Dancing With The Stars, Season 14

The cast of Dancing With The Stars, Season 14 has been announced!:D
MSN | Outlook, Office, Skype, Bing, Breaking News, and Latest Videos

'Dancing With the Stars' season 14 cast revealed
By Ree Hines

Forget the rumors, forget the speculation and definitely forget all that Tim Tebow talk. The cast list for the 14th season of "Dancing With the Stars" is now known.

Here are the names of the 12 stars who will soon vie for the competition's coveted mirror-ball trophy and their pro partner matches:

- Gladys Knight, 67 – The eight-time Grammy winner is paired with pro hoofer Tristan MacManus.
- Melissa Gilbert, 47 -- The actress-writer-producer, best known for her role as Laura Ingalls Wilder on "Little House on the Prairie," will dance alongside the bad boy of the ballroom Maksim Chmerkovskiy.
- Jack Wagner, 52 -- The soap star had memorable roles in daytime and primetime with "General Hospital" and "Melrose Place," and he's hoping to have memorable moves with partner Anna Trebunskaya.
- Gavin DeGraw, 35 -- Singer-songwriter DeGraw, who sang the theme song to "One Tree Hill," is paired with last season's pro champ, Karina Smirnoff.
- Donald Driver, 37 -- The Green Bay Packers wide receiver will have a shot at ballroom glory with pro Peta Murgatroyd.
- Roshon Fegan, 20 -- This Disney Channel star will waltz alongside Chelsie Hightower.
- Katherine Jenkins, 31 -- Jenkins, an operatic pop star from Wales, is set to dance with pro Mark Ballas.
- William Levy, 31 -- Actor and former model Levy made his mark in Jennifer Lopez's steamy video, "I'm Into You," and he'll have a chance to make a mark on the "Dancing" stage with partner Cheryl Burke
- Maria Menounos, 33 -- The actress and "Extra" host has three-time "Dancing" champ Derek Hough on her side.
- Martina Navratilova, 55 -- Former tennis pro and sports commentator Navratilova will learn her steps from Tony Dovolani.
- Sherri Shepherd, 44 -- "The View" cohost and actress will dance with the ballroom's other Chmerkovskiy -- Val.
- Jaleel White, 35 -- He's best known for his role as Steve Urkel on the '90s hit "Family Matters," and TV audiences might soon know him for his fancy footwork beside partner Kym Johnson.

See how the stars and their partners perform when season 14 of "Dancing With the Stars" premieres March 19 at 8p.m. ET on ABC.

SIO's Early Favorites
I have a suspicion that actress and "Extra" host has Maria Menounos has hidden physicality and devotion to working out based on her terrific figure. Being teamed with three-time "Dancing" champ Derek Hough, should make them the ones to beat.
Disney Channel stars are known for being well trained in Song & Dance, so I expect great things from Roshon Fegan and partner Chelsie Hightower.

SIO's Lambs To The Slaughter
Gladys Knight being 67 will likely find it hard to find the stamina to keep up with pro Tristan MacManus.
Martina Navratilova may have a problem with arthritis and joint pains from a lifetime of playing competitive tennis. I suspect that she'll have a problem with musicality and grace. But if she is in good condition, she should be able to take instruction from Tony Dovolani.

Dancing With The Stars, Season 14, Week 1 - Dance Night, March 19, 2012

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/dancing-wi...ason-44577.aspx
'Dancing with the Stars' Season 14 Premiere Recap: Dancing and Sequins Return!
Monday, March 19, 2012

Laurel Brown
Staff Writer, BuddyTV

Let the dancing begin!

Dancing with the Stars season 14 premieres tonight, and we'll have it all -- the dancing, the sequins, the Bruno Tonioli non-sequitors -- right here at BuddyTV. Which stars will shine? Who will stumble right away? Keep reading this Dancing with the Stars recap to find out!

Granted, since this is the Dancing with the Stars premiere, we're certain to get a whole lot of non-dancing pageantry too. But without pageantry, how could we get to know the stars and semi-stars making up the DWTS season 14 cast?

And even if we could meet them another way, why would we ever want to give up all those sequins?

Recaps aren't all we have about Dancing with the Stars season 14. Check out rehearsal photos, videos and even Twitter feeds while you wait for the dancing scores!

Here we go!

We don't even have to wait for sequins for some glitter -- because the dance floor is doing its very own glittering before the stars come in! And it's time to come in...

The Walk-In Order (in case it matters even remotely)

Maria and Derek
Jack and Anna
Donald and Peta
Gavin and Karina
Roshon and Chelsie
Sherri and Val
Melissa and Maks
William and Cheryl
Martina and Tony
Katherine and Mark
Gladys and Tristan
Jaleel and Kym

The band, singers and disembodied English announcer are all very excited. Tom Bergeron is a little bit excited. Brooke Burke Charvet... As excited as she can be.

First a piece of information: There will not be any eliminations (or Results Show, for that matter) in DWTS week 1. Instead, they'll all be around until next week.

Anyway...

And hey! Apparently that walk-in order matters: Maria Menounos and Derek Hough are up first!

Maria Menounos and Derek Hough
Dancing the cha-cha

My comments: "I'm a dude, but I have boobs." Meet Maria Menounos, everybody! And yes, that is an impressive laugh.

That's an interesting and dramatic beginning. Maria seems to be starting off in an acceptable manner. But she's definitely a little too wooden for a cha-cha. There's also a good chance of mistakes in those little tiny steps. On the other hand, I'm not sure that it's possible to look bad while dancing with Derek Hough. Definitely a decent -- although not mind-blowing -- first dance for Dancing with the Stars season 14.

Judges' Comments
Len: "Nothing can prepare you for the first dance." "Overall, I thought you coped very, very well." "Little bit more hip action, little bit meaner hip..."
Bruno: "Maria, Maria... You're so curvaceously delicious! I had no idea!" "You've got to open up the sex pot!" "Think about Sofia Vergara."
Carrie Ann: "I thought it was a strong, solid cha-cha." "It kind of felt a little bit like picture-to-picture-to-picture."

Scores: 7+7+7 = 21

Not a bad beginning to the season.

Next up:

Jack Wagner and Anna Trebunskaya
Dancing the foxtrot

My comments: Jack Wagner was a pop star? Really? I totally missed that. Considering the photo they showed, I was probably far too young to care.

They're beginning on the ground. That's one way to go. Probably not the best choice when the lying-down kicks don't match. Things start going better when they're standing up. Jack actually pulls off elegant without looking silly. That's excellent for a first dance by itself. It's entirely possible that this isn't a technically perfect foxtrot. But it's a surprisingly pleasant performance without any major mistakes.

Judges' Comments
Len: "Your technique is poor." "But... the feel of the whole thing was uplifting and I enjoyed your performance."
Bruno: "Love is in the air!" "Beautifully acted, beautifully danced!" "Week 1. What you going to do week 2?"
Carrie Ann: "You just took me to a happy place!" "You can act, you can sing, and boy -- you can dance!"

Scores: 8+7+8 = 23

I thought that was better than the first dance. But since when do I agree with Len?

Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd
Dancing the cha-cha

My comments: OK, first of all a warning: I will most likely accidentally refer to Donald Driver as "Donald Draper" repeatedly throughout this season. That's what happen when Dancing with the Stars and Mad Men start in the same week.

Anyway. Donald begins with a fake singing solo at the mike. Once the dancing begins it's super-energetic. Donald is very into this. He's also pretty darn fast and precise for the first week. Should football players be able to dance like this? Wow. That was awfully good.

