Damaged

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Wow that was THE sweetest thing I have ever read in such a long time! *sigh*

The announcement thing that was totally :cloud9: and he wanted her to tutor him *sigh*

Ky, that girl is good. she is REALLY GOOD. He gave her a foot massage. :lol: He is sooooo out spoken though, but it's not a bad thing in this case :lol:

Banks! GRRRR I luv him to death but seriously. BAD TIMING! :o_O: :lol: sooo close yet sooooooooooooooooo far :lol: he's so awsome though "Shall I make the wedding arragement tomorrow?" hahaha
:rotflmao:

This is so great suga. more soon!
--Mandy :angelic:

Hey guys! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in ages. Things have been a little crazy w/ college applications, scholarships, and school work. I just wanted to say that I am definitely working on the next chap and that my updates should be more frequent, especially in the beginning of March. I wrote up an independent study in creative writing where I'm basically going to write three short stories (two of which are already done but ssshhh) and then I'm going to work on the rest of "Damaged for 8 weeks straight! So, basically I'm just going to be writing for an hour and half each day! The best part? I'm going to be with one of my favorite teachers and I'll be the only senior in the entire English 9 class (that's what he's teaching during the block that I have him). I'll be posting soon! :D :redhair: :lol: ;)

YAY! I THOUGHT YOU DIED!!!!!!!! *hugz* you're gonna update, you're gonna update *dances* :D

Here it is..

Darkness surrounded him. He was in a silent abyss and time didn’t seem to exist. A small rattling noise occurred on the far end of the pool. Opening his eyes, Nick turned his direction to the noise and swam towards it. He discovered the source of the noise and picked up one of the pennies as he swam up to the surface.
“Nick,” a voice whispered.
Breathing heavily, Nick leaned his forearms on the tile ledge and looked around.
“Who’s there?” Nick called out. “Banks?” He was alone.
His swimming trunks clung to his toned thighs as he stepped out of the pool. Drying himself with the terrycloth towel, Nick left the room and went into his bathroom. Just as he was about to step into the shower he sensed that he wasn’t alone and turned around. He laughed at himself.
“Just relax, Nick,” he said as he entered the shower and turned on the water.
There was a gentle knock on the glass door; it was Ky.
Taken aback, he ogled at her bikini clad body and felt his mouth open when she joined him.
“Ky, what are you doing here?” He asked her.
She pressed her body against his and said, “Don’t talk.” Passionately, she took a hold of his head and kissed him. She felt his muscles tense. “Nick, just relax.”
He listened to her and ran his hands down her back. The taste of her lips caused him to moan. His fingers untied her top and threw it to the floor. She pulled away from him. Seductively, she pulled down his swimming trunks as she got down on her knees.
Winded, Nick awoke to find that he was covered in cold sweat. “If only…” Nick said as he got out of bed.

With a cup of coffee in hand, Anna went into Ky’s bedroom and sat on the armchair. Loudly, she slurped from her mug and began humming. Ky opened her eyes and gave a throaty growl.
“Morning Sunshine, I love your chipper attitude in the morning,” Anna said.
“Leave me alone,” Ky groaned.
“Man, Nick must have worn you out last night,” she giggled.
“Anna, I’m not in the mood.”
“I bet you and Nick were last night.”
“When I am fully awake I’m gonna kick your ass.” She sniffed.
“Oh hon, you know that I’m only teasing. But you gotta tell me something.”
“Nothing happened. We studied, watched TBC, and had dinner,” Ky sat up as she spoke. “Why didn’t you tell me that Harrison made French toast?

“Forget about the toast. You’re leaving something out, I know it.”
“Well..I’ll just say this; Nick is really good with his hands.” She got off the bed.
Anna gasped. “You little *h**e! What did he do?”
While tying her hair up in a messy bun, Ky replied, “Not telling.”
“Come on Ky, please?”
“No.”
Anna followed her into the bathroom.
“I’ll take out to you to dinner.” Ky began brushing her teeth. “Smart move, using personal hygiene as an excuse to not answer me,” she folded her arms and leaned in the doorway. “I’m your best friend; I need to know these kinds of things. Also, I’m your only friend which means you have no choice but to tell me.”
Ky rinsed out her mouth and said, “Nope.”
“I didn’t want to resort this but..” Anna began tickling Ky.
“Fine! You suck you know that?”
“Uh-huh spill.”
“He gave me a foot massage, happy now?”
“How dirty. Maybe next time you’ll let him touch your elbow,” Anna said before going into Ky’s bedroom.
“I’ll be downstairs,” Ky said.
From atop the stairs she heard Ericsson’s voice and came down the stairs step by step. She stopped midway when he came into view. Quietly, she rested her forearms on the railing and watched him serenade his son Toby.
The image of what stood before her caused Ky to feel a mixture of envy and admiration. Ericsson was a loving father and a good man. Whenever she questioned the existence of unconditional love she would remember the way Ericsson cared for his wife and child.
“How long were you standing there?” Ericsson asked as he set Toby down in his carrier.
“Long enough to say that you are a great teacher and that you should definitely stick to that,” she stood next to him.
“I just can’t enough of your honesty,” he folded his arms. “He looks so peaceful. God, I really hope he doesn’t hate me when he’s your age.”
“He won’t hate you. He’ll probably get annoyed when you’re in his presence but he won’t hate you. Besides, you’re an amazing father.”
He was slightly surprised by her compliment.
“Thanks. I try.”
“By the way, what are you doing here so early?”
“My basement’s flooded and my house has no heat. I’ll be staying here for a few days.”
“Cool. I’ve always wanted to live in a home full of testosterone,” she headed towards the kitchen. “Thanks for eating half of my French toast!”
He popped his head in, “Your welcome.”

