Daddy's Girl

OMG!!!! It was all going so well... and all of a sudden Sark and Lauren have to show up?!?!?! WHY?? I really hope both Sydney and Vaughn are ok.

Great update. Thanks for the pm!

To sabbiee_co: Welcome.

To everyone: Thanks for the reveiws. I hate to do this to you, but I am going away for labor day weekend and this will be my last post until Monday or in the worst case, Tuesday. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Addicts List(please let me know if you want to be added)
1. sydneymichael
2. leelow13
3. secretagent03
4. luckylass
5. Sydney L Bristow
6. ohiochic2010
7. secret agent angel
8. vaughnsgurl4lf
9. Lost soul
10. aprilsfool6
11. sparklingrainbow
12. secretfriend220

Chapter 23

Vaughn

When I awoke I was drowsy, and my chest hurt, so I was pretty sure that I had been tranquilized. I wasn’t sure where I was, it was dark and damp and their were bars on the walls. Okay, a prison. I looked around and found that I was not alone, in the cell. Sydney was there, curled into a ball in the corner.

“Sydney?” I crawled over, and shook her, “Syd?”

She groaned.

“Syd, get up. Come on, we need to figure how to get out of here.”

Sydney sat up, looked around and then almost burst into tears, “I’m so sorry Vaughn, it’s all my fault.”

“What? No, it’s not your fault.”

“I should have told you. I shouldn’t have cared what my dad said.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Lauren, Vaughn, I’m so sorry, Vaughn she’s the mole.”

I felt like someone had punched me in the gut, it couldn’t be true, “No.”

“I’m sorry. Vaughn, she and Sark…”

Sydney trailed off, but I could piece the rest of it together.

“How could I have been so stupid?” I muttered.

“Vaughn, you’re not stupid.”

I sank back against the wall, “I guess I saw signs for a long time, but I just ignored them, I didn’t want it to be true.”

“No one blames you.”

“Not Jack?”

“He empathizes with you.”

I remembered that Jack had been in a similar situation, a situation that produced Sydney.

“I’m sorry,” I said to her, stroking the side of her face. “I know I hurt you and I’m so sorry.”

There was a bang, someone opening a door close by, Sark came in, smiling, “I see Agent Bristow got you caught up on your history lesson.”

“You son of a b***h!” I said.

Sark didn’t laugh, instead he looked at Sydney with something like malevolence playing across his features, “The question is, did she give you a complete lesson?” He took out a folded picture from his pocket, and looked at it, as he flipped it around I saw it was a picture of Maggie and I.

“Your second child is really very beautiful.”

Sydney started, as did I, “What?” I asked.

Realization filled Sydney’s eyes, “God, Sark don’t. Please don’t.”

Sark looked from me to Sydney then laughed, “I can’t believe it. I really can’t believe it. You haven’t told him.”

“Sark-”

“She hasn’t told you that she was pregnant when we took her.”

“No!” Sydney cried, but Sark barreled on.

“She was pregnant, and she lost the baby. It died. She didn’t tell you that, did she?”

I looked over at Sydney who was sobbing.

Sark smiled, “Don’t worry, we’ll bring you two a friend. Oh, and Agent Vaughn, your wife wanted to talk to you about divorce plans.”

Sark laughed, and left, leaving Sydney still crying.

“Syd,” I asked, cautiously. “Is he telling the truth?”

She was crying too hard to speak, but she nodded. I took her into my arms and buried my head in her hair. I couldn’t imagine the pain she went through. To be dragged away from her home, to give birth in a cold, dark prison cell. To have the baby die, and then stay in prison for six more years. I couldn’t imagine the pain to come back to find the father of her dead child married with a child of his own.

I couldn’t imagine, and couldn’t think of anything to say, so I just rocked her as she cried.

Sydney was finally asleep, when the cell door opened and a limp body was tossed in. Leaving Sydney where she lay, I crawled over to the body, my legs were still shaky, and turned it over. It was Nadia Santos and she was bleeding heavily from a cut on her face.

“Nadia?” I shook her gently, and checked to see if she was breathing, she was. At first I thought that they had drugged her, but she appeared merely stunned by whatever had given her the cut.

She stirred and tried to sit up, clutching her head, muttering curses in Spanish, before falling on her side. Then she saw me and stopped, trying to remember my face. She must have because her eyes narrowed, and I imagined that what she had heard of me had not been good.

“Your wife is a b***h,” she informed me.

“I’m starting to figure that out,” I said, helping her into a sitting position.

“She took me from Eric’s house, I thought you knew.”

“Not until tonight,” I looked around and realized I had no idea what time it was, “or this morning, whatever.”

Nadia smiled, a genuine smile that reminded me of Sydney, thinking of her I glanced over at Sydney, and Nadia followed my gaze.