Judges' Comments
Len: "I thought your attitude was good, you had attack for the dance..." "Because you were excited, you started to lose time a little bit." "Next week... Don't let me down!"
Bruno: "We got the impact, I tell you!" "You were like a rooster chasing a hen!" "You really, I think, have the talent."
Carrie Ann: "You are just nothing but charisma and charm for days!" "I don't know if there was a lot of cha-cha going on..."

As always, style means nothing to those judges.

Hope you like hats. Because next we have...

Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff
Dancing the foxtrot

My comments: I have to say, Gavin is refreshingly sarcastic. People are far too earnest on this show most of the time. So he'll probably get voted off soon. Oh well.

Another dramatic opening starts this one. Gavin isn't terribly elegant in his dance, but he does seem to be having some fun out there. The guy is definitely a little too stuff for the dance. He does best with the "flair" stuff in between moves, oddly enough. I'm not entirely sure he did much in the way of proper foxtrot steps. But I wouldn't know if he did or not.

Judges' Comments
Len: "You coped well with a difficult dance." "You were a little bit stiff in your arms and in your legs." "This, for me, wasn't the greatest."
Bruno: "You have to learn to link the moves -- link the moves!" (Before telling off Florence Henderson... And then being interrupted by a dirty joke from Gavin.)
Carrie Ann: "You have great musical interpretation." "What I think is lacking... I just think when you extend your arm it's a little hyper-extended."

Scores: 7+6+7 = 20

I officially love Gavin DeGraw. He may not be the best dancer (almost definitely not), but he's fun. We need fun. Even if Brooke doesn't know what to do with him. Especially because Brooke doesn't know what to do with him.

Roshon Fegan and Chelsie Hightower
Dancing the cha-cha

My comments: Of course Roshon had his debut in Spider-Man 2. Everyone in the entire acting universe was in that universe. Seriously. Check it out -- "The Legacy of Spider-Man 2"

This is very disco. Plus a moon-walk. Is that a standard cha-cha move? You've got to give the experienced dancer credit for having precise footwork, unlike everyone else. I do wonder how much of a cha-cha this is. Whatever the case, it's an incredible-looking dance. Kind of along the lines of "Which is the pro again?"

Judges' Comments
Len: "There's no question you can dance." "Technically, the performance was very low."
Bruno: "You Roshon! Can go on and on and on!" "Laser-sharp!" "It was unbelievable!"
Carrie Ann: "That's the coolest spin I have seen in a cha-cha in all 14 seasons."

Sherri Shepherd and Val Chmerkovskiy
Dancing the foxtrot

My comments: Sherri said she wasn't into elegant before she began. But this looks kind of elegant to me. Even when danced to Frankie Valli, which must be hard. That said, I'd much rather see her dance to something that would work better with humor. Because Sherri is super funny and energetic.

Also you've got to love a lady who runs over to hug a kid right after a dance.

Judges' Comments
Len: "What you brought was the joy of dance into this ballroom." "Fun fun fun."
Bruno: "I could do with a bit of Sherri every day of the week." "You're light on your feet, your timing was good, and you light up the room!"
Carrie Ann: "You are the happiest contestant we have had ever!" "Nice job."

This score seems to be a theme for the night.

Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Dancing the cha-cha

My comments: Uh-oh. Broken back. Get ready for the story of hardship at some point soon.

She has a bad hairstyle for dancing. It was totally in Melissa's face with the very first move. Thanks to a random camera close-up, we actually get to see a bit of footwork. It looked good. Melissa seemed to be behind Maks a little bit, once or twice. But she caught up. I'm not sure I like the performance, but it's the choreographer's fault, not the dancers'.

Judges' Comments
Len: "I would have liked to see a little more shaping..." "I thought you coped very well with a difficult dance."
Bruno: "Is the attack of the woman in black! I tell you, you can certainly grind it." "There is work to do, but I thought it was a very inspiring first performance."
Carrie Ann: "That was a really difficult routine." "I think maybe nerves were going on a little tonight."

Woe unto whoever doesn't dance well -- they'll have trouble competing with all these 7s and 8s.

William Levy and Cheryl Burke
Dancing the cha-cha

My comments: So the audience really likes William. Because he's hot, or because they actually watch telenovelas? Who knows? Whatever. I just hope we get subtitles all season. It amuses me.

William is very easy on the eyes. And he looks comfortable being sexy out on the dance floor. The dance seems to be very good for the most part. There may be a couple of missed steps, but everything else looks good.

I swear it's not just because William's hot. Although he is.

Judges' Comments
Len: "You performed it right on the edge, but you kept control."
Bruno: "Ladies and gentlemen! Dancing with the Stars presents the hottest package of the season!" "You're overdressed. Less clothing!"
Carrie Ann: "First of all, I would like to thank ABC for my job." "You can dance... Your partnering skills... I really liked the way you moved."

Scores: 8+8+8 = 24

It helps to be hot, doesn't it?

Martina Navratilova and Tony Dovolani
Dancing the foxtrot

My comments: Martina looks pretty good in a dress. Even if it does have a distractingly sparkly bottom. She's also quite elegant looking out there. It's surprising, considering the tough tennis-player persona. I actually wouldn't know it's the same person. Her dancing looks good, in a subdued way that works well after a couple of lively cha-chas.

Judges' Comments
Len: "It was close, but it wasn't quite there for me." "It was a little bit too careful."
Bruno: "You've never looked better. You really are stunning tonight!" "I thought you were very elegant..."
Carrie Ann: "You were so beautiful! You were so elegant and so refined out there!" "I want you to work on your turns..."

This is totally going to come down to a popularity contest.

Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas
Dancing the foxtrot

My comments: This is a far more conservative dance than most of what we've seen tonight. It looks to be danced well, but it's hard to get too excited after so much flair throughout the evening. That said, it's lovely and suprisingly well-performed. Katherine looked nice and elegant throughout, and nothing at all looked wrong.

Judges' Comments
Len: "I thought you had wonderful musicality." "I liked the detail that went on throughout the dance." "I tell you what, that was cracking!"
Bruno: "That was exquisite! The style was impeccable." "You're setting the bar so high that really you have a lot to live up to."
Carrie Ann: "I think we all thought we were watching like two pros together." "Best first dance... ever!"

Scores: 9+8+9 = 26

9s in week 1? Seriously? Wow. Not that it wasn't an excellent dance. But still, wow.

Gladys Knight and Tristan MacManus
Dancing the cha-cha

My comments: Yes Tristan. Yes, you are the hot one. Meanwhile, Gladys might just be the funny one.

More disco cha-cha! Gladys isn't shaking quite enough for a cha-cha, but she does seem to be dancing and has most of the steps. A few mistakes seem to be there, but they hardly throw her. If there's a major criticism here, it's that the dance didn't look very Latin. A good dance, but the style was a bit off. But only a bit.

Judges' Comments
Len: "There's a naturalness about your dance." "It oozed rhythm."
Bruno: "The legend has got the moves!" "You are a star! A real one!"
Carrie Ann: "That one made me want to get up and dance!" (she did)

Such a popular score tonight...

Off to the final dance of the night now, from...

Jaleel White and Kym Johnson
Dancing the foxtrot

My comments: They're totally going to have an Urkel dance at some point.

I can't hate any dance that begins with leaping and skipping. So it's good that I don't have to hate this. Strangely, we have another male dancer who doesn't look silly doing the foxtrot. What's up with that? He's just a little off perfect, but every tiny defect is made up for in spades by an incredible performance. And there really wasn't much in the way of flaws there.

What's going on tonight?!?

Judges' Comments
Len: "I loved the routine." "It had elegance, it had sophistication." "Without doubt, this is the best first show of any season!"
Bruno: "I thought I was watching the great Gregory Hines. And as compliments, it can't get any better."
Carrie Ann: "Jaleel, you are the icing on the cake!" "Smooth, smooth, smooth!"

