Season 3 Daniel Ryan

I'm not sure what to think about him... There were several times when I thought he might turn out to be ok. He seemed to still have a conscience, I know he killed innocent people but he had a half-way legitimate motive, people do crazy things for revenge. I thought he was going to come through. Maybe he would have if he hadn't realized Syd killed his brother.

What do you guys think about him?

I don't know WHAT to think about him except that he was a jackass.

He's the one that ordered to put that bomb on the plane, right?

i'm not sure what to think of him right now, maybe just angry b/c he screwed over syd. I was glad that jack put him in a strangle hold. He definatly deserved it. Good character tho, totally understand why he tried to kill em, but still wasn't right. Wonder if we'll see him again or will he get killed b/c he didn't tell them the truth right away.

I thought his character was cool. He played the CIA (who doesn't). I mean Syd wanted revenge when they killed Danny how many innocent people got killed the day they went into SD-6 to take them down, all those people didn't know that they were working for the enemy. So you have understand his pain for wanting revenge for his brother. You could see when Syd was explaining her story about Julia Thorn to him that she told him too much. Good story

I thought Ricky Gervais played the character very well. He makes a great villian.

I think he would have given up the codes had Syd not told him that she was Julia Thorne!!!!

I liked him, he was funny when he said to Weiss, you lost weight and then Weiss says so have you! He was a good character and Jack sorted him out, what he did to him was crazy! But Ricky Gervais played him good!

He was an interesting character to say the least. It's interesting how they portrayed him. He seemed good and then that was shattered and it was constantly back and forth.

I think his brother was supposedly "just an innocent" but I find that hard to believe :lol:

Ricky Gervais played him really well :kicking:

I loooooved this character. He's so goood. Well Gervais playing him, anyways. ^_^ He probably won't come back though. :(

i thought he was really smart w/his whole plan to get sark on the plane for revenge. he might have played to cia, but he played the convenent too.

laura8729 said:
i thought he was really smart w/his whole plan to get sark on the plane for revenge. he might have played to cia, but he played the convenent too.
very well done ... I liked the character as he brought some "spice" back to the show ... who would have known that he would the brother of the guy Syd killed as Julia ... (y) (y)

and then, he wanted to kill Sark, but as Syd told him she was Julia ... and without we knowing why, he activated both bombs ... (y)

I thought they said something before where his brother was helping the covenant and that is why they killed him, they didn't want him anymore so they killed hime, either that or he made a mistake. I don't know if that is correct because I am really confused with this show and this other one, it's like they both merged into the same show in my mind.

fong_11 said:
I thought they said something before where his brother was helping the covenant and that is why they killed him, they didn't want him anymore so they killed hime, either that or he made a mistake. I don't know if that is correct because I am really confused with this show and this other one, it's like they both merged into the same show in my mind.
two shows mixed in your mind ??? thats :blink: or like :o_O:

In the scene where Sydney talks with Sloane over the telephone, he indicated that Ryan's brother was the one who had the strong political views. Here is part of the summary that I did for the forum at http://jennifergarnerfans.net/

Syd asks him what he knows about Ryan. Sloane reports that Ryan is a freelance supplier of advanced ordinance. He used to be “reliably leftist”, but now he is strictly mercenary. Sydney asks what made him change. Sloane says that Daniel’s brother Christopher was the political one. They used to work together until, sometime last year when Christopher disappeared.

So Christopher was also a terrorist bomber for the IRA like Daniel. Sloane is implying that Christopher brought his brother to the IRA.

i enjoyed his character...he's the first guest star in while to give both a solid performance and a have a large impact on the plot ( Remeber Quentin Tarantino a few episodes back? He was in 1 scene! :angry: ) I also liked how his situation mirrored Syd's in season 1, it was an interesting parallel.

Back