Death

hey!! this is just a creative response to the book Fly Away Peter which i NEVER recommend to anyone, coz it sucks. i a proud of this, so i thought i would post it here.

the assignment that i chose was:

4.Chapter 17 of the novel is an account of Jim’s experience of dying. How would you describe death? Write and account of your own death, this can be in poetic or prose form.

and here it is

aid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Numbness. Complete and utter numbness. And nothingness. A blank and empty void. I can’t feel anything, not pain, not pleasure. I try to move, but cannot. I try to talk, but the same results. I find myself unable to make myself move, and I’m dumb, and slowly becoming deaf, and blind. I can still faintly hear the screams of someone, the voices of others. From here it sounds like mindless chatter, although it may be important. I can’t make out any words other than my name. I mainly see white, with shadows and black forms, although they are unrecognizable. I feel my head roll to face the other direction, but I myself did not try to move it. It seemed to move on its own, I had no power over it, or do I now. The voices have stopped, and the forms coming closer. They are doing something. I shut my eyes, for I am no longer numb, but in a great amount of pain. I softly moan, and no one hears. The pain is intense and consuming. I know that it will overtake me until I am eventually destroyed by it. I open my eyes quickly; to see another form move, but the pain soon overwhelms me, causing me to shut them again. All of a sudden, the pain stops. And I am numb again. I now know that what others say is true; you don’t know pain until you feel relief. I don’t want the pain to come back. My hearing has improved, and I can hear a voice. I am soothed by it, although I cannot hear what they are saying. It gives me comfort, something to focus on, other than the nothingness, the black abyss. The voice stops, and the comfort gone. The darkness creeping up on me, and I know that it will win. What once was a bright white is now black. I can make out no forms, and am not even sure whether my eyes are open or not. I am not sure what is going on, for I feel nothing, but the slowing of my mind and thoughts, the slow, but surely coming loss of consciousness. I try to fight it, but I know that it is futile. I am dying. My life seems to be leisurely coming to an end, and I wish that it would hurry. Not that I want to die, but I don’t wish to linger here in limbo, between life and death, and longer than I have to. My life is lingering there, trying to hang on, due to my strong spirit, I suppose. All in vain, for my time is up, or it will be, soon. I will die, and I know that. I don’t regret what I did in life, for I don’t believe in regret. I lived my life, I played my part, which is now over, much sooner than I thought it would be. I know that I am fading into the nothingness, although I cannot feel it. I will become a part of the black, and soon. And it comes, suddenly. Death. Numbness. Complete and utter numbness. And nothingness. A blank and empty void.

That was so good!
You are a great writer!
Hope you teacher appreciated your work!
Do you have another "fic"?

Muse

Back