Daddy's Girl

Terrific update. Hope they can rescue Syd and Vaughn. Maggie is with Irina? That is interesting.
Thanks for the PM

ILOVEALIAS27 said:
I went into the office he pointed to and saw there was a woman sitting behind the desk, I remembered her face, but not her name.

“Hi.”  I said to her.

“Does Jack have a client?  I can leave and come back.”

I shook my head, “No you can’t.  Jack said to come in, lock the door, not touch anything or let anything in or out.  So you have to stay here.”

She looked hard at me, “You’re Vaughn’s daughter, aren’t you?  Maggie, isn’t that right?”

I nodded, “I don’t remember your name.”

She smiled, warmly, “That’s all right.  I’m Irina Derevko, I’m Jack’s wife and Sydney’s mother.  That’s a beautiful dog you have, may I see him?”
[post="1482632"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That confused me at first. I was like, 'does Jack have a secretary or something?'. Then I realized Irina broke in (I think) and was waiting for Jack.

Wow felt pretty dumb after that one.

The spoiler seems interesting. Hurry and update so I can read more. (I'm so bossy :lol: )

great update! Maggie is so smart! she saved the day! Finally!!! Vaughn knows how evil Lauren is!! What is Irina gonna do with Maggie?? I hope she doesn't take her too! update again soon!!

lee :happydance:

wow! maggie sounded like a young adult! i'm so proud of her acting smarter than the CIA agents lol. she's so cute... i just hope they get syd and vaughn ok... and they get to find out the truth about everything.. thanks for the pm and update soon

To everyone: Thanks for the reviews, I added another spoiler, just for you!

To Dahling: Welcome!

Addicts List(please let me know if you want to be added)
1. sydneymichael
2. leelow13
3. secretagent03
4. luckylass
5. Sydney L Bristow
6. ohiochic2010
7. secret agent angel
8. vaughnsgurl4lf
9. Lost soul
10. aprilsfool6
11. sparklingrainbow
12. secretfriend220
13. xMountineer02300844x

Chapter 26

Vaughn

Later that same day, or maybe it was the next day, or two days later, or a week, they came in, tied Nadia down and injected her with some sort of green liquid. She went into spasm, then picked up a pen and began to write. From where Sydney and I were sitting, she seemed to be drawing some sort of equation.

Once they had got the drawing they wanted, they left and Nadia collapsed.

More time passed, but how much neither Sydney or I could tell, before Nadia regained consciousness, with no memory of writing such an equation.

I was worried about Maggie, hoping that Marshall and Carrie were taking care of her. Sydney seemed much calmer, almost hopeful after we had made the video. I didn’t understand why, since the CIA would never follow the ransom orders and she had been in a prison similar to this for six years.

We swapped stories with Nadia to pass the time, telling some of our mission’s escapades and, it turns out, Nadia had some pretty good stories. And she being very funny, always cracking jokes, she reminded me of Eric.

There was a loud commotion, and a door was blasted open, making Sydney, Nadia and I jump. Through the door, burst the last person I expected to see in this place. Arvin Sloane. He looked as surprised to see us as we did to see him.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Sydney snarled at him.

“Sydney, this is not the time, we need to get out of here.”

“Are you telling me that you broke into a Covenant prison in order to break us out?” Sydney asked, which I had trouble believing myself.

“Not you.” He said, then pointing to Nadia, “My daughter.”

I stepped in front of Nadia and Sydney did the same, “No.”

“Sydney, dammit, I have proof. I’ll show it to you, but now we need to get out!”

I looked at Sydney and Nadia and could tell they were both having similar thoughts. As much as they didn’t trust this man, they weren’t crazy enough to pass up a chance to escape. I looked at Sydney and she nodded at me, I helped Sydney and Nadia to their feet then we followed Sloane out the door.

We ran to a helicopter that was waiting, which took us to an airstrip and a private jet.

“Where are we going?” Sydney asked.

“London. The plane can refuel there.”

“So where are we?”

“Russia.”

Russia was a big country, and I would have liked to know where in Russia we were, but I didn’t press him, and neither did Sydney.

Nadia seemed to be in shock, and I didn’t blame her. I was pretty sure that if Arvin Sloane said he was my father I would be in shock too. Once we were settled on the plane, Sydney turned to Sloane.

