Superheroes DC's Arrow (The CW)

Tim

Creative Writer
Title: Arrow

Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2012-10-10

Creator: Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg

Cast: Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Katie Cassidy, Rick Gonzalez, Juliana Harkavy, Katherine McNamara, Joseph David-Jones, Ben Lewis

Overview: Spoiled billionaire playboy Oliver Queen is missing and presumed dead when his yacht is lost at sea. He returns five years later a changed man, determined to clean up the city as a hooded vigilante armed with a bow.
DC's Arrow (The CW)

http://www.tv.com/shows/arrow/

Too much of the teen/soap/reality/MTV influence in the first episode, but there's enough of the 'dark' and a touch of feeling of comic books to see how it goes.

Interesting as the first episode is out the viewers are asked to see if the hype matches up now it airs, since I've personally seen none of the advertising for it.

It's on Sky1 I think starting this Monday, so the advertising has been confined to the usual base 'sky' branded channels like living, 1, atlantic, etc.

Personally I'm really looking forward to this, being a big comic book fan, always interested to see a new show based on a book :smiley:

I don't know. Haven't really been too crazy about shows on the CW (or whatever that network is called now). I do hope it's well done for the fans of Green Arrow.

Too much of the teen/soap/reality/MTV influence in the first episode...
That is intentional as it is going after the Smallville demographics. As middle-aged guys, I don't think we will be their average viewer.

I got as far as episode 9 and just stopped watching it. I'm afraid it's off my list now.

incidentally, there is a new zombie series coming out fall 2013. I forget where I read that over the last 24hrs, but it was something about HBO including discussion of The Wire, Boardwalk Empire, Walking Dead.

I haven't been keeping up with Arrow because I have yet to see any of the episodes but that might have to change since it is being used to launch the upcoming Flash series.

Arrow caught my attention again today because in a bit of casting attention grabber Brandon Routh will be playing The Atom. Routh, of course, was also Superman in the 2006 movie Superman Returns.

With all of the various DC characters showing on Arrow I just hope that DC keeps it's continuity in regards to their upcoming movies.

I've started watching Arrow from from the beginning on Netflix. At 42 minutes per episode it's going to take me a while to binge watch it all!

I have to find out how many seasons there have been though; Netflix only has two listed.

Somebody please tell me Season 3 has a different tone than the first two seasons. Between the jarring fade-outs/fade-ins and the cinematography that feels like an afternoon soap opera it is hard to enjoy binge watching it. And, please, somebody tell the stunt coordinator that "parkour" fight scenes are stupid.

Arrow season 3 will be released to Netflix on October 7.

On the same day Arrow season 4 starts airing so if you need to binge-watch S3 yet then you'll need to DVR S4 until you catch up.

So, do you think....

... that Laurel will stay dead? It's not like people stay dead on that show. :P I almost feel bad about her characters departing because she was my least favorite actor on the show. She was the Tori Spelling of Arrow. I'm just surprised that they killed the character "Black Canary" unless they are planning on either another come-back-from-the-dead story line or another character will take on the role as a different identity.

OK, with both Arrow and The Flash wrapped up for the season, the question that is bugging me is...

With what Barry did in the finale of The Flash, does that mean that the current timeline of Arrow has also been wiped out and rebooted?! :o_O: Besides resetting the past couple of seasons it would allow for another 'resurrection' to occur and have Laurel/Black Canary return.

OK, with both Arrow and The Flash wrapped up for the season, the question that is bugging me is...

With what Barry did in the finale of The Flash, does that mean that the current timeline of Arrow has also been wiped out and rebooted?! :o_O: Besides resetting the past couple of seasons it would allow for another 'resurrection' to occur and have Laurel/Black Canary return.
Looks like there are some small changes in the Arrow timeline but nothing major.

Seems that Arrow has rebooted itself a bit back to Oliver working alone. I can't say that very much care for this season's big villian, Diaz, but having "Team Arrow" broken up was a welcome change.

Ricardo Diaz is still part of the overall storyline this season? Come on, let's move on to something new. :cautious: