Del Toro Says ‘Hellboy 3’ May Be Delayed For TV Series, Online Episodes

Robby

Helper Bot
Del Toro Says ‘Hellboy 3’ May Be Delayed For TV Series, Online Episodes

090408_hellboy.jpg
Variety has posted an interview with director Guillermo del Toro, where he discusses the future of the “Hellboy” film franchise and when fans can expect to see more big-screen adventures involving the Bureau of Paranormal Research.

Noting that Del Toro is “booked through 2017” with projects like “Frankenstein,” “Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,” and “Slaughterhouse Five,” the helmer stated that he would still be interested in returning to the franchise — not surprising considering the end of “The Golden Army.” “We laid the groundwork to have a magnificent third act,” said Del Toro. “I’d like to return to an action franchise with 60-year-old actor Ron Perlman, because he’ll be scratching at that age when I get to it.”

However, Del Toro warns that the next “Hellboy” installment may be delayed indefinitely, as “The Golden Army” fell short of U.S. box office expectations (but is faring well overseas), not to mention Universal’s plans to make “Helloboy” into a television series and online segments, which Del Toro would be involved with.

Sad to hear that “Hellboy 3” film may be delayed? Let us know in the comments.

(Via BBC News)

A Hellboy TV series? That I had not come across before.

Anybody have more information on it?