Politics Depression

I was curious has anyone ever tried to kill themself or know someone who tried or actually succeeded? I started this topic after hearing one of my best friends admit that she had tried to kill herself three times before. Once she loaded her dad's gun and thought about it, another time she cut herself, and one time she took an overdose on pills... Isn't that horrible!! I couldn't believe it.... and then she told me about getting saved and no longer thinking about killing herself... it led me to ask a question that I have never understood in the Bible... I've always wondered why people automatically go to hell after commiting suicide..... I mean it doesn't make much sense to me... the person was tramatized so bad they just overreacted and did something fatal... anyways does anyone else have an opinion on this topic?

Really? Wow... that's horrible... nobody should feel like cutting themself... some people say that they do it because they don't see anything good about themselves... I hope your not like that because I'm sure your smart and a good person... maybe instead of cutting yourself you could make a list of all the good things about yourself... I try to do that when I'm down in the dumps...... or I write all my feelings down adn make a list of all the things I have to look forward to in life...

twinzz2003 said:
Really? Wow... that's horrible... nobody should feel like cutting themself... some people say that they do it because they don't see anything good about themselves... I hope your not like that because I'm sure your smart and a good person... maybe instead of cutting yourself you could make a list of all the good things about yourself... I try to do that when I'm down in the dumps...... or I write all my feelings down adn make a list of all the things I have to look forward to in life...
thanks

hmm... well lots of times i wish i'd get run over by a car so it wouldn't actually be MY fault :lol:

but they always stop in the nick of time :rolleyes:

some days i just feel like putting a gun to my head... but then i think about the things that are worth living for... like Alias :lol: it's so sad but Alias is like my life. ^_^

twinzz2003 said:
I was curious has anyone ever tried to kill themself or know someone who tried or actually succeeded? I started this topic after hearing one of my best friends admit that she had tried to kill herself three times before. Once she loaded her dad's gun and thought about it, another time she cut herself, and one time she took an overdose on pills... Isn't that horrible!! I couldn't believe it.... and then she told me about getting saved and no longer thinking about killing herself... it led me to ask a question that I have never understood in the Bible... I've always wondered why people automatically go to hell after commiting suicide..... I mean it doesn't make much sense to me... the person was tramatized so bad they just overreacted and did something fatal... anyways does anyone else have an opinion on this topic?
I don't think that it says that in the Bible, well i guess it depends on your denomination of Christianity. No one should feel like killing themselves, there is plenty of good in you, and if you are going through a hard time, just try and stick it out, ask your friends for help, ask a councellor.

I know I'm only 11, 12 soon and this is gonna osund really crazy but I have had days when I thought I would jump off my roof. I owuld tell my friends online but they would just be like I love you you can't do this and it made me feel soooo much better. Sometimes what helps is thinking about the good things in life and all the people who care about you. My ex boyfriends good friends dad killed himself while I was in New Jersey and he wouldn't talk to me for weeks. I felt soooo horrible I thought about killin my b/f and me and we could go live together in heaven. I dont think about it anymore because I'm finding out my life IS good compaired to other people and people DO love me a lot and I'm really cared about so if you think about the good thinggs everything will be fine.

dying doesnt really scare me at all...ive always wondered what its like and so ive thought about it...but i would only do it to see what its like...i dunno...it seems selfish to kill yourself, but thats just my opinion...i think 80% of the people who do it want attention -_- ...but then again thats just how i feel about it

Im guessing some people are just fed up with everything and just think they would be better off dead....They don't really think about how it would affect all of the people they love, or else I don't think they would do it.
I don't really know because obviously I've never commited suicide ;)

Havng suicidal thoughts...definately. Sometimes outloud. Like the first two weeks of school, I was seriously tempted to jump out the window...and finally no window guards at all. I think I freaked out my science teacher a little since she was all concerned, but I convinced her otherwise. (Not completely, being slightly pyro and having bunsen burners nearby isn't a good thing! And we were making a compund out of gummy bears and twizlers and she said we had to bring something in to hold them together...not to be funny or anything I asked her if I could melt them with a lighter or something. Kids Put Cats On Flaming Gas Stoves, my mnemonic for Kingdom, Phyllum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species.)

A very good friend of mine that moved did attempt to commit suicide numerous times, and cuts herself. What finally shook it out of her, I don't know. I guess my lil nice ims and reading her xanga/livejournal, helped in some way. But she's been distant and we've taken completely different turns at our crossraods. I kind of wonder, if her constant self destruction is any better. It doesn't help that she writes almost everything that happens down, it's like watching a version of the movie thirteen playing in your head over and over, except the main cast was your best friend from k-4, and we still remained pretty good friends there after.