Combing through the stack of mail in front of him, Harrison spoke to himself and leaned back in his leather chair.
“Bill, bill, junk, coupons, bill, and..whoa,” he removed the envelope from the stack. It was a letter from Ky’s father. He contemplated what he should do with the letter. He heard Ericsson call for him. Without giving it a second thought, he hid the letter beneath the pile of mail on his desk and walked out.

:lol: hahaha it's so funny that Anna's so desperate to know. She sounds like me. Have no luv life of her own, and have to live through someone else :lol:

and...

dun dun dun the drama ensues :lol:

You better update very soon this time! :P
--mandy :angelic:

thankee 4 the update!!
have just read through the whole story agsin to refresh my memory but thats no bad thing cause it is such a pleasure to read.
i totally understand with all of the school work and stuff. i am applying for schols rite now as my next 2 years opf school are totally up in the air as my dad has the strong possibility of moving to azerbijaan which means that i would have to go to a different school than i am planning tro go to next year. i was going to change schools beofre this all came along but now i have to apply to like 3 different schools.
and on top of that i have been informed just now that the tests that i have taken for my physics course dont count towards my exam so i have to retake them all so that they do. which means 4 tests/exams in 6 weeks for 1 subject not to mention the other 7 of them.
oh well
got to go back to class. break is almost over
ukaliaschick and roy :scotsman:

Lugging her suitcases behind her, Joey went over to check-in counter and faced Lawrence. Out of breath, she scowled at him.
“Thanks for helping with my bags,” she gave the receptionist her credit card and ID.
“I just got a manicure, b****,” Lawrence examined his nails.
“Oh stop being such a queen!”
“You’re just jealous because I actually get laid.”
Joey feigned a gasped, “Manwhore!”
“sl**!”
“Homo!”
They both paused for a moment.
“Oh sweetie I’m going to miss you!” Lawrence said as he hugged her.
“Me too!” She kissed him on the cheek. “Maybe I should call Harrison first.”
He took a hold of her shoulders. “Joey, just go. Believe me, he wants to see you.”
“Yeah, you’re right! How do I look?”
“Love the jeans, the hair is fabulous but there’s something about that top,” he reached over and undid two more buttons revealing more of her cleavage.
“Lawrence!”
“What? He hasn’t seen you in weeks! You’ve got to sell it, honey.”
She rolled her eyes. “I’ll call you when I get there.”
“You better,” he smiled.
“Bye!”
“Bye hun!”
When the plane ascended, she remembered that Ky and Nick had a study date the night before. She removed the telephone from the seat in front of her and dialed Harrison’s number. After two rings Ky answered.
“Hello?” Ky cradled the phone between her shoulder and face as she prepared her lunch.
“Hey Ky, this is Joey,” she said.
“Oh hey Joey! Harrison’s not here he’s out with Ericsson right now,” she took a whiff of the mayonnaise to see if it was still edible.
“Actually, I want to talk to you,” Joey crossed her legs.
“Let me guess, you want to know what happened between Nick and I last night?”
“Just a little bit,” she chuckled.
“I’ll deny ever saying this but…he was a perfect gentleman.”
“Really? And if you don’t mind me asking what did you two do?”
“Nothing.”
“I maybe blond but I'm not an idiot. Nick's smitten, sprung, head over heels and any other cliché saying that I haven’t used.”
“Joey, did Nick put you up to this? Because I would have rather preferred to receive a note asking if I like him to either check off a yes or no box.”
“I’m calling for myself Ky, no one else. Besides, it’s obvious how he feels about you. You on the other hand…”
“I’m not going to admit what you want me to admit,” Ky put a piece of lettuce on her sandwich.
“That’s not why I called.”
“Oh…” She felt a little embarrassed.
“Look, I’ve met some of the girls that Nick has been with. And you’re the only one that I actually like.” Ky was silent. “Nick’s far from being perfect and he still has issues to work out, but he’s got a good heart. Just give him a chance. Are you still there?”
“Yeah, I’m sorry. And..I will.”
“Thanks Ky.”
“You’re welcome. Bye,” she said.
“Bye,” she waited a minute before hanging up.
Wrapping a towel around his waist, Nick left his bathroom and sat on his king size bed. He turned on the television set and watched ESPN. Keeping his eyes on the screen, he answered the telephone.