OK, so apparently everybody in Dancing with the Stars season 14 can dance. When my least favorite performance came from my favorite person on the show, you know the competition is going to be fierce.

And they're all back again next week! See you then!

Who was your favorite dancer? Who was your least favorite? Who looks to be the first elimination? Who will go all the way? Leave your comments below!

Dancing With The Stars, Season 14, Week 2 - Dance Night, March 26, 2012

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/dancing-wi...ap-w-44698.aspx
'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Week 2 Dances
Monday, March 26, 2012

Laurel Brown
Senior Writer, BuddyTV

Could anything possibly be better than the dancing we saw in the Dancing with the Stars season 14 premiere last week? Let's hope so, because all 12 DWTS celebrities are back to take to the dance floor again. Who will keep up the good work? Who will stumble first? Keep reading to find out!

For week 2, the dancing styles shift quite a bit -- and speed up a whole lot. The DWTS performers will dance either the jive or the quickstep and will have their scores/votes from last week added to this week's winnings. And then tomorrow, someone will be the first Dancing with the Stars season 14 elimination.

Here's the rundown:

1. Katherine and Mark -- 26 points -- Jive
1. Jaleel and Kym -- 26 points -- Jive
3. William and Cheryl -- 24 points -- Quickstep
4. Gladys and Tristan -- 23 points -- Quickstep
4. Jack and Anna -- 23 points -- Jive
4. Sherri and Val -- 23 points -- Jive
4. Roshon and Chelsie -- 23 points -- Quickstep
8. Maria and Derek -- 21 points -- Quickstep
8. Donald and Peta -- 21 points -- Quickstep
10. Martina and Tony -- 20 points -- Jive
10. Melissa and Maks -- 20 points -- Quickstep
10. Gavin and Karina -- 20 points -- Jive

That's a lot of ties. So tonight is extra important!

Forget anything from last week? Remind yourself with our Dancing with the Stars season 14 premiere recap!

And now... Let's get to the dancing!

What did Carrie Ann Inaba think of the DWTS premiere? Find out in BuddyTV's exclusive interview.

If you believe the clip package that the beginning of this episode, I think we can look forward to a whole bunch of violence tonight. Woo!

Probably it will just be dancing though. Dancing is cool too.

First up, we get the Disney kid (I love that they just call him that)...

Dancing the quickstep

My Comments: Chelsie is cute. I need more personality from Roshon. But you can't argue with his dancing skills. He knows how to dance. Even when it's not a dance he knows how to do, Roshon looks good. He's also very fast. This is a good thing for the quickstep. Not only was this a good dance technically (as far as a non-expert like me can tell), it was a lot of fun to watch.

Judges' Comments
Len: "I liked it! Good movement, loved the Charleston." "It was young, it was fresh, and I thoroughly enjoyed it."
Bruno: "Pert, alert, precise, traditional, but yet you have that cheeky swagger, that green that I find absolutely delicious!"
Carrie Ann: "You turned that swagger into sophistication and elegance."

That's a good start to the night.

Dancing the jive

My Comments: I really hope the jive doesn't kill Sherri. I like her.

I think the spotlights have taken over. Can't actually see an awful lot of the beginning. You've got to hand it to Sherri -- she really knows how to have fun out there. And she's going for it. There seem to be some actual steps that look a little off, but the overall moves and musicality are a lot of fun and look good.

Judges' Comments
Len: "You felt good, the audience felt good, I felt good." "I love watching you."
Bruno: "You know how to work on that magnificent equipment! Shake, rattle and roll!!!"
Carrie Ann: "Sherri Shepherd, I am in love with you." "This is when confidence can take you past mistakes."

I think Len took his happy pills this morning.

Unrelated note: What exactly is Brooke Burke-Charvet wearing? I think there's a piece missing...

Dancing the quickstep

My Comments: Melissa Gilbert dated Billy Idol? That's random. Also, I'd be interested to see Maks cry.

It might be the skirt, but Melissa looked a little messy at the beginning. The slower steps definitely look good, but the faster stuff seems a bit off. There could have been a stumble while dancing up the stairs. The flow just isn't there in this dance the way it was in the previous performances. Not bad -- just not as good as the others.

Also, "Dancing with Myself" is an odd choice for ballroom dancing.

Judges' Comments
Len: "It all started off really well for me... As the dance went on, you lost a bit of energy." "A tad hectic for me and a little bit loose."
Bruno: "When you tighten up, I can see the thought process." "I thought you coped very, very well with a difficult dance."
Carrie Ann: "You recovered well. And I actually liked your performance better after you slipped."

Wow. I'm totally pre-calling the scores in my head at this point. Oh, judges... You're getting predictable!

Dancing the jive

My Comments: These are strange colors on the dancers. I don't know if I'm believing Jack's jive the way I believed his foxtrot last week. That's not to say that there's anything wrong with it -- certainly not in the dancing anyway. Maybe it's just his attitude not matching the dance and style. At the same time, it's quite fast and energetic. Not bad at all!

Judges' Comments
Len: "I liked the content, I liked the attitude, I liked your energy." "I think they're of an acceptable standard to get you through to next week."
Bruno: "This song was so fast, and quite a few times you lost it -- it wasn't quite on the beat."
Carrie Ann: "The problem with this dance was, I think you just over-danced it." "You are really fun to watch, Jack!"

Dancing the quickstep

My Comments: I love Gladys' dress. Love it! So pretty... Anyway, dancing. Or maybe just some closeups on trumpet players. The beginning looks awfully flow-y for a quickstep. Or maybe that's just the lighting making it impossible to see feet. This quickstep is definitely slower than some of the others. Pretty and charming, yes. But not too fast. Also, the music totally doesn't work. That may be where some of the possible stumbling came in...

Judges' Comments
Len: "As much as I admire you, I didn't really 100 percent appreciate the dance tonight."
Bruno: "I love your natural feel for the music, and your connection with Tristan." "You have to be careful about your frame, Gladys."
Carrie Ann: "You were extremely light on your feet..." "I felt it was a little too casual for the quickstep... You were just all gazing into Tristan's eyes..."

Scores: 7+5+7 = 19

I guess Len's happy pills wore off.

Dancing the jive

My Comments: I kind of like that Katherine is as bashful as I would be on this show. It probably won't endear her to the audience, but it works OK for me. And hey! They're shooting craps! That's a random beginning. And however distracting the slot-machine dance floor is, I'm liking this dance. It's fast, it looks good, and it honestly bears no resemblance to the shy girl we see when Katherine talks. This woman is not a dancer? How is that possible exactly?

Are judges' faces a jackpot? Or is that a bust?

Judges' Comments
Len: "You can also do this full-on dancing." "The middle section wasn't really my cup of tea -- a little wild and wacky."
Bruno: "The blonde bombshell is unleashed!" "I know sexy when I see it. And you've got it." "That's how you do flicks. That's how you do it!"
Carrie Ann: "Goodness! I'm all hot and bothered by that one." "Damn good choreography!"

Dancing the jive

My Comments: Soda fountain in this one. Impressive props this week. This is a far more innocent-seeming jive than the last one. Totally G-rated. In a '50s sort of way, it's quite good. Very peppy and fun, throughout, even if the energy seems a little lower than in some of the other dances.

Judges' Comments
Len: "It lacked real attack and speed, really." "There wasn't a crispness about it. It wasn't sharp." "It wasn't terrible. I'm not saying it's terrible."
Bruno: "I loved the concept very much." "Your performances are always very well-thought." "I really, really enjoyed it."
Carrie Ann: "Fantastic performance. It was solid. It just didn't have that sparkle."

