Dead or Alive?

Okay, I was wondering how others feel about this topic. Do you like it when characters who are supposedly come back to the show? The best example is Allison Doren (aka Francie). We thought she was dead but she comes back in S3. Twice. And maybe she's still not dead. I've heard rumors going around that someone we thought was dead isn't dead at all and that's what got me thinking about all of this. Let's remain spoiler free as we discuss - make it hypothetical.

Here's a list of people presumed dead that actually weren't:
1. Laura Bristow (aka Irina)
2. Allison Doren (aka Francie)
3. Sydney Bristow (though never presumed dead by the audience)
4. Arvin Sloane (even though it was only for a few mintues)
5. Emily Sloane
(I think that's it)

What I kinda like about resurrecting characters is that brings back the characters that we've come to love (or hate) after we think they've gone. It was really nice to have "Francie" back in S3, especially for the Will episode. Plus, it gives me hope that we might see characters that we think are currently dead on the show again because it appears that no one actually dies in Alias World. What do you all think?

MissingSark said:
Okay,  I was wondering how others feel about this topic.  Do you like it when characters who are supposedly come back to the show?  The best example is Allison Doren (aka Francie).  We thought she was dead but she comes back in S3.  Twice.  And maybe she's still not dead.  I've heard rumors going around that someone we thought was dead isn't dead at all and that's what got me thinking about all of this.  Let's remain spoiler free as we discuss - make it hypothetical.

5. Emily Sloane
(I think that's it)

What I kinda like about resurrecting characters is that brings back the characters that we've come to love (or hate) after we think they've gone.  It was really nice to have "Francie" back in S3, especially for the Will episode.  Plus, it gives me hope that we might see characters that we think are currently dead on the show again because it appears that no one actually dies in Alias World.  What do you all think?
[post="1200355"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think it can be a good and bad thing, to be honest. On the one hand, I don't think there's an Alias fan out there who wouldn't want to see Irina Derevko back on the scene. On the other, very few would ever want Lauren Reed to rise from her Covenant death pit.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea no-one is forever killed off. Keeps the audience on their toes. But bringing a character back from the dead should only happen if there's a good reason. For instance, bringing Allison back in 'The Nemesis' worked because she had unfinished business with Syd. Though if she was killed by Will in 'Remnants' that her death was extremely weakly done, I think it should be final. I don't really see the point of bringing Allison back, except to please Merrin Dungey fans. It wouldn't do anything to enhance the storyline, unless it had a new twist.

My point is, by all means resurrect a few characters, but only if they'll have something interesting & necessary to do... :D

(For the record, aside from Irina, i'd like to see Conrad the monk back. They could do so much more with him...)

Oddly enough, I think there are a lot of characters that aren't coming back. Most of them, of course, are minor characters, Tamazaki, of course, and Bishop, but I don't think Emily's coming back either, or Diana, or Noah, or Danny. Hopefully we've seen the last of Allison Doren, too.

The main thing is 1) is there a good reason to bring the character back and 2) is there a plausible way to bring the character back?

In the case of Irina, for example, one reason to bring her back is that she's extremely popular and her story was left hanging. [spoiler for season 4:]
However, they've left themselves in thorny territory on point 2 because if she's alive, why on God's green earth would Jack Bristow ever pretend that she was dead--not only that, he personally killed her--thereby ensuring Sydney's hatred of him forever? That when she could have easily simply remained in hiding indefinitely.
'Splain that one away. ;)

I'm not a fan of it. it takes a way a lot of the credibility of the show. whenever a main character gets stabbed or shot or looks like they're in danger, I don't really take it seriously, because I know they won't really die. one or two characters is okay, but 3 is definitely pushing it. if Lauren returns, I'll be quite annoyed.

MissingSark said:
Okay,  I was wondering how others feel about this topic.  Do you like it when characters who are supposedly come back to the show?  The best example is Allison Doren (aka Francie).  We thought she was dead but she comes back in S3.  Twice.  And maybe she's still not dead.  I've heard rumors going around that someone we thought was dead isn't dead at all and that's what got me thinking about all of this.  Let's remain spoiler free as we discuss - make it hypothetical.

5. Emily Sloane
(I think that's it)

What I kinda like about resurrecting characters is that brings back the characters that we've come to love (or hate) after we think they've gone.  It was really nice to have "Francie" back in S3, especially for the Will episode.  Plus, it gives me hope that we might see characters that we think are currently dead on the show again because it appears that no one actually dies in Alias World.  What do you all think?
[post="1200355"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

another person that could be on the list is Vaughn.. in the S1 finale when hes trapped in the water.. i know at least i thought he was dead and i was really upset about it lol. but of course he wasnt dead. i kinda like it when people come back because its all in the alias style of like.. WOAH where did she come from? i thought she was dead?? but if they do it with too many people... it would get old after a while.

I understand why people don't want dead characters ressurected, but it seems like the rule on Alias is if there's no body, they aren't dead, no matter how many times they get shot, even though they broke that rule with Syd in s3. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Lauren back, even though she was pretty much made into swiss cheese. Looking at the comparison between s3 and s4, they need some evil character that hangs around for more than 1 ep. No one they've come up against this season seem to be much of a threat, and so the element of suspense is lacking.

brought back charecters freakin annoy me. I swear if LAuren comes back I will be seriously annoyed... Ok maybe not but really, after 3000 it gets a bit old...

Luv, LAnerz

yumyum_sark_&_vaughn said:
there are way to many "ressurections" in alias. for goodness' sake, its turning into eastenders!!
[post="1229107"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Wouldn't it be great if Sloane or Jack were killed off & resurrected & the first word they said to either of their daughters was...'Ello, Princess!...?.

Now that would be EastEnders!... :D

verdantheart said:
Oddly enough, I think there are a lot of characters that aren't coming back. Most of them, of course, are minor characters, Tamazaki, of course, and Bishop, but I don't think Emily's coming back either, or Diana, or Noah, or Danny. Hopefully we've seen the last of Allison Doren, too.

The main thing is 1) is there a good reason to bring the character back and 2) is there a plausible way to bring the character back?

In the case of Irina, for example, one reason to bring her back is that she's extremely popular and her story was left hanging. [spoiler for season 4:]
However, they've left themselves in thorny territory on point 2 because if she's alive, why on God's green earth would Jack Bristow ever pretend that she was dead--not only that, he personally killed her--thereby ensuring Sydney's hatred of him forever? That when she could have easily simply remained in hiding indefinitely.
'Splain that one away.  ;)
[post="1201877"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

u do have a point with y kill irina when she can just remain in hiding

but if someone (say the CIA) was looking for her it would probly be easier for her to fake death and then go into hiding cuz the CIA or whoever would think she is dead and stop looking for her. thats on theory and maby jack helped her go into hiding (but thats my wishful thinking cuz 1. i want irina alive and 2. i want irina and jack to be together

AJB said:
Wouldn't it be great if Sloane or Jack were killed off & resurrected & the first word they said to either of their daughters was...'Ello, Princess!...?.

Now that would be EastEnders!... :D
[post="1236925"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol:

I myself love the way they keep resurrecting characters....you never know who really is dead or who can just spring up, also I want Lauren to come back for a few episodes- I didnt like the way she was killed

Back