Daughters

SkyGirl5

Cadet
Ok guys i got this idea after watching last night's ep 4.21 Search and Rescue.

Of course we all know it was kinda implied that nadia is jack's and since i already belived that in my sick,sick world of denial i just took it and ran with it

Let me emphasize that this is a ONE PARTER lord knows i don't need any more fics but this was too fun to pass up ;)

I hope you all enjoy it ^_^

daughters.jpg

“You’re going to enjoy getting to know Nadia. She’s exceptional.”

“I wonder where she got that from.”

Her words echoed in Jack’s head; he couldn’t stop them. Irina had always been mysterious, this he knew but, had she really meant what he thought she meant?

This thought ate away at him in the weeks following their mission together in Russia where they had destroyed the Rambaldi device and put an end to Yelena and Sloane once and for all. It had been a tedious mission, even more so with the tensions between their family.

Family. Jack laughed slightly at that thought. He, Irina, Sydney; yes, they were a family, a strange one no doubt. Now that Sydney and Vaughn were engaged he was family too, wasn’t he? Sure, although Jack knew for a fact that Vaughn would never want to call his mother-in-law family after everything that happened. But what about Nadia? She had been there. But was she... family?

Again Jack’s thoughts drifted back to Irina’s comment and that smile, the knowing smile she wore upon her face when she said that. She knew it would drive him mad. Hell, she probably did it on purpose just to make him think; make him second guess himself. She had apologized for having an affair with Sloane. Apologized. Did she mention the numerous other betrayals? Nope; not one. But that one she did. Why? He asked himself. Why?

It was driving him mad and Jack new that somewhere in the world Irina was laughing because she knew it was doing just that. After they saved the world (literally) Jack knew Irina would run. He knew it from the moment she signed the agreement to return to CIA custody. He knew it and honestly, he wanted her to run. She had spent the past year held prisoner by her wicked sister so she surely deserved some freedom before being hauled back to a cell once more.

Ah, who was he kidding? He didn’t want to see her behind bars. True, the was a time when he would have wanted nothing more but all that dissipated the moment he put that bullet in her head. He had thought about what it would be like to kill her, mostly in the years immediately following her betrayals of him. He thought it would bring him justice, vindication, closure. But it brought none of those things. All it brought was more heartbreak and an emptier place in his heart.

The truth was, whether he would ever admit it aloud or not, Jack loved her and killing her to save Sydney broke his heart, even more so when he found out it was all Yelena’s doing. No, he loved her. He knew for sure that he would never stop loving her the second he saw her appear from behind the trees with Sydney and Nadia. Even her punching him made Jack love her.

So as Jack sat at his desk in the APO offices, where he was now director thanks to Sloane’s untimely death, Jack’s thoughts drifted to Irina and he wondered where exactly she was. He thought hopefully that perhaps she would contact him, but no, that wasn’t her style. It seemed he was the one who always sought her out, but that was alright with him.

“Jack. Jack?” Someone called his name. He turned his head slowly to see Nadia smiling at him. “Sorry did I interrupt?”

“Uh no,” Jack said calmly. “No, you didn’t.”

“Alright. Here are the reports you asked for.” She said as she handed him a file folder.

“Thanks.” He said, giving her a slight, awkward smile. She smiled in return before leaving his office. Jack watched her go and walk down the hall towards her sister and Vaughn.

Again the wheels in Jack’s brain began to turn. Was Sydney Nadia’s half sister, or full sister? Interesting how that was his question not, do I have one or two daughters? The truth was even though Jack recognized Nadia as a sweet girl with a friendly disposition he had always purposely distanced himself from her knowing what she represented; another one of Irina’s betrayals. Still, he had to know, there was no way he could banish the thought from his mind without knowing for sure. But this clearly was a delicate situation. He surely couldn’t walk up to her and say “Hey, by the way, I might be your father, mind if we do a DNA test?” Not only was that not his style, no one should ever do that. No, he had to be more covert and thankfully he had all of APO at his disposal.

So just like he had when he questioned Sydney’s biological relation (a moment a weakness he chastised himself for) he had their medical records compared, but before he did a thought seeped into his brain. Was this simply another one of Irina’s games? A way for her to twist the knife so to speak. Irina knew what she said would push him to seek truth and if she knew that Nadia was Sloane’s she would be punishing him even further.

No, Jack told himself. He wouldn’t let himself think that way, again.

So he did it, he compared their records and the results surprised him, then again they didn’t. Nadia was his child. Now the question remained: what would he do with this information?

