Death, or Something Like It

Thanks everyone! i am almost finished with school, i just have to get through this week and then exams!!! i have an idea about the next chapter, but i haven' gotten a chance to write it down....hopefully i'll be able to start tonight, though i can' t promise that i'll be able to post it because next weekend, i am going to be cramming for finals, but it will be up definitely after exams!

thanks for the luck timmy--i'll need it!
and to answer your question, i have posted my story at SD 1 and at Allies, but its all the same....i haven't written the next chapter yet, but when i do, it will go up at all 3 places at the same time...if for some reason i only get a chance to post at one or two sites, i'll try and let you know

siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. Vaughnie, why'd you go and get married? Just look at the way you're cuddling with Syd. You know you still love her. Now, discard that silly little ring and silly little wife and GET BACK WITH SYD!

:smiley:
Rachel

P.S.- write more, fantastico!

Sorry for the double post, but in my defense, it's been a while since I posted above. (Don't smite me Alias Elle!)

Absta, I just had to point out that I was laughing so hard.... my fic is named Love, or Something Like it.

Ironic, isn't it?

Plagarism!!! haha, j/k. ;)

Rachel

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE this story!!!!!!!! It's SOOO great!!!! It's so sweet and perfect and OH! I LOVE IT!!!!! MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!! HURRRRRY!!!!!

wildwildrae--ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! THAT IS SOO FUNNY!!! HAHA,i seriously didn't know that!! when i was trying to come up with a title, i was going to have it, Life, or something like it, but then i realized that was the title of a movie, so i didn't want to have that, so then i was like, ok, whats the opposite of life?? DEATH of course, so that's how i came up with it! haha that's really funny!
THANKS alias!!! it turns out i lied, timmy, something happened at Allies, and my thread got taken off, so i reposted it there and added chapter 3, i would add it here, except that it's on my other computer, so i haven't gotten a chance, i might be able to do it tonight or tomorrow, but if you want to read it you can go to....ok well i can't seem to access the website right now, but if you go to http://www.web-glitter.com/alias/home.html and then click the Alllies link and then go to Syd/Vaughn Romance G-PG it should be there!
sorry, i hope their server hasn't crashed!! oh dear, i don't want to think about it.....i'll try and get chapter 3 up as soon as i can! PROMISE! and thanks for reading!!!

heehee, yeah... I remember that movie... wasn't Angelina Jolie in it? :blink: hmm, I dunno, I didn't see it. I didn't get my title from that though, strange, these coincidences...

weird! :abduct:

Rachel

P.S.- now you have to go read my fic, maybe we could do a crossover! heehee. :P

YEAH! i will read your fic!! it is funny how these things happen
Ok, here's the deal...i am posting the 3rd chapter, and i don't know WHAT is happenign at Allies, cuz their site is pretty screwed up...i keep posting my story there and then it disappears next time i go on the site! very strange, they dont even have a record of me as an author...so, i don't know what kind of problems they're having......
ANyway, here it is, i know you guys are all going to hate me after this chapter, but it had to happen, it was inevitable....im sorry, really, i am...i hated having to write it in, anyway, you'll see what i mean...but it will all work out, i promise!!

Chapter Three

Sydney woke to a familiar smell and an all to familiar feeling in her stomach. Dragging herself out of her deep sleep, trying to get her head moving as fast as her heart. If only she could remember why her heart was racing so fast. Then she placed the smell—Vaughn. She smiled, as she buried her face into his neck, suddenly remembering where they were—Santa Barbara. She kissed his neck, gradually making her way up to his mouth, when he woke up. He lay there; eyes wide open, staring at the ceiling, his body as rigid as a board.

“Syd…” he began gently pushing her away, “I can’t,” he said miserably.

Sydney sat back on her heels, staring at him quizzically. She was about to ask what the hell he was talking about when the memory of what happened the night before barreled into her. She fought down a wave of nauseous, taking deep breaths.

“Oh, my god, I-I completely forgot. Oh my god, and your married! I’m sorry Vaughn, I really didn’t remember.”

She crawled out of the bed and stumbled into the bathroom. She splashed some water on her face, trying to regain her composure after having to relive the horrible night. She walked back into the bedroom to find Vaughn getting dressed. He looked up when she came in, concern written all over his face.

“You okay?” he asked, walking toward her. She backed away, shutting him out emotionally and physically, ignoring the hurt in his blazing green eyes.

“Yeah, I’m fine. So what time is our flight?” she asked, while unconsciously making the bed, avoiding his gaze.