“Nick?” Joey asked with hint of amazement in her voice.
“Yeah?” Nick answered back.
“You actually answered the phone?”
“Why do you sound so surprised?”
“Because you're usually too lazy to get off your ass to do anything. I guess this proves how much Ky has really gotten to you.”
“Shut up,” he said with a small smile on his face.
“Anyway, I just wanted to call to let you know that I'm coming over.”
“Cool, when?”
“Well, I'm on the plane right now so probably a little bit before midnight. But don't tell Ky though. I want my impromptu visit to be a surprise for Harrison,” she adjusted her top.
“How sweet,” he said sarcastically.
“Don’t sass boy,” she said in a perfect Southern accent. “I heard that you and Ky had an interesting evening.”
“You talked to her?” He put his boxers on.
“Maybe..”
“What did she say?”
“Oh Nick, you know that I can’t tell you that,” she teased him.
“You suck, ya know that?”
She laughed. “Just be good to her, all right?”
“Are you giving me advice?”
“Yes and I highly suggest that you take it.”
“I will. I gotta get dressed. I’m asking Ky out. Wish me luck, sis.”
“Good luck, you’ll need it,” she joked.
“Bye.”
“See ya in a few hours,” she hung up.
Like a little boy, Nick twiddled the telephone pondering whether he should call Ky or not. He didn’t want to seem too eager but on the other hand and she did seem to be at least like him.
“Aw f*** it,” Nick said as he dialed her phone number.
“Hello?” Ky said on the other line.
“Hey Ky, it’s Nick,” he scratched the back of his head.
“This is weird. Joey just called me,” Ky sat down on the living room couch.
“Did she?” He asked innocently. “What did you talk about?”
“Nice try, Nick but I’m not saying a word.”
“Fine. I’ll just assume that my name came up in the conversation.”
“Wow, and just when I thought that your ego couldn’t get any bigger,” she loved teasing him.
“You just love busting my balls, don’t ya?”
“Of course - figuratively and literally.”
“I can see why guys would be afraid of you.”
“They are?”
“You didn’t know?” He kicked mentally kicked himself.
“Well, I knew about Andy and Keith but..all guys?”
“Ya know I take that back-.”
“Nick, don’t try to sugarcoat things for me; ever.”
“Well not all guys just..most.”
“I understand and I’m not surprised. Most guys don’t know how to handle a b**** like me.”
“You’re not a b****, Ky. You’re just real and strong, not all guys deal with that.”
With a slight smile on her face she said, “You’ve managed too.”
“That’s because you let me.” He sat down at his desk.
“Nick if you don’t mind me asking, why did you call?” She knew what his reason was; she just needed to hear it from him.
“Well, you just like to get right to it.”
“You know it.”
“I don’t have anything tonight, so, I was kinda hoping that we could hang out.”
“Anna and I are going to Chinatown tonight. You can come with us?”
“I’m there. Time?”
“We’re going to be leaving around sevenish.”
“All right, where are we going to meet?”
“At my place.”
“Ok, I gotta get ready. Bye.”
“See ya tonight.”
After hanging up the phone, she stared at her reflection in the hallway mirror and grimaced before going upstairs.

eeee! they're going on a date! A DATE A DATE!!! :woot: hehehehehe :D that was great. phone convo with nick! *sigh*