Scores: 7+7+8 = 22

Dancing the quickstep

My Comments: "Bonnie and Clyde" quickstep? Is someone going to get gunned down? That would be different. And The Hunger Games is rather big right now... Alas, the budget must have run out, because the car is just on a screen and not real. At least they have raccoon masks.

Although I'm not sure the masks were a good idea, since it makes it harder to get personality from Maria. This is definitely better than last week though -- the energy is good and Maria looks like she knows what she's doing. Plus, they dropped money on the judges at the end. That's always a good choice.

Judges' Comments
Len: "I would have liked more body contact, but after last week, this is an improvement."
Bruno: "That frame! Where does it come from? That's a frame you can frame!" "It was near perfection -- except you lost a step."
Carrie Ann: "That is what we're looking for when we talk about frame and hold." "In the middle there, you just kind of got out of sync." "Huge improvement!"

Scores: 8+8+9 = 25

Martina Navratilova and Tony Dovolani
Dancing the jive

My Comments: Cute! They match in rehearsals!

Sexing up Len is always a good way to start. Unfortunately it was followed by Martina messing up some steps. She did get back on, but this dance is proceeding at a much slower pace than most of the jives tonight. Martina seems more than a little awkward in this dance. But sexing up all of the judges at the end was good!

Judges' Comments
Len: "You made an old man happy at the start." "It was too neat and too precise."
Bruno: "Oh my darling, I think that serve went into the net." "When you let your hair down, and when you relaxed and enjoyed, it was good."
Carrie Ann: "I loved the approach to this routine." "It was a little slow on the jive."

Scores: 6+5+6 = 17

So did they give the wrong number for Maria and Derek before? That kind of sucks for them. Not so great for Martina and Tony, getting someone else's number posted on top of them.

And considering the bad scores, they're going to need all of the votes they can get.

Dancing the quickstep

My Comments: That beginning was somehow sexy in its sweetness. And I know they're technically not skipping in this dance, but the entire attitude makes me think of happy skipping. It's possibly the happiest, sunniest dance we've seen all night and it's great.

Judges' Comments
Len: "That performance was up there with the best I've seen tonight." "I apologize -- I under-marked you." (on last week's scores)
Bruno: "You've taken our comments on board, and like a true sportsman, you've came back and proven us wrong."
Carrie Ann: "You were working Peta across the dance floor... Nice."

Dancing the jive

My Comments: Motorcycle? Loving the props tonight... In terms of attitude this is a much better dance for Gavin than last week's foxtrot. He may even be dancing better than before. We're not talking the best dancer of the night, but he's far from the worst in this. Gavin actually seems to be having fun in this dance, playing the motorcycle-guy part with gusto.

Judges' Comments
Len: "I liked the feel of the dance, I liked your attitude... For me, this is an improvement on last week."
Bruno: "Leather does wonders for you... And for me." "You messed up a lot of your kicks and flicks."
Carrie Ann: "You're definitely on the edge and pushing your boundaries." "You really went for it!"

Dancing the quickstep

My Comments: OK... Odd, old-timey beginning. But at least it ended quickly. The quickstep isn't odd at all. It looks like a lot of fun. Very bouncy and fast. William does love that dance floor and performing. I don't think the audience minds either. Even if he is fully-clothed this week.

Judges' Comments
Len: "Your frame started great..." "It was good. Not great." (drowned out by boos)
Bruno: "Even fully-clothed, you have the ability to dazzle." "You remind me of The Artist."
Carrie Ann: "William, you know how to turn up the heat in this ballroom." "You're like the Harry Connick, Jr. of the ballroom!"

Scores: 9+7+9 = 25

And that's it for the second week of Dancing with the Stars season 14! Did you think the dancing improved? Was the premiere better? Who was the best? The worst? Share your comments below!

My favourite couple are Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas.
In Big Trouble and going home tonight are Martina Navratilova and Tony Dovolani.

Dancing With The Stars, Season 14, Week 2 - Results Night, March 27, 2012

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/dancing-wi...ek-2-44716.aspx
'Dancing with the Stars' Week 2 Results: Who Goes Home First?
Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Laurel Brown
Senior Writer, BuddyTV

The honeymoon ends tonight for Dancing with the Stars season 14.

One couple will have to go home. No amount of incredible dancing for the season can stop that. So why wait? Keep reading to find out all of the Dancing with the Stars week 2 results now!

Of course, we do have to wait until there are results to post. That's how these things work.

In the meantime, let's conjecture. According to the first BuddyTV Readers' Poll of Dancing with the Stars season 14, most of those coming to the website think that Martina Navratilova is the one going home in the first elimination. With 84 percent of the votes cast, no one else is even close. In fact the only other star receiving any votes was Gavin DeGraw -- with only 16 percent of readers thinking he'd be the one to go.

Will that be right? Let's find out!

What did Carrie Ann Inaba have to say about the Dancing with the Stars season 14 competitors? Find out in our exclusive interview.

Going into the first elimination, the scores remain quite close. Katherine and Mark have the overall lead -- with 52 points over the first two weeks of DWTS competition -- while Martina and Tony are at the bottom.

Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas -- 52 points
William Levy and Cheryl Burke -- 49 points
Roshon Fegan and Chelsie Hightower -- 49 points
Jaleel White and Kym Johnson -- 48 points
Maria Menounos and Derek Hough -- 46 points
Sherri Shepherd and Val Chmerkovskiy -- 46 points
Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd -- 45 points
Jack Wagner and Anna Trebunskaya -- 44 points
Gladys Knight and Tristan MacManus -- 42 points
Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff -- 41 points
Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy -- 40 points
Martina Navratilova and Tony Dovolani -- 37 points

In addition to results, we will of course get entertainment. The week 2 guests are Sugarland and Matt Nathanson. Totally unrelated and unimportant -- I met Matt Nathanson once. He was cool.

Also, we'll be getting some professional dancing. This involves male pros in black while female pros wear shiny bikini dresses. They're awfully good.

First up to get their RESULTS: The lowest scoring women -- Melissa Gilbert, Gladys Knight and Martina Navratilova.

And...

Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy are SAFE!!!

Gladys Knight and Tristan MacManus are SAFE!!!

Alas, Martina Navratilova and Tony Dovolani remain in jeopardy.

But before we can have anymore results, it's time for music and stuff. Matt Nathanson is performing with Sugarland. That does save time in a crowded Results Show.

Next up for RESULTS, we have the top-scoring men. That would be Roshon, William and Jaleel.

Jaleel White and Kym Johnson are SAFE!!!

Roshon Fegan and Chelsie Hightower remain in jeopardy.

William Levy and Cheryl Burke are SAFE!!!

Which is good, because remaining in jeopardy might put dear Tom Bergeron in danger of death.

It's now time for a whole bunch of filler. Apparently Katie Couric likes to grab Tom Bergeron's ass. Who wouldn't really.

Next up for RESULTS, the three highest-scoring female dancers: Katherine, Maria and Sherri.

And...

They're all safe!

This means:

Sherri Shepherd and Val Chmerkovskiy are SAFE!!!

Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas are SAFE!!!

And

Maria Menounos and Derek Hough are SAFE!!!

That's a lot of safety.

That leaves only one more round of results before the final decision for the night. At least one more of the men is going to be in jeopardy for a moment or two. In the meantime, Sugarland gets to perform again.

We know why Sugarland is on the show now. Turns out that one of them is going to be on that Duets show. Gotta love the cross-promotion...

Next up for RESULTS are the bottom-three guys: Jack, Gavin and Donald.

Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd are SAFE!!!

Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff remain in jeopardy.

Which means

Jack Wagner and Anna Trebunskaya are SAFE!!!

Gavin and Karina, Roshon and Chelsie, Martina and Tony remain in jeopardy.

The safe couple is...

Roshon Fegan and Chelsie Hightower are SAFE!!!

Apparently Martina/Tony and Gavin/Karina are the actual bottom-two couples this week. Should be interesting...

Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff are SAFE!!!

Which means that we have our first eliminated Dancing with the Stars season 14 contestant:

Martina Navratilova and Tony Dovolani have been eliminated from Dancing with the Stars!

Not a shock, but it's still kind of sad to see her go so soon. Oh well!

Did you think the right contestant was eliminated? Were you surprised? Leave your comments below!

I agree that Martina was the worst and should have been sent home.

Dancing With The Stars, Season 14, Week 3 - Dance Night, April 2, 2012

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/dancing-wi...ap-w-44804.aspx
'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Week 3 Dances and Feelings
Monday, April 02, 2012

Laurel Brown
Senior Writer, BuddyTV

Get your handkerchiefs ready, because it's "Personal Story Week" on Dancing with the Stars season 14!

For Dancing with the Stars week 3, each of the 11 remaining celebrities will perform a number inspired by some event in their own pasts. Most of these will probably be sad stories, if history is any judge. Hopefully, these stories -- happy or sad -- can inspire some great dancing as well. Let's find out!

Going in to Dancing with the Stars week 3, we finally have a slight indication of who the DWTS season 14 frontrunners might be. Martina Navratilova's elimination last week left 11 dancers still in contention. Here are their rankings before the DWTS week 3 dances:

1. Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas -- 52 points
2. (tie) William Levy and Cheryl Burke -- 49 points
2. (tie) Roshon Fegan and Chelsie Hightower -- 49 points
4. Jaleel White and Kym Johnson -- 48 points
5. (tie) Maria Menounos and Derek Hough -- 46 points
5. (tie) Sherri Shepherd and Val Chmerkovskiy -- 46 points
7. Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd -- 45 points
8. Jack Wagner and Anna Trebunskaya -- 44 points
9. Gladys Knight and Tristan MacManus -- 42 points
10. Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff -- 41 points
11. Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy -- 40 points

It's still close -- and anybody could take the lead this week!

Uh oh. Tom Bergeron said we'd need Kleenex. It's going to be tough... Also, for more specifics -- this week is about personal stories from the stars' favorite year.

First up, we have...

Dancing the samba

My Comments: Jack had a long-lost daughter? Seriously? That actually happens outside of soap operas? I mean, I know he was in a lot of them, but...

The hip-thrust move at the beginning is a poor choice. But the steps and moves right afterward make up for it somewhat. Jack is obviously having a good time out there and going for it. It honestly looks like a pretty good dance going on there. A few of the arm movements seem a bit awkward, but the rest is good. And it ends on the judges' table with a guitar? OK then...

Judges' Comments
Len: "I liked the rhythm that you showed, especially in the hips." "For me, your best dance."
Bruno: "Jack, you got the party started!" "Tonight, you were on it. Your timing is much, much better."
Carrie Ann: "You totally uplifted the room." "There's something effervescent in the way you perform."

Nice beginning. And coming up... Could it be? GAVIN DEGRAW WITHOUT A HAT!!!!!

Nothing but excitement here on Dancing with the Stars.

Dancing the rumba

My Comments: So Maria's most memorable year was made up of watching Madonna videos at the age of 10? That seems like a stretch. A fun concept, but a bit of a stretch.

This is a strange version of "Material Girl." I guess it fits better with the rumba than the standard, upbeat song, but it's still strange. Anyway, the dancing. It's actually kind of gorgeous. Very sensual and flowing. Maria and Derek definitely know how to sell the sexy-falling-in-love aspects of the rumba. Also, there were some tricky-looking moves thrown into the middle. I think they even sneaked in a kiss in the middle! Very nice dance -- possibly her best so far!

Judges' Comments
Len: "It was a mix of the ballroom with a little touch of the bedroom in there." "Your technique was really good... Overall, fabulous dance."
Bruno: "I felt it. (Derek: "I felt it too...") I bet you did, you naughty boy. Is it Maria or is it Aphrodite?"
Carrie Ann: "That was truly the vertical -- and horizontal -- expression of... the true horizontal desire." "Nothing ever stopped the whole way."

Scores: 9+9+9 = 27

And we have a new season-high! Also, Maria did wrestling last night? That doesn't seem safe.

Dancing the foxtrot

My Comments: You've got to be impressed by a competitor whose favorite year was 1957. Not sure if any of the others were even born then...

I like the door. You know you have the audience, when there are cheers before any dancing happens. Gladys isn't quite as flowing and smooth as some of the others, but she does seem to be dancing fairly well. She gets more comfortable as the dance progresses, looking excellent by the time she has some spins. And the door is cool.

Judges' Comments
Len: "You and I are the same age." "I liked the flow of this..." "I'm being really nice to you, can I please be a Pip?"
Bruno: "Your frame was better. You were absolutely gorgeous."
Carrie Ann: "I saw the improvement this week." "You dance like you thing -- it's sensuous and soulful..."

So Gladys Knight is safe then.

Dancing the samba

My Comments: It's odd to pick 1996 and dance to a Jackson 5 song. Even if he did see Michael Jackson in concert that year. But I suppose such a young guy doesn't have a lot of favorite years to choose from yet.

Big mirror ball. But it's not real. That comes later. Also lots of sparkle. And an Afro. This is very disco in style. It's also fast, like the other dances we've gotten from Roshon. Whether it's a good samba or not, I wouldn't know. It doesn't look particularly like a samba, but it's hard to tell, not knowing the specific steps. Whatever dance it is, it's fun.

Judges' Comments
Len: "I like the exuberance, I like the flair..." "I would have liked to have seen a little more traditional samba in there." "You come out and you give it 100 percent."
Bruno: "Oh yes you go! I tell you, Michael Jackson would love it, and so would I."
Carrie Ann: "Sometimes the Michael Jackson transitions through you out of timing."

Scores: 8+8+9 = 25

Woe unto the first dancer who gets below an 8 tonight!

Dancing the rumba

My Comments: Another concert memory? No wonder all these people can dance -- music is the main inspiration for everything. Also, a brief moment of NO HAT in rehearsal! He has hair.

He's not really playing that piano. Obviously. Since it keeps playing after he moves. This is a very wiggly rumba. Gavin looks pretty smooth in this one, although I'm not sure how much of the dance is Karina and how much is Gavin. What we do see from him definitely looks pretty good though. Not the "we're about to have sex" of Maria's rumba. More a "you're nice, maybe we should go out on a date" dance.

Judges' Comments
Len: "I saw good hips, I saw more musicality through your arms... I see progression week after week."
Bruno: "Gavin you've got hips! And you can move them!" "You gotta watch the turns now." "You're getting better all the time."
Carrie Ann: "My heart is going just like this t-t-tt-t-t-t-t-t-t-." "I know you're struggling to dance, but it didn't look like it."

Have the judges forgotten about numbers below 8?

Dancing the waltz

My Comments: Hey, another 1996! This one isn't so much fun. Not fun at all. Death is never fun.

They've got the fog! And a lovely beginning. Katherine has pretty moves in pretty much everything. This is a lot faster than a lot of waltzes, but I mean that in a good way. The spins are faster than usual. There may have been something imperfect about that dance, but I didn't exactly see it.

Judges' Comments
Len: "For me, there wasn't quite enough dancing in ballroom hold." "The bottom line: You are a wonderful dancer."
Bruno: "Sensational! And that's it."
Carrie Ann: "Your dad is definitely smiling down upon you. That was magic. It's like you had two partners."