For one week Jack mulled it over in his cluttered mind. He envisioned a thousand possible scenarios. He first imagined a conversation with Irina. He thought perhaps she would smile with that mysterious grin of hers and say something in an all knowing voice like “Of course she’s your daughter Jack! Did it really take you that long to figure it out?”

Then he imagined Nadia’s reaction which was much more of a question mark to him. One very possible scenario was that she would be furious. Furious that he had dug into her medial records without her permission or just furious with him in general. Then he thought about the fact that for a year she had known Sloane as her father, a thought upon which he shuddered immediately. Sloane being anyone’s father; truly horrifying. But she had formed some bond with him, minimal as it was. But then again the events of their Russian mission crept into his mind. It had been Nadia that put the fatal bullet in Sloane. She was of course protecting her mother at the time but still, she had done it.

Jack wondered if he should tell Nadia at all. Truly, she had a right to know but, Jack knew he wasn’t the ideal father she deserved. Both of his daughters deserved much better than him but yet he was what they were stuck with. Sydney seemed alright with it, grant it she had over thirty years to adjust. Jack did pity Nadia though; well not so much pity but feel sorry for. In the past year her world had been flipped upside down and spun in crazy circled that would have made anyone sick. She discovered a sister, a father and a mother who was dead. That mother was brought to life once more and the father (the one she had known) was dead. To top it off, she discovered that the woman who raised her, the woman she trusted, was most likely one of the most evil and manipulative people on the planet who simply wanted to use and destroy her- and who also happened to be her aunt.

Finally he decided it would be best just to get it over with and tell her the truth. The only question was how to do it. Jack had never been a tactful man. He was the blunt and straight to the point type of guy and he definitely wasn’t good with emotions. Unfortunately this situation needed both tact and emotions. Jack hated to admit it, but he needed help, so he went to Sydney.

He went to her house one evening and knocked on the door. Vaughn answered.

“Hey Jack...” Vaughn said awkwardly.

“Good evening.” Jack nodded. “Is Sydney here?”

“Uh yeah, come on in.” He said as he stepped aside. Jack walked into his daughter’s home and found her in the kitchen mixing a salad on the counter.

“Hey Dad.” She smiled.

“Hello.” Jack nodded. “I was wondering if you had a moment. There is something important I need to discuss with you. It shouldn’t take long but...”

“Sure.” She said. “Vaughn will you watch the stove?” Sydney asked him. Vaughn nodded and took over her position in front of the salad bowl. Sydney walked over to the sitting area and Jack followed. “So what’s up?”

“I um...” Jack began. There were few points in his life where he was at a loss for words; but that was one of them. “Nadia is your sister.”

Sydney looked at him perplexed. Her father clearly did not make jokes but, she had no idea what he was talking about. “Um, I know that.” She said blankly.

Jack shook his head slightly. “I mean she’s my daughter; mine and Irina’s daughter.”

“What?” Sydney gasped.

“When your mother was here,” Jack began. “She said something to me, something that implied that Nadia was mine and not Sloane’s so... I checked her DNA against my own.”

“You- you’re serious?” Sydney asked in disbelief. Jack simply nodded. Sydney was stunned and she took a few deep breaths. Her eyes darted towards Vaughn who caught her eye knowing that he shouldn’t have been listening but he was anyway. “Um, does she know?” Sydney asked.

“No.” Jack said. “I was hoping you could...”

“Dad I can’t tell her.” Sydney said.

“I know that.” He said. “I was wondering... if you had any advice on how exactly to tell her?”

In the kitchen Vaughn made a suspicious coughing noise that sounded faintly like “make sure she doesn’t have a gun.”

“I don’t know... there is no easy way to say that so just... tell her.” Sydney said.

“I was afraid of that.” Jack said with a tiny smile. “I should go... I don’t want to interrupt your dinner.”

“Are you sure because...” Sydney began.

“I should go.” Jack repeated before walking to the front door and leaving her home.

Dread. Jack rarely felt it in his life but he felt it then. He had asked Nadia to meet with him at noon. It was 11:58. He saw her approaching and his heart skipped a beat. There was something different as he watched her walk toward him knowing that she was his. He noticed new things about her. Her smile and other facial features that were so similar to Sydney’s and clearly came from their mother; the way she walked with an air of utter confidence, also Irina’s. But her eyes, those were his.

“You wanted to see me Jack?” Nadia asked as she tapped lightly on his office door.

“Yes, please, have a seat.” Jack said. He reached for the envelope on his desk and picked it up with a slightly trembling hand. “Here.” He said as he handed it across the desk.

She took it and sat down in a chair opposite him before opening it up. As she read the tiny smile disappeared from her face and it contorted into one of confusion. “I... I don’t understand.” She said quietly as she looked up at him.