Dialing Trish's phone number, Jacobs pulled out of his driveway. Keeping his eyes on the road, he waited until the fourth ring to hang up. When he called again, she answered.
“Hey hun,” Trish said.
“Hey, where you before?” Jacobs stopped at set of lights.
“I just took a quick shower, hold a minute I need to put you on speaker phone” she tied her robe shut and sat down at her vanity mirror. “What are you up to?”
“I just need to get some gas.”
“Cool, where are we going to meet up?”
“I can just drop by and pick you up?”
She froze. “Kolby, you know what will happen if someone sees us?”
“It's not like we haven't done it before.”
“Well yeah but half the town was on vacation and it was the dead of night.”
“Trish, we've been careful and all you need to do is put on your incognito hate and scarf.”
“Why are you obsessed with my incognito clothing?”She rubbed her apple scented lotion on her legs.
“Because you look cute in them, especially when you wear that blue hat.”
“It is my color. Where are going tonight?”
“I was thinking that we could stop by Chinatown and get a bite to eat.”
“That's sounds good, I'll see ya in a few.”
“Love you.”
“Love you too, bye.”
Sucking on a lollipop, Anna waited for Ky in the living room. The sweet taste of artificial watermelon remained on her taste buds after finishing the lollipop. When Ky came down the stairs, she got off the couch.
“Holy boobs Batman!” Anna exclaimed.
Ky looked down at her top, “What?”
“Can that top be anymore low cut?”
“Anna, I've worn this shirt before.”
“Yeah, but you were wearing a tank top underneath. Of course, that time you weren't going out on a date with the most beautiful man I've ever seen. But I can also see why you'd want to *h**e it up.”
“First, this isn't a date and second, I'm not whoring it up for Nick. There's nothing wrong with showing a little skin as long as it's classy.”
“This is a date because you two are going out to have a meal alone.”
“No, you're going to be there.”
“Am I?”
A car horn honked.
“Who's that?”
“Oh that's Jim, he's bringing home,” she picked up her backpack.
“Anna, don't you dare do this to me.”
“Do what?” She said innocently as she went over to the door.
“Anna!” Ky yelled.
“Later Ky!” Anna hollered as she ran out the front door.
Stopping at the doorway, Ky screamed out, “I’m so gonna get you back, Anna!”
“Love ya too hun, bye!” Anna said before getting into her brother’s car.
A chilly wind blew into the house and immediately, she closed the door. Harrison and Ericsson came down the stairs.
“What the heck just happened?” Harrison asked.
“Anna just bailed out on me,” Ky said as she plopped down on the couch.
“Nice,” Ericsson nodded his head.
“This sucks,” she folded her arms.
“Care to explain why?” Harrison asked.
“Because,” she looked at him and then turned away, “forget about it.”
“Ah, I see.” Ercisson put his hand on Harrison’s shoulder. “This is sweet, our little girl is afraid to go on her first date alone!”
Rolling her eyes, Ky said, “That’s right, I’ve always dreamed out of this moment, when my two gay dads would look at me with admiration as I venture into the world of dating.”
Removing his hand off of Harrison’s shoulder, he said, “You’re wit just kills me, Ky.” They both went downstairs and entered the living room.
“Nick just pulled in,” Harrison said.
“I guess that’s my cue,” she stood up and took her coat off the rack.
“Is your cell phone charged?” Harrison asked.
“Yep,” she kissed him the cheek. “I’ll be home by eleven. Bye.”
They stood in the doorway and just watched get into Nick’s car. Nick and Ky waved at them before pulling out of the driveway.

Slowly, Nick’s eyes traveled along Ky’s body before backing out of the driveway. The top that she wore was low cut and hugged voluptuous chest. Crossing her legs, she adjusted her knee length skirt and grabbed Nick’s CD booklet.
“You look really pretty tonight,” he told her.
She smiled, “Thank you. You look good too.”
“So, where are going tonight?”
“There’s this restaurant in Chinatown we, being Harrison and I, call it the second floor. It’s has great Chinese food and it’s really cheap.”
“Sounds great.”
“I would have never guessed that you were a Britney Spears fan,” she took out the CD and placed it into the player.
“She’s my guilty pleasure.”
“And the fact that she’s hot helps too, right?”
“I’ve never heard a girl call girl hot another girl hot before.”
She shrugged, “It’s not big deal.”
“Can I ask you something?”
“Sure.”
“And I give you permission to punch at the next red light.”
“All right.”
“Ok, is it true that Asians eat…dogs?”
“You have no idea how many times I’ve been asked that question. There are some countries in Asia that are so poor that they have to resort to eating dogs or cats. But, there are some and I emphasize some, Asian cultures that do view dogs and cats as a delicacy. Personally, I could never do that, it’s just…eeww.”
“Tell me about it. Thanks for the clarification.”
“No problem, but if you had asked me that just randomly, I would have gotten wicked pissed off. It’s such horribly Asian stereotype. Like, how would you feel if I called you the ‘Italian stallion?’
“Actually, I’d feel quite complimented,” he laughed.
“You would.”
“What?! It’s not really offensive to me, I think it’s funny. I mean, I fell for your ‘Asian persuasion.’ He winked at her.
She burst into a fit of laughter. “That is the cheesiest line I have ever heard.”
“It is, but it’s true.”
Her laughter died down. “You should really learn how to censor yourself.” She itched the back of her neck.
“There’s nothing wrong with being outspoken.”
“I didn’t say there was. Not everyone can handle honesty.”
“Like you?”
“I’m not used to having someone like you around me.”
“No really?” His voice was sarcastic. “I’m just a very open person. I like you, is there something wrong with that?”
She gazed at him and ignored his comment. The song “Everytime” came on and she hired up the volume.
“I’m sorry,” he blurted out.
“For what?”
“I don’t know..you just seem upset.”
“Don’t apologize because you didn’t do anything wrong. I’m not upset; I just really like this song.”
“Isn’t this about her cheating?”
“Yeah, but at least she regretted it and she admitted it. Instead of keeping it from him for months like spineless coward and then-. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to rant.”
“Is that what Chris did?”
She nodded, “Something like that.”
“***hole.”
She smiled, “My thoughts exactly.”
Slowly, he took a hold of her hand. She stared at him blankly and he began to pull his hand away. Unexpectedly, she gripped his hand and said, “Thanks.”

