Darkfall?

Bah, I really need to get out of moving limbo (stuck in-between locations right now) and get on to more important things like getting my new computer built :(2

Although I guess if I don't have time to research and build the computer I don't have time to use it...

Damn real life getting in the way of my gaming enjoyment.

I don't know... after watching the gameplay video, my over all reaction is "meh".

I signed up for the beta and hopefully the gameplay and interaction will change that opinion, but otherwise the graphics and whatnot were not very impressive not much better (if at all) then the last generation of MMOs

Just wondering as this has finally been released if any of you have had the chance to play it?

I decided not to partake in their little release fiasco, and although I've watched this game over the years the community its attracted doesn't really seem, how do I put this...Mature I guess is the easiest way.

But anyways if any of you have happened to play it would be interesting to hear how the release and game has been going.

I'm watching it closely, but haven't signed on quite yet. I'll wait until some of the chaos has died down and until they get their ducks in a row before I give them any money. A free trial would be ideal, but I don't think that will come for awhile.

Every last video and screen shot I've seen of Darkfall has been a let down. The game looks terrible, and while eye candy isn't all that important, the game literately looks on par with EQ1. The "real time" gameplay looks to be about the same as Age of Conan. Yea, you get to do the swinging and the fighting, but it still ends up a spam filled, button smashing mess... even when you're playing properly.

On top of that, just about every review for the game has been advising the majority of MMO players to avoid this title. (And while many of us don't like the majority of MMO players, what does it say about the game itself?) Maybe I'm trying to subconsciously be a anti-bandwagon person here, but Darkfall has been one disappointment after the other. The fact anyone is pre-ordering it and anxiously awaiting a beta invite is amazing to me.

Back