Web Stuff Dealing with spam

Well we can mange these in several ways,
1) Install Mods that will code the outside links automatically.
2) Hire moderators from different country and timeline, so that the forum can be moderated always by one staff.
3)IP ban the users spamming on your board.

forumese said:
Well we can mange these in several ways,
1) Install Mods that will code the outside links automatically.
2) Hire moderators from different country and timeline, so that the forum can be moderated always by one staff.
3)IP ban the users spamming on your board.

I did number 2 on another forum that I had on advanced hosting. I had administrators and moderators from various time zones so that the site at the time would have round-the-clock security. Members at the time complained about there being too many staff, but at the time I didn't care. The staff were there for the members' safety more than anything.

I seriously hate spammers but some of them actually like the communities and try to help alot, I've seen this happening and the spammer actually became a staff member with time..

If someone spams I ban them instantly. And I will not lift the ban under any circumstances, if your account got hacked, too bad you should have had a more secure password.

I have a very strict policy on spam.

death180 said:
If someone spams I ban them instantly. And I will not lift the ban under any circumstances, if your account got hacked, too bad you should have had a more secure password.

I have a very strict policy on spam.
yeah, i always use password generator :P

We have some anti-spam mods installed, and I'm a member of the StopForumSpam site where I check on daily spammers, and that has helped me a lot. Actually helped me stop one spammer right in their tracks before they can post anything at all. It's an awesome site and very useful.

Back