“Is she all right?”

“She’s going to be,” I said, trying to sound positive.

At this Sydney began to stir, and I went over to help her to where Nadia and I were sitting. She was surprised to see Nadia, but seemed happy.

“Sydney, we have to stop meeting like this,” Nadia joked and Sydney and I laughed.

Nadia shrugged, then sighed, “I just wish I knew why they want me so much. I’m a lower-level Argentine Intelligence agent, and, I love my country, but Argentina isn’t exactly a dominant player in global affairs.”

“True,” Sydney said, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, “have Sark or Lauren said anything?”

“No, they just keep talking about a passenger. No, that isn’t right, they call me it, like it’s a name, the Passenger, I have no idea what it means.”

I stared at Nadia, utterly shocked, the name recalling an old document I had read. One that I had taken to Dixon, and I was sworn not to say anything. But right now that promise seemed unimportant, “Oh my god.” I breathed.

Nadia and Sydney both looked at me, “What?” they asked, almost on top of each other.

My heart was beating very fast know, “Are you sure that they called you the Passenger? That it was referring to you?”

“Yes, positive.”

“Vaughn, what the hell is going on?”

I motioned them closer and began to speak, “There was a fifteenth century prophet named Rambaldi who made prediction about our world. About a year ago we discovered a Rambaldi page, Marshall was decoding it and I was analyzing it. It talked about someone Rambaldi called the Passenger, it was a person in which Rambaldi had stored a bit of his subconscious, and when injected with an elixir, could channel a message from Rambaldi. A message that was supposed to be the map to Rambaldi’s endgame.”

They both stared at me, unbelieving, and I had to admit I barely believed myself.

“You came to the orphanage when you were what, five? Six?”

Nadia nodded.

“Do you have any memories of that time?”

“No, none until I was at the orphanage.”

“I also found some old KGB documents, they had the Passenger in their custody long enough to receive part of the message, but not all of it. That is why the Covenant is after you, they probably have found the same documents the CIA did and were using them to track you.”

“Well if I were you, I would get better intelligence,” Nadia muttered. “The Covenant found me years ago, while it took you that long just to know I existed.”

I looked at Sydney, who shrugged, the comment hadn’t particularly offended her.

I took a deep breath, not wanting to say the last part, but also knowing it was the most important, “There is also a prophecy,” I took a deep breath and then recited from memory the sentence I had read on those documents, “The Passenger and the Chosen One will battle and only one will survive.”

Nadia snorted, “Could this man even be more cryptic?” Passengers and chosen ones?”

But I was looking at Sydney who was looking at me with her eyes full of some emotion I couldn’t read. Acceptance? Fear? Our expressions must have scared Nadia because she looked quickly from Sydney to me.

“What is it? You don’t know who the Chosen One is, do you?”

Sydney took a deep breath, “Nadia, the Chosen One is me.”

Now I think everyone's suspicions have been confirmed:

Sydney was indeed pregnant, but Sark kidnapped the baby right after birth (then lied to Syd about its death) and delivered it to Lauren, who was faking a pregnancy to hang on to Vaughn - and Maggie is that baby!

This is getting more and more interesting - and I can hardly wait until after the weekend.

EDIT - I didn't get a PM for that chapter.

Lee.. ok, I really am shocked speechless... I've read the whole fic just now and all I can say is: Wow..

you have done an amazing job on this and I'd really appreciate it if you'd add me to the PM list and the Addict list ^_^

it's an awesome fic, and i absolutely love the plot..

as for my theory:

after Sydney gave birth, Sark took the baby away and lied to Sydney and told her that her baby hadn't made it. he delivered the baby to Lauren who meanwhile... was... hmm... :Ponder: maybe she was pretending to be pregnant to save her and vaughn's marriage? and that baby was maggie? that does explain why she's so cold to maggie and barely talks to her...

please update soon!

luv JuJu :harp:

I hate Lauren and Sark...

I love your story. I hope Syd and Vaughn (and Nadia) will be able to get out of here soon

Please PM me when you post more

Lee! I didn't get a pm! ugg. I was waiting for one and it didn't come. You usually update pretty frequently so I thought I'd check it out and you had updated! Please don't forget me next time. I really like your story and would like to read it!!!

btw good chap. sry I was off ranting up there. But really good chap.

I think i didn't get a pm either....for the last chapter....
was getting caught up and found the last chapter, hope i'm still on the pm list

Wow...Ive missed alot...

All of those chapters were phenominal though!

And seriously, bad guys need to learn to knock *rolls eyes*
If Sark had just knocked on the front door Vaughn could have slammed it in his face and none of this felgercarb would be happening.

