Season 5 Death By Glass Shard

It just occurred to me that Episode 5.13 "30 Seconds" had 2 incidents that parallels Episode 4.20 "The Descent". I wonder if that could be a hint of the writers pulling a trick on us. It does show that the writers are paying attention to past episodes.

In Episode 5.13, Nadia goes to Arvin's desk to get scissors to cut her hospital wristband off and discovers Page 47. Sloane tells her that it isn't what it looks like. He can explain. Nadia is heartbroken and says that she can see when he talks about Rambaldi he changes. Nadia tells him that the past months were like a living hell. She explains that she was aware of everything but couldn't tell anyone. Nadia says Sloane has to choose between Rambaldi and her. He tells her not to make him chose. So she throw it into the lit fireplace. Sloane sees the Mark of Rambaldi appear on the parchment and tries to get it. Nadia struggles to pull him away, but he shoves her back. Arvin gets it out of the fire, but Nadia falls through a glass table and gets her throat slashed with broken glass. It is embedded in her throat. She gasps and then is very still - like she's dead.

Jack arrives at Sloane's house and is shocked to see that Nadia is lying motionless on the floor with the piece of glass embedded in her throat. In voiceover, Sloane coldly narrates that he realises that death is a necessary price and that he is chosen.
-------------------------------------------------

In Episode 4.20, Sloane and Nadia track the Sphere of Life to an underground chamber in a cave. As they head down the stairs, Sloane explains “Rambaldi wrote that a man would come and discover the true meaning of his work. And in doing so, change the world. I always wanted to be that man.”

Sloane opens the door to the chamber and when he lights an oil lamp, the other oil lamps automatically ignite too through some Rambaldi technology. The floor looks like stained glass pattern of the symbol of Rambaldi. Arvin looks in delight at the floor saying that it’s made of glass. He tells Nadia “Think of it. You and I are the first ones to set foot in here in almost five hundred years. Do you have any idea how many lesser people have dreamed of this moment? And only you can complete this.”

Nadia cautiously walks on the stain glass floor which creaks at her weight. She approaches the pedestal and the box containing the sphere. Nadia opens the box and sees the sphere inside. Sloane wants her to bring him the box. But she touches the sphere and has a series of visions: a tank in a smoke filled city square, Sydney being strangled by a chain, riot police with plexiglass shield pushing rioters, fire, rioters, the Mueller device, Sydney’s head being twisted, and a person with red glowing eyes. Nadia is disturbed by the horrible visions and says “You lied. It was not about peace.”

Nadia leaves the pedestal without the sphere. Arvin tries to order her to go back and get it, but she explains “You think you can control this power, but it’s poisoning you. Don’t you see it? You don’t have to do this, please. Let’s just walk away, you and I, together.” Sloane calls her a coward and says he doesn't need her. He walks across the cracking glass and says “He chose me” as he tries to get box himself. He reaches the pedestal, closes the box and says “See” in triumph. But the floor collapses and he falls into a pit. When Nadia climbs down, she finds that her father has a large glass shard imbedded into his chest and another one in his leg. She pulls out the one in his leg and uses her belt as a tourniquet. Sloane is surprised that she is still there after what he did. Nadia tells him that he’s lost a lot of blood and she must remove the shard in his chest. He groans in agony after she pulls the glass out of him, then his head slumps.
---------------------------------------------------

That glass shard in Sloane's chest had to be lethal. Yet it was never explained how Arvin recovered. He was far from medical attention. I speculated Nadia used the Sphere of Life to heal her father, but was never shown. Suppose that everything since then is Arvin's delusion from blood loss? Having him say that he is chosen and having Nadia getting "killed" by a glass shard can't be a coincidence.

That would be reminiscent of "St. Elsewhere"'s snowglobe and the finale of "Newhart". Comments? :grad:

i noticed this too
the first thing i said when i saw nadia' with teh glass in her neck was like - um hello, full circle? cuz of sloane with the shards of rambaldi glass in his chest...
sucks for her though, although, somehow i think she might be returning - jack does seem to have a way with rambaldi juice and hey, let's face it, does anyoen ever really die?

I was soo sad when Nadia died...I cried. I hope sooo much that she retuens, and if anyone has info on if she will or not, post it! on spoilerfix.com I read that she will be in next weeks episode and part 1 of the season finale, but I hope not as a corpse or ghost!

i noticed that it was a lot like that episode where arvin was hit with a shard of glass, but r u suggesting that everything we see now is a delusion
i woudl NOT liek that at all!
i hope ur not right about that
i think alias just lieks repeating thins a lot

i noticed that it was a lot like that episode where arvin was hit with a shard of glass, but r u suggesting that everything we see now is a delusion
i woudl NOT liek that at all!
i hope ur not right about that
i think alias just lieks repeating thins a lot

I wouldn't like everything to be Sloane's delusion, but since it was never explained how Sloane survived having that glass shard in his chest, in a pit in some remote cave, far away from doctors, that is a possibilty.

The blood loss from Sloane's wounds would have been serious - but not as extreme as Naughn's from getting machine-gunned. :P

I was soo sad when Nadia died...I cried. I hope sooo much that she retuens, and if anyone has info on if she will or not, post it! on spoilerfix.com I read that she will be in next weeks episode and part 1 of the season finale, but I hope not as a corpse or ghost!

I hope she returns too. It's sucks that she died...

I am sad as to see Nadia die by the hands of the evil power and his freaking desire to be the chosen one by Rambaldi ...

but if you are suggesting that Nadia used the Sphere of Life to save Sloane ... I am thinking ... would it be difficult for Nadia to have survived this glass shard??? I mean she has been injected by the green juice ... could this help her?

damn u SLOANE DAMN U, i hate hims, he should have died in that episode when we fall through the glass, and now poor helpless nadia has to die instead. jesus i know its the last season and all, but why did they have to kill her off and then Renae and she got slashed in the throat tooo, mb thats a coicendence???

Back