Dancing With The Stars - Season 9

Season 9 Premiere - September 21, 2009

Team Pairings

1. Tony Dovolani & Kathy Ireland, supermodel, author and fashion CEO of Kathy Ireland Worldwide
2. Jonathan Roberts & Macy Gray, Grammy-winning singer
3. Mark Ballas & Melissa Joan Hart, actress and one of the stars on our wish list
4. Dmitry Chaplin & Mya, R&B singer and actress
5. Edyta Śliwińska & Ashley Hamilton, actor-comedian and son of Season 2's George Hamilton
6. Anna Demidova & Michael Irvin, ex-NFL wide receiver
7. Lacey Schwimmer & Mark Dacascos, The Chairman on Iron Chef America
8. Kym Johnson & Donny Osmond, entertainer and brother of Season 5's Marie Osmond
9. Louis van Amstel & Kelly Osbourne, singer and daughter of Ozzy Osbourne
10. Maksim Chmerkovskiy & Debi Mazar, Entourage star
11. Anna Trebunskaya & Chuck Liddell, light heavyweight champion
12. Alec Mazo & Natalie Coughlin, 11-time Olympic medalist in swimming
13. Derek Hough & Joanna Krupa, model; most recently seen on ABC's The Superstars
14. Chelsie Hightower & Louie Vito, snowboarder
15. Karina Smirnoff & Aaron Carter, singer and brother of Backstreet Boy Nick Carter
16. Cheryl Burke & Tom DeLay, former House majority leader

------

Aaron Carter is my early favourite.

Donny Osmond should be very good. He's got a good partner in Kym Johnson.

Michael Irvin, ex-NFL wide receiver should become good.

Ashley Hamilton should become good. I'm guessing that he's going to have his father George give him tips.

Natalie Coughlin should become good.

Melissa Joan Hart should become good.

Joanna Krupa, model - she's got a strong competitive streak based on watching her this summer on ABC's The Superstars celebrity athletic competition. But she has an equally strong b*tchy streak when things go wrong.

Kathy Ireland may elimatated early based on how badly Josie Maran and Paulina Porizkova did (got kicked out first).

Tom Delay is my pick to be eliminated first.

Dancing With The Stars, Season 9, Week 1 - Dance Night for Male Celebrities, September 21st.

Dancing Night was divided into male celebrities performing on Monday and female celebrities performing on Tuesday.

Aaron Carter was very good but the judges were very stingy with scoring.

Mark Dacascos (Iron Chef) was surprisingly good, but the judges were stingy with his points too. It turns out that he is adept at martial arts, so he is very limber and flexible. The balance and poise that a good martial artist has is similar to ballroom dance moves.

This season has bonus points earned through what they call Relay Dances held after the pairs dance.

http://www.buddytv.c...ason-31336.aspx

Dancing With the Stars: Season Premiere Live Thoughts
Monday, September 21, 2009
- Kim Wetter, BuddyTV Staff Columnist

It's time folks. Time to separate the dancers from the d-listers with two left feet. Every premiere of Dancing With The Stars offers a plethora of surprises -- just how wooden will Samantha Harris be? Which couple's off-stage chemistry will we be gossiping about come next week? What talented professional has been saddled with an impossibly awful celebrity? And above all, what celebrity who we never thought could dance, can in fact shake a tail feather? Tune in with me tonight as we watch the first half of the Dancing With the Stars hopefuls take the stage and dance, dance, dance!

16 couples will compete this season in a supersized 3 night premiere. Tonight is the men's night and tomorrow is ladies night. The show opens with our men professionals doing a dance to "The Boys are Back in Town," which is just the perfect way to get things started this year. Ah Maksim Chmerkovskiy, how you treat me right.

Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris welcome the stars of season 9 onto the stage (in the order that they will preform):
Karina Smirnoff and Aaron Carter
Chuck Liddell and Anna Trebunskaya
Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer
Edyta Sliwinska and Ashley Hamilton
Kym Johnson and Donny Osmond
Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower
Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova
Tom Delay and Cheryl Burke

Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Debi Mazer
Mark Ballas and Melissa Joan Hart
Dmitry Chaplin and Mya
Kathy Ireland and Tony Dovolani
Alec Mazo and Natalie Coughlin
Macy Gray and Jonathan Roberts
Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough
Kelly Osbourn and Louis van Amstel

Karina Smirnoff and Aaron Carter - Latin

Karina and Aaron start off the night with the "Cha Cha Cha." Aaron comes out strong but has a model face throughout most of the routine. It's clear Karina has whipped him into shape. It's not a stereotypical Cha Cha but Aaron shows he can move his feet. Near the end, he struggles with a sidestep that ends up looking clumsy and he misses the final grab by just a bit.

Len Goodman says he's full of potential. Bruno Tonioli points out the near fall at the end. He tells Aaron he needs to tone it down. Carrie ann Inaba sees a lot of potential in Aaron and noticed the funky footwork. They score a total of 22 with scores of 7, 8, and 7 (Carrie Ann, Len, and Bruno respectively).

Chuck Liddell and Anna Trebunskaya - Ballroom

Chuck Liddell and Anna Trebunskaya do the "Fox Trot" next. Anna says that Chuck will scare the audience if he doesn't smile. He seems to be doing okay at the beginning of the dance. It's a bit slower than it should be and his smile starts to get really forced. At one point, he's supposed to snap and is totally offbeat. Luckily, Anna is enchanting. He finishes really strong and gives a manly fist pump.

Bruno gentle neanderthal and russian princess went over well but it was rough. Carrie Ann calls Chuck smooth but not graceful. Len said it was much better than he thought it was going to be. He asks that Chuck gets in touch with his feminine side and Anna waves him off. They score a total of 16 with scores of 6, 5, and 5.

Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer - Latin

Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer will also preform the "Cha Cha Cha." Mark starts out with a couple karate moves, which is predictable. They cha cha it up to "Kung Fu Fighting." It looks a bit like Mark was copying Lacey exactly in all her moves, which makes him look a bit too feminine on the dance floor. He needs to develop a stronger line because he's a bit like mush at the moment. Overall, the performance was forgettable at best. The crowd seems really positive though.

Carrie Ann says he has potential but tells him to watch his arms. Len tells him that he doesn't want to see Kung-Fu in every dance because it's a cheap gimmick. Bruno calls it "partly a treat." They score a total of 21 with 7s across the board.

Edyta Sliwinska and Ashley Hamilton - Ballroom

Edyta Sliwinska and Ashley Hamilton preform next. Ashley is not a great dancer, which is a bit of a shocker. They're dancing a Fox Trot to "Grace Kelly." Ashley's hesitant with his moves and it's clear their strategy was to showcase Edyta, which isn't a bad plan. He's smiling the whole time and he clearly enjoys dancing with her.

Len said Ashley had good footwork but it was rough. Bruno says that there was a total lack of showmanship. Carrie Ann comments on their attractiveness, which is obvious. She tells them they need to define themselves. Does she mean stereotype themselves because that's what I've seen earlier in the evening. Edyta knows how to play up the motorcycle accident though. American's love a good back story. They score a 15 with scores of 5, 6, and 4.

Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson - Ballroom

Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson are up next and the crowd is going wild for him. Donny and Kym are tackling the "Fox Trot" first. They start out and I can already tell I'm going to love their performance. Donny and Kym have great stage presence. Their "shimmy shake" is a bit weak but he picks things back up on the turns. His, not hers. He looks a bit scared as she twirls in front of him. The audience is obsessed with him though.

Bruno tells him he can play an audience but his shoulders are bad. Carrie Ann agrees that he's great with the theatrics but his ballroom skills are lacking. Len said there was too much "razzmatazz." That's code for musical theatre. They score a total of 20 with scores of 7, 6, and 7.

Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower - Ballroom

Louie looks like he's going to be a really awkward dancer. He starts out just fine with his fox trot and he's got the smile down. He looks down at his feet whenever he moves to quickly on the floor just a couple of times. It's much better than I expected but he looks tiny on the dance floor.

Carrie Ann said she was surprised but she could tell he's never danced before. Len tells him he needs to cut his hair, which you should never tell a snowboarder. Bruno tells him it was like watching a dancing hobbit but he can see potential in him. They score a total of 19 with judges' scores of 6, 7, and 6.

Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova - Latin

Michael Irvin really wants a 22 on this dance but I'm not sure he'll get it. He has the stage presence to win over the audience but he just looks really funny when he shakes his hips. And moves his arms. It's not horrible but it's not smooth.

Len tells him that he has to get slicker and that Anna needs to include more content. Bruno says the footwork, timing and content were out. Carrie Ann blames it on Anna for lack of content because she claims Michael did well. They score a total of 13 with a 5, 4, and 4.

Tom Delay and Cheryl Burke - Latin

Tom Delay can move for an old dude. He does a lot of Cheryl showcasing which isn't a surprise. The audience is almost shocked to silence with his stage presence but as soon as he starts shaking his hips, they get into it. Technically okay but overall a surprise.

Bruno says that Tom Delay's crazier than Sarah Palin. Carrie Ann says she's impressed that he's light on his feet. Len called it impressive for what it was. They score a total of 16 out of 30 with judges' scores of 6, 5 and 5.

First Relay Dance - Salsa

Chuck Liddell and Anna Trebunskaya, Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower, Kym Johnson and Donny Osmond, and Edyta Sliwinska and Ashley Hamilton are up for the first relay dance.

Ashley and Edyta star and he's looking a bit hesitant again and falls a bit. Chuck and Anna come out next and Chuck really works it. Way better than couple one but his footwork is minimal. Donny and Kym answer with a lot of footwork. They also have the coolest trick until Louie comes out by flipping. He does much better with the latin style and once again he and Chelsie seem to be getting along fabulously.

Donny smoked them, Chuck knows how to work them and Louie was fun. Len said that Ashley failed completely but Donny was awesome. Bruno calls Chuck a revelation.

The results of the first relay are:
Kym Johnson and Donny Osmond - 10 points
Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower - 8 points
Chuck Liddell and Anna Trebunskaya - 6 points
Edyta Sliwinska and Ashley Hamilton - 4 points

Second Relay Dance - Waltz

Tom Delay and Cheryl Burke, Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova, Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer, and Karina Smirnoff and Aaron Carter perform next.

Aaron and Karina start. He holds his head a bit too high but they have great lines. When is someone going to point out the model face he uses while he dances? Mark takes over seamlessly. Tom does look a bit stiff, as Mark projected, but overall their performance is smooth. Michael Irvin tries to redeem himself with this dance but it looks so awkward and uncomfortable it's not going to bode well for him in judging.

Len commends Mark. Bruno loves Aaron and Mark's lines and tells Michael that he did better. Carrie Ann agrees. I don't. It seems like Tom's the ugly duckling here.

The results of the second relay:
Karina Smirnoff and Aaron Carter, 10 points
Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer, 8 points
Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova, 6 points
Tom Delay and Cheryl Burke, 4 points

Final numbers:
1. Karina Smirnoff and Aaron Carter - 32 points, 1 (800) 568-3401
2. Kym Johnson and Donny Osmond - 30 points 1 (800) 568-3405
3. Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer, 29 points 1 (800) 568-3403
4. Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower - 27 points 1 (800) 568-3406
5. Chuck Liddell and Anna Trebunskaya - 24 points 1 (800) 568-3402
6. Tom Delay and Cheryl Burke, 20 points 1 (800) 568-3408
7. Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova, 19 points 1 (800) 568-3407
8. Edyta Sliwinska and Ashley Hamilton - 19 points 1 (800) 568-3404

Dancing With The Stars, Season 9, Week 1 - Dance Night for Female Celebrities, September 22nd.

Dancing Night was divided into male celebrities Monday and female celebrities Tuesday.

Great

Dmitry Chaplin & Mya, R&B singer and actress - She said that she studied tap dancing when she was young, so I put her on my top female celebrities list. She had great movement and grace.

Derek Hough & Joanna Krupa, model; most recently seen on ABC's The Superstars - She was surprisingly great with her motions, flexibility and speed.

Louis van Amstel & Kelly Osbourne, singer and daughter of Ozzy Osbourne
- Kelly was was surprisingly good. She had great movement and grace. Her parents were crying in the audience with pride.

--

Not so good

Tony Dovolani & Kathy Ireland, supermodel
Jonathan Roberts & Macy Gray, Grammy-winning singer

Note: Macy Gray got bleeped for saying "busted" in sexual term.

http://www.buddytv.c...ason-31367.aspx
'Dancing with the Stars' Season Premiere Week - Ladies Night, Live Thoughts
Tuesday, September 22, 2009

That's right it's ladies night and the feelings right. Last night was a great start to the 9th season of Dancing with the Stars and I couldn't be more excited for tonight's performances. Maksim Chmerkovskiy will be performing, which is always a joy. We'll finally get to see if Sabrina the Teenage Witch star Melissa Joan Hart and bust a move or two and by the end of the night, we'll know all our weakest dancers. So, who's ready for tonight? I'd like to the holler at the "refresh" crew. If you're with me, let me know. And we're about to get started with Dancing with the Stars: Night 2...

Live from Hollywood, we start out with our women professionals dancing to "She's a Lady." I love the intro but some of the individual spotlights seem a bit clumsy. Overall a good performance though. Chelsie Hightower did her best to look cute as ever, which isn't that difficult.

Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris explain that this season's cast is so big that they have to have two nights to showcase them all. Once again, they introduce all of the stars onto the stage in the order that they will perform in. They will be performing a Salsa or Viennese Waltz tonight. Since we know everyone already, I'll just give you the order the women will dance in:

Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Debi Mazar
Dmitry Chaplin and Mya
Alec Mazo and Natalie Coughlin
Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel

Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Debi Mazar - Salsa

Debi and Maksim are a great start to the evening because I was most excited to see how Debi dances. From the looks of things, she learned a lot. She stumbles a bit on on of her turns but her footwork is spot on. Even though their practice video showed them fighting a lot, Maksim and Debi have great stage presence. They absolutely, positively nail the ending as well, which will leave a great taste in the judges mouth.

Len Goodman says that Debi was missing hip action but she's full of potential. Bruno Tonioli complements her on working her bosom. He even blatantly points to her boobs. Carrie Ann Inaba tells Debi to transfer her personality to her dancing. Overall, they judges just carefully critiqued them. Nothing horrible and nothing really stood out. They score a 16 with individual judges' scores of 6, 5, and 5 (Carrie Ann, Len and Bruno respectively).

Mark Ballas and Melissa Joan Hart - Viennese Waltz

It's time to see what reigning champ Mark Ballas can do with Melissa Joan Hart. I love Mark. I love that he used to watch Sabrina the Teenage Witch. They have a slow start but when they break into the waltz, Melissa looks good. She doesn't stumble on her spins and she keeps up with Mark's impeccable footwork. They audience loves the performance.

Bruno asks Melissa if she's nervous. Evidently he thinks they lacked magic. Carrie Ann, always cheery, tells them that they gave her moments to remember. The more pessimistic Len tells them that he hated the sweetness of the choreography but Melissa had horrible footwork. They score a total of 18 with individual judges' scores of 6, 6 and 6.

Dmitry Chaplin and Mya - Viennese Waltz

Mya, as we could have guessed, has great stage presence. They fumble on a hold or two near the beginning. I'm distracted by Mya's cute baby blue dress and then Dmitry's chest and then back to the dress again. But I think the dancing was good. I noted some smoldering chemistry near the end.

Carrie Ann tells Mya that she set the bar for the evening. Len lays into Dmitry for going away from the traditional Viennese Waltz and Bruno interrupts him and starts yelling that what the two of them dances was artistry in motion. Len puts his foot down and tells the room that Mya is a fabulous dancer but Dmitry let her down by not sticking to the challenge. Due to Len's low score, they score a total of 21 points with individual judge scores of 8, 5, and 8.

