Dancers

leahsvre said:
Anyone else here working on a dance in Jazz? We just started one to Toxic. Cant wait to see how this one goes!!

Leah~
One of our seniors just performed a solo to Toxic. It was SO awesome! Good luck with yours!

We just performed a jazz dance and we're starting a new one to a souped up version of Nat King Cole's What A Wonderful World. :smiley:

Just curious, but have any of you guys heard of or better yet, seen The Company? The trailer's on my sig...I haven't seen it yet because it only opened at one theater here. I can't wait for it to come out of video! ^_^

hey, i'm planning on taking a beginning dance class next year at my school (so that way i can get into dance chorography and production the year after, to fill my arts requirement), and i was wondering, what would you say are some of the things they'll teach us?

Oh gosh, I have my dance recital tomorrow. I'm doing 2 dances (both ballet) one is to "Eugene Onegin Waltz" and "The Russian Dance" from Nutcracker. Russian isn't bad but there's this one part "EO" that I so totally stink at and it's gonna look horrible, but I guess oh well. 'Tis the season for dance rectials huh? Anybody taking summer classes?

ooo....your recital was the 13th? lol...mine was the 12th! It was a slightly insane experience since about half the girls on our dance team quit and backed out of class before the recital. Our stage was insanely small and there were about 5 girls performing a 13 member dance, but it was all ok ;)

As for dance this year. I'm SO SO excited! Our senior dance team I'm on doesn't have very many girls this year...yet ;) But even more exciting, after 7 years of dancing and dreaming, I finally made captain of our squad. :smiley:

I had my recital the weekend before finals!!! Ahhh it was a nightmare!! But sooo fun!
Now i'm in summer dance, and I'm taking Hip-hop!!! It's kind of weird because I'm the youngest in my class!! Everyone else is like 18 and here I am a lowely 15 year old, lol. It was a bit intimidating at first but I'm better than most of them so I take it as a compliment that i was placed in that class!
We're currently learning a dance to "Roses" by Outkast. It's great... everytime they say "s**t" we slap the floor :D

Bridget - way to go on captain!!! that's awesome!!!

Hey have any of you guys tried out for a governor's school in your state? I'm getting ready to try out for one (eek!) and I have no idea what to expect. I was just hoping maybe someone could give me some advice as to how tryouts are conducted, what kind of dancers are gonna be there, etc. I would appreciate anything! Thanks!

Hey everyone!

This weekend, my school's Competition Team is going to the L.A. Dance Force (LADF) Competition in Daytona, and we're competing and taking classes. I was curious to know if anyone else will be there?! I'm very excited; I've never actually been to a competition (though I've been dancing my whole life! :P), but I hear they're great fun. Can anyone give me pointers on what to expect? ^_^

gigi

YAY! I finally found a dancer thread!

Anywho, I'm a ballet dancer. I've been dancing since I was 7. Err, I've been to Pittsburgh Ballet Theater, and I'm going to Boston Ballet in a week for their summer programs. Umm, yeah. I've done the Nutcracker, Little Red Riding Hood, The Hobbit (Yes, someone at our school got the great idea to make The Hobbit into a ballet :knight: and :joker2: and :magician: in a ballet makes me :banghead:)
I competed in Youth America Grand Prix...and, yeah. That's about all.

yay on captain Bridg! long time no see. :smiley: you to cass. :D (OT: ready for HP 6 mania? :P )

just had my recital for ballet and pointe last week. Said goodbye to my teacher and graduating friends and everyone else as well. After nearly 12 years of ballet, I've decided to stop taking classes....I'm pretty sure. :P I might end up taking a class next year if my mom talks me into it but I doubt it. It was fun though! Our costumes this year were awesome though...loved them. Red and black spanish tutus with lace and stuff. pretty! :D

Hey brittany, I don't know if you remember, but in december '03 you said you'd seen Reagan Messer perform in the Nutcracker and .... I was just surfing around and saw that and thought this looked cool and that it was weird because he's my teacher...yeah I sound really stupid, don't I?! anyway...he's a really good dancer
Jean

Brittany said:
yay on captain Bridg! long time no see.  :smiley:  you to cass.  :D  (OT: ready for HP 6 mania? :P

just had my recital for ballet and pointe last week.  Said goodbye to my teacher and graduating friends and everyone else as well.  After nearly 12 years of ballet, I've decided to stop taking classes....I'm pretty sure.  :P  I might end up taking a class next year if my mom talks me into it but I doubt it.  It was fun though!  Our costumes this year were awesome though...loved them.  Red and black spanish tutus with lace and stuff.  pretty!  :D
[post="1382089"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i feel so out of place in this sea of dancers who've been taking classes for years...lol. i'm something of a dancer. i took ballet classes when i was 5, but i hadn't really gotten into dancing until i took dance class as a freshman in HS. it was a lot of fun. i did my psring show recital last april, and i've been dancing up a storm ever since! my favorite is salsa dance because it's just so fun and free, but i love jazz and hip hop too. anyway, i'll get off my dance soapbox now. ^_^

Britt! Oh how I've missed you and HP 6 mania!

But really, I just finished my last year of dance (winning at silver medal at nationals! :smiley:). I thought I would be ready to finish...seeing as it's been so long and I was beginning to get burnt out. After a month off, I miss it like crazy...the flexibility, the excitement and the girls. And with college starting in a couple months, I could try out for that team, but I really think I'm done. Kind of upsetting, but I did have an amazing 8 years. :smiley:

:P I know, it's upsetting, but I kinda just feel that at moment and just remind myself that I've done it forever and I've had fun and it's just time for me to let go. As melodramatic as that sounds. :lol: But it's hard! It's difficult to describe the feeling! I can't watch dance movies or performances without my feet twitching. :P

Jean-wow! How weird is that?! :P What are the odds. But yeah, he came to do Nutcracker with my dance school's company...it wasn't all company but mostly. He's an amazing dancer, at least from what I've seen. You lucky gal! :smiley:

awesome, a dance thread!

I've been taking dance classes since I was 3 (I'll be 15 in a few days). I do mostly ballet and jazz, but at various summer programs and stuff I've done hip hop, African, Irish, salsa, modern, folk...the list goes on.

I've been taking jazz class in school every day, and next monday I'm going to start going to a ballet intensive where we also do modern, jazz, and i'm actually not sure what else is new this year, but hey, it'll be fun. :D

Jean-wow!  How weird is that?!  :P  What are the odds.  But yeah, he came to do Nutcracker with my dance school's company...it wasn't all company but mostly.  He's an amazing dancer, at least from what I've seen.  You lucky gal!  :smiley:
[post="1407858"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Britt, yeah i guess I am pretty lucky!! He is also really funny...So do you dance?
Jean :redhair:
PS, I also have redhair just like the smile

hey guys, i'm a funk dancer, i do it once a week and I absolutely LOVE it!

i REALLY want to do hip hop, but i can't find a really good place for it... i also wouldn't mind doing ballroom :D

I danced when I was little. I've been thinking of going back to it... But instead of doing ballet again, which wasn't right for me, I'm going to do hip hop! :D

Back