

He pointed me in the right direction and then got back on the phone. Eric directed me to Lauren’s office where I picked the lock and went in.

I took out the camera and took pictures of the whole room. Then I planted the bug in the corner of the ceiling, where it could hear and see everything. Then, using latex gloves, I took out various folders and took pictures of all the sheets. Even the brief glances of the papers I got didn’t bode well for Lauren, she was looking guiltier by the minute.

Eric spoke, “Syd, get out of there, your dad’s finishing the call.”

I checked one more to make sure that everything was the way I left it, then went out the door, locking it behind me. I went back to the living room, where Vaughn was getting off the phone.

I remembered the conversation between Carrie and Eric, Vaughn was looking sick and pale, I could see it even more in these harsh lights.

“What’s up?” I asked him.

“A new break in the Santos case. They need me in there. Could we finish this later?”

“Yeah, sure. When?”

He thought about it, “Friday? Maggie is sleeping over at Mitchell’s house.”

“Sounds good.”

I left and drove home, where I found Eric.

“You told Dad to tell him to report in.” I accused.

“I did. You and Vaughn need to have that conversation, but not with three of us listening.”

I thanked him and went to bed.

The next day, Eric, Dixon, Dad and Marshall sequestered themselves in my dad’s office, where, I’m sure, they were pouring over the pictures I had taken of Lauren’s folders. I wasn’t invited in, and frankly was quiet glad, since, however much I hated her, I knew what was in those folders would tear his life apart.

It was the day after that, two days after I had planted the bug, when Eric appeared at my side.

“Come here.” he said it quietly and didn’t elaborate, so I was pretty sure that it had to do with Lauren.

I got up and followed him into Dad’s office. Marshall, Dixon and Dad were all crowded around Dad’s computer screen, their faces were grim.

“What is it?” I asked, terrible visions running through my head. “What’s happened?”

“Sydney,” this was Dixon. “You need to see this.”

I walked over and stood next to Eric. Dad pressed a button and raw footage appeared on his screen. It was Lauren, she was in her office, talking on to some one who was standing in the doorway, directly under the camera. Did they bring me in here to scold me for my bad camera placement?

Lauren smiled, and c***ed her finger at the person standing in the doorway, “Come on, love. We have five minutes.”

The person in the doorway walked up to Lauren and took her in a ferocious embrace. But the back of their heads were still to me and, he looked a little like Vaughn. The two figures were kissing passionately, the man reaching under her skirt and she was moaning and kissing his neck. Then they turned around, and I saw the man clearly.

It was Sark.

I gasped, “Oh my god.”

Eric rubbed his forehead, “Yeah I know.”

“Are we going to tell Vaughn?” I asked the group.

No one answered.

“We’re not?” I demanded.

“Sydney,” my father said. “Right now, we need to find Nadia Santos, find out why they held you for as long as they did. We can’t simply arrest Lauren, we need to use her.”

“No we need to kill her.”

“Sydney-”

“No.” I turned away from them, “I can’t believe you.”

The door opened and Vaughn walked in.

Next Chapter, get ready for the real S/V conversation!

“I love you Sydney, and I made the biggest mistake of my life marrying Lauren. Will you forgive me?”

Hey Lee! :hi:

awesome chapter! now the good stuff is really gonna happen! i really hope vaughn isn't mad at sydney when he finds out sydney used him to get to lauren. have i told you enought times how much i hate lauren? well in case i haven't i will tell you now!...I HATE LAUREN AND SHE NEEDS TO DIE!!...
“No we need to kill her.”
totally and completely agree! you go syd! ok i feel much better now that i got that out! wonder what they are gonna tell vaughn since he just walked in on them watching his wife make out with sark...gross... that gives me the creeps. can't wait for the...
real S/V conversation!
i hope she finally tells him about their baby they lost! thanks for the PM and can't wait for you update tomorrow!!! :D

lee :happydance:

EDIT: OMG!!! i had already posted when i remembered your spolier...so i went back....and you have just made my dreams come true! now you better not make it be his or her dream! i want vaughn to really say that to her!! yay! now im really excited for tomorrow!!!! :D :woot:

That was great. :D
Did Vaughn find out about Sydney bugging his house? :thinking:
Thank you for the pm.
Can't wait for more.
:surf:

did Vaughn walk in with the video still on??? B/c this could getinteresting and I wouldn't have to play wacka mole iwht Lauren anymore (or pack her up for grocery stores) hehehe

Ahhh!!! It was Sark! Of course, but how would he look like Vaughn? Never mind. They need to hurry up and use Lauren so they can kill her! Sydney has the right idea. :sly:

Can't wait for next chap. Love the spoiler. Yay!

I hope Vaughn doesn't see that Video. If he does he will get angry with Syd and Lauren and Sark. They need to have that nice heart to heart talk, not a screaming match about Lauren being the mole..
Thanks for the PM

Wow really good. for a second there i thought you were gonna add in your own little twist and make vaughn bad. thank god you didnt. i want vaughn to find out about the baby sydney was pregnent with. it would also be cool for maggie to be syd's daughter. sorry if i am a little too impatient.

thnaks fort e pm's, sorry i won't be checking this site as much and won't be able to reply to the pm's b/c school started but keep sending them and ill try to read it as much as possible

sorry I was gone for so long I was in the middle of moving. I just got my self caught up and I have to be honest I was hopping they called Syd in to show her a video of Lauren confessing the kidnapping of Maggie from Syd, You asked how it all could work? well Syds baby didn't die because it was Maggie, but Laurens baby died, because like she didn't take care of her self by like drinking and getting into ninja fights whitch killed her baby. She then could have clamed to have gone into labor while Vaughn was on a mission because he still was at that time, and instead she has a c-section to take out her baby who didn't make it and then replace it with maggie whitch was stolen from Syd. Then Vaughn comes back to his beautiful baby girl!

P.S. Kill the Cow!

Back