Horror Dark Was the Night (2014) {Creature Feature}

Tom

An Old Friend
MV5BOTQ1Mjk2OTE4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTk5Mjg2NTE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

90 min | Drama, Horror, Thriller | 24 July 2015 (USA)
Dark Was the Night (2014) - IMDb

Isolated and threatened, a mysterious force hidden within the trees outside the small town of Maiden Woods, strikes fear in the townspeople as Sheriff Paul Shields attempts to overcome the demons of his past while protecting those that he loves.

A solid "B" Movie with great character development, wonderful acting and direction and great spooky atmosphere. The monsters, Wendigos, are kept hidden from sight until the end and for good reason. The CGI was really bad. There are a few partial reveals in which great pain was taken to make the modeling and props realistic but the full reveal of the creatures in CGI was terrible. I liked the creature design and if they had a Bob Botin or WETA studio and more money the creatures could have stolen the movie.
For a creature feature it is slow and building. Outstanding acting and the 'Hidden' creatures lends to the spooky atmosphere. I think this is certainly one to watch for in Red Box or Netflix. The piss-poor CGI is only at the very end and I can forgive it because the acting and mood of the movie certainly makes up for it.

I streamed this at {...} in HD as an MP4

http://{...}.com/gv9h5uku1sqr.html
177 MB @ appx 400 kbs