awwwwwwwww that's so adorable! I love how Anna bailed on Ky! :lol: :rotflmao: hehe ^_^ and Ky wore a low cut top :lol: sooo Nick is a closet Britney fan... freaky :P Jacobs is gonna get caught isn't he? I LOVE it! can't wait for you to update soon!

*pout*

Where's the rest of their date?

I was really very much enjoying reading this.

I'm almost starting to fall for Nick :blush:. My only complaint I could have is all the swearing, but I know that most teenagers do talk like that, so I can deal with it.

When you add more (please make it soon) could you send me a PM please?

~mel~

I'm so sorry guys! It's been ages since I've last updated but I promise that I will update this in the next few days! Thanks for reading my fic mellybelly!

It's finally here! Thank y'all for being so patient.

Walking alongside the narrow streets of Chinatown, Nick took in the sights around him. Although he had been here many times before, he couldn’t recall ever venturing into this part of the city. During most of his visits he was accompanied by his parents and they refused to dine in any restaurant that was not as his father would say, “First class.”
“Hey,” Ky said, “are you ok?”
“Yeah, it’s just…,” he hesitated.
“You’ve never seen this side of Chinatown before, have you?”
“How can you tell?” An embarrassed smile came across his face.
“You just have that look on your face. Besides, with the family you come from I’m not entirely surprised,” she shoved her hands in her coat pocket.
“What is that suppose to mean?”
She sensed the defensive tone of his voice and said, “Nevermind.”
“No, I wanna know why you said that,” he stopped walking and they faced each other.
“Fine. Nick, you are ridiculously wealthy. Your Dad is a plastic surgeon and your Mom is a partner in the most powerful law firm in New England! They would never want to be seen here, ever!” She turned her head towards a glass building and met his gaze. “The restaurant is right in there,” Ky told him.
“Well, I’m not ready to go in yet,” he said to her.
Ky felt a warm flash go through her body and inhaled deeply. His blue eyes penetrated her and she knew that she had crossed a line with him. She just didn’t know which one.
“First off,” he took a hold of her arm to prevent her from walking away. “I’ll admit that I don’t always like my parents but I do love them. So don’t ever talk about them as if you know them because you don’t.”
“Nick, I’m-.”
“Ky, I’m not finished.”
“Ok,” she nodded.
“I’m not some rich spoiled snob and if that’s what you really think about me..then this can’t work,” he stared deep in her dark brown eyes as if he was trying to burn his words into her mind but also, into her guarded heart. The mere moments that passed between them felt like an eternity. She finally spoke.
“Nick, that’s not how I think of you…anymore. Yes, when I first met you that’s what I labeled you as. But I would have never have brought you here if I still thought of you as that kind of guy,” she cupped the side of his handsome face to show her sincerity.
Nick reached up, put his hand on top of hers and said, “I know..and I’m sorry for assuming that.” He brought her hand down.
“Look, what I said about your parents was uncalled for and I’m sorry for being so judgmental of them.”
For once in their relationship, she was being apologetic for her actions. And he knew that she meant every remorseful word that she uttered. Through their silence they had forgiven each other.
“We should really get inside,” he told her as put his hand on her back and guided her to the glass building.

