Dear Anna

Okay, so when I read this, I never read the movie summary so I had this whole idea that Syd was running from Vaughn and Vaughn wanted to see Anna, but Syd wouldn't let him.

Then I read the summary just now.
I was soooo off..

Vaughnie is gonna be the hire-a-dad, right? :D

Please Reveiw!!

Chapter 2

“Hey munchkin, you all packed?” Nadia asked of her niece.

“Yup.” Anna answered, taking her final box of books to the car and loading it into the back. She climbed into the front seat with her mother and aunt, ready to set off on another journey.

They pulled up to their new home many hours later, exhausted from the trip. It was twilight, and they couldn’t see very far off to the water, but enough to know it was there. The cool breeze swept over the land, assuring the small family that they were somewhere new that was full of possibilities.

“Let’s get to bed, we have a big day tomorrow.” Sydney ushered Anna inside and up to the small room that she would call her own. Tucking her daughter under the covers, she left a kiss on her forehead and went back downstairs to unpack what they could.

Sydney found the letter Anna wrote on the dashboard, waiting to be mailed. She placed it atop the box she was carrying in, setting them on the dining room table.

“Nadia, I’m tired, I’m gonna head up to bed.” Sydney hugged her sister, retiring upstairs to get some sleep before facing the next new day.

A week passed, Sydney had found a decent job at a local coffee shop, Anna started in her new school, and all were happy. Anna’s first letter got mailed as well as another, after she started school.

Dad,
Guess what? From my window, you can see the sea. It’s really beautiful. We do geography at school, dad. I’m really good at it. Mrs. Mackenzie gave me two gold stars.
I made a friend here too. Her name’s Claire, and she’s horrible at geography. Talk to you soon.
Love from your daughter,
Anna​

Anna sat in class, reading the assigned material with the rest of the students. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see Claire handing her a folded piece of paper. She took it and opened it quietly, so the teacher wouldn’t hear.

For the rest of the day she couldn’t wipe the grin off her face.

While Anna was at school, Sydney got on a bus headed towards Normandy. After a hour long bus ride, she got off the bus in a small business district. She went down to the local post office and walked inside.

“Name?” The teller asked.

“Bristow, 647.” She answered, telling him the box number as well.

“Take a seat and I’ll get right on it.” The man said with a smile. Sydney sat down in one of the chairs across from the window, patiently waiting for the old man to find her mail. He returned moments later, handing her two letters.

“Thanks.” She replied and left the post office to find someplace quiet. She followed the sidewalk a few meters before she came upon a bookstore. The owner immediately recognized her.

“I was wondering when you’d be back.” He smiled and took a novel from the shelf behind the counter. “I got a good one for ya. She’ll love it.”

“Thanks.” Sydney said quietly, paying for the book and wandering off to find a table to sit at.

Dear Anna,
Glad to hear you made some new friends in France. It’s a very pretty city, I’m sure. How was that last book I sent you? I hope you enjoyed it, I can’t wait to hear about it. We’ll be docking at the Cape soon, and I can’t wait to get a look around. I hear it’s magical this time of year.
The sea out here is such a clear blue, just like the stone in your mom’s engagement ring. Ask her about it and she’ll tell you. I better go now, it’s my turn on watch. Be good for your mom.

Sydney wrote, making her handwriting look different than her normal style. She hated having to lie to her daughter, but she had to protect her from the truth. She knew she should stop, but she didn’t feel that Anna was ready for that yet. Rather, Sydney wasn’t ready for that yet.

She didn’t want to crush her daughter’s hope, but she just couldn’t bring herself to tell her the truth. Finishing the letter off with ‘Lots of love, Dad’ she had to force herself not to remember the horrible man that was Anna’s real father. He didn’t deserve their love. He didn’t deserve anything after the way he treated her.

Sydney had told Anna that her dad was working on a ship. The ‘Sancta Marina’ traveled all over the world, exploring all the wonderful places Earth had to offer. Anna was proud of her father, thinking he was being brave and traveling the seas.

What she didn’t know, couldn’t hurt her, right?

TBC...

OK!!! I didn't see that one coming!!!
-Well now I really hope that her father isn't Vaughn...by the way Syd thinks of him!!!
Can't wait for more!! Thanks for the pm!!