Note: Tom Bergeron announces that Baz Luhrmann will be on the show next week!!

Kathy Ireland and Tony Dovolani - Salsa

Kathy's salsa footwork seems a bit timid but she makes up for it in attitude. You can see she loses confidence after her first semi slip. In her defense, I don't think Tony's the right partner for her. They don't mesh as well as the other couples this season, which is something I definitely did not expect. It was spirited and fun but fell flat for me.

Len says he sees potential but they were way too careful. Bruno notes the lack of sex in the salsa. Good. I'm glad he said something. Get into it kids and really get all over each other. Carrie Ann tells Kathy that see needs to loosen up. Ugh, I'm so sad this cougar isn't pouncing all over this young hottie. Come on Kathy and Tony, make me proud! Oh no. Kathy just said, "All things are possible with God." She's religious? There go my cougar dreams for Mr. Dovolani. Kathy and Tony score a 16 with individual judges' scores of 6, 5 and 5.

Alec Mazo and Natalie Coughlin - Salsa

I don't know why, but I really like Natalie. She seems so genuine and cute. Their salsa is already steamier than Kathy and Tony's within the first 5 seconds. Alec Mazo did some great, fun choreography for this first performance and he let's natalie's natural athleticism shine. Natalie also gets incredibly happy when the audience cheers for her, which is cute.

Bruno points out that Natalie was great but she freezes up a bit on the dance floor. Carrie Ann loved the performance and calls the couple a diamond in the rough. Once again, Len doesn't think that the salsa was sexy enough. Carrie Ann tells him that he's just getting old, which I actually agree with considering his comments tonight. They score a total of 19 with individual judges' scores of 7, 6 and 6.

Macy Gray and Jonathan Roberts - Viennese Waltz

I'm a little worried for the heavy footed Macy Gray tonight. Once they get over a long and boring opening, Jonathan and Macy start to work the waltz around the dancefloor. Len will love that they never release throughout the dance. It's a bit slow to get anyone truly excited though. And Jonathan and Macy have zero chemistry so I'm guessing the salsa won't look fabulous.

Carrie Ann calls Macy Gray fascinating. She also used the word "genuineness" which I will interpret as "Ginuwineness." Len says he'd vote for Macy if he was at home. Bruno compares her to a child learning to take his first steps. They're all clearly enchanted with her for reasons unexplained. Macy shocks everyone by saying she b*sted her cherry. Is Macy Gray intoxicated? Derek Hough and Joanna Krupa definitely think so. Macy and Jonathan score a total of 15 with individual scores of 6, 4, and 5.

Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough - Salsa

Something tells me Derek Hough and Aaron Carter would get along. I recommend that Derek take Aaron under his wing like a big brother. Let's be honest - Derek would be a better influence than Nick Carter. Derek and Joanna start out their dancing working Joanna's ass. Good decision because she can shake it. I notice that Derek's counting out loud for Joanna at certain points though. But, it's undeniably hot. I thought I was over Derek this year but I'm starting to see his charm again. And the crowd does too.

Len finally gets his hot, smoking salsa. Bruno compliments Derek for making the most of his partner with his choreography. Consensus: HOT. They might be my favorite couple of both nights. They score a 24 with 8s across the board.

Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel - Viennese Waltz

Kelly Osbourne looks really nervous at the start but seems to pick up after the music starts. She's not very flexible but Louis helps her look graceful. She looks to him for cues every once in a while, which won't go unnoticed. It was much better than I could have ever expected. Single greatest surprise of the season thus far. Tom Bergeron whispers something about grace to her after she finishes her dance.

Bruno says that she was a vision of grace and elegance. Carrie Ann tells her that her parents should be proud and the camera cuts to Sharon crying. Len calls it the best Viennese Waltz of the night. Everyone in the theatre is shocked by her effortless grace. Kelly and Louis score a 23 with individual judges' scores of 7, 8 and 8.

Fox Trot Relay Dance

Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Debi Mazar, Kathy Ireland and Tony Dovolani, Alec Mazo and Natalie Coughlin and Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough perform. And then we go to the first relay dance for the night, the foxtrot. The couples dancing are: Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo, Kathy Ireland and Tony Dovolani, Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough, and Debi Mazar and Maksim Chmerkovskiy.

All four performed quite well, but it's clearly Joanna who is most at ease with the dance floor. Natalie didn't have the same robotic movements earlier, and she gets props for that from the judges. Debi was clearly having fun, but not nearly enough.

The scores are:
1. Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough, 10 points
2. Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo, 8 points
3. Debi Mazar and Maksim Chmerkovskiy, 6 points
4. Kathy Ireland and Tony Dovolani, 4 points

Cha Cha Cha Relay Dance

Mark Ballas and Melissa Joan Hart, Dmitry Chaplin and Mya, Macy Gray and Jonathan Roberts, and Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel will perform. Macy and Jonathan start things off. Macy doesn't impress like she did before. Melissa and Mark continue things and Melissa's definitely faster on her feet. And she can do the splits! Mya and Dmitry come out and Dmitry sits back and lets Mya shine. Kelly and Louis come out to huge cheers. Kelly is fabulous with the Cha Cha and her and Louis' lines are looking better and better. She misses a turn for a second but laughs it off.

Len points out that Macy was slow, he liked Melissa, loved Mya, and calls Kelly's dance first-class. Bruno says Macy had better timing, Melissa looked like she had fun, Mya's footwork was spot on and Bruno can't believe what he's seeing in Kelly Osbourne. Carrie Ann calls Melissa most improved. She tells Kelly to watch her other arm but she had amazing legwork.

The results are in:
1. Dmitry Chaplin and Mya, 10 points
2. Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel, 8 points
3. Mark Ballas and Melissa Joan Hart, 6 points
4. Macy Gray and Jonathan Roberts, 4 points

That's it for ladies night.

The final scores are:
Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough, 34 points
Dmitry Chaplin and Mya, 31 points
Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel, 31 points
Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo, 27 points
Mark Ballas and Melissa Joan Hart, 24 points
Debi Mazar and Maksim Chmerkovskiy, 22 points
Kathy Ireland and Tony Dovolani, 20 points
Macy Gray and Jonathan Roberts, 19 points

Dancing With The Stars, Season 9, Week 1 - Results Night

Tonight one Male Celebrity and one Female Celebrity would be eliminated.

I'm surprised that former congressman Tom DeLay didn't get kicked out. Ashley Hamilton had potential, but no fan base. I'm sorry to see him go.

I expected Macy Gray to get kicked out. She was surprisingly awkward for a singer/songwriter.

http://www.buddytv.c...ek-1-31396.aspx
'Dancing with the Stars' Week 1 - Live Results
Wednesday, September 23, 2009

That's right everyone, it's time to find out who's going home. Week one of Dancing with the Stars has had it's ups and downs and I'm on the edge of my seat to find out which two celebrities are going home first. Double eliminations will be usual occurrences this season so get used to them. Who do you think is going home? Who do you think came out on top? Stay with us to find out the results as they come in live.

To remind you, here are the
Dancing with the Stars judges' rankings:
1. Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough - 34 points
2. Karina Smirnoff and Aaron Carter - 32 points,
4. Dmitry Chaplin and Mya - 31 points
4. Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel - 31 points
5. Kym Johnson and Donny Osmond - 30 points
6. Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer - 29 points
8. Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower - 27 points
8. Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo - 27 points
10. Chuck Liddell and Anna Trebunskaya - 24 points
10. Mark Ballas and Melissa Joan Hart - 24 points
11. Debi Mazar and Maksim Chmerkovskiy - 22 points
13. Kathy Ireland and Tony Dovolani - 20 points
13. Tom DeLay and Cheryl Burke - 20 points
16. Macy Gray and Jonathan Roberts - 19 points
16. Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova - 19 points
16. Edyta Sliwinska and Ashley Hamilton - 19 points

Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris start the evening off by asking Len Goodman which performance they'd like to see again and of course, they pick to see Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel performing the Viennese Waltz. Then we get a recap of the women's performances. But, we'll actually be eliminating a male celebrity in the first half of the evening.

The first two couples safe are:
Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff

Sean Kingston performs an auto tuned up version of "Face Drop," which I haven't heard but I'm guessing it's his next single.It's boring. His performance is boring. His dancers are sub-par for a dance show.

We'll see who's going to join the Loser's Club this season by being the first man eliminated.

The next three couples safe are:
Kym Johnson and Donny Osmond

Five men are safe and the (clear) bottom three remain.

Next two safe couples:
Tom DeLay and Cheryl Burke

Eliminated: Edyta Sliwinska and Ashley Hamilton

Edyta says she wishes that Ashley could have stayed longer because he has a lot of potential. I didn't see it. I'm guessing Edyta wishes she had some more screen time. I know the rest of the world does. We'll find out which female celebrity will be going home next.

But first Miley Cyrus has to premiere her music video. I will not comment because she didn't pole dance in cowboy boots. Fail Miley.

The women are next. I always wonder why they're dressed in the same outfits from the night before. Do they think we're going to forget what the celebrities and professional dancers look like? I mean, maybe. Joanna Krupa and Kelly Osbourne look really similar.

First couples saved:
Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo
Dmitry Chaplin and Mya

The competition heats up! There's a sad Adam Carolla video break just before an amazing performance of The Lion King that I'm sure they had to set up for because the production is elaborate. Do you think our celebrities will be able to dance this well by the end of the season? Yeah, probably not. But it'd be fun if they had a Broadway challenge.

Also safe:
Debi Mazar and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Why not Kelly Osbourne?! I think they're trying to convince you to vote more to save your favorites. She's clearly a favorite. The professionals come out to perform a Patrick Swayze tribute. Cheryl kicks butt in her performance but I can honestly say that none of them men measured up to Patrick Swayze. Not a single one stood out to me.

Saved couples:

First eliminated woman:

Dancing With The Stars, Season 9, Week 2 - Dance Night, September 28nd.

Aaron Carter & Karina and Mya & Dmitry did well tonight with 27 points.

Kathy Ireland & Tony were slow and dull. Tom DeLay & Cheryl almost fell at the end of their routine. These two are at the bottom with 18 points, but there are several contestants who have 19 points who might get eliminated.

http://www.buddytv.c...week-31495.aspx
'Dancing with the Stars' - Week 2, Live Thoughts
Monday, September 28, 2009

Tonight, both the men and the women celebrities will take the stage to start off week 2 of Dancing with the Stars season 9. Macy Gray and Ashley Hamilton were eliminated last week and there will be another elimination tomorrow night. Who will wow us tonight? Who's on the cusp of going home? I'm guessing Tom Delay is in trouble this week unless the Republican party gets behind him. But these aren't party politics, thank god, and we all have the chance to vote for our favorites (Read: Natalie).

Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris start the evening off by introducing the guest judge this week: Baz Luhrmann. For those of you that don't know, he was the director of Strictly Ballroom, Romeo + Juliet, and Moulin Rouge.

Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough - Jive

They start off with some cool tricks. Joanna looks much more focused tonight which plays down her stage presence. What's up with her hair? I feel like I should be watching I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of Here. She belongs in a jungle with that hair. Overall, they have great energy but Derek is doing most of the spins and complicated moves which should normally go to the girls.

Carrie Ann Inaba comments on her hair immediately. She says she had great energy but lacked footwork. Bruno Tonioli also points out that she lost rhythm a couple of times. Baz, who's going to be nicer than Len Goodman this week, tells them he wants to see more of their relationship on stage. I agree. They have great chemistry and should take some moments to really connect. Carrie Ann gives a low 6, Baz gives a 7 and Bruno finishes with a 7 for a total of 20.

Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo - Quick Step

Natalie and Alec are cheesing it up this week. I can't help it though, I love her. She could use a bit more height in her steps. The two of them started to get into halfway through. Natalie even does a couple of the tricks which was a problem I had with the last performance.

Bruno tells Natalie that when she smiles, the room lights up. I think he's just as enchanted with her as I am. Baz tells her that in the second half she moved with the music. Carrie Ann admits that Natalie is one of her favorite contestants and she loves to watch her move. I'm glad that all of the judges agree with me. I love being right. They score a 21 with 7s across the board.

Chuck Liddell and Anna Trebunskaya - Tango

Chuck starts of shirtless this week but then puts on a business coat. His "tango" serious look is hilarious. He looks like Anna smell bad. They move slowly and it's not really a traditional tango. She rips off his coat at the end and the crowd goes wild. Chuck looks mighty pleased with himself.

Baz Luhrmann gives Chuck props for overcoming his fear of dancing. Carrie Ann says that she was scared by his look. Bruno says that he could tell that he worked hard on the tango and then pleads with people to vote for Chuck because he wants to see him stay in the competition. It's funny how soft spoken Chuck is. I feel like whenever he speaks he should be yelling. Chuck and Anna score a 19 with 6, 7, and 6 respectfully.

Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas - Jive

Sabrina the Teenage Witch looks like Minnie Mouse this week. Her footwork is a bit slow but it's an exciting routine. When Mark slides under her, the scandalous look on her face made me laugh out loud. I can't tell if that was just really good acting. Let's hope.

Carrie Ann calls Melissa beige last week and bright red this week. That's a positive comment, I swear. Bruno called them two flittering ladybirds. I think he just called Mark a lady. I wonder how Mark feels about that. Baz tells her she improved greatly but her footwork was bad. They score a 19 with scores of 7, 6, and 6.

Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova - Quick Step

Michael put in extra hours this week but I'm confused as to why their quick step is so slow. I guess it picks up a bit but they just seem to be going from one side of the stage to the other. Boring is the word I would use to describe their dance. Michael gives a funny look at the end of the dance and that was the most interesting thing that happened.

Bruno disagrees with me. He says the content was there and that Michael improved. Baz loves Michael's "story" and his tongue. That's a weird thing. I don't like that. He needs to stop the tongue thing. Carrie Ann called it a touchdown. Am I the only one that saw that boring dance? Maybe they were distracted by Anna's lack of clothing around the midsection. That's probably it. Or the fact that Michael Irvin is wearing pink. I can't decide. They score a 20 with 7, 7, and 6.

Debi Mazar and Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Tango

Debi and Maksim had a bit of trouble in rehearsals this week. Maksim is wearing what looks to be a Moulin Rouge costume, which is awesome. Their tango is much more entertaining than Chuck Liddell's because it's full of passion. Maybe hatred. Supposedly both.

Baz likes the "story" they told. He is a writer and director but he needs to find a new compliment. Carrie Ann calls Debi a drama queen. She also thought it was gorgeous. Bruno said that it could be even better because she still gets a little shaky. Overall, very positive comments from the judges but I think Bruno was being a bit too harsh. I didn't see any shakiness. They score a 21 with 7s across the board.

Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower - Jive

Louie Vito has an amazing costume tonight. He comes out with a flip off the stairs and onto the dance floor. I'm actually so mesmerized by their performance I don't even know what to say. It has so much energy and spirt and they just look perfect together. They should date.

Carrie Ann points out that Louie lights up the room when he dances. He does have intoxicating joy while he dances. Bruno makes fun of Louie for being the cool dude on the dance floor. He claims he can dance when he does dance. Baz doesn't like his jacket. I completely disagree. That jacket is badass. They score a 19 with individual judges' scores of 6, 7, and 6.

Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff - Quick Step

Aaron Carter's individual interviews are so forced. Is someone writing his lines for him? Their routine starts out with muppets, which is weird. Oh, they are dancing to a muppet how song. It totally goes along with their cheese factor. Aaron kind of looks like he's trotting a horse as he dances around the room.