Wiping a droplet of soy sauce off Trish’s mouth with his napkin, Jacobs said, “You should really work on your table manners.”
“What I get a little soy sauce on myself and now I’m a pig?” Trish said.
“In my book, yes,” he joked.
“Very funny,” she leaned over the Formica table and kissed him on the lips. “I have to go to the ladies room, watch my coat.”
“Sure, just don’t keep me waiting.”
“Thanks and I won’t,” she said as she walked away.
His mobile phone rang.
“Ky?” He answered.
“What the hell is wrong with you?!” She yelled.
“Whoa..what are you talking about?”
“You’re here, at the Second Floor, with Trish!”
His heart stopped. “I am not.”
“Jacobs, I saw you in through the glass door. And you are soo lucky that it’s just me and Nick who saw you two together.”
“Nick saw us?!”
“Don’t worry, he won’t tell anyone.”
Nick spoke into her phone, “I won’t say a word.”
“Jacobs, I thought you were going to break it off ?!” She asked him.
“I am, tonight,” he lied. He noticed Trish emerging from the bathroom and said, “Look, I have go bye,” he hung up.
“Hey,” Trish said as she sat down, “who were you talking to?”
“It was a wrong number.”
“I see,” she nodded. “I have something to confess.”
“What?” He leaned in.
“I’m not going to beat around the bush, so..I’ll say it,” she reached across the table and held his hands. “I want us to bring our relationship to the next level. Jac-Kolby I want to make love to you and I want it to be tonight.”
Her words had paralyzed him and he simply stared into her eyes.

After deciding that the dining on the Second Floor would invite unneeded drama into their night, Nick insisted that they enjoy their dinner at a quaint Italian restaurant on the Northend. The conversation between them was fluid and was never interrupted with awkward silences.
“So, I called the movie theatre when I was in the bathroom and the movie I wanted us to see is sold out,” Nick explained.
“That’s funny, because I don’t remember agreeing to dinner and a movie,” Ky teased.
“It was supposed to be a surprise-but I think I just came up with something better. Wait here,” he headed towards the men’s room. When he came back, he put on his coat and pushed in his chair.
“Where are we going?” Ky asked as she did the same.
“I have to ask you to do something but you have to promise to be open-minded,” he opened the door for her.
She pondered his question before answering. “Ok, what is it?”
“I need you to trust me,” he opened the car door for her.
She waited until he got into the car to reply.
“That’s asking a lot,” she told him.
“I just need you to trust me enough to guide you somewhere..blindfolded,” he turned on the engine.
“How do I know that you won’t guide me to the top of the Prudential building and push me off?”
“I won’t, I promise. So, what do ya say?” He held up his black scarf.
She searched his face and replied, “Alright, I trust you enough to not push me off Prudential building.”
“That’s all I ask,” he tied the scarf around her eyes and pulled out of the parking lot.
Rapidly, her heart beat in anticipation when he opened her car door. During the car tip she had considered removing the blindfold and asking him to take her home. But, she knew that would hurt him and she had already done enough damage during that small incident in Chinatown. After getting out of the car, he linked arms with her, he then proceeded to guide her into an unknown building and then through a series of doors.
“Watch your head,” he gently titled her head. “And we’re about to walkup a small flight of steps.”
“How many?” She asked.
“Five.”
Her face became cold and then she realized that they were outdoors again.
After stepping off of the last step, she asked. “Nick, where are we?”
“You’ll see,” he continued to guide her. “And..we’re here,” he stood behind her. “Look, if you end up hating this then I give you permission to kick my ass but I’ve got a pretty good feeling about this. Lou, hit it!” He yelled out.
She could see rays of light through the scarf. “Nick, just take off my blindfold.”
“As you wish,” he did as he was told.
Her mouth opened in wonderment as she slowly turned around to admire her surroundings. It was quiet and empty, almost dead but she had never seen Fenway Park be so beautiful.
“Nick, how did you?”
“I’ve got connections. So, you like?”
“There are no words..OK maybe one, amazing.”
He smiled and moved closer to her.
“Ky, look down.”
“Oh my God, I’m on the mound! I’m standing where Cy Young, Luis Tiant, Roger Clemens, Pedro Martinez and Curt Schilling have stood. Thank you,” she faced him. The unexpected happened, it began snowing. With her eyes closed, she titled her face towards the sky and smiled. Nick was once told that falling in love was like watching snow fall, it’s lush, quit and captivating, he never understood that saying until that very moment.

“Fine. Nick, you are ridiculously wealthy. Your Dad is a plastic surgeon and your Mom is a partner in the most powerful law firm in New England! They would never want to be seen here, ever!” She turned her head towards a glass building and met his gaze. “The restaurant is right in there,” Ky told him.

oooooh baaaad Ky. though I can't say it's not true because it more than likely is, while not so nice, is the truth. ;)

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” She yelled.
“Whoa..what are you talking about?”
“You’re here, at the Second Floor, with Trish!”
His heart stopped. “I am not.”
“Jacobs, I saw you in through the glass door. And you are soo lucky that it’s just me and Nick who saw you two together.”

dun dun dun. and they saw them. :Ph34r: that's not good is it?