Scores: 10+9+10 = 29

Ummm... Wow? Seriously judges? 10s already? This season is insane.

Dancing the rumba

My Comments: Yay for a story that has had a happy ending! Sick babies who get better make nice stories.

OK, the heartbeat light would be annoying if it kept going. Rumbas that aren't strictly supposed to be sexy are always a little problematic. There isn't much of anything wrong with Sherri's dance, but the emotions aren't connecting or something. It makes the dance -- which is perfectly good -- feel almost plain. Two-dimensional. Not a bad dance, but definitely lacking in something.

Judges' Comments
Len: "I appreciated the emotion you put into that dance." "I loved those triple spins." "Well done!"
Bruno: "Mama can move! Mama can move!" "You did a great job!"
Carrie Ann: "The reason why I fall in love with you is your just so true with your dance." "Your lines tonight were the best I've seen."

Hi, random Happy Endings people!

Dancing the jive

My Comments: A broken back would hurt. A lot.

I wouldn't consider this a jive song... OK. But it does seem to be fast and passionate at the beginning. The individual steps don't look quite so smooth. It's entirely possible she messed up a few. But the dance was passionate and fun in between the fumbly bits.

Judges' Comments
Len: "You have come into the competition. Well done!"
Bruno: "Melissa is on a mission to put the raunch into the jive!" "The beginning and the end..."
Carrie Ann: "I loved it! I thought you were so dynamic."

Dancing the rumba

My Comments: Of course Jaleel White would be most fond of the year he got to play Urkel's suave alter ego...

The sexiness is back in this one. Jaleel definitely looks right in a white suit. Very smooth. The dancing seems to be right on, and Jaleel actually makes it possible to watch the star instead of the pro. Alternating between interest and aloof disdain, the expressions even work.

Judges' Comments
Len: "I thought that was a very competent performance." "The melody has to come out through your upper body... It was a little stiff in the arms."
Bruno: "You played cool and you played well and you played smooth."
Carrie Ann: "Bye-bye Urkel, hello Stefan!" "You just glided through that rumba like it was nobody's business."

Scores: 9+8+8 = 25

Did Jaleel's pre-scoring comments make any sense to anyone else? That was weird.

Dancing the salsa

My Comments: William Levy is not a big fan of Cuba these days. He does, however, like apples.

Oh lord. They started William in the audience. That's just asking for a riot. And then the shirt opens. Seriously show? Oddly, I don't think this is William's best dance. He doesn't seem quite connected enough to Cheryl. It's definitely not a bad dance. It's actually very good. And there's probably enough sexy to please even the craziest screamer. It's just not William's best so far.

Judges' Comments
Len: "Will, you put a whole new meaning into Free Willy." "You conquered the salsa."
Bruno: "William, can you come closer please? I hate you! That was amazing!"
Carrie Ann: "My God, what do you say to that?" "You are ridiculous. That was ridiculously hot."

Scores: 9+9+10 = 28

They like the sexy.

Dancing the rumba

My Comments: It's another sad story. That's too bad really.

Donald is strong. It looked like picking up Peta was nothing to him. Donald doesn't have a lot to do at the beginning of the dance. He does it well. But it's not a lot of movement. When he does get to move, the dance looks a little stiff. Not too badly stiff or anything, just not quite smooth enough for the rumba. There weren't enough moves for Donald in that to really appreciate it either. Good but not the best.

Judges' Comments
Len: "I didn't expect a great big, hunky-dunky football guy to come out and dance like that." "This whole evening -- awesome."
Bruno: "All these passes and drops -- professional standards."
Carrie Ann: "The passion that you just expressed was mesmerizing." "I'm not calling lifts tonight, by the way!"

Not one score below an 8 tonight? Is that possible?

Apparently it is. Wow. So this is definitely going to be a popularity battle. It's certainly not going to be about the dancing when so much of that dancing is good.

Who did you think was the best in Dancing with the Stars week 3? Whose story was the most moving? Who do you think might get eliminated? Leave your comments below!

Dancing With The Stars, Season 14, Week 3 - Results Night, April 3, 2012

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/dancing-wi...ek-3-44832.aspx
Dancing with the Stars' Week 3 Results: One Story Ends
Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Laurel Brown
Senior Writer, BuddyTV

Another week, another elimination. But this one is going to be sad and not just because of the emotional stories we got in the Dancing with the Stars week 3 performances. Even with high scores all around -- no one received anything below an 8 -- an elimination still has to happen. Who will it be? Keep reading for all of the Dancing with the Stars week 3 results.

Who could possibly be eliminated? With such close scores, the DWTS results are hard to predict. But predict we must. The BuddyTV Readers' Poll suggests that Melissa and Maks are the most likely to leave -- 48 percent picked them for elimination. Also in danger, according to BuddyTV readers? Gavin and Karina were picked by 17 percent of readers, Jack and Anna by 13 percent. Smaller numbers of readers picked Sherri/Val, Maria/Derek and Jaleel/Kym.

With such mixed predictions, it's hard to say which way this will go. Predictions aside, here are the Dancing with the Stars week 3 standings:

1. Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas -- 29 points
2. William Levy and Cheryl Burke -- 28 points
3. Maria Menounos and Derek Hough -- 27 points
4. Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd -- 26 points
5. (tie) Jaleel White and Kym Johnson -- 25 points
5. (tie) Roshon Fegan and Chelsie Hightower -- 25 points
7. (tie) Gladys Knight and Tristan MacManus -- 24 points
7. (tie) Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy -- 24 points
7. (tie) Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff -- 24 points
7. (tie) Jack Wagner and Anna Trebunskaya -- 24 points
7. (tie) Sherri Shepherd and Val Chmerkovskiy -- 24 points

These points might mean everything, and they might mean nothing. Let's find out!

Along with the results tonight, the musical performances are from Rascal Flatts and Seal. Seal seems to be the first performer of the evening, singing "Lean on Me."

It would be a bit anti-climactic for the producers of Dancing with the Stars to take Len's advice. It seems that the DWTS head judge wants everyone to stay. Dancing-wise, Len is not wrong.

They're not going to keep everyone though. This means that we get RESULTS now. The first four couples getting some news are Roshon/Chelsie, Maria/Derek, Gavin/Karina and Katherine/Mark.

So...

Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas are SAFE!!!

That's really not much of a surprise, is it?

Maria Menounos and Derek Hough are SAFE!!!

Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff remain in jeopardy.

And...

Roshon Fegan and Chelsie Hightower are SAFE!!!

Tonight, they have Body of Proof actors in the audience. I do love the randomness of the shows and stars they pick to sit there. (And yes, I know that Body of Proof comes on after Dancing with the Stars.)

More importantly, we're already setting up for the next round of results. Next up to hear their fates: William and Cheryl, Jaleel and Kym, Gladys and Tristan.

They're not going to hear those results right away though, because it's time for an inspiring (and super-sad) story. A ballroom dancer named Julia Ivleva was diagnosed with stage-four cancer, so Anna Trebunskaya and Jonathan Roberts are dancing a performance dedicated to their friend.

You know that Macy's Stars of Dance thing? Apparently the chosen song is "End of Time" by Beyonce.

More importantly, it's time for more RESULTS!

William Levy and Cheryl Burke are SAFE!!!

Thousands of screaming ladies couldn't be wrong, could they?

Gladys Knight and Tristan MacManus are in jeopardy.

Jaleel White and Kym Johnson are SAFE!!!l

The final group waiting for their results are: Donald/Peta, Jack/Anna, Sherri/Val and Melissa/Maks...