I still believe that Maggie is Syd's kid...
I have from the begining, so, when Im right, Im totally saying 'I told you so' in big letters!

Thanks for the PMs
-Ash

Wow! I just found this fic and I love it so much that I already want to be on the addict list. This is too good. I cannot wait to find out what happens. :woot: Maggie is so cute. Syd would make a great mom. I hate Lauren and Sark. Weiss was hilarious in the past chapters. :lol: Can I get a pm too please?
Thank you,
Erin

That was a great Update...
I am so glad that the three of them are together...
Hopefully they will all get out of their soon...
I still say that Maggie is Syd and Vaughn's
I didn't get a pm for this chapter either but thanks for the update....
Hope you had fun out of town...
Update again soon.

I'm still sticking with my original theory. Maggie is Syd and Vaughn's daughter... and stupid Lauren and stupid Sark had something to do with it.

(n) I didn't get a pm.... computer glitch??

Great update. Can't wait for the next one!

To everyone: I am so so so so so so so sorry! I guess my computer didn't send out the PMs on Friday. I hope it works this time. As an "I'm sorry" I will post two chappies and a spoiler.

To xMountineer02300844x, PIpp and Lovygirl: Welcome!

Addicts List(please let me know if you want to be added)
1. sydneymichael
2. leelow13
3. secretagent03
4. luckylass
5. Sydney L Bristow
6. ohiochic2010
7. secret agent angel
8. vaughnsgurl4lf
9. Lost soul
10. aprilsfool6
11. sparklingrainbow
12. secretfriend220
13. xMountineer02300844x

Chapter 24

Sydney

I had to admit, I felt as scared as Nadia looked.

“Hold on, I’m supposed to kill you, or you’re supposed to kill me?” Nadia asked.

“No,” I said and both Vaughn and Nadia looked at me.

“What?” they asked at the same time.

“Think about it,” I said, though this comment was more directed at Vaughn. “Think about the way Rambaldi works. He doesn’t take chances, do you really think he would make the two most important people in his crazy world ones who had no connection to each other. What chances to Nadia and I ever have of meeting each other?”

Vaughn looked confused, and it was Nadia who answered, “We’re both in intelligence.”

“No, Rambaldi would want something deeper than that. Not just that we happened to have similar jobs.”

Nadia seemed to realize that I had dealt with the man a lot more than she had and she nodded.

Then Vaughn spoke up, “You’re forgetting one thing, Syd.”

I looked at him, “What?”

“Assuming that both you and Nadia are who you think you are in Rambaldi’s world, perhaps you have a connection that neither of you know about.”

I looked at Nadia, and then she looked at me, we stared at each other for a long moment, then Nadia burst into laughter. Vaughn and I looked at her with bemused expressions.

Nadia put a hand over her mouth to try to stifle her laughter, but it didn’t help, “I’m sorry. But we are here trying to figure out what some fifteenth century whack-job was thinking. I hate my job.”

I looked at Vaughn who smiled at me, “It does have some perks.”

That set us off again, and we laughed until a door clanged and Sark came into view.

He pointed into our cell and four guards came in.

Two of the guards came in and grabbed both my arms. I tried to fight them and Nadia and Vaughn tried to pull them off but they got me out of the cell and threw me into a room. The other pair grabbed Vaughn, and they dragged us into another room, where my guards strapped me to a chair.

Sark pointed a video camera at me, then grabbed Vaughn and shoved a gun against his head.

Sark smiled at me, “We will give you a script, you will stick to that our I will blow his brains all over this floor. Do you understand me, Sydney?”

“Yeah, most of it. Your guard here can help me with the hard parts.”

The guard in question, who looked dumber than a doornail, hit me hard across the mouth. Vaughn tried to come at him, and Sark hit him with the gun.

“Give her the paper.”

One of the guards placed a typed sheet of paper on my lap.

Sark started the camera.

I looked at the sheet, then began to speak, “This is a message for the Central Intelligence Agency. The Covenant is currently holding captive two CIA agents, in exchange for our safe return, they have a list of demands that must be met. They want the immediate release of six prisoners, a list of which shall be e-mailed to you. They also demand six Rambaldi artifacts, the list shall be sent to you similarly. Fail to meet these demands and they will kill us.” Nervously I rubbed my necklace, looking at Sark, who smiled and switched off the camera.

“Good,” then to the guards he said, “You can take them back.”

As the guards were hustling us back, Sark said, “You must really love him, that is the first time you have ever followed orders.”

When we were back in the cell I sat in the corner, thinking. I dearly hoped that my dad or Marshall would watch the video and catch the reference. It was our only chance of getting out of here.

