Politics Death

What do you think happens after you die?

• Nothing. You're dead.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You go to some sort of afterlife (heaven, hell, whatever.)

• You are reincarnated into a new body here on earth.

• Other (please explain.)

• Total voters
Even though i am not christian or religious, for various reasons... i do believe in an afterlife. I have reasons for this too... a few years ago about 4 of my relatives died pretty much around the same time. 2 in the same week. 1 within a few months from that and another a little later in the year.
My Auntie was one of them and she was a great person, a nurse and she couldnt have children of her own but she helped other children from around the world. Her and my uncle kinda became pen pals with this small boy and paid for him to go to school etc. They were extremely religious and when my Auntie got cancer she died a lot sooner than we expected her to. After this I have always believed that because she was such a great person that she must have gone somewhere. I dont think that people 'walk around' in some kind of heaven. What i believe is that they look down on you, in spirit, not in person. They cannot feel but can see. I dont really know why i think this, but if im sad and look up at the stars sumtimes i can my relatives looking down on me, expecially my grandad on my birthday as we shared a birthday.
xx helen xx

As much as a i hate thinking about death, i have considered what happens after someone dies quite a few times. I've come to the conclusion that i just dont know. i hope there is a heaven and a hell, although if i had to choose just one it would be the former rather than the latter :smiley:

ms.katejones said:
This totally reminds me of the movie Flatliners where Kieffer Sutherland, Kevin Bacon, Julia Roberts, and one of the Baldwin bros (can't recall which) play doctors who deliberately flatline and then bring each other back to life to figure out what happens after we die.
[post="1200478"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

ooh, true. i haven't seen that movie, but i've heard of it. maybe i'll check it out sometime...

yendySwotsirB said:
That wouldn't be my first choice.  But I do think I will take a look at the bible and ask God if he is real and if there is a heaven and hell, to please let me know.  I may even check out church.

I think if he is real, he will let me know.  At least I have been told that by a friend who is a christian.
[post="1200830"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
i see. much luck to you figuring things out.

When you experience things you can't explain and that people doubt your 'experience' it makes you wonder and eventually realise there is more to this life than it seems.

mhm...in my opinion nothing happens to you after you're dead.....I'm atheist, and i also don't believe in any other higher energy, so I don't have any reasons why i should believe in any life after the death or something

Well...I'm Jewish...so personally I don't believe in reincarnation. although i frequently think about it...also i dont believe in a hell...as G-d is the only Supreme Being...but i respect the views of fellow christians none the less. So I believe in an Afterlife...in a Heaven...then the question of what happens to bad sinners (hitler) comes into play and i like to think that either they go up and they sit round not getting into Heaven...or nothing happens to them after they die. Sometimes i think that it depends on what you believe and that if you believe in a Heaven, then to Heaven you go...but thats not frequently that i think about it and i dont really believe in that. And also, i agree with the fact that, if we have a purpose here, someone put us here, that someone was G-d, and if there's a G-d, I think that there is an Afterlife.

Thanks for reading,
-Sayyad.

Back