Courtney...right? (KikiCourt) Self-mutilation, isn't exactly the way to go. It's the reason my friend has to go to a psychatrist, which she doesn't exactly favor. You have to pull through. You have too look towards the brighter sides and conquer through the tough times, no matter how hard they are. You're most definately worth it. If you think about it that way, there is absolutely not reason to.

Nance...bout cars running you over. If I really wanted to do that all I have to do is walk down a bit on queens blvd and run into it out of know where. And I'm gone, for sure, for good. It isn't exactly good if you cause cars to skid when you walk along "the blvd of death" unintentionally, now is it. I'm horrible at crossing the street...one of these days something is going hit me dead on, adn i may not be ready to go.

Unless you've actually been suicidal, I think it's hard to really understand. I did a research paper on adolescent suicide for my adol. psych class. More girls attempt, but more guys succeed. Mo kinda had it right when she said that it's to get attention... but not in the way you think. It's usually more of a cry for help. The people who really are in danger are those who are quiet about it, because they're less likely to get help.

I'm not afraid of death, and I never have been. The first time I thought about suicide was when I was in 5th grade. I was putting away the dishes and I was wiping off a knife, and I remember thinking, "I could just slice my wrists right now." It kinda scared me, and I wouldn't let myself touch knives for a while. In HS, when I got really nervous or agitated, I'd start running the ends of paper clips up and down my arms. Not enough to actually bleed, but hard enough to leave nice red lines. The first time I overdosed on pills, I bought a box of over the counter sleeping pills and took them all. I woke up in the middle of the night and thought my heart was beating to death, but alas, I woke up the next morning and was just a little bit nautious. I've done it maybe 3 or 4 times since. The last time was in May, and I think that was the closest I've ever gotten. I took maybe 6 or 7 vicoprofin (which is basically like vicodin... prescription painkillers) that i found in the medicine cabinet. I think I talked to Brian for a while on here before I got so light headed, I had to go lie down. I can't explain how it felt... it was like my body was floating away and I was numb. The next day, I couldn't leave my bed. I could barely move a muscle and I had such a bad headache, I couldn't see straight. If I tried to stand up, the world would tip over and I'd fall. My mom just thought I had caught a bad cold... that's the worst part. None of my family had any clue. Except maybe my dog, 'cause he came and curled up with me for a while, which he rarely ever does. I couldn't eat for the next few days, but eventually the medicine left my system.

It's kinda weird to be talking about this on here... but in a way, it's easier than telling my best friend... maybe 'cause the boards are kind of impersonal. It's just hard to talk about... 'cause people are always like "why would you do that? Why would you do something so selfish?" and I just can't answer those questions, really. And the scary thing is... I took less than half of the pills that I found... and they're still in the cabinet at home... and I know that there is a chance that I'll do it again.

Eh leah :( i don't really know what to say since i've never intentionally hurt myself since i'm a wimp. please don't overdose on pills though, hun. my mom's friend's daughter did and she died because of her fiance's parents... they thought she was fat. and the affect it had on her whole family was tremendous. i mean, it was just shocking to me because i met her a few times and she just seemed so nice but inside... she probably had problems with her emotions because she didn't have many friends... she was fat and it angers me so much that just because of physical appearance, her fiance's family didn't want him to marry her! :angry: i just wish she didn't choose suicide though -_-

sometimes i scare myself a little... i used to and still stare at knifes... and like imagine myself just slitting something but i always shake it off. it's just the contemplation that scares me. like, i don't have a horrible life, my parents are okay sometimes and i guess we just don't get along but it's not like they abuse me. but still, every week i feel like life is so pointless and pitiful. but i live for the small things. :smiley:

Uuuggghhh... I can't even think about slicing myself. Just saying 'slicing' makes me cringe.

And that's so sad, that that girl killed herself just because her fiance's parents thought she was fat. 🇳🇴 That's horrible. That poor poor girl.

I don't know why I get these thoughts in my head. I think I have a chemical imbalance. My dad found out that I had tried suicide once, and he got MAD at me. He was like "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?" And really, I just don't know! I'm not qualified to evaluate myself. Because he's given me and my siblings so much more oppurtunity that he had when he was growing up, he thinks that we should just be happier. He doesn't get that it doesn't work like that.

Did i say slicing? :thinking: :shock: that word scares the hell out of me!

i never tried doing anything but i picture myself and it's pretty freaky...

two years ago, this girl that i sort of "know" slit her wrists in front of a crowd for fun :blink: :confused:

Okay, that's just... wrong.

I knew a girl in HS who cut her wrists up pretty bad, then came to school with her arms all bandaged and showed everyone and was like "look what I did!" She had major issues... I think she ended up in a psych. hospital.

Back