Dec 21, 2012

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
In just 19 days, according to several prevailing doomsday theories, the world will end. :eek:

This gives me just under 3 weeks to save the world. :mad:

If you're still here on the 22nd of December, you will know that I was successful. (y)

In appreciation for me saving the world, I will accept money, exotic cars, and property, as a form of payment. Other forms of gifts are welcome. ;)

Now, please, excuse me, I have a job to do.... :D

1303796841992.jpg

Well, my alien friends will be showing up soon so I'll have to clean the house and stock up on snacks.

aliens.jpg

"Let's order take-out and bring it to Starbeast's house. Anyone spot an Asian food place?"

I completely forgot about this! Maybe that's why my next employer has been so slow getting back to me, there was no point...........

So far my plan is working; we should be safe come Dec 21 this year. Stock market might take a bit of a roller-coaster ride in the morning but will even out by the afternoon.

As long as I have my stockpile of Twinkies and HoHos I should be ok....... dang it!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I may not be able to go on without this special concoction of junk food anyway.....

Watch our low budget feature film, which explains how it will happen.

It's about a scientist who attempts to make life from lifeless materials, which might just unravel the meaning of life and cause the end of the world.

Please let me know what you folks think.

As long as I have my stockpile of Twinkies and HoHos I should be ok....... dang it!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I may not be able to go on without this special concoction of junk food anyway.....
You can still get your Twinkies from Canada; they are licensed & sold by a different company up there.

The first milestone, 12/12/12 12:12:12, has passed! Woohoo! We are on track for 12/21/12 being successful.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all. "

I seem to recall the earth has already ended. Dec 31st 1999 wasn't it? (In a parallel universe)

Actually, in an infinite number of parallel universes the earth is ending every second of the day...

And always has been!

In countdown for the end of the world, I have decided to eat whatever I want, sparing no calories each day. If the world ends, I will go happy. If it doesn't end, then I will start dieting on 12/22/2012.

I seem to recall the earth has already ended. Dec 31st 1999 wasn't it? (In a parallel universe)
But at least nobody is freaking out that computer systems around the world are going to self-destruct on 2012-12-21 like there was back in 2000! The "Y2K" period was not fun for coders, many of whom ended up being on call or, even worse, had to be onsite for work. :(

You can still get your Twinkies from Canada; they are licensed & sold by a different company up there.

Contraband Twinkies? Looks like I may not have to resort to such tactics. Assuming that the world will not end on Dec. 21st (which, of course, I do not believe that it will), there are companies bidding on the defunct deliciousness of various Hostess products. Twinkies, HoHos, Ding Dongs and Cupcakes no doubt will live on under a "new identity" in the USA. That being said, I like the sound of Contraband Twinkies as it would be a good name for a rock band! "Please welcome to the stage, CONTRABAND TWINKIES!!!" :D

In countdown for the end of the world, I have decided to eat whatever I want, sparing no calories each day. If the world ends, I will go happy. If it doesn't end, then I will start dieting on 12/22/2012.
Hold off the diet to 12/26, that way you can partake in some Christmas cookies first. ;)

I had a dream the other night about the 21st and how the authorities rounded us all up on the evening of the 20th, put us in cages and made us wait silently for the end of the world. In the final few final minutes before midnight ticked over I was listening to people sobbing quietly around me and feeling very annoyed that it had been taken this far. It was scary at the same time because there was so much dread hanging in the air and I was hoping it would turn out to be nonsense after all, but the strange thing is the ground was covered in patches of embers and in some parts it was on fire. It was as if the earth was heating up from the inside.

The dream ended before it hit midnight and I went onto have an equally ridiculous dream afterwards about my mother putting on a fireworks show.

@ the mention of Twinkies, Hoho's and Dingdongs above - I vow to one day try these. I went to America when I was a child but only ended up trying milk duds. Just wait til I go back... Heh heh heh.

That's funny. :D

I suppose if I was the only one who knew when the last day would be. First I'd quit my lame job, marry the girl I'm interested in, spend what tiny bit of money I have, eat what I want, test drive every dream car I want, play my didgeridoo outside and chat with God until time ended......:smiley:

But if there's a Zombie Uprising, I'd drive around like Mad Max hunting zombies. And I don't like Twinkies, I like little chocolate donuts.

Sheesh, I sound like Woody Harrelson from Zombieland 2. Yeah, I'd live the sequel.

Well, it's 0913 hours on the 21st of December in New Zealand, and so far nothing has happened. Took my dog to the vet. Ate some crisps. Watched a film. It's been great.

Back