“I’m not going to beat around the bush, so..I’ll say it,” she reached across the table and held his hands. “I want us to bring our relationship to the next level. Jac-Kolby I want to make love to you and I want it to be tonight.”

WOAH! the girl! WTF?! okay Jacobs better do the right thing. and by right I mean break her heart! serious women! what the hell was she thinking?!!!

Her mouth opened in wonderment as she slowly turned around to admire her surroundings. It was quiet and empty, almost dead but she had never seen Fenway Park be so beautiful.

awww that's so sweet! come on! it's some time for some Ky/Nick actions!!! we need actions! and by actions, I mean actions... :naughty: :lol:

mystery_chick said:
oooooh baaaad Ky. though I can't say it's not true because it more than likely is, while not so nice, is the truth. ;)
dun dun dun. and they saw them. :Ph34r: that's not good is it?
WOAH! the girl! WTF?! okay Jacobs better do the right thing. and by right I mean break her heart! serious women! what the hell was she thinking?!!!
awww that's so sweet! come on! it's some time for some Ky/Nick actions!!! we need actions! and by actions, I mean actions... :naughty: :lol:
[post="1162680"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I guess Nick feels the way that most people feel about their families, "I can b**** about them but you can't."

Of course it's not good that Ky and Nick saw them but Jacobs got lucky because it could have been worse.

LOL I love your reaction and that will be resolved. Do they have the lovin'?

By actions, do you mean "relations"? lol

Joey pushed on the doorbell and rubbed her cold, trembling hands together. She had told herself that it was frigid weather that caused her hands to shake and not her uneasy nerves. She hated lying to herself.
“Joey?” Harrison said with warm.
“Hey you,” she grinned.
He stared at her before shaking his head. “I’m sorry, come in.”
“Don’t be sorry, Harrison,” she stepped into the house.
“It’s freezing and snowing, and I’m just standing here like an idiot gawking at you,” he helped remove her coat. “God, you’re trembling.” He guided her to the fireplace. “It must be hell out there.”
“It is…but that’s not why I’m shaking,” she meet his eyes but couldn’t speak.
He saw the hesitation in her eyes and put his arm around her as they sat down.
“Joey, you don’t have to tell me,” he told her.
“I know…it’s just..”
“What?”
“I missed you.”
He held her hands. “I missed you too, is that why you were shaking?”
“Were?” She looked down at her hands and noticed that she had stopped trembling. Then, she had realized that his touch calmed her.
“Joey, are you OK?”
“Yeah, I just really needed to see you.”
“Well, you being here is a pleasant surprise.”
“You’re so sweet to me,” she cupped the side of his face.
He took her hand and said, “Would you like something to drink?”
“Coffee…please?”
“I’ll be back,” he left the room. As he removed a paper filter from the drawer, he yelled to her. “So how long have you been in town?”
“About an hour, I just dropped my stuff off at the house.” She heard a baby crying from upstairs. “Harrison?”
“Yeah?”
“Do you have a baby that I don’t know about?”
“Not that I know of…oh, that’s Toby, my friend’s son. He’s staying here for awhile because his basement is flooded,” he removed an oversized coffee mug from the cabinet in front of him.
“That sucks,” Joey said.
“It sure does,” Ericsson answered her when he came down the stairs while holding Toby in his arms. “Hi, I’m Tony,” he shook her hand.
“It’s nice to meet you, Tony. I’m-.”
“Joey, I know. My son and I are huge fans,” he smiled.
“Really, I guess he must be my youngest fan. He is so adorable,” she smiled at the infant.
“Would you like to hold him?”
“Of course,” she carefully took Toby into her arms.
“If you’ll excuse me, I have to go warm up his milk,” he went into the kitchen and spoke to Harrison. “Why didn’t you tell me that she was coming?”
“I didn’t know she was,” Harrison explained. “She just came into town.”
He noticed Harrison’s concerned expression. “And you’re not happy because?”
Harrison lowered his voice, “I’m glad to see her but..something’s up. You should have seen her when she first came, she was trembling.”
“Sounds serious,” Ericsson replied while putting the bottle into the warmer.
“I don’t know..maybe it’s her anxiety. Whatever it is, it really got to her,” he poured the coffee into the oversized mug.
“Well, whatever it was, she seems to have gotten over it.”
“That’s the weird thing,” he looked down at the mug before looking up again, “she calmed down when I held her hands.” He stared at his friend for an answer.
“Heavy.”
“That’s it? Tony, you’re supposed to be the intuitive one and all you can come up with is ‘heavy’?”
“Harrison, I’d love to help ya but I just met her,” he tested the milk’s temperature on his wrist.
“But you’ve already formed an opinion; I see it in your eyes.”
“You got me. Maybe she’s here because she needed you..to help her with whatever was bothering her.”
“No,” Harrison’s tone was doubtful. “Who would travel 3,000 miles just to see someone that they just met?”
“Someone who is falling in-.”
“Don’t say it,” Harrison warned him.
“Whether I say it or not, it doesn’t make any less true. She has friends in Los Angeles that could have easily helped her but she came to you. Think about it man. Now, I’ll just take this to Toby and we’ll just be upstairs for the rest of the evening.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes, and it’s pretty obvious that she wants to be alone with you,” he put a hand on Harrison’s shoulder. “Have a good night, man.”
“Thanks,” he said to Ericsson as he walked out.

