Dancers

lol...I have so much in common with you Sydney!! I'm on a drill team, but everyone on it has to take ballet from our coach's studio. Needless to say, I'm not so great (AT ALL!) and watching us is one humerous time.

And Gigi...I hope that foot held up at your performance. :smiley: How did it go?

And Boston Ballet? When we lived there, we saw them put on the Nutcracker...so so so amazing.

Hey All!!

Thanks for the suggestions. Just wanted to let you know tom. is the first preformance of the Nutcracker...wish me luck. Im so nervous.....lol.

Thanks~Leah

Aww that's awesome! Have fun and smile! :D

I have been restricted from dancing again for 4 weeks (its supposed to be longer, but...). Of course, nothing can keep me from dancing, unless you immobilize me. So, my doctor did just that. I'm going to be in a cast for all of my holiday break and 2 weeks after it. Then, I get it off and I'm not supposed to dance for about 2 weeks. But, I won't be able to do that because we have a performance coming up. Anyway, this cast has already depressed me and it's only been on for a day. Also, that I don't get so frustrated and upset with the whole issue that I blow up in a million pieces. -_-

Hey guys! :smiley: I was just wondering if anyone else had winter performances coming up. I love performing-it's my favorite part of dancing-but we have a concert in February. Ah, I can't wait! :woot:

i'm a dancer!! i just stumbled upon this thread !! awesome! i do hip hop and jazz ... used to do tap! i think i will pick it up again next year because i need to do tap for the audition for next years musical at my highschool... wheee!!
i love dancing.
right now in my jazz class we're doing this kick-ass routine to "boys" by britney spears :D
even though i don't care for her much, i LOVE the routine!

Hey there! Glad someone else joined me...I've been by my lonesome self for a while now ^_^ Hehe.

I don't know if I've ever been so depressed and upset in my entire life. Okay, I have, but, just listen to this...
Here I am, sitting on the floor of my dance studio, my leg in a cast, watching my dancing piers take their first dance class since the break 2 weeks ago. They have a 2 week break-I have 4 before of this :Points to cast: stupid thing. Anyway, that was depressing enough. Then, my dance teacher tells us we have a surprise tomorrow...and she looks at me and whispers "Jess is coming in town and she said she would teach-but only the advanced class." Yes, of course, I'm going to be in a cast. Funny, the last time I saw her I was in a cast. AAH! Okay, so you're all thinking, Who's Jess? Well, she's a professional dancer. She is a principal with Charleston Ballet Theatre, and my dance teacher used to dance there, so she and Jess are best friends. Yeah, so, I am missing like, a once in a lifetime opportunity because of this stupid cast! Not being able to dance is bad enough...Not being able to take Jess's class? That's enough to make me...spend 12 hours trying to cut my cast off with a pizza cutter (my dance teacher's idea ^_^). You guys! I'm so upset!

Okay, I better run. I have to go look for the pizza cutter -_-

oh man!! that sucks so bad! what an oppertunity!

i've never had the opportunity to take a class with a profesional dancer, but i have met one. She stared in the nutcracker, and also in the show "giselle" she's from france, and i've known her since i was 3. She is friends with my Grandmother's friend, who knows my aunt. :lol:

I'm sorry you missed that oppurtunity aliasjunkie.
We started our tap and jazz dances tuesday for our year end recital and we start our ballet today. I already love our jazz and tap ones.

Yeah...Jess's class was AMAZING. :sigh: I was itching to dance so bad. But I asked her to come back next time when my foot wasn't in a cast, so she said she would try her best ^_^ Just for the heck of it, I've posted some pictures of her. They're not the greatest-she's really much prettier than the pictures portray! :smiley: You can check out more at www.charlestonballet.com. I have taken class with Jonathan Tabbert and Stephen Gabriel, and Matthew McKinney came and starred as the prince in Cinderella in our performance last year ^_^

Jessica%20for%20merge.jpg

Jessica%20in%20attitued%20cinderella%20for%20web.jpg

Hey, have you guys heard of the new Robert Altman film, starring Neve Campbell called The Company? (Check out my sig...). It came out Christmas day in LA and NY, but I was wondering if anyone knew when it came out everywhere else. I'm DYING to see it, but I can't find anywhere that tells me when it's out nation wide. :eek:

Hey Evryone! Sry I've been out for a while!~Nutcracker was great except for a few minor problems, one being I couldnt find a one of my pointe shoes an hour before i was supposed to go on but it was 5 min till show and my mom was at a local dance store trying to get me new ones when I found it under the counter~lol Other than that it was fine. Newayz we do have a spring recital comming up only we rehearse on sat. and some sun. so Im there everyday. :angry: Oh yeah I have heard of the movie with Neve Campell, it was in Dance Spirit. Well thats all the news I have ttyl!!

Leah~

I love to dance, but right now I am off for like 10 weeks because I dislocated my kneecap. :( I can't stand it I am so incredibely bored. I am missing 2 competitions, maybe 3. I can't wait until I can get back up again. At times like this I realize how much I love it. Last year was awesome! We did great at nationals and I was really looking forward to this year and now I am missing most of it. It totally and competely sucks!

Oh, I dislocated my kneecap also. I didn't wait ten weeks, although I probably should have waited longer than I did to get back up on it and dance. I dislocated it on a Thursday and was dancing on it the next Tuesday. I probably should have waited longer because now it likes to slip out of place easier and it can't do that but at least I can dance!

It has been a couple weeks since I got hurt and even now if I got up and tried to dance, my teacher would yell at me to sit down. I wish I could get up, but I have too many people around me that want me to wait
They tried to get me fitted for my costumes last week, I am not even going to be using them for at least a month. I started to cry I can't wait until I can dance again.

Hi Maggie :welcome: It's nice to have you here :smiley:

I'm sorry "ballerina". That really stinks. I know what you're going through though...I hope you get better really soon, and just a tip? Listen to the doctors ^_^

Lexie, that's awesome. I love pointe. I haven't been doing it nearly as much as I like because I'm having problems with my foot, but I actually took my first full class on pointe last week and it was sooo nice. :smiley: Several of my friends went to audition for ABT's summer program this summer! You should look into it for next year ;)

Hello!

If i were you, I'd take a basic ballet class, even if you dont think you'll be into ballet, it teaches you the fundementals you'll use in almost any other kind of dance.

Anyone else here working on a dance in Jazz? We just started one to Toxic. Cant wait to see how this one goes!!

Leah~

I have been working on one since this summer. It is for competition. We are dancing to She Bangs.
Has anyone else had to learn an instrument for one of their dances? A couple years ago my teacher had us learn how to play the trombone so we could do our tap dance to 76 Trombones.

Back