Chapter 25

Maggie

I was asleep at Carrie when I heard a bang, as if someone was pounding on the door. Mitchell kept on sleeping, he could sleep through a hurricane, I got up and crept down the stairs, until I could duck into the living room and peek around that doorway and see the entrance. Carrie and Marshall soon appeared, Carrie looked through the window and opened the door.

“Jack? What’s going on?” asked Carrie.

“Marshall,” Jack said, and he looked frantic, “Marshall they’re gone.”

Marshall went pale, “What?”

“I went over there about midnight, because I hadn’t heard from the team or Sydney, the team was dead, and she and Vaughn were gone.”

“What?” I ran forward, grabbed Jack’s arm, “Daddy’s gone?”

Jack nodded, then looked at Marshall, “We need you to come in.”

Marshall nodded, “Okay, I’ll be right in.”

“Bring his daughter,” Jack said indicating me. “We still don’t know if they’re going to target her next.”

Marshall and I showed up at CIA headquarters, and I was still in my pajamas, clutching the scruffy stuffed dog that Daddy had given me. Everyone was staring at us, but Marshall grabbed my hand and led me into a big office, where a man who I remembered from when Sydney, Nadia and I got off the plane was sitting at the desk, Dixon, I think he had been introduced to me as. Daddy’s friend, Eric, was in there two, and so was Sydney’s dad, Jack.

Eric looked at me, “Marshall, what is she doing here?”

“Don’t yell at him,” I scolded Eric, “Jack told him to bring me.”

Everyone else in the room laughed, though I didn’t understand why, and then Jack said, “I thought this would be the safest place for her. Given the circumstances.”

“Jack,” this was Dixon, “while you were getting here, the CIA received an e-mail from a group claiming to be the Covenant. We wanted Marshall to check it for viruses and the like before we opened it.”

Marshall let go of my hand and went over to Dixon’s computer, he typed a couple of buttons, then shook his head, “It’s clean.”

Dixon got back on and opened the e-mail, then looked up at the room, “Video feed.” He looked at me, “Maybe she should leave.”

“No,” I cried, “I don’t want to leave. I’ll cover my eyes.”

The other men turned to look at the big screen on the opposite wall, and I put my hands over my eyes, but I peeked through my fingers. The shot was fuzzy for a minute, and then it was Sydney. She was strapped to a chair, and looked bruised, but okay otherwise. She was saying something I couldn’t really understand about releasing people and giving up things. They paused the video and I removed my hands.

“When are you going to give them the stuff they want?” I asked.

Jack looked at Dixon, who looked at Eric, who looked at Marshall who looked at his feet.

“You’re going to give them the stuff, aren’t you?”

“It isn’t that simple-”

“Of course it’s that simple. They will kill my daddy and her otherwise.”

“We can’t just give them the-”

“Yes you can!” I practically screamed at them, “ ‘Cause she was messing with her necklace in the video just like Daddy messes with his watch when he is nervous. So she’s scared and you have to bring her home.”

Marshall’s eyes grew wide, “Her necklace! Maggie, you are a genius.”

He rewound the video and saw that Sydney was messing with her necklace.

“Jack,” Marshall, exclaimed, “she’s wearing the necklace I gave her for the mission.”

“But it has a microphone that is short range, we can’t use that.”

“Yes, but I put a passive transmitter in it, so we could track her when she was in the house.” He ran to his office, everyone followed him, and started to type on his computer, then he smiled, “And it’s working.”

Dixon clapped his hand, “I want a team prepped to go in fifteen minutes. You can spec out the mission in-flight.”

The men ran out, but I grabbed Jack’s jacket to make him turn around, “You stay here, go into my office, shut and lock the door don’t touch anything or let anything in or out. Talk to no one of what you’ve heard in here.”

I smiled, “Okay.”

I went into the office he pointed to and saw there was a woman sitting behind the desk, I remembered her face, but not her name.

“Hi.” I said to her.

“Does Jack have a client? I can leave and come back.”

I shook my head, “No you can’t. Jack said to come in, lock the door, not touch anything or let anything in or out. So you have to stay here.”

She looked hard at me, “You’re Vaughn’s daughter, aren’t you? Maggie, isn’t that right?”

I nodded, “I don’t remember your name.”

She smiled, warmly, “That’s all right. I’m Irina Derevko, I’m Jack’s wife and Sydney’s mother. That’s a beautiful dog you have, may I see him?”

I walked over to the desk to show her the dog.

As soon as he was gone, I let go of Sydney, who cried, “Vaughn, we have to go in there and get her. I could see the look in his eyes. He’s going to corrupt her, just like her corrupted me.”

I took her face in my hands, “Syd, you have to trust Nadia. She doesn’t look like she is easily corrupted.”

She sighed, then three bangs, a gun going off, came from the front of the plane. Neither Sydney nor I had weapons, but we burst into the door, and then into the c***pit.

Back