After applying her chocolate flavored lip balm, Ky leaned her head against the headrest and smiled at Nick as he drove. Earlier, he had tried to hold her hand after starting the car but she had pulled away from him. She had already stepped dangerously close to the edge by holding his hand and then by touching his face while apologizing to him. One more step and she would be falling; she refused to let that happen.
He felt her gaze and glanced at her.
“What?” He asked her while keeping his eyes on the road.
“Thank you, for tonight.”
“Ky, you really don’t have to thank me.”
“I want to. Tonight was just..unbelievable. I’ll never forget this and I have you to thank for that, even though I don’t deserve it,” she tucked a lock of her black hair behind her ear.
“Now what would make you say a thing like that?”
“I stepped on your balls!” She cried out.
“I had it coming!”
“True, but I applied more pressure then I needed to.”
“I can’t really disagree with you there. Although I’m pretty sure we’ll-I mean…nevermind,” he mentally slapped himself.
She stood up straight in her seat and said, “What did you say?”
“Nothing.”
“No, you said something about having kids.”
“Oh that yeah, I said that I’ll still be able to.”
“I’m pretty sure you said-.”
“Ky, I know what I said, so just drop it, ok?”
She decided to obey his request after hearing his defensive tone. “Alright, it’s forgotten.”
“Good,” he nodded.
Changing the subject, Ky asked, “What’s it like being popular?”
“You should probably ask someone that is,” he chucked.
“But you were and I’d like to know how it was like?”
“Why? I thought you hated popular people?”
“I do, but that popularity is projected as this great life and for some people it’s a goal. I just never got into the allure of it but I want to try to understand.”
“Well,” he shrugged, “it’s not a big deal.”
“Nick,” she tiled her head to the side.
“The parties are cool; the special attention that I used to get from some teachers was good too. But, most of it is just bulls***.”
“Because of the people?”
“Yeah, a lot of them are so fake.”
“How about Andy and Keith?”
He sighed heavily. “I’ve known them since forever. They can be pretty good guys…sometimes.”
“So, I guess they’re only ***holes to me then.”
“They’re not ***holes; they just need to grow up.” He waited a few second before speaking again. “Keith invited me to his post game party on Friday.”
“And you want to go?”
“No, why would I?”
“Because he’s your friend and I think you should. At least he’s making an effort.”
“He doesn’t like you and I can’t be friends with him if he’s an ***hole to you.”
“Obviously he knows that and maybe this invitation is his olive branch?”
“Why are you saying this?”
“Because, being an outcast is very lonely. I’m not saying that I would throw myself back to my friends but high school sucks and it’s only bearable if you have someone by your side,” she stared into his eyes.
“I’m not alone,” his penetrating gaze caused her to turn towards her window.
Quietly, she said, “I know.”
He smiled.

Wrapping his arm around her waist, Harrison breathed in her beautiful scent and kissed her head. She responded by resting her head on his shoulder and turned her head towards him. They sat next to one another and gazed at the crackling fireplace before them.
“Jared came over,” she met his eyes. “He wanted me back.”
“What did you tell him?” He held her close to his body.
“I turned him away. The moment I saw him, I was reminded of what he put me through.”
“How did he take it?”
“Not too well, especially when I mentioned you. But that doesn’t matter, he’s not in my life anymore, you are,” she kissed him. He brought his hand to the side of her face and deepened the kiss. They embraced and relished in each other’s warmth. When the kiss ended, she smiled.
“Thanks,” she told him.
“For what?” He questioned her.
She kissed him again.

It always felt as if time had stopped whenever he was with her. Silently, Jacobs admired Trish as she slept. Carefully, he slipped out of the bed, put on his boxers and grabbed the condom wrapper off the nightstand. Underneath his rough soles he felt the cool tile when he entered the bathroom. When he stared at his reflection, he saw a different man. He was a man in love but he was scared. Now, he had crossed the line and what scared him was; he didn’t care.

Back