Damien Rice

I just heard some of his album. Its awesome its called "O". It has such a coldplay feel to it, but it's not so dreamy. Amazing voice and style. I love Volcano and Delicate the most. Anyone else like em?

You really should listen to Delicate. Great song and i love that cello or violin in the background. Its a great contrast of sound between th guitar.

Baa, I can't believe this thread was like 10 pages in!! Damien Rice is amazing. O is such a good album. It is dark, intense, and just wow. I especially like "The Blower's Daughter" and "Volcano". But I do like "Delicate". It rocks that it was on Alias.

I was just going to start a thread on him! I got interested in him from the trailers for the movie Closer because they played The Blower's Daughter. O is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time, really different from what I usually listen to. I can't stop listening to Cannonball, LoL

I am in love with Damien Rice. That man is amazing. Seriously, 'Volcano' 'The Blower's Daughter' 'I Remember' 'Amie' okay..i'll stop now for times sake but i could really list every song him and Lisa have sang. That guy is simply the best. He is my new addiction if you cannot tell. :P

oh and i was lifeguarding the other night and had his cd in and one of the swimmers came up to me afterwards and asked who was singing cuz she liked it and wanted to buy it. :smiley:

i could have sworn that i replied to a damien rice thred before but obviously i was imagining things, so i will just do it now. The man is a god!! i have loved him since i saw him in concert supporting Kathryn Williams in Leeds in 2002, and he was late and his singing partner(yet again, i forget her name:rolleyes:) was sitting waiting. eventually he turned up with blood on his knee and ripped jeans cos he'd fallen ove at the train station. he was so cute. and when i heard his stuff i was just astounded. completely overshadowed Kathryn williams, who is also pretty cool though. And wow, i have just written far too much. -_-

Wow I haven't replied to this yet? Odd. :confused: I had an illegal copy of his album but got rid of it coz my 'rents got me 'O' for Christmas! :smiley: YAY! :happydance:

Damien Rice rocks! My friend told me about him a long time ago. "The Blower's Daughter" is great. "Volcano" I like and of course, "Delicate". Everytime I hear Delicate on my iPod I think of Sydney and Vaughn. haha.

yes so Damien is amazing and Borders finally got in B-Sides for me!! I was listening to it on the way home in the car and yeah...my parents didn't like Woman LIke a Man too much ;)

I Love him soooo much i have O and everything else lots of live versions of his stuff i love his version of Creep if you go to his UK website u can download some stuff of his from shows like conan and the like :smiley:

i bought the cd today, after hearing Cannonball whilst sitting in Costa's... it reminded me that The Blowers Daughter also is an amazing song and felt the need to go buy it.
i am in love with the cello part. it's so pretty. i want to learn how to play it...
even if you don't like the style of music, just the way the cello is in between each "Can't take my eyes/mind off of you" is beautiful in The Blowers Daughter. and then at the end, when lisa hannigan is singing the lines "Did i say i loathe you? Did i say i want to leave it all behind..." its sooo pretty.
okay just the Blowers Daughter has inspired me to actually practice cello :lol: actually...might go try to work out how to play it... ;)
And Cannonball, Volcano, Delicate, Eskimo, Amie, and Cold Water.. :thud: amazing...

I've had cannonball in my head all day. I love that song. It's on the In Good Company soundtrack. I was so stoked to hear it in the movie yesterday.

Back