Season 4 Date errors

SkyGirl5

Cadet
Ok seriously bill vaughn died in 1979
didn't "laura bristow" die before this?
i mean didn't she have to? Laura dies, nadia born, bill takes her, irina kills bill

but this was 1981 - bill was dead... laura should have been too... besides syd was clearly more than 5 or 6 yrs old

:o_O:

*SO CONFUSED*

was this truely a writers error or am i missing something?

Obviously something is going on that hasn't been explained.

Brill claimed that Vaughn Sr did not die at that earlier time, but rescued Nadia only to be killed by Irina. Perhaps this is what happened. Just because the felgercarb that Sophia's minions (probably hers, anyway) were feeding Vaughn were mostly lies doesn't mean there weren't one or two kernels of truth in there somehwhere. Like the coincidental death of the agent with matching dental records. That kind of confirming fact is sort of hard to come up with on the fly, don'cha think?

However, we don't have verification.

yes of course

don't get me wrong i never believed that bill died in 1979
im simply saying that since that's what the show is 'claiming' it was inconsistent

:lol: and i was obsessing over it for like hours :rolleyes:

SkyGirl5 said:
i mean didn't she have to?  Laura dies, nadia born, bill takes her, irina kills bill

but this was 1981 - bill was dead... laura should have been too... besides syd was clearly more than 5 or 6 yrs old

*SO CONFUSED*

[post="1327931"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Laura Bristow died when Syd was 6. Syd was born in 1975, so that would make Laura's death in 1981. So regarding that, the show was accurate.

There's only confusion with Bill Vaughn if you think that he has any connection with Nadia. Since I think that's all a red herring (even Brill), there isn't a problem for me. If everything we learned about Bill Vaughn from Brill on was a lie, then he died in 1979 and has no connection whatsoever to Nadia. Until we get more substantial information that contradicts this, I'm going to believe that this is the case.

Here's how I see the timeline (Edit: This is based on speculation and my own theory. I have no idea when Bill V. died or not.)

1975 - Sydney is born
1979 - Bill Vaughn goes kaput (at the hands of a Derevko? not sure)
1981 - Irina fakes her death and flees to Russia with child
1981 - Nadia is born (her given name?) and taken away from Irina by KGB/Katya
1986? - Elena kidnaps Nadia from KGB and hides in Argentina

Jack and Sloane mentioned that Elena was the most deadly of the Derevko sisters and that about 30 years ago she cut all her ties and disappeared. She would be able to sneak into the KGB when Nadia was 5 or so (and being pumped with green Rambaldi juice) and take her to a safe place in Argentina.

Is it any coincidence that Sydney found the Rambaldi book in Argentina from Season 1? Elena could have swiped that too and hidden it herself.

Anyway, Elena would have been content to live the rest of her life in peace and hiding. However, Sloane was determined to find his daughter (is Nadia his?). As soon as Nadia was found, and she was connected to Rambaldi, Elena had to come back and keep and eye on Nadia and other goings on. I don't know or have any idea what Elena's end game might be.

It makes more sense to me this way without all the Mr. Vaughn/Brill gobbleygook. Just because it makes more sense does not mean it is right, though.

Zach :smiley:

MissingSark said:
Laura Bristow died when Syd was 6.  Syd was born in 1975, so that would make Laura's death in 1981.  So regarding that, the show was accurate. 

[post="1328147"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

So, do we know when in 1981 she died? How long after this mission of Jack's did she die? He said in this ep that he was planning to give notice to the CIA. So, something must have happened?

Also, when did Jack start working with Sloane at SD6? I can never keep everyone's timeline straight. I'm get fuzzy on the deets - it's been a while since I watched the old eps.

zjmac said:
Is it any coincidence that Sydney found the Rambaldi book in Argentina from Season 1? Elena could have swiped that too and hidden it herself.

Yowza! I had not thought of that - the missions are always all over the place so I had not made the connection about Argentina. Very cool. What other missions went on in Argentina?

Not quite sure I agree that Elena was not up to anything in the years between finding/getting Nadia and when Sloane found her... unless she was biding her time until bringing the prophecy to fruition...but it seems these Rambaldi types are always searching for artifacts and manuscripts and building "devices" - Elena seems no different.

:confused:

Irina killed many agents throughout her time with Jack, not in the same year that left jack.

SkyGirl5 said:
i mean didn't she have to?  Laura dies, nadia born, bill takes her, irina kills bill

*SO CONFUSED*

[post="1327931"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I have just realized that supposedly Bill Vaughn brought Nadia to Sophlena, so either was was a timeline mistake, or he never took Nadia anywhere and actually died in 1979, or even still didn't die but didn't have any connection to Nadia.

Here's how I see the timeline

1975 - Sydney is born
1979 - Bill Vaughn goes kaput (at the hands of a Derevko? not sure)
1981 - Irina fakes her death and flees to Russia with child
1981 - Nadia is born (her given name?) and taken away from Irina by KGB/Katya
1986? - Elena kidnaps Nadia from KGB and hides in Argentina

The whole thing with Vaughn's dad is really fishy. None of the dates seem to match when considering Bill Vaughn.

Was it an error on the show's part, or have we not learned the whole truth yet?

i think so jems
like if you completely disregard that bill vaughn ever existed or had anything to do with irina then the dates work
it just when youthrow in that whole 1979 thing it gets messed up

Back