Bruno calls it "Spectacular, Spectacular" and calls Aaron a mini-Fred Astaire. That's gross. Really? Aaron Carter was just compared to Fred Astaire. Baz calls it clever and inventive. A large vein starts popping out of Aaron's forehead as people compliment him more and more. You can literally see his head getting bigger! That's ridiculously awesome. Carrie Ann loved it to. Whatever. He still bugs me. They score a 27 with 9s across the board.

Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel - Tango

The beginning is shaky as Kelly sort of misses her turn. It really picks up though. They do a stereotypical tango move all across the floor but Kelly looks stiff. I wish she'd take that nervousness and turn it into intensity. She shakes her head at Louis at the end.

Baz tells her that her "story" is the best and above the show. Carrie Ann tells Kelly to stay in character but says that she liked what she saw. Bruno agreed and said when she got it right, she reminded him of Eva Peron. Kelly admits that she panicked this week. She scores a 19 with individual judges' scores of 6, 7 and 6.

Kathy Ireland and Tony Dovolani - Quick Step

Kathy and Tony are by far the biggest disappointment for me. I just wanted this former model to go all cougartown on Tony and she just won't. Kathy, lower your standards. Or raise them. I mean that boy is hot. I'm sad they aren't doing the tango this week. Instead, their dance is very tame Disney-esque (well and it was to a song from The King & I). As caste as it is, it still seems a bit awkward and so not cougar-like.

Carrie Ann tells her she's still reserved and even points out that their hold has too much space. Close that space Tony! Bruno agrees and Kathy seems more and more uncomfortable. Baz tells them they need to be more exciting in a tactful way. Overall, the judges weren't impressed. Once again, I'm glad they agree with me though. I'm getting good at this. They score an 18 with 6s across the board.

Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer - Quick Step

Lacey's hurt this week but she's still performing. I really hope Mark doesn't do any kung-fu today. Mark stumbles a bit but recovers quickly. Overall, their routine was good and his footwork was pretty good.

Bruno points out he was on his heels when he should have been on his toes. Baz tells him that he had a great recovery. Carrie Ann tells him to breathe a little bit more. Essentially, his trip at the beginning is going to lower his score. They score a 21 with 7s across the board. The judges are being very nice tonight and probably because they don't have Len to rip into everyone.

Mya and Dmitry Chaplin - Jive

Dmitry and Mya blow the competition out of the water within the first couple of seconds. They've put together a cute routine about a hottie going after a nerd boy. Their footwork is dead on and the audience gives them a standing ovation.

Baz calls it "the real deal." He also has to tell them they told a great story, which is a shocker. Carrie Ann tells Mya that she disappears through the dances and that doesn't sound like a compliment. Bruno calls them Josephine Baker and Clark Kent. Remember when I said that it wasn't fair to have Mya in this competition? She's so good. They score a 27 with 9s across the board.

Tom DeLay and Cheryl Burke - Tango

Gross, I really don't want to see Tom DeLay do the tango. Poor Cheryl. This could be the end of her. His footwork starts off clumsy and awkward but he gets into it a bit. It's not altogether as horrible as I expected. Wait, no, it is. He almost drops her on her head at the end. And there are a bunch of old women watching him. He looks like he's in pain at the end.

Carrie Ann said that she liked it up until the end. Then she tells him to squeeze "them together sir." Tom Bergeron says that typically, that's not his problem. Oh I love Republican jokes. Bruno called it distinguished and determined but it went to pieces. Tom admits that fellow house representatives think he's crazy. They score an 18 with 6s across the board.

Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson - Jive

What's the opposite of a cougar? Donny might be pulling this off with Kym. He looks at her weird. I kid. I kid. They take off on the jive and Donny's nailing it this week. He really doesn't dance like a 51 year old. I can't help how much I enjoy his version of "Secret Agent Man." He hits all the moves and just really plays to the audience. He's been a performer his whole life so it's no surprise but it's still wildly entertaining.

Bruno says, "mission accomplished" and then says that he did a very, very, very good jive. Baz points out he dances great for a 51 year old. Carrie Ann stops and points out Kym's outfit, which is hot. They score a 25 with individual judges' scores of 8, 9, and 8.

Aaron and Karina and Mya and Dmitry are on top this week. Be sure to vote for your favorites if you want them to stick around. They are really moving through the celebrities this year. What did you think of tonight's episode? Who do you think will be eliminated?

Dancing With The Stars, Season 9, Week 2 - Results Night, September 29th

How the heck did Tom DeLay and Cheryl Burke avoid elimination? Not only is he a disgraced former congressman, he's a poor dancer who has a stress fracture in his foot. He nearly fell and dropped his partner at the end of their routine!
rolleyes.gif

http://www.buddytv.c...week-31525.aspx

'Dancing with the Stars' - Week 2, Live Results
Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Week two of Dancing with the Stars is about to come to a close but before it does, we must say goodbye to one more couple. Some might say that tonight's elimination is obvious, but you never know how the public scores will affect our dancers. For those that don't know what I'm talking about, I'm 90% positive that Kathy Ireland will be going home tonight. She hasn't connected with her partner Tony Dovolani yet and I'm afraid it's too late. Like I said, I could be wrong but I guess we'll just wait and see.

To remind you, the Dancing with the Stars judges' rankings are:
1. Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff - Quick Step = 27 points
1. Mya and Dmitry Chaplin - Jive = 27 points
3. Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson - Jive = 25 points
6. Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo - Quick Step = 21 points
6. Debi Mazar and Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Tango = 21 points
6. Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer - Quick Step = 21 points
8. Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova - Quick Step = 20 points
8. Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough - Jive = 20 points
12. Chuck Liddell and Anna Trebunskaya - Tango = 19 points
12. Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas - Jive = 19 points
12. Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower - Jive = 19 points
12. Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel - Tango = 19 points
14. Kathy Ireland and Tony Dovolani - Quick Step = 18 points
14. Tom DeLay and Cheryl Burke - Tango = 18 points

There were so many ties this week. Honestly, without Len Goodman, the judges all go soft. If you want a more accurate depiction of the performances last night, check out our performance rankings.

Anyways, we're off! Once again, Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris introduce the 14 couples and then we go through a recap of the performances last night. Mya and Dmitry Chaplin's Jive wins Judge's pick this week. And they do an amazing repeat performance. Go Team DMya!

The first safe couples are:
Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson
Mya and Dmitry Chaplin

I'm going to honest and say that I have no idea who Joss Stone is. It's okay music I suppose. I mean I would never listen to it. But then again, I'm in to Kelly Clarkson, Britney Spears, Lea Michele, and Black Eyed Peas at the moment.

There's a montage about the new dance studio that Dancing with the Stars made for all the contestants. It's boring. And way too long. I don't want to know about the colors of the walls you dance next to. Donny feels like they're all "Osmonds." That's scary. 14 Osmonds? Wait, 28 Osmonds. They contestants spy and gossip and dance. Boring. I like it when they fight with each other. I love it when they flirt with each other. Where's that?

The next couples safe are:

Still in jeopardy:

I'm not sure if this means that they are in the bottom two. It seems unlikely. What determines if someone's safe or if someone's still in jeopardy if they aren't in the final two though? Especially because they just told me they were revealing them in no particular order.

Okay, I know Selena Gomez released her CD today but why is she on Dancing with the Stars? A Miley Cyrus video last week and Selena Gomez this week? Did the Disney channel take over talent booking this year? I will give her props for using a live band though. She has musical talent and I secretly hope that she is dating Taylor Lautner. That's a whole other issue though.

The next couples safe are:
Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas

Still in jeopardy:

There's a montage about the professional dancers teaching the celebrities to break all their bad habits. We have hunched shoulders, breath holders, and talkers this year. Next we have the USC Trojan marching band and dancers. The start from outside the studio and march right into the studio. The first Trojan dancers are subpar but then again, I only think that because I just watched the finale of America's Best Dance Crew. The Trojan Step Crew however is amazing and tears up the dance floor. Then the first group of dancers comes out again and just do a bunch of spins that shock but don't awe.

Joss Stone sings again and then we're back to results:

Next Couple Safe:

Couple in Jeopardy:

So there are three couples left in jeopardy. Kathy Ireland and Tony Dovolani, Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower, and Debi Mazar and Maksim Chmerkovskiy.

The safe couples are:

The eliminated couple is:

For those following along with me tonight, I'd like to apologize for our technical difficulties. I informed our tech crew halfway through the show and they are still trying to get it figured out. We should be all fixed by next week.

What did you think of the show tonight? Were you shocked that Debi and Maksim were in the bottom two? I know you weren't shocked that Kathy was going home because I already told you that at the beginning of the night. How are you liking this season of Dancing with the Stars?

Dancing With The Stars, Season 9, Week 3 - Dance Night, October 5th.

http://www.buddytv.c...k-th-31666.aspx
Dancing with the Stars: Week 3 Performances, Live Thoughts
Monday, October 05, 2009
-Kim Wetter, BuddyTV Staff Columnist

Will the third week be the charm on Dancing With the Stars? Watch along with me and find out. It's Latin night tonight and we'll get to see who can bring the sexy to the dance floor. God, I hope it's not Tom Delay. Please don't let it be Tom Delay. But you know what Latin night means? Hot outfits. You're kind of excited, aren't you?

Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris start the evening off by introducing our remaining stars. If you're confused as to who the favorites are, check out the power rankings at the bottom of the page. If you haven't been keeping up with me, I have two names for you Natalie Coughlin and Louie Vito. Our Olympic champions have spirit and energy.

Tom Delay might not be dancing tonight. His pre-stress fracture has turned into a full blown fracture. They're not telling us whether or not he's performing and what that means.

Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer - Rumba

Mark and Lacey will be trying to slow things down tonight. They flow well together and Mark is using his hips in a way most men can't. It's not a wow performance but they look like they know what they're doing. I'm a bit thrown by the facial expressions going on in this dance. Maybe they just had a fight before going on stage?

Len Goodman tells Mark that he was too hard and because of that, there was no chemistry. Bruno Tonioli tells them that they lacked fluidity. Carrie Ann Inaba tells him that he needs to find confidence and sensuality. She goes as far to say that it was uncomfortable to watch. I agree Carrie Ann. I agree. The judges give them an 18 with 6s across the board.

Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough - Samba

Joanna is hoping to wow us tonight. Maybe Derek is trying to wow us tonight with that gross mustache. What is that Derek? Derek comes swinging in on a rope and I'm happy to see his mustache shadow is missing. Derek starts to take over the routine with his stage presence. I almost forget that Joanna is there. Her face is lazy and she's just following Derek. At one point it looks like he's choking her as she sambas in front of him. That's awkward.

Bruno calls it full of excitement and life. Carrie Ann tells her that she's fearless. Len tells them that it had quality stamped all over it. He loved it. Am I the only one that thought she was bland? Probably. Derek's just so overwhelming to me. The judges give them individual scores of 7, 8 and 8 with a total of 23 points.

Mya and Dmitry Chaplin - Rumba

Mya was in the number one spot last week so let's see if she can keep it up. She claims that she can't understand the romantic feel of the rumba so she dresses up the dance studio to make it more romantic. The romantic feel is definitely on stage tonight. Dmitry and Mya simmer on stage. Not to mention their footwork is great again. Dmitry gets a little too happy while dancing though. No smiles Dmitry, sultry looks are needed for this dance. Mya gets an easy standing ovation.

Carrie Ann said she had chills throughout the entire performance. Len Goodman says, "Be still my beating heart." Len tries to criticize the performance by saying there was too much going on. Everyone boos him and Bruno tries to shush him. Bruno says that they put all of America in the mood for love because Mya is the embodiment of a seductress. The judges' individual scores are 10, 7, and 10. Len is the only one to downgrade his performance. Mya gets the first 10s of the season, beating Aaron Carter, and that's all I really care about.

Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas - Samba

Melissa Joan Hart was most improved last week. She looks incredibly focused during the performance but it's technically okay. Anyone who has to follow Mya is at a serious disadvantage. It's great for Sabrina the teenage witch though. Different standards people. Different standards. She gets into as she goes and looks like she's having a ton of fun.

Len Goodman thought it went really excellent because they performed it. Bruno tells her she improved this week because Melissa switched "it" on. Carrie Ann tells her that she's coming more out of her shell but the fear is still there. That's the best description of how I feel. She seems like she's having fun but there's still something a bit off about it. They score a total of 19 with individual judges' scores of 6, 6 and 7.

Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower - Rumba

I'm so excited to see Chelsie and Louie rumba. You can definitely feel Chelsie and Louie's chemistry as they start to dance. Vito Suave rocks the floor and Chelsie looks really into things. I love this couple. They are on fire. I can't even say anything else.

Bruno screams, "That's chemistry!" but tells them that there's still work to do. Carrie Ann calls it cute and points out that their chemistry worked them through their performance. Louie also gives a nice frame. Len says it was hectic and messy and really didn't like it. I think he got too uncomfortable being nice earlier in the evening and is trying to make up for it now. That was hot. I don't know what you're talking about. They receive a score of 20 with judges' scores of 8, 5, and 7. Len really low-balled them.

Debi Mazar and Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Samba

Debi was in the bottom two last week so Maksim brings in Mel B to give her some inspiration. They have an performance planned out for us this week and it takes off without a hitch. Debi is wearing this peacock skirt that really makes her hips move. When she has to dance unconnected to Maksim, however, she doesn't look as confident.

Carrie Ann called it safe and points out that when she turns, she looks worried. Debi admits that she is afraid of the turns. Len says it's like cooking: they have all the ingredients but it just doesn't taste right. Bruno tells Debi to put her hands on Maksim because that'll help. I think that would help anyone, my friend. Bruno was the only judge to point out the problems with her footwork. They score a 17 with individual scores of 6, 5 and 6. With Debi's low scores, she'll really need the viewer votes to stay in this week.

Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson - Rumba

Donny doesn't strike me as the sexy type but he will probably go reverse cougar on Kym tonight. It'll be hilarious if he does. When it starts, I can already tell he's going to that "too effeminate" definition that Len mentioned earlier. It gets better but he still looks a bit like he's doing a dance from the 1970s. They can't even hold the sexual look at the end without busting up laughing. It's just not Donny's forte.

Len said he was worried about the dance but Donny did a great job. Bruno said it was a bit "airy fairy" and Donny grabs him and shows him how he can be sexual. It's uncomfortable. Donny grabs the mic and says that they won't let him back in Utah anymore. Carrie Ann speaks up and says, "That was a bit awkward." She said he was daring doing a solo but he was off. They clearly favor Donny because that was not great. If Len gives him a higher score than Louie and Chelsie, I quit. Seriously? And he does. 7s across the board for a 21. Really Len? Really? Donny did better than Louie?

Let's take a breather and chat with Paula Abdul. She should be a judge. She's semi coherent when she calls Len Goodman Len Badmen and then tells Carrie Ann that they should make out. I'm not sure what just happened or what she just said but thank god for Paula Abdul. Gimme more.

Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova - Samba

Michael and Anna had problems this week. Michael walks a bit stocky. His routine looks more out of the 1970s than Donny's. Anna's not the best choreographer and this was clearly a horrible song choice. Michael is rocking the pink though and moves his hips with the best of them. For me, they just spent too much time apart during the routine.

Bruno tells Michael that he dances like a tank. Carrie Ann thinks that the problem is that he's dancing too small. He's trying to put these small moves together and should just use the entire space. Len tries to give him credit by explaining that it's a very difficult dance but Michael didn't do it well. They score a total of 14 with individual judges' scores of 5, 4, and 5. Len gives the lowest score of the night thus far to Michael and so far, he deserves it.

Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo - Rumba

I have no idea why I love Natalie as much as i do, but she's clearly my favorite, with Louie and Chelsie coming in a close second. I think if she had as much chemistry with Alec as Louie does with Chelsie, she'd be unstoppable. Alec Mazo brings in his wife Edyta Sliwinska to help Natalie be sexy. It appears to have worked because she's incredibly sexy on the dance floor and she's wearing an Edyta-esque outfit (i.e. not much clothing). It's hotter than Louie and Chelsie's almost because there's a lot of very sexual movement. Louie and Chelsea had the chemistry but Natalie and Alec have the moves.

Carrie Ann said it was intense and dramatic and she lived up to all her expectations. Len thought it was an excellent performance. Bruno said, "I knew you could fly but you've gone stratospheric. You sexy beast!" All of the judges agree that Natalie's performance was amazing. I. love. her. They score a total of 26 with individual judges' scores of 9, 8 and 9. Does Len always have to score the couple one point below Bruno and Carrie Ann? Is that a requirement? I don't care what the scores are, that's easily one of the most memorable performances of the night.

Chuck Liddell and Anna Trebunskaya - Samba

Hopefully Chuck doesn't look like a big ogre tonight. He's definitely dressed flamboyantly but his steps are very heavy and he doesn't bend and move as easily as the samba requires. This week is probably the hardest week for Chuck because he's not turning on the performance like he did in the previous two weeks. The audience still loves it though. And Chuck thought he did great as he gives a fist pump after finishing and says, "At least it was entertaining."

Len congratulates Anna for doing a great job with Chuck because he was entertained. Bruno calls it a samba from zombietown but zombietown is a hit. Carrie Ann calls it rough but she said he has the right attitude for this competition. They liked it more than I did, that's for sure. They score a total of 17 with individual judges' scores of 6, 5 and 6. That puts them above Michael.

Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff - Rumba

Aaron's interviews are still as rehearsed and cheesy as ever. Karina spends their rehearsal times trying to get Aaron to calm down and be sexy. Ugh. What is he wearing? They might get hit for it not being a traditional rumba but the audience loves it. Aaron stumbles a bit, which means he won't be getting a 10 tonight. Karina and Aaron have a lot less chemistry than Louie and Chelsie and Natalie and Marc.

Bruno says that the performance lacked fluidity. Carrie Ann tells him to tone it down but says that he was still sexy. Len points out that Aaron's arms are just being flung about and that he lacks musicality. Oh how the mighty have fallen. They score a 21 with individual judges' scores of 8, 6 and 7.

Tom DeLay and Cheryl Burke - Samba

Tom DeLay doesn't want to give up on the competition despite the fact that he has a stress fracture in both feet. The producers and his doctor have advised him to drop out but he says, "What's a little pain when you can party?" Tom is dressed up in all republican gear. I don't know if that's supposed to help their votes. This makes me uncomfortable. I almost feel as if I'm watching a political statement with Tom DeLay choosing to stay in the competition despite his health risks. Am I the only one that feels uncomfortable by this?

Whatever, Tom's going to perform. They are dancing to "Why Can't We Be Friends?" and I notice now that Cheryl is dressed up in Democrat gear with her blue dress. This is a political statement. He pulls off the performance but I'm not uncomfortable anymore. Tom's really trying to help his image and along the way he's making a good point about our two party system of government.

Carrie Ann says that it wasn't as exciting as it could be. Len gives Tom credit for dancing with his stress fractures. Bruno calls Tom a "Super Trooper" (Yay ABBA!). They are being very nice with him due to his injuries.They score a 15 with individual judges' scores of 6, 4, and 5.

Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel - Samba

After last week, Kelly wanted to leave. Louis is on her side though. He says that when she focuses, "she is a diamond." Kelly looks confident and they are dancing to Lady Gaga, which is awesome. Kelly really has it back this week. She's happy and prepared. Their footwork looks the most put together of the evening and Kelly's turns are spot on. It really was fabulous.

Len tells Kelly that her problem is confidence. He's convinced she's a good dancer but she has to convince herself that she can be a great dancer. Bruno tells her to forget about doubt because she really hit some major parts this week. Carrie Ann points out that when she's on, she's on and her technique is ridiculous. Meaning, awesome. The celebrities backstage give Louis and Kelly a huge round of applause as they walk in. They score a 20 with individual judges scores of 7, 6, and 7.

What did you think of tonight? It's all Mya, Natalie, and Louie for me. I can't get their routines out of my head. Who's with me?

Dancing With The Stars, Season 9, Week 3 - Results Night, October 6th

What was with having two good Celebrity dancers in the "Celebs in danger of getting kicked out" group? Debi/Maksim, Michael/Anna, Aaron/Karina, and Joanna/Derek.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/dancing-with-the-stars/dancing-with-the-stars-week-3-31707.aspx
Dancing with the Stars: Week 3, Live Results
Tuesday, October 06, 2009

It's week 3 and things are already heating up. Not necessarily with the competition but definitely between some of the competitors. Last night's performances were all around good but some were downright sexy. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, please check out our performance rankings from last night. The couples who were amazing are obvious (Louie/Chelsie, Mya/Dmitry, and Natalie/Alec) but the couples who weren't amazing aren't as easy to pinpoint. My pick for tonight: Michael and Anna. This might not be relevant though as rumor is Tom DeLay will be exiting the competition tonight due to his injuries. Although I'm sad Cheryl won't be performing anymore, I know it's for the best.

Tom Bergeron clears things up right away and tells us that if Tom DeLay decides to remove himself from the competition an elimination will still happen, which means we could see two couples go home tonight.

Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris start the evening off by recapping the previous evening. It surprises me they put Kelly Osbourne at the semi-top of the list with Joanna Krupa. The middle of the pack was obvious though. Tom's recap agrees of the best performances of the night with my analysis above (Louie, Mya, Natalie). The judges pick Chuck Liddell and Anna Trebunskaya's Samba for the recap dance. That's a weird choice. It was fun, sure, but I'd much rather see one of the top three again.

Queen Latifah performs "Fast Car" with Maksim and Cheryl dancing. It's been forever since I've heard a Queen Latifah song. I'm not sure she's keeping her sound current enough. Maksim and Cheryl easily take over and make the whole performance interesting. Latifah needs to get a bit harder and less Motown, although I guess this song is perfect for Dancing with the Stars.

First safe couples:

Still in jeopardy:

No shock there. Samantha appeases Aaron and talks to him about his fake crying. Karina can be seen laughing in the foreground. She doesn't buy it either. Good to know. Luckily we move away from Aaron time and they show a video clip about how hard dancing is for inexperienced stars. We come back to the stage to get the news on Tom DeLay.

Tom DeLay has officially dropped out of the competition.

No surprises here. Tom Bergeron offers to let Tom DeLay come back for the finale to do the Texas Two Step.

The first safe women are:
Mya and Dmitry Chaplin

Still in jeopardy:

There's the first surprise of the night although it doesn't mean much. Now it's time to hear about the four remaining men.

Safe in the competition:
Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson

Still in jeopardy:

Maybe that'll deflate Aaron's head. Most of our viewers think that Michael and Anna are going home. Do you agree with them? Sabrina Bryan has been voted to be part of the ABC's Design a Dance.

Jabbawockeez are up next, which is awesome. I recently became a fan of America's Best Dance Crew and love that the Jabbawockeez are still getting some love. I'm confused as to what they are doing in their performance though. They are a hip hop dance crew. This is some Gene Kelly stuff. They get into it but not for long. Altogether, I've seen better. More recently with AfroBorike. Mark Ballas helped out though, so that makes any dance better, even a subpar Jabbawockeez routine.

Queen Latifah is now going to sing "Easy On Down the Road," which already sounds like it's too Motown. But, she's rocking some amazing shoes. Those aren't just tennis shoes, those are fashion. But, I was right, this song is boring and the Queen clearly lost her hold on popular music. Well, I'm not sure she ever had it but still. She tries to dance, which I give her props for. She should stick to feel good movies.

We go to a video of predicting this season's winner. Steve Wozniak and some ESPN writer use math and statistics to try to predict the winner. ESPN guy picks Natalie and Aaron for the last two. Steve picks Donny and Mya. The toddler picks Melissa Joan Hart to win it.

The next two couples safe are:
Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas

Still in jeopardy:

Well, we're down to four. Debi/Maksim, Michael/Anna, Aaron/Karina, and Joanna/Derek.

The couples who are safe are:

The bottom two are: Debi/Maksim and Michael/Anna.

The safe couple is:

The eliminated couple tonight is:

Well that was a bit of a shock. It appears Debi doesn't have any fans to keep her afloat. Do you think she deserved to go home? Who are your favorites?

Dancing With The Stars, Season 9, Week 4 - Dance Night, October 12th.

http://www.buddytv.c...ek-4-31829.aspx
Dancing with the Stars: Week 4 Performances, Live Thoughts
Monday, October 12, 2009
-John Kubicek, BuddyTV Senior Writer

Tonight is a night of 4s on Dancing with the Stars. It's week 4. There are four new dances for the couples to perform. Four is also the number of times I plan on reminiscing about how I'd rather watch Tom DeLay dance than Michael Irvin. And finally, four is probably the score Len Goodman will give Mya and Dmitry Chaplin for no real reason at all.

So put on your cowboy boots and prepare for the Forbidden Dance. This is Dancing with the Stars, and I'm here for two wild and crazy hours. And two is half of four.

From the entrances, it seems Aaron Carter and Dmitry Chaplin are in a heated battle for the fewest buttons buttoned on their shirts. Meanwhile, Mark Ballas has a big stupid fake mustache. Oh bother.

Because of the new styles, Lifts are acceptable! Lift, people, lift!

Chuck Liddell and Anna Trebunskaya - Country Two-Step

Chuck is happy to wear jeans and Anna is happy to let him lift her. They do the Boot Scoot Boogie starting off with Chuck lassoing himself a Russian. I don't think it's impossible for him to be a worse dancer. They take full advantage of the Lift Ban by having Chuck lift her three times, each less graceful than the previous one. The judges are a little too nice because they're amused by him, or because they're terrified that if they criticize him too harshly, he'll rip their heads off. I'd be generous and give them a 4.

Chuck and Anna's Score: 6+5+6=17

That's a bit generous, but fair enough.

Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas - Charleston

Mark admits this is actually the first time he's done the Charleston, which is not a good start. They go to a 1920s club and while acting may help Melissa's performance, it turns Mark into an insufferably campy ham. Their dance begins in black and white just like the 1920s, and it's full of energy, but my problem is that Mark Ballas is carrying Melissa, literally. He's over-the-top and performing at about a 15, which overshadows his partner. Still, the judges lavish on the praise. I'd give them a 7.

Melissa and Mark's Score: 9+9+10=28.

Wow, Melissa just sky-rocketed 9 whole points, and the judges LOVED that.

Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo - Bolero

They struggle with choreography, but their performance is breathtaking. Natalie is gorgeous, sexy, limber and stunning. I was enamored, and I don't care what Carrie Ann Inaba has to say about it in a negative way. This was genius, I loved the emotion, and I'm giving them a 10, I don't care what the experts say.

Natalie and Alec's Score: 8+8+8=24.

That's a higher score than I expected after the rough judging, so good for them.

Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff - Lambada

After last week's performance, Aaron was a huge cry baby and was consoled by Michael Irvin in a moment of pure hilarity. Aaron wants to add some gymnastics to the performance, so I hope he nails them, otherwise he might cry again. Wow, people get a little nuts when you lift the Lift Ban. It's OK, but the fact that Aaron still looks like a 12-year-old hosting "Aaron's Party" makes it impossible for Aaron to add any sex appeal into it. Bruno Tonioli wanted Aaron to be Gilles Marini, and I think every woman in America agrees. The judges smack him down for trying so hard and turning people off with his smarmy attitude. Ha! I give it a 6.

Aaron and Karina's Score: 6+6+6=18.

Ouch, but finally I;m in total agreement. Aaron promises he won't cry. I would say "Don't cry for me, Aaron Carter," except I really, really want to see him cry again.

Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer - Country Two-Step

I don't know why, but Asians and country music are like peas and carrots in my mind, so seeing Mark in a giant shiny belt buckle seems perfectly normal to me. Mark's rehearsal is improved when his three adorable kids show up. Their dance is full of energy and, oddly enough, even sexier than Aaron and Karina's Lambada, but my main problem is that there was nothing country about it besides their outfits. The judges' main problem is sloppy footwork.Still, I'd give them a 7.

Mark and Lacey's Score: 8+7+7=22.

Hey, after a rocky start, I'm finally starting to get into the rhythm of the judges.

Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel - Charleston

Their routine is centered around Cabaret, and Kelly is a closet Broadway fan, which makes me think, in another lifetime, she and I could've been great friends. Their performance is pure fun, and I find Kelly delightful and charming, but she still seemed a little hesitant to me. Bruno shocks the world (by which I mean no one) by admitting he's a Liza fan. I'd want to give it an 8.5 if I could give half-points.

Kelly and Louis' Score: 8+7+8=23.

Wow, I guess I was even more of a fan than the judges.

Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough - Lambada

Joanna is desperate for a 10, and Derek is just happy to be grinding and with a supermodel. If he weren't such a sweet and innocent adorable dude from Utah, Derek would be 10 times smarmier than Aaron Carter. They take some time out of their schedule to give a stray dog a bath, which just makes me love these two even more. Derek kicks it off by taking his shirt off while Joanna pops up behind Len and gives him a kiss on the cheek. From start to finish, it is sexy, sexy, sexy, and it deserves 10s from everyone. Bruno, like a sexual squirrel, has enough nuts stored away for six months.

Joanna and Derek's Score: 9+8+9=26.

Seriously? That was the sexiest damn thing I've ever seen, how the hell do they NOT get a 30?

Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson - Charleston

Objectively I understand the appeal of Donny. He's the kind of guy my grandma would call sweet before offering him a hard candy. However, the Charleston is all about a fun, theatrical performance, and Donny is right in his element. He makes it very entertaining. I'd probably give them an 8.

Donny and Kym's Score: 8+8+8=24.

That sounds just right.

Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova - Bolero

They feel bad about being in the bottom, so with some help, they vow to get to the top. The choreography is deceptively brilliant because all Michael does is stand there, walk a few steps, then stretch his arms out. He does absolutely nothing. Luckily, the judges also noticed this, but Len is willing to overlook it. They probably deserve a 3.

Michael and Anna's Score: 5+6+5=16.

The audience boos, but that's about 10 points higher than they deserve.

Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower - Country Two-Step

To get into the country mood, they take a trip to the ranch of Chelsie's previous partner, cowboy Ty Murray. As you'd expect, Louie makes a terrible cowboy, and even a bale of hay knocks him down. On the dance floor, it's fine and effortless, but I'm mostly impressed by how fun and charming these two are. The dance isn't great, and the judges pan them, but I still like them a ton. They deserve a 6, or a 7 if you're feeling generous.

Louie and Chelsie's Score: 5+5+6=16.

Yikes, that's not good. Seriously, you're saying that was as bad as Michael?

Mya and Dmitry Chaplin - Lambada

Everyone (except Len) thinks these two are the best, so they plan on winning him over. Basically, they come out and deliver a sexy dance and they prove that they're about one million times better than any other couple on Dancing with the Stars. It's not even fair, really, because these two are so wildly better than everyone else. Len explains that his standards are higher for these two because they're so much better. They deserve a 30 in the worst way.

Mya and Dmitry's Score: 10+8+10=28.

COME ON!!! That is the worst 28 ever, because Len is being a total hard-ass against these two for no reason.

That's the end of the show. Melissa certainly earns most improved, and I'd say Chuck and Michael are in the most danger, though I could definitely see a surprise with Mark, Aaron or even Louie going home.