Anna's real father had to be abusive. I'm also thinking that the reason why Sydney keeps moving is because Anna's father is trying to find them. I'm almost positive Anna's father isn't Vaughn.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Now you have me very intrigued. I'm hoping now that Vaughn isn't Anna's father. Maybe she meets Vaughn soon. Can't wait for more

Thanks for the PM

Chapter 3

“Mom! Look!!” Anna yelled as she entered the house. She had been in Fuery for a few weeks already and was already top in the class at Geography. Sydney saw that Anna had a newspaper clipping in her hands.

“What is it Anna?” Sydney asked curiously. Anna shoved the paper to her mother, bouncing around the kitchen table excitedly. Sydney looked down and as she saw that the title of the article was ‘Sancta Marina Docks at Fuery’, her heart dropped.

She found the name on a postage stamp, she didn’t know it was a real ship.

Dear Dad,
Sorry I haven’t written in a few days, I’ve been busy. You must be busy too though, having to change course like that. I can’t wait to see you though.
I know you’re only three days away, so if you don’t get this that’s ok. If you can’t come to see me, I’ll understand. It’s been a long time and you’ve probably changed. I know I have. I’m 4’8 and have brown hair, just like mom.
~Anna​

Now Anna was eager to finally meet her father and when they docked, she would soon find out she had been lied to. Sydney felt her perfect little world come caving in on her and her one mistake. Anna would surely be crushed and never speak to Sydney again.

“Can we go on Saturday?!” Anna asked, pleading with her chocolate brown eyes.

“We’ll see. He might not even be allowed leave time.” Sydney didn’t want to disappoint her daughter. She was hoping she wouldn’t have to tell her for a bit longer. She wasn’t ready to crush her little girl’s dreams. “Go do your homework, I have to talk to Aunt Nadia.”

“Okay!” Anna squealed, bouncing off to her room. She hadn’t been this happy in a long time. Unfortunately, it wouldn’t last.

“What’s going on in here?” Nadia asked, hearing noise in the kitchen that was louder than normal.

“You should look at this.” Sydney handed her the newspaper clipping and Nadia looked over it carefully.

“Is that what I think it is?” She asked, looking back up at Sydney. She nodded sadly and sat down at the kitchen table. “I knew something like this was going to happen. I told you, didn't I? What are we going to do?” Nadia questioned, sitting down across form Sydney at the table.

“Move?” She suggested seriously.

“Sydney, listen, you can’t keep running, you’ve got to face this sometime. Tell Anna the truth. She should know what her dad was. Then maybe she'd stop wishing for him.” Nadia looked Sydney in the eye. “Have you forgotten what it was like?”

“No, I haven’t.” Sydney looked away. “But it’s over now. It’s over and done with. Danny’s dead.” She defended.

“Danny’s not dead. I check that paper every week. I know he’s not.” Nadia retorted. “He could walk in through that door any minute now and take what’s his.”

“No, he won’t.” Sydney refused to believe what her sister was saying.

“How do you know that?” Nadia knew her sister was just deluding herself.

“I just know it.” Sydney admitted. “I just can’t tell her.”

“Sydney, I’m your sister and I love you, but you’re wrong.” Nadia stated, getting up and pouring herself more tea. Nadia had often wondered why this charade had lasted as long as it had. It was pure coincidence that there was actually a ship called the Sancta Marina and it was going to be docking in their city. “She doesn’t need lies and a letter. She needs her dad.” Nadia pointed out.

“I know.” Sydney replied sadly.

“Well, what are you gonna do when her father doesn’t come walking off that ship, ready to greet her with open arms?” She asked, hating that Sydney had to lie to Anna about her father.

“I don’t know.” Sydney sighed, dropping her head to the table.

TBC...
Pm List
Faye Vaughn
farliieansds225
texasalias2004
vaughnshoney
Rica18
tunita
ChrisM
mnkdance963
Kate_14
fire*N*ice
aprilsfool6
phoenix shotgun 47
funkymonkey
tubby
MH55995
sydneymicheal
krzykty57789
SydneyVaughn47
sydneyalias
aliasfan212
Catpin

ok... so vaughn isn´t Anna´s dad. that´s good. only... that one answer brought a bunch of other questions... hope you update soon!
nadia is soo right by the way

awesome update!!
syd needs to either tell anna the truth or like go find a ship guy on the boat aka vaughn and be like its ur dad .. i think that happened in some movie..not sure which one though
loved it
cant wait to see how syd solves this problem
thanx for the pm
cant wait for more

Back