And, in a totally random turn of events, somebody let Brooke Burke-Charvet tell one couple that they were safe. That would be...

Sherri Shepherd and Val Chmerkovskiy are SAFE!!!

Everybody else gets to wait.

Whoa. TWIST!!! After this week, the bottom two dancers each week will do a dance-off in front of the judges. And then the judges will pick who stays and who goes.

That's new.

And then there's some dancing. It's not exactly ballroom dancing, but it is quite entertaining. This is followed by a performance from Rascal Flatts. Nice Gavin DeGraw shout-out at the end of the song too.

Back to the RESULTS!

Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd are SAFE!!!

Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy are SAFE!!!

This is not good news for two of my favorites...

Also, Wagner and Anna Trebunskaya are in jeopardy.

We have now reached the final RESULTS of the night. Still in contention for a sad goodbye are: Gladys Knight and Tristan MacManus, Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff, Jack Wagner and Anna Trebunskaya.

Who will make it to next week? Who will go home? The answers...

Gladys Knight and Tristan MacManus are SAFE!!!

This leaves Jack/Anna and Gavin/Karina in the bottom two (and yes, they are the bottom two).

The final positive result is...

Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff are SAFE!!!

Which means...

Jack Wagner and Anna Trebunskaya have been eliminated from Dancing with the Stars week 3.

It's entirely possible that no two dancers have ever looked more shocked than Jack and Anna did right then. They definitely did not expect to go home. Oh well!

Did the right couple go home? Were you shocked by the elimination of Jack Wagner and Anna Trebunskaya from Dancing with the Stars season 14? Who might be next?

And what is your opinion on the new elimination format starting next week?

Leave your comments below!

I think that it was too early to eliminate Jack Wagner. He just didn't have enough fan support.
Gladys Knight was deserving to go home, but her status as a longtime Motown superstar is going to protect her for a while.
Sherri Shepherd's vibrant personality and enthusiasm for dancing is charming home voters into supporting her.

Dancing With The Stars, Season 14, Week 4 - Dance Night, April 9, 2012

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/dancing-wi...ek-4-44919.aspx
'Dancing with the Stars' Week 4 Recap: Are You Ready to Rock?
Monday, April 09, 2012

Laurel Brown
Senior Writer, BuddyTV

Ready or not, rock-and-roll is taking over the ballroom!

If you aren't a fan of all that "classical" stuff they often play for the DWTS performances, then this is the week for you. All 10 of the remaining Dancing with the Stars season 14 competitors will perform to a rock song. And we'll be getting a performance from KISS... Let's rock!

Before we can rock, we must, of course, deal with such important things as statistics. Because where would we be without statistics? (Don't answer that.) The overall standings going into Dancing with the Stars week 4 are as follows:

1. Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas: 81 points
2. William Levy and Cheryl Burke: 77 points
3. Roshon Fegan and Chelsie Hightower: 74 points
4. (tie) Jaleel White and Kym Johnson: 73 points
4. (tie) Maria Menounos and Derek Hough: 73 points
6. Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd: 71 points
7. Sherri Shepherd and Val Chmerkovskiy: 70 points
8. Gladys Knight and Tristan MacManus: 66 points
9. Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff: 65 points
10. Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 64 points

Will these standings change after tonight? Let's get rocking and find out!

Watching Dancing with the Stars live? Don't forget to Tune In on the free BuddyTV Guide App while you're watching.

Hey, they're using the KISS font for DWTS. Cute. Or am I supposed to call that badass? It's so hard to keep track of all this rock-n-roll stuff.

KISS is playing their most easily recognizable song (only partially because of That '70s Show). While about half of the audience doesn't appear to care at all about this, at least the judges are having fun. Instead of showing us KISS and the dancers out on the floor, we should just have a camera focused on the judges' table.

Oh well. There are pyrotechnics and stuff. That's cool too.

Good lord. What has Brooke Burke-Charvet done with her hair? The costuming, hair and makeup departments took the "rock" theme very, very seriously this year. The result is... interesting. Kind of like a bad dream about '80s heavy metal.

On the plus side, the theme gave us a kind of awesome headbanging group (William, Cheryl, Mark and Katherine, I think. It's hard to tell in that makeup.) in the celebrity lineup.

Want to see BuddyTV's blogger's writing on DWTS elsewhere? How about on the official ABC Dancing with the Stars website? Click here to check it out!

And it's on to the first dance...

Dancing the tango

My Comments: Sherri is very funny. Val doesn't know the names of '80s bands very well.

Sherri is doing some impressive table dancing. Even if there's no way she's the singer. Some of Sherri's steps look a little bit too tentative and like she's about to trip on Val. But nothing is off or anything. And Sherri seems pretty committed to the dance overall. Especially when she's doing the "disdainful woman leaving Val in the dust" thing.

Judges' Comments
Len: "Be still my beating heart!" "Overall, you did a great job."
Bruno: "You did a lap dance for me! You did a lap dance for him, and he loved it..." "Great attitude, you played it very well." "I like it when you're nasty..."
Carrie Ann: "I think what was lacking was your normal exuberance." "Your face was expressionless, which I've never seen before." "But I liked your form."

I guess the 8 run has ended.

Dancing the paso doble

My Comments: It would be funny if someone from KISS broke into one of the official dances. Although that might cause some problems with the scoring...

It's hard to believe a "badass" personality accompanied by giggles.

Uh oh. Vamp paso doble costumes have come out. They're certainly not slowing the dance at all. There are a couple of places that look a little more hesitant than Katherine usually gives, but it's nothing major. Seriously this is a very entertaining dance. Very aggressive and cool.

You almost have to feel sorry for everyone else this season.

Judges' Comments
Len: "It had promise but it didn't quite deliver." "You went for the attack..."
Bruno: "We got Katherine on kickass mode!" "You forgot to finish it... It wasn't as clean and precise and defined as a paso should be."
Carrie Ann: "Tonight, I think that the intensity was there... but I think it threw you off your footing."

Maybe they're giving the rest of the celebrities a chance? That would be fair.

Is Jaleel White ready to rock? Check out what he said in our exclusive interview!

Dancing the tango

My Comments: Is it possible to live with no Mick Jagger at all? How could anyone living in the past four decades avoid the man?

The Mick Jagger walk looks silly on Mick Jagger. So... yeah. Fortunately, that's over soon, going into more standard tango stuff. The dance seems very smooth and precise, although it's perhaps a little lacking in emotion and fire. It's not slow, but it almost feels slow. That said, it's a very good dance. Probably one of the best tangos we're going to get, when it comes down to it.

Judges' Comments
Len: "I liked the humor you put in it." "It needed more attack, a little bit more aggression." "It's gotta be... panther-like stalking across the floor."
Bruno: "I love the Jagger beginning!" "It was a little bit underpowered... the performance was good."
Carrie Ann: "I loved it." "There's just something funky and weird about it." "You have a tendency to be a little smooth... try not to be so smooth."

Scores: 8+7+7 = 22

Please don't call him Jaleel Jagger. Please, Brooke.

And wow. Low scores this week...

Dancing the paso doble

My Comments: Oh good. We were due for a Maks meltdown! Yay!

That was not a very "rock" opening. Nor is this much of a rock song. Maks may have an odd definition of "rock." As for the dance, Maks looks great. This is not meant to be an insult to Melissa, but it's kind of hard to notice her next to a gold-clad, aggressive Maks. Melissa has some very fast moves in this, but it doesn't look very precise a lot of the time. It's definitely not aggressive. Not compared to Maks anyway. But is that possible?