“I didn’t know.” He began. “Not until a few day’s ago. I didn’t know. It was Irina who said something.”

“She told you?” Nadia asked.

Jack shook his head. “Not in so many words. Merely implied and I... ran the test.”

“I see.” She said calmly. “So this is... for real?”

Again Jack nodded. Nadia had no response at all. They simply sat in a very uncomfortable silence for a moment or so. Finally, Nadia stood and ran a trembling hand across her brow. “I... I need to...” She said as she began to back towards the office door.

“I didn’t mean to upset you.” Jack said quickly. Nadia stopped walking. “Nor do I expect anything... I mean... well, I just wanted you to know.” Nadia didn’t respond she only backed out the door and walked away quickly and into the arms of Weiss, Jack noticed.

Nadia successfully avoided Jack for the next week, never ever making eye contact with him. Jack had to admit he didn’t expect anything different. But one evening as he was going home Nadia spoke to him. Jack was walking towards the elevators and Nadia was leaning against the walls of the alcove APO entrance way as if she was waiting for him.

“Jack.” She said quietly. He stopped and looked at her. “Would... would it, um, be alright if we had dinner some time?”

A tiny smile crept across Jack’s face. “Of course.” He said.

She smiled back at him. “Alright. Goodnight.”

“See you tomorrow.” Jack said.

As he drove home that night, Jack thought more seriously than ever about trying to contact Irina. After all they had many, many things to discuss. He was running through scenarios in his head as he fumbled with keys to his apartment. When he opened the door he saw a dim light emanating from one of the lamps beside his couch and a woman sitting next to it.

“Jack, why do you have a cat?” She asked as if they were already in the middle of a conversation. Jack didn’t respond so she just continued to talk as she stroked the purring animal on the sofa beside her. “I mean really, you are not a cat person.”

“How do you do that?” Jack asked in utter disbelief. She looked up at him questioningly. “How do you just... appear right when I was thinking about you?”

“Because I can,” she smiled. “You were thinking about me?”

Jack nodded as he sat on the couch next to her, shooing his pet away in the process. “I had an interesting conversation with Nadia.”

“Ah,” Irina nodded.

“How did you-“

“I was already pregnant.” She told him.

“And.... you didn’t say anything?” He asked.

She averted her eyes to the ground where the offended cat sat licking its paws. “For a while I thought I miscarried... but then I figured there was no point in making it harder than it already was.” She sighed. Then she lifted her gaze up to meet his once more. “I am sorry Jack, for it working out this way...”

Jack just smiled at her. “There you go apologizing for the strangest things again...”

She cracked a smile and laughed. Her laugh. It was probably the one thing Jack loved most about her. “Would you like something to drink?” Jack offered. Irina nodded. He walked to the kitchen and she followed him. He poured them both glasses of wine. “What should we toast to?” He asked as he handed her the glass.

“Our daughters.” Irina smiled.

Jack smiled back. “To our daughters.”

so fathers be good to your daughters,
daughters will love like you do,
girls become lovers who turn into mothers
so mothers be good to your daughters too

Lyrics: John Mayer, “daughters”

Sydney L Bristow said:
Im first!  wahoo!  Taht was so cool! Oh and I love your Picture! where did you find it? I would love to down load it!!!!
[post="1347813"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i made it :P

its 2 caps from alias-media combined together

and thanks guys :hug:

That was really good
I loved it
And i am so utterly happy that Nadia is Jacks!
That makes me estatic!
I wish you would continue on, but I doubt that will happen
You are a busy girl
Thanks for the PM and for sharing this with us

Great story Janet. Being in Australia I haven't seen the first episode of Alias season 4 let alone this one, but I loved it just the same.

Thanks for the PM

Interesting story. I enjoyed reading it. Jack should be Nadia's Dad. He's surely not perfect, but Sloane is just EWWW!! Nadia deserves better than Sloane as a Dad.
Thanks for the PM

That was so good. I hope that Nadia really is Jack's. It would be so much better that way, and after what Irina implied last night, it sound like that might just happen. :smiley:

Great Job!

Megan

That was great ... hehe poor Jack ... Vaughns so bad easedroping like that ... wow Nedias reaction was not what I expected ... thanks for the PM

In the kitchen Vaughn made a suspicious coughing noise that sounded faintly like “make sure she doesn’t have a gun.”

LOL

Janet, how do you crank out such wonderful tales so quickly? Thanks for the great story!

mightylittleone said:
LOL

Janet, how do you crank out such wonderful tales so quickly?  Thanks for the great story!
[post="1347914"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i dont know!
they just come to me

Back