Politics Deep Throat's identity revealed

why on earth sould he be prosecuted? he enabled corrupt officials to be found out and indicted and pretty much thrown out of office. i think he's a hero.

But he broke the law, probably. Something I read in the Times asked why as an influential person in law enforcement did he not come forward at the time, or after it came out why did he not come forward and give evidence. Instead he left a man to be judged by the court of public opinion.

xdancer said:
why on earth sould he be prosecuted?  he enabled corrupt officials to be found out and indicted and pretty much thrown out of office.  i think he's a hero.
[post="1366997"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't disagree. He shouldn't be prosecuted. Nixon was a crook and deserved what he got.

But as noggi said, he did break the law. And if someone wanted to press charges, they could. Now, I do seriously doubt that would ever happen...but the possibility remains.

kind of dissappointed with the reveal of deep throat to be a ninety year old, unknown esque man, I loved the mystery, but least we have closure i guess!! Good old watergate, if Nixon would have apologised it would never have happened!

I think this story means more to people like my parents who were actually around when Watergate happened, but it is stll interesting. Lots of people speculated that it was him, since he had access to all the necessary info and had problems w/ Nixon who appointed an outsider as head of the FBI.

I kinda feel bad for the Post getting scooped by Vanity Fair.

Jamison said:
There are people who don't think he is a hero, and have come out and said that he is a "disgrace" and should be prosectued.

I definitely don't think he should be...but sadly, there is a chance that he might be, because like I said I don't believe there is a statue of limitations on something like this.
[post="1366368"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

but look at WHO is saying he's not a hero

xdancer said:
why on earth sould he be prosecuted?  he enabled corrupt officials to be found out and indicted and pretty much thrown out of office.  i think he's a hero.
[post="1366997"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

that's exactly what i said! :D

Back