Sci-Fi Dark Skies (2013)

Alien Soup

Head Chef
Title: Dark Skies

Tagline: Once you have been chosen. You belong to them.

Genre: Science Fiction, Thriller, Horror

Director: Scott Stewart

Cast: Keri Russell, Josh Hamilton, Dakota Goyo, J.K. Simmons, Trevor St. John, Annie Thurman, Myndy Crist, Josh Wingate, Ron Ostrow, Alyvia Alyn Lind, Kadan Rockett, L.J. Benet, Rich Hutchman, Jake Brennan, Marion Kerr, Josh Stamberg, Tiffany Jeneen, Brian Stepanek, Judith Moreland, Adam Schneider, Jessica Borden, Kenneth Meseroll, Andy Umberger, Michael Patrick McGill, Alexandra Anthony, Scott Anthony, Tom Costello, Jaeden Bettencourt

Release: 2013-02-21

Runtime: 97

Plot: From the producers of Paranormal Activity, Insidious, and Sinister comes Dark Skies: a supernatural thriller that follows a young family living in the suburbs. As husband and wife Daniel and Lacey Barret witness an escalating series of disturbing events involving their family, their safe and peaceful home quickly unravels. When it becomes clear that the Barret family is being targeted by an unimaginably terrifying and deadly force, Daniel and Lacey take matters in their own hands to solve the mystery of what is after their family.
Dark Skies (2013)

The first official trailer for Dark Skies (2013). A thriller centered on an alien disguised as a human and a boy tagged for abduction. Starring Keri Russell, Dakota Goyo and Josh Hamilton.

A released date of February 13, 2013 is scheduled.

The movie has no connection to the 1996 NBC series by the same name that dealt with a decades long alien invasion of Earth.

:eek::cool:Dark Skies was made over again? Wasn't that the movie Bryce Zabel produced several years ago? It had JT Walsh as the head of Majestic.

:eek::cool:Dark Skies was made over again? Wasn't that the movie Bryce Zabel produced several years ago? It had JT Walsh as the head of Majestic.
You're thinking of the old TV series from the mid 1990's. ;) I thought premise of it was pretty good because it took place in the 1960's, when a lot of modern conspiracy theories were born & government programs began.

I met Bryce Zabel once, at a UFO convention. Very nice person, but so busy there was no time to really talk. I would have liked to ask why the show went off the air after 1 season. It was one of my favorite shows. This new show looks like it will be just as great. :cool::cool:

I didn't care for this one. The sci-fi/horror theme had my interest, unfortunately the movie failed to keep my attention. I thought the action moved at a really slow pace and the 'twist' ending really didn't come as much as a surprise. My guess is that somebody came up with the general premise but the writers couldn't come up with a way of filling up a full-length feature movie so they just padded the scenes to draw them out longer then need be.

It would have been a decent hour-long made-for-tv movie (which, with commercials, would have cut it down to 42~ minutes).