Sci-Fi Dark Skies (2013)

Alien Soup

Head Chef
The first official trailer for Dark Skies (2013). A thriller centered on an alien disguised as a human and a boy tagged for abduction. Starring Keri Russell, Dakota Goyo and Josh Hamilton.

A released date of February 13, 2013 is scheduled.

The movie has no connection to the 1996 NBC series by the same name that dealt with a decades long alien invasion of Earth.

Imzadi

Imzadi
:eek::cool:Dark Skies was made over again? Wasn't that the movie Bryce Zabel produced several years ago? It had JT Walsh as the head of Majestic.

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
:eek::cool:Dark Skies was made over again? Wasn't that the movie Bryce Zabel produced several years ago? It had JT Walsh as the head of Majestic.
You're thinking of the old TV series from the mid 1990's. ;) I thought premise of it was pretty good because it took place in the 1960's, when a lot of modern conspiracy theories were born & government programs began.

Imzadi

Imzadi
I met Bryce Zabel once, at a UFO convention. Very nice person, but so busy there was no time to really talk. I would have liked to ask why the show went off the air after 1 season. It was one of my favorite shows. This new show looks like it will be just as great. :cool::cool:

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
I didn't care for this one. The sci-fi/horror theme had my interest, unfortunately the movie failed to keep my attention. I thought the action moved at a really slow pace and the 'twist' ending really didn't come as much as a surprise. My guess is that somebody came up with the general premise but the writers couldn't come up with a way of filling up a full-length feature movie so they just padded the scenes to draw them out longer then need be.

It would have been a decent hour-long made-for-tv movie (which, with commercials, would have cut it down to 42~ minutes).

Top Bottom