Politics Depression

cinders said:
i think its a personal thing, we cant judge others
[post="1133907"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
it's not a judgement. people who commit suicide are mentally ill and incapable of making good decisions. no one who is totally sane commits suicide (unless you're talking about the soldier thing, which i think is a completely different issue.)

xdancer said:
it's not a judgement.  people who commit suicide are mentally ill and incapable of making good decisions.  no one who is totally sane commits suicide (unless you're talking about the soldier thing, which i think is a completely different issue.)
[post="1134706"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I don't think that's true. Someone's life can majorly suck.. or they may just not enjoy life.. or they may be curious about the afterlife and so on... without being 'mentally ill.' Granted, it may be rare, but I think it's possible that someone who is completely coherent can decide that suicide is the right decision for them.

i agree. ive had enough of my mum saying that everybody who kills themself is selfish that is not true. i think yes maybe a few cases like a little while ago somebody jumped off a bridge onto the motorway and yes it was selfish because the car that it hit.... imagine the pain that person is going through now.
but... if somebody seriously isnt having a good time its an option... obviously the last option. but the feeling of waking up every morning and hating your reflection and have verbal abuse as you walk to school and then get to school and your frends arent talking to you ... even that can be enough i know.
there isnt a right or wrong about suicide if somebody has decided they are definately going to kill themselves... nobody can stop them.
xx helen xx

aliasundercover said:
I don't think that's true.  Someone's life can majorly suck.. or they may just not enjoy life.. or they may be curious about the afterlife and so on... without being 'mentally ill.'  Granted, it may be rare, but I think it's possible that someone who is completely coherent can decide that suicide is the right decision for them.
[post="1134819"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I just want to input here that, if you or anyone is considering suicide...you are depressed. End of story. Medically and psychologicly, suicidal thoughts are a indication of depression, and explicitly imply that someone is suffering from depression. Keep this in mind, and keep in mind that depression is professionally treatable.

there is a difference between being depressed and being suicidal and suicidal can be part of being depressed. its hard to explain what i mean. if you have experianced thought you will know what it is like though x

Princess Jeanie said:
I just want to input here that, if you or anyone is considering suicide...you are depressed.  End of story.  Medically and psychologicly, suicidal thoughts are a indication of depression, and explicitly imply that someone is suffering from depression.  Keep this in mind, and keep in mind that depression is professionally treatable.
[post="1134871"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Not really. I mean, 95% of the time, people consider suicide out of depression... but there are people who do it for other reasons. Insurance for family, spiritual outlook makes them believe it's their time to go, etc. Suicide is not always from depression.
And i_luv_you_mv, I know exactly what you mean ;)

thankyou, yes you may not be suffering from a branch of depression, but you may be instable, there must be something you cant cope with an illness or a factor which leads to suicide, its not just a everyday thing

its a complicated feeling to talk about. there isnt just a reason for suicide and with a lot of cases you cant just say she/he killed themselves cos they were depressed or because of something that could have happened. so many things can trigger it. but just a feeling of a bad day and wanting to kill yourself or wateva thats not having something wrong with you. i dont really know its too complicated and stuff. but im sure most people have had that feeling before of wanting to die, whether its lasted a long time or just a short time like a week.
anyways after a lot of fights with frends and stuff which will never be resolved ive given up on them. after a year of thinking a need somebody to live my life and then falling out with them makes me realise i never needed them at all. im not all alone i have other frends and it depends on the day but i can be happy without them. if they want to be frends agen then they are doing the apoligising im always the one who apoligises whether it was my fault or theirs.
xx helen xx

thats good news helen,

but i disagree, yes they might just kill themselves on the spur of a moment but a reason must have led to this, and that means something is wrong. Top want to die, to actually go through with ridding yourself of a future, that means something is wrong.

suicide happens because of different things with different people. sometimes the thing that is wrong is simple enough as one fight that breaks someone. maybe if they didn't kill themselves and lived for another day, they would have gotten over the fight. suicide can be a snap decision. you may not believe me but i know it's true, because i've almost done it. taking a pill for a headache and someone says something that tore me apart. i had to slam the pill bottle down and run to my room, so i wouldn't take every single pill.
yes, sometimes suicide is because of depression or mental illness, but sometimes it is something suddenly that happened. something that snaps. and sometimes it is other things. we don't always know why people commit suicides, but it is going to continue to happen always. as to if it is right or wrong: if someone commits suicide they are dead, so what's the point in judging them? rather then tell people suicide is wrong, the world needs to help people who want to commit it. give them a life that's actually worth living.

m-c

i completely agree with you there. the feeling isnt a nice one. and people who have killed themselves we cant do anything about but we can help each other.
im feeling kinda felgercarb tonite. im going out with a guy and then people are telling me its stupid and having a go about reely pointless things. if they dont think i can make a relationship work i wana prove them wrong. just cos i have an empty gap from losing a few best frends they think im just filling that gap with the first thing that comes along but i dont think its like that. i mean i like the guy otherwise i wudnt be with him. ive had enough of them calling me a slag cos i have commitment problems. and now that ive commited to a relationship they are STILL having a go. its stupid. happy late new year btw xxxx helen xxxx :throb:

Hi! I haven´t been here before but i think i´ll give it a go...

I´ve tried to kill my self a couple of times and i still think about it every day. I take pills and go to therapy and all of that. But still, whenever i start to feel better there is like another person there who knocks me down again. It have gotten so far that i´m afraid to get out of bed in the morning. I can´t think, i can´t remember things, i can´t consentrate or do anything anymore. Nothing i used to enjoy doing is any fun. I´ve stopped talking to almost all of my friends and i´m never in school. I have two things that are keeping me alive at the moment: my family and alias. The thing about my disease is that it destroys your mind so that everything seems hopeless. You can´t find anything positive about your life. I get this homework every week, to find three positive things every day. I can sit for hours trying to find something.
Do i think suicide is right? I don´t know. But sometimes it would be so easy to just stop trying, to just let yourself give up.
(n)

Welcome to the thread.
I hope everthing gets better for you soon. If you ever need to talk to anyone, we're here for you!
Don't stop trying, you seem to have great ways of helping yourself, like trying to think of positive things.

Soffan life is like that... and waking up in the morning can be the hardest thing. i hope talking to us might help a bit because people in here have helped me :hug: xxxx :throb: helen xxxx

Welcome to the boards, Soffan. Thanks for sharing.

I've also gotten to the point where I couldn't get out of bed... I would just lie under the covers and just... lay there. Not really thinking or moving or doing anything.

The funny thing was that my family just assumed that I was sick. Not mentally sick... just sick with a cold or something. You're lucky that you have a supportive family.

soffan, we are all glad that you came to these boards. just hearing what you have to say one time makes me want you to live and be happy. people care about you. and sometimes that's what you need. we'll always be here for you. and hopefully so will alias. ^_^

m-c

soffan, you've described everything i'm still fighting, but we'll make number 3 on your lists, cos every one of us is always here for you, PM me anytime you wish, trust me, you're not the only one who's going through this.

Sometimes , i cannot see another alternative, suicide is constantly on my mind, i cant escape it, it jsut eats at your brain, takes away anything that makes you happy.

mental illness destroyed my life, but i'm building it back, one step at a time

Back