I'm picking Michael Irvin to go home. Chuck Liddell is interesting because he is out of his element but is trying hard.

In retrospect, Tom DeLay was a better dancer than Michael Irvin and Chuck Liddell.

Aaron Carter is being perceived as a cry-baby. The home voters may turn on him despite his early brilliance.

Dancing With The Stars, Season 9, Week 4 - Results Night, October 13th

Why was Aaron Carter in the Bottom Two?
blink.gif

Chuck Liddell & Michael Irvin belong in the Bottom Two. It must have been the producers trying to generate suspense by making him appear in danger of elimination prematurely.
tongue.gif

http://www.buddytv.c...ek-4-31858.aspx
Dancing with the Stars: Week 4 Live Results
Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The song is about to come to an end for the sixth couple on this season of Dancing with the Stars. Four couples have plenty to be nervous about, as does Bruno Tonioli, because the sight of special guest performer Shakira shaking her hips could very easily turn him straight. But he has a secret antidote to Shakira, and it comes in the form of a possible encore performance from a shirtless Derek Hough.

Live, from Hollywood, this is Dancing with the Stars! But first, why not find out which DWTS judge you are in BuddyTV's newest personality quiz. I was Carrie Ann Inaba, which is weird.

One quick look at the judges' scores and you see four couples are in serious trouble (those getting 5s and 6s), four couples are holding down the middle (those with 7s and 8s) and three couples are way out in front (those who have 9s or 10s).

Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova: 5+6+5=16
Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower: 5+5+6=16
Chuck Liddell and Anna Trebunskaya: 6+5+6=17
Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff: 6+6+6=18

Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer: 8+7+7=22
Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel: 8+7+8=23
Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson: 8+8+8=24
Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo: 8+8+8=24

Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough: 9+8+9=26
Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas: 9+9+10=28
Mya and Dmitry Chaplin: 10+8+10=28

Judges' Encore: Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas' Charleston

WTF? Why are we not watching Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough's sexy, sexy Lambada again, as the judges promised last night? Oh well, on second look, I liked this dance much better than the first time, because I completely ignored Mark Ballas and only watched Melissa, who was pretty good. However, Bruno's 10 was quite generous, because it wasn't flawless.

Shakira Performance: "Did It Again"

She's surrounded by geishas playing drums. And this is my second "WTF?" moment of this Dancing with the Stars results show. When I get Shakira, I don't want geishas, I want hot Latin rhythms and lots of hip thrusting, not a bunch of geishas banging the drum slowly.

Results

Mya and Dmitry are SAFE.
Melissa and Mark are SAFE.
Aaron and Karina are in the BOTTOM 2!

Wow, I guess Carrie Ann was right and he really is unlikable. Aaron still doesn't seem to understand what he's doing wrong. I'd say leaving that many unbuttoned buttons on your shirt is a bad start, especially when you have the same body you did when you were a 12-year-old boy.

The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love

Tom Bergeron takes some time to officially confirm that Jake Pavelka from the latest season of The Bachelorette will be the next Bachelor. His season will premiere in January, and because he's a pilot, it will be subtitled "On the Wings of Love." I'm not entirely sure whether that's serious or a joke, which is certainly a bad sign. On the bright side, at least he might knock that Sully guy out of being America's Favorite Pilot.

More Results

Kelly and Louis are SAFE.
Natalie and Alec are SAFE.
Joanna and Derek are SAFE.

Well no duh.

Mark and Lacey are SAFE.
Michael and Anna are SAFE.

WTF? WTF? WTF? Michael Irvin is safe? If Louie Vito goes home, I will kill people.

Shakira Performance: "Hips Don't Lie"

Huh, that was...dull. It was like she's tired of this song and wants nothing to do with it. Come on, Shakira, embrace your pure sexuality and get dirty with it!

Even More Results

Donny and Kym are SAFE.
Louie and Chelsie are SAFE.
Chuck and Anna are in the BOTTOM 2.

Whew, thank God Louie is safe.

The couple eliminated is...CHUCK LIDDELL AND ANNA TREBUNSKAYA!

I can't same I'm sorry to see them go, since Chuck wasn't very good, but he was definitely more entertaining than Michael Irvin.

Dancing With The Stars, Season 9, Week 5 - Dance Night, October 19th.

Donny Osmond was tonight's best dancer with a score of 10 + 9 + 10: 29
biggrin.gif

http://www.associate...tars.html?cat=2
Scary Hair, the 70's and the Bad Boy's Return
October 19, 2009
by Sherry W

You may deny it, but you know you're dying to know what happened on Dancing with the Stars Fall 2009 's fifth week of competition. (Seriously, I know you are.) I'm here and hoppin' to fill you in on the latest DWTS news and funstuffs, including color commentary on the return of co-host Samantha Harris' scary Halloween hair, why model Joanna Krupa ditched Derek Hough in favor of Maksim Chmerkovskiy, what LaToya Jackson was doing in the ballroom, and who Len Goodman likened to Robert Pattinson and praised for comin' back to Papa. Read on for all of the juicy DWTS season 9 details from this halfway-through-the-season-9 show.

either the Argentine Tango or the Paso Doble during this fifth week of DWTS season 9 competition. The Argentine Tango is passion; the Paso Doble is aggression. Very simply put, of course.

Up first were Olympic medal-winning swimmer Natalie Coughlin and partner Alec Mazo, whose most recent dance, the Bolero, the judges criticized as lacking passion and chemistry. Natalie and Alec's Paso Doble was set to American Woman, which is a kickin' tune and perfect for a badass athlete like Natalie. She looked super-smooth. I wish she'd looked just an iota less tentative at times, but hey, I guess I'd be pretty tentative if I was on Dancing with the Stars, too. Something about millions of viewers and all. Head judge Len Goodman said "everything you do is clean and precise" but told Natalie and Alec to "get a little bit more chemistry between the two of you". Bruno Tonioli called her "the wonder woman" but called the dance itself "wonderless". Carrie Ann Inaba called her "a great student" but also put on her Lift-Nazi Hat and called them out for including a lift (whaaaa?). Wha choo talkin' 'bout, Carrie Ann? Lift my posterior! Crazy woman! Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo's Dancing with the Stars Fall 2009 week 5 scores: 7, 8, 7 = 22.

Aaron Carter, who was most recently told to "chill out" by Carrie Ann after his spastic Lambada left America screaming No! No! NO! Aaron and partner Karina Smirnoff's dance started off red-hot, but fizzled. Aaron did a whola lotta standing around while Karina pranced and pouted and played sex kitten-in-a-red-dress. More substance! He can dance. He can. I just want to see more dancing and less prancing. Bruno said "you've done exactly what I've asked you to do" and "it was something like watching Robert Pattinson tangoing during Twilight". (I thought Aaron was going to burst into tears of joy.) Carrie Ann, after collecting a make-up kiss from Aaron, praised the dance as "grounded". Len finished the review by saying "the last couple of week's you've been... like a little boy who's lost his daddy... but you've come back to me!" Clearly I was wrong. Maybe I was watching the wrong couple. Whistle, whistle, whistle. Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff's Dancing with the Stars week 5 scores: 8, 8, 8 = 24.

DWTS season 9 action continued with a Paso Doble from NFL star Michael Irvin and partner Anna Demidova. Last week, Bruno likened Michael and Anna's performances to the current US economy: Down, down, down. Ouch. Okay, so the Paso is certainly Michael's type of dance: Aggressive and BIG. But at the same time, I felt like he could've danced BIGGER. DWTS is about being there in a BIG way, after all. Cool cape-swinging aside, I don't think they pulled it off as well as they could have. Carrie Ann said "finally! Favorite dance so far". Len praised his posture and the knee walks. Bruno said "keep the nickel in your butt because it's working for you". (Whoa, back up. During their rehearsals, Michael practiced his Paso with the coin in his butt to keep his back straight. Seriously.) I'm clearly way off tonight. Way, way off. Maybe it's the big bowl of Pirate's Booty I'm munching my way through. Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova's Dancing with the Stars Fall 2009 week 5 scores: 7, 7, 7 = 21.

Last week's Dancing with the Stars Fall 2009 's 'grossest dance' winner (because that Lambada was nas-TAY) Mya and partner Dmitry Chaplin kept the DWTS action going with their Argentine Tango. Gah, when I watch Mya and Dmitry dance, sometimes I want to scream 'ballroom dance doesn't have to be smarmy!' Their dances are so, so well-done and they're both such good dancers, but in my humble opinion, there's such a thing as too sexy. Especially at 8 PM on Network TV. But anyway, I'm sure the judges will eat this one up because it looked good and they're both hot. And in fairness, it wasn't horribly slutty this week. Len "I never really know what I like until I see it and I liked that". Bruno called the dance "intricate like lace" and said Mya is "a great technician", but told them to keep the emotional connection intact in the future. Carrie Ann praised the way Mya moves, but said the emotional connection was "lacking". Mya and Dmitry Chaplin's Dancing with the Stars week 5 scores: 9, 9, 9 27.

Fall 2009. They offered up a Paso Doble, and Mark hoped to show the judges "a matador and not just a lot of bull". Ha ha. Lacey's hair kind of scared me. That's my first thought. My second? Dang, Mark has the feel of this dance DOWN. Slick, smooth, sharp and in his element. And holy cow, that kick spin thingy he did in the air? Awesome. Slam, bam, thank ya Mark. You da man. Bruno said "the red devil, you're gonna sprout horns". Carrie Ann said "you were in your power" and called it "very exciting". Len said "you need posture, you need passion, you need performance. You had all three." Woot! Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer's Dancing with the Stars Fall 2009 week 5 scores: 9, 9, 8 = 26. Bruno, what the heck?! But props to Tom Bergeron for sharing my vague fear of Lacey and Samantha's crazy, finger-in-the-electric-socket hair-dos. Shuddering here.

Another Argentine Tango was in store as show biz legend Donny Osmond and partner Kym Johnson took to the Dancing with the Stars Fall 2009 ballroom floor. I can't help but love Donny. He's an enigma wrapped in a... well, you get it. Love, love, loved Donny and Kym's opening pass. Sexy, but appropriate and not at all smarmy. Props to Kym for that. As he always does, Donny hook, line and sinkered the mood of the dance, and the actual movement-parts were good, too. Niiiiice. It's crazy to think that Donny is old enough to be Kym's FATHER. Egads. Carrie Ann said "the Argentine Tango loves Donny Osmond!... I just fell in love with you.... It was so darn sexy!". Len praised "the intensity of the dance" and called it "your best dance". Bruno yelled "it's bonanza time! Finally Donny Osmond is turning into Donny Darko!", which of course led to another odd interaction between the two men. I'm torn between glossing over the weirdness and exposing it in all of its glory, but glossing wins out. Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson's Dancing with the Stars week 5 scores: 10, 9, 10 = 29. Well-deserved.

Dancing with the Stars Fall 2009 rolled on with a performance from snowboarder Louie Vito and partner Chelsie Hightower. The pair was charged with dancing the Argentine Tango. Bummer for them having to follow Donny and Kym. It's a good thing Louie and Chelsie are darn adorable together and have smokin' chemistry. Otherwise they'd be screwed with a capital S. As much as I suck up their non-smarmy cuteness like candy, I want them to give more! I want Louie to dance more. Len said "I wasn't expecting a lot and I've been so pleasantly surprised" and praised Louie for setting the mood. Bruno said "great storytelling: The Lost Boy meets the Hot Chick" but said "you have to start to dance". Carrie Ann said "it was a little pedestrian" but praised the way he "partners" Chelsie. Hmm. Interesting terminology. "Partnering." Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower's Dancing with the Stars week 5 scores: 7, 8, 7 = 22.

with their Argentine Tango. Mark's bright red shoes were really distracting. Really. I had an awful time trying to concentrate on the feet. Have pity on my poor tired eyes, DWTS! Anyway, Mama Friend was fine; the dance didn't sparkle quite as brilliantly as Donny and Kym's earlier offering, but it wasn't bad. Bruno said "you lost your steps quite a few times and I never believed you were the harlot, the woman of the night". Oof. Carrie Ann exclaimed "Disagree!" and praised her for nailing the character. Len said "it did lack a little bit of the seduction" but "you coped with all of that difficult choreography". Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas' Dancing with the Stars week 5 scores: 8, 8, 7 = 23.

Paso time with reality star Kelly Osbourne and partner Louie van Amstel! I'm not sure how Miss Giggles is going to cope with performing such an aggressive dance on DWTS season 9. Makes me giggle a bit myself. Kelly had the added challenge of dancing to one of her dad Ozzy Osbourne's songs - Crazy Train - to boot! Ooh, more finger in the socket hair here. Very apropos. The opening pass was awesome. Great energy, great attitude. Sweet. I thought it lost a little sparkle and heat over time, but all in all, not bad! Daddy should be proud of Miss Giggles. Carrie Ann told her to keep her confidence because "it is all there, honey". Len praised her for getting rid of the nerves. Bruno agreed with Carrie Ann and told her to "stay on it". Kelly Osbourne and Louie van Amstel's Dancing with the Stars Fall 2009 week 5 scores: 8, 8, 8 = 24.

And then there was one. Last to dance: Model Joanna Krupa and temp partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy with an Argentine Tango. Joanna didn't reeeaallly boot Derek Hough; he contracted the flu this past week and was unable to perform. Welcome back Maks. Holy smokin' chicken, that was hot in a sophistocated way. Nothing against Mr. Hough because he's fab, but there was a maturity to this dance that only the Bad Boy of the Ballroom can bring. Bruno said "I was living my fantasies up until that stumble". Shoot, I missed the stumble; woot for the DVR. Len said "I think you did a great job under the circumstances", and Carrie Ann agreed. She also told Joanna to work on her flexibility. Joanna Krupa and Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Dancing with the Stars week 5 scores: 8, 8, 8 = 24.

home. I always approach these Dancing with the Stars mainstays with a healthy mixture of dread and anticipation. I always expect someone to fall down, but no one ever does. I was born during the 70s, and routines like this one make me glad I don't remember the decade of disco. Fun, but whoa thar, sideburns and scary prints! Though I confess: I like some of the dresses. It's my birthright to be drawn to 70s fashion. Self-discovery, table for one. But we're talking DWTS season 9 here. It was a fun dance. A bit crazy and manic and over the top, but fun. And fun is largely what matters for group dances. Bruno called it "sublime and ridiculous at the same time". Carrie Ann essentially agreed. Len praised Mark Dacascos, Aaron Carter and Donny Osmond in particular and said it was good.

So what's what happened on Dancing with the Stars week 5. Who goes home tomorrow? Shucks, I don't know. They were all good tonight, so it's hard to pick, but I'll stick with Michael Irvin, and also put Louie Vito in the bottom two. Not that I don't like the guys; I think they're both starting to step up. But I think perhaps they're the weakest links at the moment and fair is fair.

Tune in to tomorrow night's Dancing with the Stars results show. The show will feature a tribute to the late pop superstar Michael Jackson and much more. Or you can just check in with me. You know I'll be watching.

----

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/dancing-with-the-stars/dancing-with-the-stars-week-5-32005.aspx
Dancing with the Stars: Week 5 Performances, Live Thoughts
Monday, October 19, 2009
- John Kubicek, BuddyTV Senior Writer

After last week's four exciting new dances, complete with a ban on the Lift Ban, things are getting back to normal on Dancing with the Stars as the Top 10 couples face the Paso Doble and the Argentine Tango, as well as a group Hustle. But things aren't all normal. Derek Hough is out sick, so Joanna Krupa will get a special guest partner in the form of her Superstars co-star Maksim Chmerkovskiy.

Will the new partnership work out for the best? And will Tom Bergeron continue to make more wildly inappropriate sexual references? I'll be here for two full hours with my analysis. Live, from Hollywood, it's Dancing with the Stars!