“You said that you have proof,” Sydney said.

“Yes. I do.”

“What is it?”

“There is a Rambaldi device called the Hourglass. It will reveal the location of the passenger to one person, her father. It revealed it to me. Surely I don’t need to explain anything further.”

“I’ve heard of this device,” I volunteered, then asked Sloane, “How did you get it?”

“Jack helped me.”

Sydney snorted, “My dad would never help you.”

“I’ve reformed, Sydney. I’m sure that Mr. Vaughn can tell you that I have reformed.”

“Like hell,” she snapped at him.

He ignored Sydney, and turned to Nadia and took both her hands in his hands, she seemed too shocked to shake him off, “When I found out I had daughter, it changed my life. A epiphany, you could say. I was forced to look at my life, and realized that when I met my child, I would be embarrassed about how I had lived my life. The choices I made. I am a changed man, and it is because of you.” He looked slightly embarrassed, “I’m sorry, even in all my searching I didn’t learn your name.”

“Nadia,” she said softly, the first words she had spoken since Sloane came in. “Nadia Santos.”

“Nadia,” he said, no he breathed, the name, “Nadia, that is a beautiful name.”

She smiled, “Thank you.”

I could see Sydney getting madder, “You killed my fiancée, you killed your wife, Dixon’s wife, my friend Francie, you almost killed Will, not to mention the countless others. You are a ruthless killer. You can’t reform.”

“I’m afraid that’s where you are wrong,” Sloane said.

Sydney took a deep breath, trying to keep herself under control, “Can I ask who her mother is?”

“Yes.” Sloane said.

Sydney sighed, “Who is her mother?”

“I’m afraid I can’t tell you that.”

She sat up and started towards him, “Yes you can.”

I grabbed her, and moved between her and Sloane.

Sloane smiled at me, “Vaughn, will you and Sydney excuse us?”

He took Nadia by the hand and led her to another part of the plane, in the front, shutting a door between us and them.

As soon as he was gone, I let go of Sydney, who cried, “Vaughn, we have to go in there and get her. I could see the look in his eyes. He’s going to corrupt her, just like her corrupted me.”

I took her face in my hands, “Syd, you have to trust Nadia. She doesn’t look like she is easily corrupted.”

She sighed, then three bangs, a gun going off, came from the front of the plane. Neither Sydney nor I had weapons, but we burst into the door, and then into the c***pit. Both the pilots were dead, the two emergency parachutes were gone. The third gunshot had gone directly into the controls. Nadia and Sloane was gone.

“See!” Sydney cried at me, kicking the door in anger.

I must admit I was a little shocked, and had expected Nadia to put up a little more of a fight than that, “Well at least we can be pretty sure that she isn’t dead. Well, not yet. My guess is that Sloane is trying to get to that Rambaldi equation.”

“Do you think he is really her father?”

I shrugged, “What he said about the Hourglass was correct. So either Sloane is the father, or he paid the father off.”

“Or killed him.”

I nodded in acknowledgement. Then we looked at the controls, most of which were totally fried.

“Can you land this?” I asked Sydney.

“Maybe. Can you?”

“At this point, I’d say it doesn’t matter.”

We sat in the pilot seats and tried to land the plane. We were losing altitude at an astonishing rate. My ears were roaring, and my head felt airy and was buzzing. Sydney pulled up quickly on the brakes which sent us into a spin. Then we headed straight for the ground. Sydney was a good pilot, and with her directing me, we managed to slow the plane down a lot, but we still hit the ground going very fast.

I heard Sydney scream, and a terrible pain ripped through my hand, but then everything went black.

Jack checked his watch, “Yeah, I’ll think about it. Arvin, you didn’t ever tell me the mother of your child. I’m quite sure it isn’t Emily.”

The man on the phone chuckled, “Trying to stall me Jack? I’m not sure you want to hear who the mother is.”

Jack checked the watch again, “Try me.”

First!!

I can't believe that Sloane would do something like that... oh! Nevermind.. I totally believe Sloane would do that.

I really hope that Syd and Vaughn are ok. They need to get back.. think about poor Maggie!!

Jack is going to get very angry, isn't he??

Thanks for the pm!

Back