David Anders Interview Continued

The conclusion of the David Anders interview from DavidAnders.com-

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KIND OF MUSIC, AND WHAT BANDS OR ARTISTS ARE YOU LISTENING TO PRESENTLY?

David Anders: Rock music! That is music. I'm not a hip hop fan. I'm not a big trance, techno fan. I'm a Radiohead fan. Radiohead is the greatest band ever to live. Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews Band, Tool, Depeche Mode, Jeff Buckley, Ryan Adams. I do like Korn. I am also a big show tunes fan. I like musicals. But Radiohead is the greatest. Geniuses.

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SPORTS?

DA: My favorite sport is football. Football is the greatest game ever created. It is the greatest game that will ever be created. I am a big fan of tennis, golf, and basketball. Baseball is OK, in post-season. Football.

WHAT IS IT LIKE ON THE SET OF ALIAS?

DA: It's terrific. As I said before, the cast is just phenomenal. Top to bottom. They are unbelievably sweet, and giving. We all get along very well. That is sometimes rare for a set. This being my first experience, I think it may be spoiling me for what I have to look forward to on other sets. I may come to expect what I have on Alias. I still treasure it though. It's great. It's just a great working family. Everyone is happy working, and the egos are always kept in check. I just love it. It's the best.

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE THE YOUNGEST PERSON ON THE SHOW?

DA: It feels great. I feel like the 'diaper dandy'. I'm the 'kid', I'm the 'baby'. I am, of course, the butt of many jokes however.

It feels great, you know. Being my age, and getting to work with the likes of Victor Garber, Ron Rifkin, Lena Olin, Jennifer Garner and everybody else on the show. It's just unbelievable. It is a privilege and an honor.

HOW DID YOU DEVELOP YOUR ACCENT FOR SARK?

DA: I never had to audition with a British accent. I auditioned with a couple of Eastern European accents. As soon as I got the part, I was surprised at this first script. It said 'Sark speaks with a British accent.' So I worked on it. I have a ear for it, I guess. I never worked with anybody prior to the show, and then I was hooked up with a great dialect coach, Fiona Neal. She worked with me a lot at the beginning, and she continues to help me from time to time.

I try not to worry about the accent though. If I do, then it becomes more about the accent, the voice, then it does the words. And I think that is a bad move. I believe I've fooled people, at least I hope I have. That's the only validation I need, so I don't have to worry about my accent so much as I did in the beginning.

ARE THERE ANY PLANS TO GIVE SARK A LOVE INTEREST ON THE SHOW?

DA: Sark does need a love interest, doesn't he? Good question. That would be cool. What about that blonde CIA agent that was on the show earlier? Or Evil Francie (in a evil voice). I would love to have a love interest. I think you are beginning to know more about Sark. I think he is becoming more rounded. It would be cool. I wouldn't mind doing some lip-locking, on the Alias set. (Laughs)

WAS IT A MAJOR CULTURE SHOCK MOVING FROM SOUTHERN OREGON TO LA?

DA: Of course it was. I came from a town of about 20,000 people, and that's being generous. Moving to a city with millions. I think I assimilated very quickly however. I think I have always been somewhat of a city-boy. Fast-paced fellow. At first though, it hits you like a wet, cold, dead fish. But it was pretty easy for me to become accustomed to it.

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE A CELEBRITY?

DA: I am more of a pseudo-celebrity I think. It's great. It's fun getting recognized by fans, and knowing what you are doing is affecting them in some way. It's nice knowing that people tune in every Sunday, or that they have to Tivo it or tape it. That's cool. It's very humbling.

Very interesting. We are always hearing from everyone how well everyone gets along, and I never tire of hearing it.
;)

GO DA!! He sounds like such a sweet guy! and he sounds like my type...honestly! if only i were 8 years older...but still i mean...he sounds like the kind of guy I would get interested in even if he wasnt a "celebrity"...His accent had me fooled for a while till i found out on here that it was fake...

Back