Judges' Comments
Len: "I liked it... I thought you'd be a little bit and unsure and unsteady, but you came out and attacked it." (Ummm... How did I miss Maks slipping?)
Bruno: "Hot-blooded drama aplenty! Loved the flavor of Spain. But you messed up the ending." "At time I feel you're still running for it."
Carrie Ann: "On the whole, I thought that was your best performance by far." "When you're in hold, you don't consider yourself equal with Maks."

Scores: 7+8+7 = 22

Note that, despite this being their "best performance," the scores are lower than last week. OK...

Dancing the paso doble

My Comments: Donald has big muscles. Even in a granny sweater.

He looks better without it though. Distractingly good, actually. Watch out William! Some of the moves kind of look like something out of a karate movie. Not bad or anything, just a random association. Actually this is a very good dance. Properly aggressive, precise looking and very entertaining. And that super-spin by Peta at the end was nothing short of amazing.

Judges' Comments
Len: "I never thought I'd get excited seeing a man with his shirt off. After the show, we'll compare tattoos." "I don't know whether you scared the bull. You frightened the life out of me." "Without a doubt, your best dance."
Bruno: "Great guns, Donald! Muscular! Masculine! Magnificent!" "It had power, it had pride, and a bit of a sense of humor."
Carrie Ann: "What the heck did I just see?!" "That was the most bizarre, sexy, hot pasos I've ever seen."

Scores: 9+9+9 = 27

Dancing the tango

My Comments: Is it weird that the most rock-n-roll competitor this season is a woman in her 60s?

Awesome video opening. This tango does have the intensity it needs, but it doesn't involve quite enough movement to be compelling the way some dances are. Gladys does seem to be hitting most of the steps, but those steps don't look quite as good as they probably should. Overall, a good dance, but not the most passionate of the night.

Judges' Comments
Len: "I thought, Gladys, you coped very well with very difficult music." "Well done. It's not your best dance, but it's not your worst."
Bruno: "You're always a class act." "I think you coped very well... It lacked a little bit of impact."
Carrie Ann: "By far your most ambitious routine." "I just felt like it didn't quite come together."

Dancing the jive

My Comments: Oh the screams. The screams...

OK, I do know some '80s metal. But I don't know Steel Panthers. Does that make me lose all my rock cred? You know, that little bit of cred I had remaining after these Dancing with the Stars recaps...

The jive is a bit cheerful for a rock song. Even if it's "We're Not Gonna Take It." That aside, this is a good jive for the most part. They're moving fast and bouncing all over the floor, which seems right. There was a weird bit in the middle that was either unusual choreography or a mistake. Honestly, I'm not sure which. But the dance is good. And where did William find that guitar for the finish?

Judges' Comments
Len: "It is what it is. You went wrong. You lost timing during the end part..." "You gotta nail the routines, William. Otherwise, anything can happen."
Bruno: "Your performance always rocks the house. But, you did go off." "Tonight isn't quite as good as it used to be."
Carrie Ann: "They go crazy for you, for good reason." "You just gotta watch the routine and stay focused."

Scores: 7+7+8 = 22

Dancing the Viennese waltz

My Comments: Seriously? The Viennese waltz? What was somebody thinking? Oh well, could be interesting. (Side note: Roshon needs to play the humility card a little bit. He never sounds like he thinks anything is his fault. Anyway...)

This is rock? Ummm... Soft rock. Adult contemporary maybe... Not quite rock though.

But what can you do with a waltz? Weird music aside, this is a pretty waltz. Roshon doesn't look as comfortable as he did in some of the other dances. Not bad though. They're certainly moving quickly, which is impressive in itself. Unlike many of the other men, Roshon actually does some fancy footwork too. Good dance.

Judges' Comments
Len: "Good job, dawg." "I thought you performed it with style and you performed it with panache."
Bruno: "You're flying so high you can touch the sky!" "Elegant and romantic, I loved it!"
Carrie Ann: "It was so cute -- it's like watching the climax out of a Disney movie."

Dancing the tango

My Comments: It looks like Maria is going to be the always-injured star of Dancing with the Stars season 14. Ouch.

Wow. So much for the schoolgirl uniform. This is one of the better tangos of the night. The speed and intensity are both good. Maria also looks to be keeping up with Derek -- always a good sign. And it was just good. Very, very good. Somehow she even did it with a broken foot! Wow.

Judges' Comments
Len: "You had the aggression, occasionally I thought it lost a little bit of control." "Your posture's the tops."
Bruno: "Beauty, attitude and sex appeal by the truckload!" "What you can do with your foot healed, I don't know. But that was brilliant."
Carrie Ann: "You guys have such incredible chemistry when you dance... Every move, I was in love with."

Dancing the tango

My Comments: If Gavin can't do well in Rock Week, he's probably done. You know, considering his profession.

Gavin kind of looks like a character out of A Clockwork Orange. That may be rock-n-roll. I wouldn't know. Gavin looks a little stiff in the dance -- not that that's entirely a problem in the tango. It does decrease the passion a little bit. On the other hand, this seems to be one of Gavin's better dances in terms of precision and steps. It's actually a pretty good dance.

Judges' Comments
Len: "I liked it! Don't go crazy -- I didn't like it that much." "It had flair and it had attitude." "You've got to tuck your bum under, but it was good."
Bruno: "You were very determined and very focused, but your frame was bad." "It was like watching a turtle at times."
Carrie Ann: "I felt like I was watching Johnny Depp on this stage." "I thought your posture was a little strange..."

Scores: 8+8+7 = 23

Those are good scores for such negative comments. Nice... (Yes, I like Gavin. Sue me.)

Uh-oh. It sounds like Melissa got hurt at some point in the evening. They'll let us know how she is tomorrow.

Want more Dancing with the Stars info? Check out our DWTS Insider page on Facebook.

Who rocked it tonight? Which dances were the best? The worst? The most surprising? Leave your comments below!

I'm surprised that Katherine Jenkins didn't end up in First or Second Place like she usually does.
I loved how well Maria Menounos performed. Imagine how good she'd be if she didn't have a fractured foot and sore ribs!

Gladys Knight looks like she's in danger again. But fans may spare her and chose either Melissa Gilbert or William Levy for elimination.

I wonder how Melissa got injured bad enough to need to leave and get medical attention before the show ended?

Dancing With The Stars, Season 14, Week 4 - Results Night, April 10, 2012

From Monday Night's judge's scoring:
1. Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd: 27 points
2. (tie) Maria Menounos and Derek Hough: 26 points
2. (tie) Roshon Fegan and Chelsie Hightower: 26 points
4. Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas: 24 points
5. Gavin DeGraw and Karina Smirnoff: 23 points
6. (tie) William Levy and Cheryl Burke: 22 points
6. (tie) Jaleel White and Kym Johnson: 22 points
6. (tie) Melissa Gilbert and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 22 points
9. Sherri Shepherd and Val Chmerkovskiy: 21 points
10. Gladys Knight and Tristan MacManus: 20 points

Assuming that the Home Voters vote logically, #10 Gladys Knight, and #9 Sherri Shepherd are in trouble. But each has a fanbase that might choose to save them over better celebs who don't have much of a fanbase with DWTS viewers. Will home voters respond positively or negatively to injured Maria Menounos' cracked foot bone & sore ribs, and Melissa Gilbert's mild concussion & whiplash?

Results in the order they were announced - Returning for another week are:

Eliminated - Sherri Shepherd and Val Chmerkovskiy

Well, I'm not surprised that Sherri was chosen for elimination once that Gladys Knight got saved.

But I wonder how the celebrity who is tied for Second Place, Roshon Fegan, could have been considered as having the second worst total score? Perhaps the real second worst got announced as Safe to Return earlier.

Back