“11:30, we should probably get going.” She had shut him out of her life once again. He had always tried to make things easier for her, this time, however, in an effort to make his own life simpler, he had make hers much more complicated.

“Syd—you know you can still talk to me,” he said desperately trying to break down her emotional barrier. “Nothing has changed between us.”

She stopped making the bed, her eyes boring into his head, her gaze as cold as ice. “Really?” she said sarcastically. “I’ve been gone for two years, Vaughn, two years, you’ve changed, moved on, gotten your own life. Everyone back home is going to have changed, nothing is going to be the same, except me. I’m the only one who is still stuck back in 2003.” She stared at him incredulity, “Did you really think that I would waltz back into your married life and confess all my fears and desires? If you did, then you really don’t know me anymore.”

“Sydney—that’s not what I meant!” he yelled, louder than he had intended. He was angry, not at her, though, at himself, did he really not know her anymore? He didn’t think he could ever accept that he didn’t know Sydney Bristow. Deep down, he had known that she would shut him out, get angry with him. He also knew that it was going to take a long time for her to open up again, but it was worth the wait.

“Vaughn—lets just forget it okay? We have an entire flight to LA left, lets not waste all of our arguments here.” She said bitterly, as they left the safe house and walked toward Vaughn’s car.

The flight to LA was long and tedious. Most of it was spent in silence between the two of them. Vaughn wasn’t to eager to tell Sydney about his life the past two years, and Sydney wasn’t very eager to hear it. Vaughn noticed her fidgeting in her seat, constantly switching positions, wringing her hands, crossing her legs. He could tell she was nervous about going back to LA, seeing all of her friends. To her, she had just seen them, but to everyone else, it had been almost two years.

“Syd—it’s going to be fine, everyone has missed you so much.”

She looked at him, but gave him know response or even acknowledgement. He hadn’t expected her to, but it hurt none-the-less.

When the plane finally landed, they got off, and collected their baggage. Sydney was just about to ask how they were getting from the airport to the CIA (she assumed that was where they were going) when a blonde woman with short hair and striking blue eyes walked toward us, smiling. The recognition hit Sydney like a lightening bolt.

“Michael! Over here!” she said, waving to them.

Sydney glanced at Vaughn and saw the surprise on his face. He looked at Syd sadly, silently apologizing to her. He hadn’t meant for it to happen like this. He actually hadn’t meant for it to happen at all.

“Oh my god,” she said, seeing Sydney and throwing her arms around her. “Michael has been worried sick about you! I am so glad you’re back…and safe,” she added, smiling meaningfully. “Maybe Michael will finally be able to settle down and have those kids I’ve been talking about.”

Vaughn stood there, speechless, as he hugged his wife. When he found his voice he said, somewhat shakily, “Sydney, I think you know Alice,” then added, “my wife.”

AHHHH!!! i know, i know!!!! IM SORRYYYYYYY!!! i HATE HER TOO!!!! but it WILL work out, promsie....cross my heart and hope to die, tho i can't promise WHEN it will work out, i will do my best tho....
What i am trying to do is figure out how i think syd will react to Vaughn being married...i mean she wouldn't throw her arms around him and beg him to take her back...i think that she would be very reserved, acting like she didn't care, but its pretty obvious that she does...you know what i mean??? basically, i think she will shut him out of her life, cuz essentially, she believes thats what he has done...even tho that's not the case, that;s how she views his marriage.....
OK, chapter four will be up as soon as i get an idea and write it! haha, sorry, i have exams next week and i am lacking in ideas....i might be able to get a short chapter up this weekend....
THANKS for READING!! now i have to go read wildwildrae's fic!! :smiley:

hrm...my guess is she'll be the ice queen until 1) she can't anymore 2) Vaughn can't deal with it anymore 3) Alice dies. One of those three is my guess...but I want to see what you decide to do!

please write more soon!!!

musically83 said:
hrm...my guess is she'll be the ice queen until 1) she can't anymore 2) Vaughn can't deal with it anymore 3) Alice dies. One of those three is my guess...but I want to see what you decide to do!

please write more soon!!!
:angelic: I HATE ALICE SHE NEEDS TO DIE....SYD AND VAUGHN 4EVER

please pm me when u get more up

alice arrives!! more tension!!! cant wait 4 the next chap!! i think the way u r showing syd reacting 2 him being married is fitting in perfectly w/ her character. post more soon

His wife no anyone but her perferably Syd but not alice! Didn't Alice call her Rita! Great story!
Can you add me to your PM list.
~ASH~

Back