Sci-Fi Defiance (SyFy)

I hadn't thought about that but that would allow her to stay in a role that has some influence on the town while also moving her character to be a bit more on the 'edge', so to speak, that would be more in line with Nolan.
Well, other than that, I don't see her having much of a role on the show at all...but anything could happen...in an entire year. :P

Whew! Thanks for the reminder...had to make sure my DVR was set to record. This one is ready, and Falling Skies is coming up Sunday as well...

And has everyone already watched the "mini-episodes" that have been out there?

I didn't get a chance to watch any of them. I really hope there are no major story points that were only covered in them.
Once I catch up to the show on my DVR (sadly, not one I can watch with our niece around), I'll see if they were required...I went off and watched them after they were plugged non-stop during a first-season marathon that SyFy ran several weeks back. They were only about 5 minutes long each...and only about 5 or 6 of them at that. Based on the storyline that ran through all of them, I wouldn't expect them to be required viewing.

Watched the season premiere this morning. Some great stuff. I enjoyed the contrast between where everyone was last season to this one. Also enjoyed seeing all of the other cities across America in their post-war state. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the season.

If you didn't see the mini-episodes, it really didn't hurt anything...just gives you a little bit more background on how Nolan tracks down the "cult leader."

<spoiler=Defiance Season 2 Episode 2>
A good second episode this past week...although I wasn't entirely sure why we had to have massive changes take place, only to put the mayor and Nolan back into basically the same positions they had before the E-Rep took over.

Interesting side plots going on with the other characters as well. Will be fun to see how they let the love triangle pan out between the E-Rep soldier and an Irath angel of death both pining for the lawman's sidekick (who also has his own side plot with Nolan).
</spoiler>

I've finally caught up with watching the new Defiance episodes. As AstonWest said, watching the webisodes wasn't needed to keep up with what is going on in the new season.

Watching the new episodes back-to-back though, my question to writers would be.... was it really necessary to have two masturbation scenes like that? :wtf: With the show pushing the game tie-in so much they are obviously trying to get an audience that would include younger viewers, and I realize that some 'edge' is needed these days to keep the attention of viewers but, really, one scene wasn't enough and it couldn't be more subtle?

Hopefully last week's episode will drive an end to the rampant drug use that they've been involved with, but doubtful. I thoroughly enjoyed all the little plot twists that have taken place. Not sure if things will turn out too well for Rafe and Datak, though...

I think there are another 5 episodes of Defiance. As far as I'm aware that was ep8 (in the US). It's a 13 part season :smiley:
Thanks :smiley: Defiance has turned into one of those shows where I am watching it every week (I love our DVR :love:) but I am not keeping mental track of the episodes.

Been loving the latest episodes, but like you, Kevin, I'm having trouble keeping track of everything that's going on...seems like a lot of fast-running plot threads to somehow begin resolving in another 5 episodes.

Was it just me, or did everyone else figure out the Indogene (sp?) twist within the first 5-10 minutes of this past week's episode? Perhaps if they hadn't already used that plot twist last season with the American astronaut?

I did like the twist at the end, though...did not see that one coming (although I probably should have, considering the timing of someone's arrival...).

Was it just me, or did everyone else figure out the Indogene (sp?) twist within the first 5-10 minutes of this past week's episode? Perhaps if they hadn't already used that plot twist last season with the American astronaut?
I was going back and forth between either an Indogene or that somebody followed Stahma after the killing and resuscitated Kenya but once it was established what memories were there then the choices were limited.

I did like the twist at the end, though...did not see that one coming (although I probably should have, considering the timing of someone's arrival...).
Refresh my memory on the end because maybe I am thinking of something else.

Not sure why they felt the need to have a double-feature of this show this past week...maybe just to get folks ready for the two-hour season finale this coming week?

Lots of interesting stuff in those two episodes, though.

Not sure why they felt the need to have a double-feature of this show this past week
I suspect it was get the time slot freed up faster for the Fall schedule of shows.

Of the two episodes I was more surprised by the direction they are taking with Rafe's daughter. It seems they are creating quite a house of women in crime.

I suspect it was get the time slot freed up faster for the Fall schedule of shows.
That was one of my first thoughts as well, but splitting it only would have delayed it a week, and most of the fall schedule of shows (at least with the channels I've seen ads for new shows on) haven't been starting up until mid to late September...

Back