Dear Anna

Title: Dear Anna
Summary: Anna’s been waiting all her life to see her dad again and Sydney’s been dreading the day.
Idea: Based on the movie Dear Frankie, with a better ending, and Alias-ized.
Total Chapters: 11

Chapter 1

Dear Dad,
Did you know something? We're moving again. Mom says it's time. She says it's definitely the last time, but she says that every single time! Aunt Nadia says if there is a next time they'll have to carry her out in a box and mom says 'don't tempt her'. Thanks for the new book, this might be the best yet. Mom says she’ll buy me a new shelf soon. Hope to hear from you soon.
Lots of love,
Anna​

Twelve year old Anna Marie Bristow folded the piece of paper and placed it into an envelope. She wrote the same address she had been writing for six years on the outside and licked the flap. Holding it in place to let the glue dry, she couldn’t help but smile.

Writing to her dad was always the one thing she could take with her, every time they moved. She couldn’t wait to read his reply. She set the letter on the table, and began packing her stuff once more.

“Where are we going this time mom?” Anna asked, placing her beloved stuffed elephant in the box. She was used to packing up and leaving town on a day’s notice. She didn’t understand why they left, but she never questioned her mother.

“Just down to Fuery.” Sydney answered, wrapping mugs in newspaper for safekeeping. “Did you write your father again?” She asked, looking at the envelope left on the table.

“Yeah. I hope he sends me another book.” She replied excitedly. It had become a habit in their letters for him to send a book and she would write back telling him about it. He always encouraged her to read anything she could get her hands on and she did. She knew he liked hearing about all the books she read.

“He will.” Sydney said confidently.

“How do you know?” Anna asked, pausing in her work to stare at her mother.

“Well, he always does, doesn’t he?” Sydney smiled at her daughter. “You’re going to need another shelf soon.” She commented on the number of books her daughter had. Anna always liked to display her books on a shelf that was becoming quite full.

“What part of France?” Anna asked, dropping the topic and reverting back to her original question.

“It’s right on the coast. You’ll love it.” Sydney assured, remembering the brochure she found on the town. It was directly on the coast of the English Channel, and was said to be very beautiful. There was also a dock close by called Port Howat with plenty of ships coming and going.

“Are we going to stay there, for good?” Anna pleaded with her mother.

“We’ll just have to see.”

TBC...

uhhu uhhu!! first!! yay!!
i like it!! really! just a little confused about the title... Anna is clearly not dead... anyway... Why are they moving??? why doesn´t her dad live with them??? please, PM me!! :woot:

I love Dear Frankie! It's such a fabulous movie. I just watched the other day but it would have never occured to me anyone would write a fanfiction based on it, amazing idea!

Can't wait to see how the rest plays out even though I kind of know ;) I can't wait to see how you write it.

Looking forward to the next chapter,
Erica

I'm curious as to why Sydney keeps moving and why Vaughn isn't with them? If you're keeping a pm list on this fic, could you please add me?

Chris

OO very interesting!!! (y)
-Why do they move all the time? Where is Vaughn (asuming he's the dad)? Why are Syd and Vaughn apart? Soo many questions!!! Can't wait for more!!
-Thanks for the pm!!

I'm getting a weird feeling that Vaughn (Anna's dad?) is dead.. and Sydney's been writing those letters to Anna posing as her dad... Please say I'm wrong. Please?

Great start. Keep me on the pm list.

Back