It's introduction time, which means Costume Criticism. Aaron Carter looks like a Young Republican while Alec Mazo and Natalie Coughlin look like the Fonz and Wonder Woman.

Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo - Paso Doble

Alec wants to bringout Natalie's inner beast, which seems rather easy. Their dance is very hard-hitting and mean, but I'm confused because Natalie is oh-so-fine. She has a red, white and blue skirt with a sports bra. It's very unsettling and doesn't quite connect. Bruno Tonioli agrees with me that her Wonder Woman dance lacked some wonder, though I'm guessing all the wonder is in the bra. Carrie Ann Inaba calls them out for a Lift, because she's the Lift Nazi.

Natalie and Alec's Score: 7+8+7=22

Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff - Argentine Tango

After being in the Bottom 2, has Aaron learned his lesson? Not really. He wants to transform from a boy into a man with a more adult dance, but he giggles during the rehearsal. Bruno compares it to Robert Pattinson dancing in Twilight, but that doesn't seem very adult to me. Sorry fans, but Robert Pattinson is a pretty boy who's youthful, and he's not the epitome of masculine power. Still, the judges adore it, but I still don't find it that mature.

Aaron and Karina's Score: 8+8+8=24

Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova - Paso Doble

For the Paso, Michael needs to keep his butt cheeks clenched, so he takes Anna's advice and literally puts a nickel in there to keep his posture. That alone should be enough to save him for another week. Also, he actually dances this week, and it's kind of entertaining in an utterly unexpected way. The judges love it, and Bruno urges him to keep his butt nickle, but Michael decides to give it to Bruno as a trophy.

Michael and Anna's Score: 7+7+7=21

Mya and Dmitry Chaplin - Argentine Tango

They have a huge advantage since Dmitry was an Emmy nomination for choreographing this dance, but Mya tries her best to even it out by kicking him during rehearsals. They also get the week's charity spot by building a house with Habitat for Humanity. As always, it's sexy, intricate and perfect. I just want to watch these two dance all night long. The judges point out some criticism for the emotional distance. So much for my prediction that they would be guaranteed a 30.

Mya and Dmitry's Score: 9+9+9=27

Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer - Paso Doble

Surprisingly, martial arts Mark has trouble channeling the masculine energy required. I'm surprised by how generally bored I am with this performance. Technically it's fine and strong, but I want more. Maybe I just wish Mark would grab a bell pepper, take a giant bite, then smile sinisterly at the camera. Lacey's hair designer is the Bride of Frankenstein.

Mark and Lacey's Score: 9+9+8=26

Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson - Argentine Tango

Donny has to deal with two dances and his Las Vegas show four nights a week. Wow, someone is trying to earn the now open title of Hardest Working Man in Show Biz. The performance is fascinating as always, because Donny is such a compelling guy. I hate to admit it, but he's actually a pretty talented actor to be able to pull off these different characters in his dances.

Donny and Kym's Scores: 10+9+10=29

HOLY felgercarb, that's the highest score of the season! Donny is giving Mya a run for her money.

Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower - Argentine Tango

The short, shaggy-haired snowboarder plans on steaming up the ballroom for his tango. As adorable as he is, even he cannot get away with calling himself "Vito Loco." Louie still isn't a particularly great dancer, but he's damn fine and sexy smooth. Len Goodman's low expectations were exceeded, which is...a compliment? The judges are as positive as they can be with a guy who just kind of walks around and doesn't dance that much.

Louie and Chelsie's Scores: 7+8+7=22

Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas - Argentine Tango

Much like Derek Hough, Mark Ballas got sick with the flu in the last week. That's what happens when you play in a band together, or whatever mutual activity caused them to be the only two to get sick. Proving that Steve Guttenberg isn't the only one who can do same-sex ballroom, Anna Trebunskaya fills in for a sick Mark during one rehearsal. It's just average, but I'm still stuck with the image that Melissa is like my aunt if she were on this show.

Melissa and Mark's Scores: 8+8+7=23

Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel - Paso Doble

In their dance, Kelly is playing the role of the cape. If that isn't hard enough, they're also dancing to Ozzy's classic song "Crazy Train." It's surreal and bad-ass and awesome, and Louis is giving her some fantastic choreography that's sure to win over voters, which is very smart.

Kelly and Louis' Scores: 8+8+8=24

Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Argentine Tango

Joanna's adorable tiny blonde partner is out sick with the flu, so he's replaced by a giant manly man. Physically, I imagine dancing with Derek is a completely different experience from dancing with Maksim. Joanna started with Derek on Wednesday, Maks filled in on Thursday, and they learned on Friday Derek would be out, so they started from scratch. Their dance is very strong and solid through almost the entire dance, but there's one awkward stumble that kind of mars the whole thing.

Joanna and Maksim's Scores: 8+8+8=24

Group Dance - The Hustle

For the first time, everyone gets to dance together, and the routine is choreographed by the one and only Corky Ballas! Sadly, Donny Osmond is the only one who remembers the '70s. The best moment from the rehearsal is when Aaron Carter bets Louie Vito that he can do a better flip. This is followed by Louie doing a corkscrew backflip and making Aaron shriek like a little girl. The group dance itself is odd and ridiculous, with a ton of polyester, bad wigs, and a moment when I was certain Michael Irvin was going to drop Anna Demidova on her head, but thankfully, everyone is fine.

Tune in tomorrow night at 9pm for the elimination, and to see the pros perform a special tribute to Michael Jackson. Tomorrow could go any way, but I'll say right now that Louie, Melissa or Natalie will go home.

Dancing With The Stars, Season 9, Week 4 - Results Night, October 20th

Another puzzling outcome. Once again Michael Irvin was not in danger, despite having the lowest judges score. Louie Vito and partner Chelsie Hightower were also spared despite being tied for second lowest score.

We have 4 couples in danger who were front runners in previous weeks.
Aaron Carter & Karina Smirnoff, Melissa Joan Hart & Mark Ballas, Natalie Coughlin & Alec Mazo, and Joanna Krupa & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Derek Hough was sick.

My picks to be voted out amongst the 4 couples in danger were actress Melissa Joan Hart and Natalie Coughlin.

The home viewers had Aaron Carter and Natalie Coughlin as the lowest ranked celebrities.

Eliminated was Natalie.

http://www.buddytv.c...ek-5-32038.aspx

Dancing with the Stars: Week 5, Live Results
Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's time to send another couple home on Dancing with the Stars, and I'm prepared to be shocked. Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova had the lowest score, but they are so audience-friendly that voting should keep them around, leaving another team to go. Let's look at the scores:

From the first four weeks, every eliminated couple has had either the lowest or second lowest score, meaning Natalie and Louie could be in danger. But with six couples only three points or less from the bottom, Donny, Mya and Mark are probably the only three that are comfortably safe.

My pre-show prediction? Natalie Coughlin in a surprisingly early elimination. Yes, she's an Olympian and has the fourth highest average score of the season, but being only one point above the bottom and without solid name recognition or a good personal story, this could be what happens when the judges get too generous with their scoring.

Dancing with the Stars Week 5 Judges' Scores:
Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova: 7+7+7=21
Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo: 7+8+7=22
Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower: 7+8+7=22
Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas: 8+8+7=23
Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff: 8+8+8=24
Joanna Krupa and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 8+8+8=24
Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel: 8+8+8=24
Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer: 9+9+8=26
Mya and Dmitry Chaplin: 9+9+9=27
Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson: 10+9+10=29

In the recap, we find out Kelly hurt her ankle and had to go to the hospital after the show. Seeing Ozzy Osbourne take care of her is hilarious, as is the fact that Kelly vows that her foot would need to fall off for her to leave Dancing with the Stars. Luckily, she's OK and will be able to compete next week.

And as expected, Donny's Argentine Tango is the encore of the night. It's starting to look like he could beat his sister's third place finish after all.

The musical guest for the night is Norah Jones, but since I'm not a 45-year-old woman, I don't really care. We also get reflections on Michael Jackson's influence, as 17 of his songs have been danced to on this show.

Good News! You can throw away your Ambien and just buy Norah's new album, because they have the same end result. Seriously, I was able to get two power naps in during her first performance.

Ironically, Michael Irvin, the guy with the lowest score, is the only one who's confident he's staying.

RESULTS, PART 1

Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer are...SAFE.
Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson are...SAFE.
Mya and Dmitry Chaplin are...SAFE.

Wow, that's followed by the best thing this show has ever done, a fascinating backstage look at all the stars done in a single long tracking shot. It's visually stunning.

RESULTS, PART 2

Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough are...IN JEOPARDY!
Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel are...SAFE.
Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff are...IN JEOPARDY!

This is crazy. Two of the bottom couples scored 24, which is three higher than the low score of the week. People must REALLY hate Joanna and Aaron. I'm fine with Carter going, but Joanna and Derek don't deserve to go since he was sick and that threw a huge monkey wrench into their week.

RESULTS, PART 3

Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova are...SAFE.
Natalie Coughlin and Alec Mazo are...IN JEOPARDY!

Man, what is it going to take to send Michael home? The judges are going to have to sandbag him and give him a score that's at least five points lower than everyone else.

Next it's time for Norah Jones' second song, and if possible, it's even more sleep-inducing than the first one. WARNING: Do not listen to Norah Jones while operating heavy machinery.

RESULTS, PART 4

Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower are...SAFE.
Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas are...IN JEOPARDY!

Cool, all the people in the bottom are former high scorers. This is one crazy week.

Michael Jackson Tribute

It's introduced by Latoya, who is two pounds of crazy in a one-pound bag. But then it's dance time, and it's so freaking awesome, and I'm fairly certain this will be winning a Choreography Emmy next year. The amazing marathon Jackson-inspired performance ends with all 16 professionals from this season doing the "Thriller" dance, and it's just the coolest thing I've ever seen on Dancing with the Stars.

ELIMINATION TIME!

Melissa and Mark are SAFE.

So Aaron is in the bottom again, and he's joined by Natalie. Oddly, these two couples are currently tied for having the fourth highest average during the season.

NATALIE COUGHLIN AND ALEC MAZO ARE ELIMINATED!

It's a total shock, in terms of the season, but as you saw above, I called it. Still, these two absolutely could've made it to the finale based on skill level.

Next week on Dancing with the Stars is a Mambo Marathon, double elimination and a dance-off So after two weeks in the bottom 2, Aaron is pretty much doomed.

Dancing With The Stars, Season 9, Week 6 - Dance Night, October 26th.

Melissa Joan Hart was bad and is declining.
Aaron Carter was much impoved.
Iron Chef Marc Dacascos was great.
Football player Michale Irvin was bad, but he is getting better.
Kelly Osbourne lacked confidence this week and was bad as a result.
Supermodel Joanna Kruppa was as great as Marc Dacascos.

Melissa and Michael should be sent home in the Double Elimination Night, Tuesday. If football fans spare Michael once again, Kelly Osbourne is going home.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/dancing-wi...ek-6-32167.aspx
Dancing with the Stars: Week 6 Performances, Live Thoughts
Monday, October 26, 2009

After Natalie Coughlin's shocking early exit from Dancing with the Stars, no one is safe. Week 6 brings the Waltz and the Jitterbug, a Mambo Marathon, and a double elimination. Who will succeed and who will crash and burn? I have my Score Predictions, so let's see who comes out on top.

Live, from Hollywood, it's Dancing with the Stars!

First up, as always, is the introduction, which means I get to be a fashion critic! Clearly the Jitterbug is no fan of fashion, because Lacey Schwimmer is dressed like a naughty French maid, Donny Osmond looks like a milk man and Kelly Osbourne looks just plain stupid. I guess this really is a Halloween episode.

Mya and Dmitry Chaplin - Jitterbug

Mya has some aches and pains during the week, but nothing will stop her. The Jitterbug is infectious fun, and so is this, but overall, I find it the least satisfying of their performances. Mya is much better at the slow classic ballroom dances. Bruno Tonioli falls in love, but Len Goodman and Carrie Ann Inaba are a tad underwhelmed, like me. I predicted a 9-8-10 for them.

Mya and Dmitry's Scores: 8-7-9=24

Well, I was right about the way the judges would perceive them, but I gave an extra point for all the judges.

Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas - Waltz

I think I like MJH, but Mark Ballas annoys me. For help, Mark calls in his mommy, which tells me everything I need to know about him. The dance is kind of painfully dull and Melissa's face looks like Hilary Swank's, and I mean that in the worst way possible. She's way too stiff for an elegant waltz. I predicted an 8-8-8, so I know I'm way off.

Melissa and Mark's Score: 7-7-6=20

Ouch, that's awful for week 6, but they really deserve it.

Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer - Jitterbug

She gets him pumped up by taking him to a Jitterbug Club. OK, there's NO WAY such things actually exist. There dance is incredibly fun and entertaining, and Lacey is brilliant to let Mark show off and do all the big stunts, highlighting his aerial skills. I predicted 9-9-10, but I think I might have underestimated them. Amazing.

Mark and Lacey's Score: 9-9-8=26

Wow, how didn't they get a 10 from someone? That was fantastic.

Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff - Waltz

Aaron tries to act like a mature, suave young man for his Waltz, but he still doesn't seem to get the fundamental problem: he's smarmy. He thinks he's good and that people like him, probably a result of growing up in the Disney boy band factory where he was surrounded by screaming girls at all times and when Hilary Duff and Lindsey Lohan were fighting over him. It ain't Aaron's Party no more, and he needs to learn to accept that.

Their dance is fine, and you can't deny that Aaron has some technical skill. If people actually liked him, even a little bit, he could seriously win Dancing with the Stars. I predicted 9-9-10, thinking the judges would inflate his scores to save him from being in danger again.

Aaron and Karina's Score: 8-9-8=25

He'd better pray some of the other couples score very low to keep him from the bottom.

Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova - Waltz

Instead of rehearsing, we learn the real reason Michael is still on Dancing with the Stars: he has a radio talk show and all his crazy fans vote for him non-stop. I bet if Louie Vito had a radio show, he'd be feeling that safe too. And dang it, their Waltz is pretty decent, and since he has so many loyal fans, mediocre is all he needs. At least the judges realize that Michael is nowhere near on par with everyone else.

Carrie Ann, however, spots a Lift with her super vision. I predicted 7-7-7, and basically, the judges are all over the map. Len is an idiot, because he's still grading on a cuve, with higher expectations for Mya and lower expectations for Michael.

Michael and Anna's Score: 6-8-6=20

Ha, Carrie Ann and Bruno are totally trying to get rid of him. But does Len seriously think Michael's dance was better than Mya's?

Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel - Jitterbug

Kelly is totally the Eeyore of this season, always doubting herself, assuming she's awful and having no self-confidence. It's quite sad and pathetic. Louis makes Kelly do some trapeze work to overcome her fears, and unlike Mika on The Amazing Race, she's willing to take the Leap of Faith. Their dance is just OK, but as always, Kelly is way too reserved. And I mean this in the nicest way possible, but she looks exactly like the Muppet Babies version of Miss Piggy. I predicted 8-7-8, which seems about right.

Kelly and Louis' Score: 7-6-7=20

Ouch, that's ugly. The good news is that she would almost certainly win a dance-off against Melissa, Michael, or Louie.

Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower - Jitterbug

Louie stumbles in rehearsal, but their routine is AMAZING! It's so energetic and full of personality. Louie even jumps on the judges' table, rips off his sleeves and does a massive back flip. The judges warn against a lack of precision, but who cares, because it's so much fun. I predicted 8-7-8, but I think they deserve better.

Louie and Chelsie's Score: 7-7-7=21

Boo, they were so entertaining they deserve some extra credit. Also, with four couples at 20 or 21, it means Michael Irvin will definitely avoid the bottom 3 and not even have to compete in the dance-off. Double boo!

Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough - Waltz

Flu boy is back. You think a supermodel would be good at being graceful, but Joanna is like a bull in a china shop during the rehearsal. Their actual performance is much better, a beautiful little Waltz. However, I expected more, predicting 10-9-10, which isn't even close.

Joanna and Derek's Score: 8-9-9=26

Wow, that's a bit better than I expected, but very pleasant since they're still my pick to win the whole thing.

Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson - Jitterbug

Old man Donny is easily tired by the fast-paced Jitterbug. It turns out the outfit I thought was a milk man is actually a train conductor. The dance is fun, but it's designed for a man at least half Donny's age. I suppose the fact that it didn't kill him is a compliment. I'm happy that the judges aren't so won over by the personality to notice the many bumps and off moments. I predicted 8-9-8.

Donny and Kym's Score: 8-8-8=24

Finally, I got one mostly right. But still, it's week 6 and the highest score was 26? This was one weak week.

Mambo Marathon

All the couples will dance at once and based on endurance and skill, and they'll be tapped out one at a time. Michae's Irvin's strategy is to muscle the felgercarb out of everyone. The first couple out gets 2 points, the next couple out 3 points and so on.

1st Out: Michael and Anna: 2+20=22
2nd Out: Louie and Chelsie: 3+21=24
3rd Out: Melissa and Mark: 4+20=24
4th Out: Kelly and Louis: 5+20=25
5th Out: Mark and Lacey: 6+26=32
6th Out: Donny and Kym: 7+24=31
7th Out: Aaron and Karina: 8+25=33
8th Out: Mya and Dmitry: 9+24=33
WINNERS: Joanna and Derek: 10+26=36

Woohoo, my couple wins the marathon and looks incredibly sexy doing it. And with a six point difference between fifth and sixth, you can bet that the two couples going home will come from that bottom four.

Tomorrow night is a double elimination. The lowest total will go home, but the second and third lowest will compete in a dance-off to be decided by the judges. Michael had better pray he has a ton of fan support, because he would DEFINITELY go home in a dance-off.

My Prediction

I'll be bold and predict that Michael somehow avoids the bottom 3, meaning Melissa gets sent home in the bottom and allowing Kelly to beat out Louie in the dance-off and send him home as well.

Depending on how the public votes I think we are in for a surprising bottom three ... and then the judges decide which of the two couples left standing is also going home ... I am not sure I'll be happy after the double elimination ...

Dancing With The Stars, Season 9, Week 6 - Results Night, October 27th

Kelly Osbourne escaped from being named to the lowest 3.

Melissa Joan Hart, Michael Irvin, and Snowboarder Louie Vito were named to the Lowest 3.

Melissa was then eliminated, leaving Michael and Louie to a dance off. I thought that Michael was finally going to be sent home.

After the Dance-off, Bruno voted to save Louie.
Len voted to save Michael.
Carrie Anne said that she wished that she could vote based on the cumulative impression, but couldn't. She said that Michael was better in the Dance-off, so she saved him.

Louie was sent home. Louie did a back flip to show that he was able to accept the outcome and demonstate that he could have continued. Michael is just too big and heavy to do acrobatics that Marc Dacascos and Louie Vito can.

Carrie Anne should have done us all a favour by eliminating Michael.

---

My prediction is Supermodel Joanna Kruppa and Iron Chef Marc Decascos are going to finish strong and end up in the finals.

Mya is declining. Donny Osmond is getting fatigued. Aaron Carter has an arrogance and whiney quality that hurts him in audenice voting.

http://www.buddytv.c...ek-6-32203.aspx
Dancing with the Stars: Week 6 Double Elimination Results
Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The competition is nearing the finish line on Dancing with the Stars, which means the first of two double eliminations. Eight days from now we'll go from nine couples to five, and that work starts tonight. With a double elimination, a dance-off and Taylor Swift, there's no time for interruptions, and unlike Tom Bergeron, I promise to keep the Kanye West jokes to a minimum.

Last week I correctly predicted the shocking elimination of Natalie Coughlin, so I'm feeling good about my Dancing with the Stars prowess. Tonight, I predict Melissa Joan Hart goes home at the bottom, and Kelly Osbourne will defeat Louie Vito in the dance-off to eliminate him as well.

Am I right? Let's find out. Live, from Hollywood, it's Dancing with the Stars!

As a reminder, here are the judges' scores, combining their solo and Mambo Marathon totals:

-Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough: 36
-Mya and Dmitry Chaplin: 33
-Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff: 33
-Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer: 32
-Donny Osmond and Kym John: 31

-Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel: 25
-Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower: 24
-Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas: 24
-Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova: 22

Louie and Chelsie's awesome handshake and point to the camera during the intro makes me smile every time.

The show kicks off with Taylor Swift. Against my better judgment, I kind of like her music. She's like a prettier and less trashy version of Miley Cyrus.

Ooh, Donny is wearing a suit that makes him look like a watermelon while Joanna and Derek are in hot pink.

Aaron Carter reveals that he views Len Goodman as his absentee father figure. Just when I thought I couldn't dislike Aaron any more he brings his daddy issues onto the screen.

Also on my bad side is Michael Irvin, who keeps saying how scared he is that, in a dance-off, his fans can't help him. Heaven forbid he be judged on his dancing ability and not the number of fans he has.

RESULTS, PART 1:

Mark and Lacey are SAFE.

No duh.

RESULTS, PART 2:

Donny and Kym are SAFE.
Aaron and Karina are SAFE.

Again, no duh, but I still want to see Aaron go home already. Maybe next week.

The celebrities are helping to design their costumes for next week, leading to hilarity. Joanna wants to put Derek in a rhinestone Speedo. You go, girl!

RESULTS, PART 3:

Mya and Dmitry are SAFE.
Kelly and Louis are SAFE.

Huzzah, that means Michael Irvin is in the bottom, which means he's probably going home! I underestimated Kelly's fans.

FIRST ELIMINATION:

Melissa Joan Hart and Mark Ballas are ELIMINATED!

Woohoo, I called it! But that means Michael Irvin and Louie Vito will face off in the dance-off. Even though I predicted him to go home, I'm rooting for Louie all the way.

DANCE-OFF:

Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova: Samba
Wow, he has no rhythm, but a ton of charisma and personality. Still, it's kind of weak.

Loue Vito and Chelsie Hightower: Jive
For me, it's more fun, sexier and edgier, but to be fair, Louie is NOT a good dancer.

SECOND ELIMINATION:

Bruno votes to save Louie and Chelsie
Len votes to save Michael and Anna
Carrie Ann votes to save Michael and Anna

WHAT!?!?!?!?

Louie Vito and Chelsie Hightower are ELIMINATED!

This is total BS! Louie and Chelsie were at least entertaining, and Michael is truly terrible. I will deeply miss those two. But on the bright side, it means my predictions were true again.

Next week is another double elimination, and if they don't finally get rid of Michael, Dancing with the Stars has officially jumped the shark.

Dancing With The Stars, Season 9, Week 7 - Dance Night, November 2nd.

Lacey Schwimmer was out with the flu, so Mark Decascos was partnered with Anna Trebunskaya instead. The lack of chemistry between the unfamiliar partners turned out to be deadly to their score. 6 + 7 + 6 = 19

Judge Len Goodman was harsh with Mya, giving her a score of 7 whereas Carrie Ann and Bruno gave her 9's.

Aaron Carter was having trouble with getting his fast footwork right, so Karina took him to see a Sports Trainer. The man put Aaron through a series of Football fast footwork drills. I was surprised to see Aaron mastering the drills. But would that help with the dance footwork that Aaron required? Yes they did! Aaron received his best scores: 9 + 10 + 10 = 29

Model Joanna Krupa was great as usual, getting a score of 9 + 9 + 9 = 27

Then the contestants were separated into Team Paso Doble for Mya and Dmitry, Aaron and Karina, Mark and Anna T., Michael and Anna D.; and Team Tango for Joanna and Derek, Donny and Kym, Kelly and Louis. The winners were given 4 extra points to their final score.

Mark is in big trouble having the lowest score, too low to fight for Tuesday's Dance Off.
Michael is going to Dance off because of having the second lowest score.
Donny was one point behind Mya, but then he received the 4 bonus points.
Either Michael or Mya will eliminated in the Dance Off.

I hope that Michael finally goes home!

http://www.buddytv.c...ek-7-32320.aspx

Dancing with the Stars: Week 7 Performance, Live Thoughts
Monday, November 02, 2009

It's time for another double elimination week on Dancing with the Stars, and with only seven couples remaining, no one is safe. Will Michael Irvin finally be ousted? Will Aaron Carter avoid the bottom? Will Derek Hough and Joanna Krupa top their almost pornographic Mambo moves?

Live, from Hollywood, this is Dancing with the Stars!

Before the competition begins, we get a way-too-long exhibition of team dancing from the pros. Seriously? I miss the days when Dancing with the Stars was only 90 minutes followed by Samantha Who?

DWTS Fashion Report: Is it just me, or does Aaron Carter look more and more like Spencer Pratt every week? Mark Dacascos has decided to take on a sheer shirt and Louis van Amstel is wearing the most absurd blue pants ever. Thank you, Kelly Osbourne, because the stars designed the costumes for this week.

Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova - Foxtrot

Elegant and graceful aren't two words I associate with Michael, but Anna encourages him to use his touchdown dance and think of it as Broadway. He dances with the world's biggest smile and he's perfectly enjoyable, but his moves are still stiff and wooden, and at this point in the competition, we need to dump him. There's a huge difference between being good for Michael and being good overall, and he's nowhere near good overall.

Costume Analysis: I like the dark purple on the light lavender matching suit and dress. Irvin could totally have a future in fashion. He claims his inspiration was Barney, the dinosaur.

Judges' Scores: 8+8+7=23

Yikes, that's high enough that with a huge fan vote, he might miraculously survive again.

Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson - Quickstep

It's either senioritis or arthritis, but Donny has trouble with all the complicated, small and fast steps. As always, it's fun and effortless. The man is a revelation every week, keeping up with all the young whippersnappers and coming across as suave and debonair. His long jacket reminds me of Captain Jack from Torchwood. According to the judges, there were lots of errors, but since I'm no Quickstep expert, he covered them well enough that I missed it.

Costume Analysis: Donny shredded Kym's dress like Freddy Krueger, which does NOT work.

Judges Scores: 8+8+8=24

Ha, even with a bunch of mistakes, it's still better than Michael Irvin.

Mark Dacascos and Anna Trebunskaya - Samba

Mark tapes Iron Chef America and when he's done, Lacey is sick as a dog, so Tony Dovolani shows up to teach him some choreography. When he flies back to L.A., he meets his new partner, Anna, and she gives him all new choreography. Poor Mark. The dance is funky and sexy, but the clear problem is the total lack of chemistry. This dance needed chemistry, and they had none of it. Unfortunately, it was a mess, and it's all due to circumstances, but it doesn't change the crappy dance.

Costume Analysis: I like her outfit with a weird green scarf draped down the whole thing. But his sheer shirt is still distracting.

Judges' Scores: 6+7+6=19

Ugh, Mark is DEFINITELY going home with that score, and it's unfair because he and Lacey were just starting to do well.

Mya and Dmitry Chaplin - Foxtrot

They're going back to a classy and elegant dance to win over Len Goodman, hopefully. Dmitry brings in Cloris Leachman because she's old enough to remember when the Foxtrot was first created. Cloris tells a story about Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire, but sadly, it's not nearly as filthy as it should be. These two are as glamorous as any '50s movie star. As always, Len Goodman is a grumpy old man who doesn't like when they add frills to the traditional Foxtrot. Carrie Ann Inaba says that Len is officially smoking crack.

Costume Analysis: Mya looks beautiful, but personally, I don't like white suits on men. She made Dmitry look like Ricky Ricardo.

Judges' Scores: 9+7+9=25

Oh Len, you hate Mya and Dmitry so much. Even Tom Bergeron points out that Len will only give these two a good score when Hell freezes over.

Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff - Jive

To rehearse, Karina has Aaron do a bunch of athletic sports drills to improve his footwork, but I'm too distracted by this giant wifebeater he's wearing. The dance is very upbeat and fun, and technically, it's outstanding. But I'm distracted by the fact that they look so young, like two background dancers from Hairspray.

Costume Analysis: Aaron's maroon jacket doesn't go with anything, and Karina looks like a piece of cotton candy. Basically, it's like a 7-year-old boy just raided his daddy's closet, if his daddy was Hugh Hefner.

Judges Scores: 9+10+10=29

Holy felgercarb, Len is going to give his first 10 of the season to Aaron? He is soo not on the same page as America. As of now, Donny and Aaron have 29s, while Mya doesn't. That's ridiculous.

Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel - Salsa

Kelly essentially has a nervous breakdown during the rehearsal because Louis tries to play the task master to get them out of the bottom. Their dance is pretty good, though it would be a lot better if Kelly didn't look like she wanted to beat the felgercarb out of Louis in every moment. Bruno Tonioli jumps on the table and goes nuts.

Costume Analysis: Kelly decided to put Louis in the most absurd jangling blue pants ever. No, no, no!

Judges Scores: 8+8+8=24

Meh, they've stalled, no matter how much praise they get. Goodbye, you two.

Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough - Rumba

The Rumba is all about sex, so, in spite of what I thought, these two ARE able to be even more pornographic than last week's Mambo bobbing action. Derek is goofy when he tries to romance her, but he has a fantasy that's actually just a porno film where they have a day on the beach. That ends with Derek waking up and making out with his own reflection in the mirror.

The dance itself is slow and sexy and beautiful. It's the hottest thing ever, and these two are sex on the dance floor. The only problem is that Joanna trips ever-so-slightly in her costume near the end, but other than that, it was perfect.

Costume Analysis: Joanna was smart to keep the costumes simple in white.

Judges' Scores: 9+9+9=27

I suppose that one slip-up cost her, but it was still amazing.

Team Paso Doble

Mya and Dmitry, Aaron and Karina, Mark and Anna T., Michael and Anna D.

Rehearsal is as chaotic as you'd expect with too many chefs in the kitchen, but the calm, dulcet tones of Michael Irvin help cooler heads prevail. Of course, the last-minute Lacey-Anna switcheroo throws everyone a bit off.

The team part is just OK, although there is one clear problem. A giant wooden black man stands out like a sore thumb next to three skinny white dudes. Individually, however, they are all solid, and even Michael Irvin is very good at this one style. If there's one huge flaw, it's that Aaron Carter should never be allowed to dance with an open shirt. Sorry, but the dude has a freakishly hairless body that scares me.

Judges' Scores: 8+8+8=24

Team Tango

Joanna and Derek, Donny and Kym, Kelly and Louis

This is actually Team Personality, because for me, Donny, Kelly and Derek are the three most likable people this season. The pros choreograph a fun routine based on all the ladies wanting Donny, which is perfect.

And that's just what the dance is. First, they do it to Bon Jovi, and as a Jersey boy, that alone earns a 10 from me. It's spicy, sexy and amazing. These three teams work together flawlessly, and while Carrie Ann bitches about a Lift, there's no denying that these three nailed it.

Judges' Scores: 9+9+10=28

Yippee! And with four additional points added to their solo scores, Team Tango winning by four points is just what Kelly needed.

Tomorrow night, it's a double elimination, and with the very different team scores, tomorrow seems pretty definite. Mark Dacascos is four points behind the second lowest score, so he's definitely going to be eliminated. Next, Michael and Mya are each three or more points behind the next lowest, so barring some huge voting anomaly, I'm guessing Michael and Mya will meet in the dance-off. Now I know Len will probably vote to keep Michael because he's biased, but surely Bruno and Carrie Ann will let logic prevail and finally send Michael home.

Also, we get a performance by the Ballas Hough Band! Mark and Derek, singing!

Dancing With The Stars, Season 9, Week 7 - Results Night, November 3rd.

It was apparent that the home voters hate Aaron Carter. He was forced to do a Dance Off in order to avoid elimination, despite having a near perfect 29 points.

The other injustice was having Mark Decascos being put at the bottom by the judges the previous night. He has been consistently good with his partner Lacey Schwimmer, but due to Lacey's bout with influenza, he got teamed with Anna Trebunskaya for the Samba with whom he had no chemistry. Add that to the problem that due to Lacey's illness, Tony Dovolani showed up to teach him some choreography. When Mark mets his new partner, Anna, she gave him new choreography. The dance was funky and sexy, but they clearly lacked chemistry and practice time.

--

If there were any justice, Kelly Osbourne should have been eliminated before Mark Decascos. He had potential to go to the finals. Kelly has already reached her limit, no improvement can be expected from her.

Donny Osmond is better than Kelly, but he too is at his peak.

Mya is declining, especially in Judge Len's eyes.

I predict Aaron Carter and Joanna Kruppa will be in the finals. If the home voters stop hating Aaron for his personality, he'd win.

http://www.buddytv.c...ek-7-32369.aspx

Dancing with the Stars: Week 7 Live Results
Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Two more couples are going home on Dancing with the Stars, the Ballas Hough Band is performing live, and hopefully we'll get to see even more of Derek Hough's fantasy world. I'll be here throughout the hour keeping an eye on the show, but I think this week is very predictable.

The judges' scores this week on Dancing with the Stars have the bottom three couples separated by quite a bit from the top of the pack, so it's almost certain that Mark Dacascos will go home and Michael Irvin will (hopefully) lose to Mya in the dance-off. I've been right about who goes home for the past two weeks, so my confidence level is very high.

The show kicks off with an encore of the Team Tango, which is fine by me. It kicks just as much butt as it did last night. The only way it could be cooler is if they used Blake Lewis' beat box version of "You Give Love a Bad Name" from American Idol.

RESULTS, PART 1:

Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel are SAFE.
Mark Dacascos and Lacey Schwimmer are in the BOTTOM 3.

Yippee, Kelly is safe. I know she's not that great, but I like her anyway.

RESULTS, PART 2:

Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson are SAFE.
Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova are in the BOTTOM 3.

Not surprising, and now it seems almost certain that Mya will be in the bottom. If not, it means one of the two highest scoring couples is in the bottom, which means America really hates them.

BALLAS HOUGH

It's time for Mark Ballas and Derek Hough to sing their new song. And wow, it's kind of insane. They are both auto-tuned beyond all recognition, and it's all this weird electronic dance club music. I think a rave just broke out on Dancing with the Stars. It's simultaneously awesome and awful.

RESULTS, PART 3:

Mya and Dmitry Chaplin are SAFE.
Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough are SAFE.
Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff are in the BOTTOM 3.

Hahahahahahaha! Aaron tied the season high score and had the second highest overall total from the judges, yet still wound up in the bottom. Sorry Aaron, but this is proof positive that America hates you.

He beat Donny and Kelly by three points each and Mya by four points, so he must've scored laughably low with viewer votes.

ROD STEWART

I usually don't pay attention to the singer interludes, but this was too sad to ignore. Rod Stewart's voice is so hoarse and raspy that it's just embarrassing to watch him try and sing. Dude, it's time to retire.

FIRST ELIMINATION

Michael and Anna are ELIMINATED.

Wow, the man whose fans saved him week after week lost thanks to some overwhelming fan support for the sick Lacey. I'm also thinking that, if the pity vote is there with the judges, there could be an outside shot that Mark and Lacey stick around and Aaron Carter goes home when he scores the highest individual score of the season.

DANCE-OFF

Mark and Lacey - Cha Cha Cha

It's solid and fun, and they excel by showing off Mark's martial arts aerial skills. The only slight issue I have is a tiny stumble on his second cartwheel. The judges LOVE them.

Aaron and Karina - Jive

Even Aaron acknowledges that having the judges decide over America is better for him. They do another Jive which is a double-edged sword. He just delivered an amazing Jive last night, so this one might have to be compared to it. Luckily for him, the judges all seem to think this Jive was even better than last night's. That should mean they're definitely safe, right?

SECOND ELIMINATION

Mark and Lacey are ELIMINATED.

It's sad that it had to happen, especially since Mark got screwed this week with Lacey's flu, and honestly, if that didn't happen, I have no doubt they would still be safe because I suspect Mark and Lacey could've scored at least five or six points higher.

Next week on Dancing with the Stars: It's back to single elimination, but now it's double the dances as each couple will perform two solos.

Dancing With The Stars, Season 9, Week 8 - Dance Night, November 9th.

Mya started off with a great first dance worth 29 points. Her second dance was perfect.

Karina Smirnoff was sick with the Flu, but she carried on despite being feverish because she knew how badly Mark Decascos did when he was teamed with a replacement. Aaron and Karina both wore filter masks during practice to try to keep Aaron well.

Aaron Carter wasn't able to match Maya's first dance, ending up with 23 points. His second dance was worth 29 points.

I was rooting for Joanna Kruppa, but she had a weak first dance that was worth 23 points. She had a great second dance that was worth 29 points as well.

I was surprised that Kelly Osbourne got 25 points since I like Aaron and Joanna dances better than hers. Her second dance was nothing special in my opinion, but she got 26 points for her second dance.

Donny Osmond performed a classy waltz, but Len said that it was "arty-farty". Carrie and Bruno gave him 9's but Len gave 8 points. Donny's second dance was only worth 24 points.

So Maya was at the top with 59 points. The rest of the contestants were 7, 8 to 9 points behind her. Any one of those could be eliminated. The voters history of dislike for Aaron will probably sent him home Tuesday night.

http://www.buddytv.c...al-5-32491.aspx
Dancing with the Stars: Final 5 Performances, Live Thoughts
Monday, November 09, 2009

We're down to just five couples on Dancing with the Stars, which means not one byt two solo dances for every team. It's going to get a lot harder before the finale, and with just three weeks of performances left, it's anyone's Mirror Ball Trophy to win.

Will we finally see the first perfect 30 of the season? Will Len Goodman dare to raise his 10 paddle for a second time this season? Will Aaron Carter continue to look and act like Spencer Pratt's slightly less douchey cousin? There's only one way to find out.

Live, from Hollywood, this is Dancing with the Stars!

The Fashion Report: Sadly, there's nothing that awful to criticize, except Derek Hough's ridiculous tux jacket.

In this show, each couple will perform a Ballroom routine and a time-specific Latin numbers, from either one of the past four decades, or the future.

Mya and Dmitry Chaplin - Quickstep

These two don't care about stupid Len Goodman, which makes me like them even more. To clear their heads, Team D-Mya goes horseback riding. They have a little character at the start and end, but the whole routine is just pure beautiful dance without gimmicks, so Len Goodman had better not b!*ch and moan. Once again, Len complains that he was very disappointed...because he found nothing to criticize. Huzzah, Len finally found some damn sense!

Judges' Scores: 9+10+10=29

Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff - Foxtrot

I really hope Aaron regrets those stupid tattoos on his arms, because they're painfully distracting. Despite some flu-like symptoms, Karina works through the pain. I believe Aaron stole Michael Irvin's purple suit from last week and shrank it in the washing machine. Their dance has a lot of moves, but the whole thing is like watching two plastic dolls do a dance, by which I mean Ken and Barbie, without genitalia. It was like two youngsters who are super best friends doing a Foxtrot.

Judges' Scores: 7+8+8=23

Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough - Quickstep

Derek isn't just pretty, he's smart to, so he takes some footage of their biggest competition, Mya, and shows Joanna how to beat her. It's interesting to compare this Quickstep to Mya's, because while Joanna is a little more rigid, she and Derek light up a room and have a lot more showmanship.

Judges' Scores: 8+7+8=23

Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel - Foxtrot

Louis tries hard to get Kelly to focus, so he literally locks away all of her belongings. Their dance is pretty freaking great with Kelly doing some graceful beauty. Louis is probably the smartest choreographer on this show because he creates routines that are perfectly tailored to accentuate Kelly's charms.

Judges' Scores: 8+8+9=25

Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson - Viennese Waltz

Their dance is very good, featuring an effortless charm and grace that just exists on some weird ethereal plane. For me, Donny is a lot like 30 Rock. I know he's going to be really, really good every time, so it's not as exciting anymore because excellence has become the norm. Len finds it too "arty-farty," and Bruno Tonioli wants to know what's wrong with a little farty. Oh Bruno.

Judges' Scores: 9+8+9=26

Mya and Dmitry Chaplin - '70s Samba

Oh no, Dmitry is wearing a stupid '70s porn 'stache! They're making a Disco-Samba ba***d child, which makes Dmitry struggle with the choreography. This dance is so freaking groovy and fun, and the judges are all gaga for Mya. Tom Bergeron makes a brilliant joke about them using the wardrobe from "Life on Mars". I'm stunned he even remembers that show.

Judges' Scores: 10+10+10=30!!!

The first 30 of the season! Finally, Mya jumps over that hurdle and establishes herself once again as the frontrunner.

Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff - '90s Samba

Oh no, Aaron is adding in some of his own old school moves back when he was a super lame teeny tiny pop star. It's also sad that he talks about the '90s like they're the olden times. In a very odd way, his lame, douchey energy totally works for this dance because the '90s were all about cheesy boy bands, and that's what he does best, the desperate desire to play to the back of the stands.

Judges' Scores: 9+9+9=27

Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough - Futuristic Paso Doble

Derek does a silly futuristic robot voice, and by now you either love him (as I do) or you think he's the most annoying person ever. They're dressed like weird alien robots and the dance is so surreal and weird and still beautifully danced. This routine would put Wade Robson's wacky routines from So You Think You Can Dance to shame. This is my favorite thing of the season, easily.

Judges' Scores: 9+10+10=29

It's weird that tonight, Carrie Ann is the stingy sourpuss.

Kelly Osbourne and Louis van Amstel - '60s Jive

Kelly is a student of the '60s, so this is perfect for her, except for the fact that the Jive is the most physically exhausting dance there is. It's a very weird surrealist vision of '60s mod style that includes lime green wigs. It's really fun and surprisingly good, but I still don't totally get it.

Judges' Scores: 8+9+9=26

Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson - '80s Paso Doble

Donny is so excited to relive his late 20s and early 30s by dressing like a glam rock god and acting like a total fool. It's outrageous, but not in a completely good way. There's some charm to it, as always, but Halloween was last week, and as Carrie Ann correctly points out, this was too insane.

Judges' Scores: 8+8+8=24

Here's how the leaderboard looks:
Mya and Dmitry: 59
Joanna and Derek: 52
Kelly and Louis: 51
Donny and Kym: 50
Aaron and Karina: 50

Aaron was in the bottom last week when he had one of the highest scores, so now that he's tied at the bottom, he's doomed. The question is who will join him in the bottom two? The answer might tell us who has fan support and who will be in trouble next week. I think the '80s and Futuristic Paso Dobles are too memorable, so Kelly will join Aaron in the bottom.

Dancing With The Stars, Season 9, Week 8 - Results Night, November 10th.

http://www.buddytv.c...ek-8-32521.aspx
Dancing with the Stars: Week 8 Results Show
Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The semifinals are on the horizon for Dancing with the Stars, but only four couples will make it. I'd like for there to be some suspense, but the fact is that Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff have been living in the bottom all season long, despite typically high scores from the judges. Now that they're on the bottom of the Dancing with the Stars Leaderboard, it seems all but certain that time is finally up for the pop star.

But first, we get Susan Boyle dreaming a dream, and the return of Kenny Mayne and DanceCenter. Live, from Hollywood, this is Dancing with the Stars!

The encore isn't the Perfect 30, but the Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough Futuristic Paso Doble. Haha, my performance rankings were right! If possible, it's even better than last night, and Derek Hough had better get an Emmy nomination next year for his choreography of this amazing routine.

Showing a stunning disconnect, Kym Johnson realizes being at the bottom of the Leaderboard is bad, while Aaron Carter ignores this fact and is just happy Carrie Ann Inaba said nice things about him.

RESULTS, PART 1:

Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough are SAFE!

Yipee, my favorite couple is safe.

MICHAEL BUBLE:

Here's all I have to say about Mr. Buble: I really enjoy his music, but I can't stand him. He has some weird aura that makes me want to smack him. He's the Aaron Carter of singing.

RESULTS, PART 2:

Mya and Dmitry Chaplin are SAFE!

No duh.

DANCECENTER, PART 1:

Kenny Mayne, Jerry Rice, Len Goodman and Stacy Keibler are trying to do comedy. Here's everything you need to know:
-Joanna Krupa is a sexy, sexy Polish gal who laughs like a seal
-Dancing with the Stars is self-aware enough to comment on Derek and Joanna's Mambo Marathon move that looked like simulated fellatio.
-Donny Osmond is old and possibly in a long-term romantic relationship with Bruno Tonioli.
-Aaron Carter is a wuss who Kenny Mayne implies is an awful singer. Man, I'm starting to feel bad for the kid, because even the show is now jumping on the "Mock Aaron Carter" bandwagon.

DESIGN-A-DANCE:

Sabrina Bryan is reunited with Mark Ballas to perform a Paso Doble to "Eye of the Tiger" while dressed like tigers. It's grrrrrrrrrrrrreat! (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

MICHAEL BUBLE, AGAIN:

My God, two Buble performances, DanceCenter, Design-a-Dance and we still have Susan Boyle? This show has more filler than a teenage girl's bra on prom night.

RESULTS, PART 3:

Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson are SAFE!

So Aaron and Kelly are in the bottom. Why don't we just eliminate both of them right now and move up the finale one week? We all know that's exactly what's going to happen.

SUSAN BOYLE:

I dreamed a dream that Susan ripped off her wig and revealed that she's really Oliver Platt in drag. Of course she does sound ridiculously amazing, but it's still odd that this voice comes out of a woman who looks like a Monty Python character. Susan's CD drops November 23, just in time to give it as a Christmas present to the aunt you know nothing about.

DANCECENTER, PART 2:

-Kelly swears a lot.
-In the funniest moment of this whole thing, Kenny Mayne mistakenly starts the segment critiquing Dmitry as if he's the celebrity, some random soap star. It's allegedly a joke, but it clearly points out the fact that Mya is a total pro.
-Len claims everyone left could win, which is preposterous, and Kenny is pretty funny in mocking it.
-After a game of electronic football, Kenny declares Dmitry and his professional partner Mya as the winners.

ELIMINATION:

Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff are ELIMINATED!

Yup, it's not that surprising. He's actually a very good dancer, and if he was even remotely likable, he easily could've made the finale. Hopefully one of the "many life lessons" he learned while appearing on Dancing with the Stars is how not to be a douche.

Len takes a moment to say how Aaron is an upstanding young man and Len would be proud if Aaron was his son. Wow, it's kind of like handcuffing yourself to the bow of the Titanic after it hits the iceberg, only much, much worse.

The fans' dislike for Aaron sent him home this week.

Host Tom Bergeron said that Head Judge Len Goodman requested speaking time should Aaron be eliminated. Len made it a point to say that Aaron worked the hardest of any of the celebrities, and then said that he'd be as proud of Aaron's dancing as if her was his father. Awww, Len's got a heart.

It seems obvious to me that Kelly should have been eliminated tonight and then Donny should have been eliminated the following week based strictly on their dancing.

Back