Politics Depression

yer i know what you mean. there is one thing i can never share with anyone and it nite not even be that big a deal but even if i started id choke up and knowing id sed it wud make me want to die. atm its annoying with exams on and getting worked up bout that then walking in on the first day at school and knowing people are talking about me behind my back and can feel my 'frends' just looking at me and ignoring. if they had given me a reason maybe i wud know why they dont like me. but then i suppose one person does sumthing and everyone follows them because obviously without being 'cool' you cant survive.
its pathetic sumtimes i just wana tell them to open there eyes and stop thinking bout themselves if they are stressy at me cos of something stupid like i kissed a guy wen i was drunk then they need to see wats going on in the wider world rather than just thinking of themselves.

cinders... look after yourself it is great you are starting to re build your life. even if at a few stages u get knocked down keep picking yourself back up again. you deserve it . xxxxxx helen xxxxxxx :throb:

no easy answer here-
this involves mental health, economic
circumstances, histories of abuse,
relative health and sanity of living situation,
whether on not someone is or isn't taking medication,
and on and on...
i think there are things people can do
to help alleviate the level of despair
that would make suicide an attractive option-
like asking for help-by seeing a counselor
or doctor, but i think sometimes, anti-depressants
are over-prescribed...
i am very wary of anything that tampers with brain chemistry,
although there are those who argue that there
is an identifiable chemical imbalance in the brains
of people who are suicidally depressed
for my part, i am unconvinced there is
a life after this one,
so i intend to do absolutely nothing
to abbreviate my time on earth
it is precious and brief, and with my family's cardiac
history, of absolutely undefined length...
although i have had difficult times,
which some might even describe as agonizing,
i shall not let misfortune defeat me
i do believe in a spirit of the universe,
higher power, call her what you will,
and i call on the goodness of that spirit often,
to guide and protect me, and to direct
my thinking and my action,
particularly asking that it be divorced from selfish and self-seeking motives
this is really more a streaming meditation than a response,
but if this helps a single person who might read this-
never give up-
reach out to one of us aaers with whom you may be comfortable,
or seek out a relative, friend, or someone you trust...
chin up...

well i dont totally disagree with you, but i dont believe in spirits and sometimes without anything like that, you just feel all alone, there's nothing to lift you, nothing to put faith in.

The point of those who commit or attempt suicide is that they want to cut their life short because they dont want to live it anymore.

It's hard to understand or even explain, but getting help or telling someone is the hardest experience you can find, you dont want to seem weak, you dont feel worth it, you dont want help...

cinders said:
well i dont totally disagree with you, but i dont believe in spirits and sometimes without anything like that, you just feel all alone, there's nothing to lift you, nothing to put faith in.

The point of those who commit or attempt suicide is that they want to cut their life short because they dont want to live it anymore.

It's hard to understand or even explain, but getting help or telling someone is the hardest experience you can find, you dont want to seem weak, you dont feel worth it, you dont want help...
[post="1145653"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

don't you dare go anywhere, cinders
i'm having too much fun getting to know you
MC

I'm trying to get a bunch of people to go to school or work that day with a strip of white cloth tied to their arm (prefereably left, but if you wanna do right, that's ok too) to symbolize our need for peace. for all you non-Caucasian people, white is a symbol for peace in Western culture and for all you non-Asians, white is also a color of mourning.

i was really distraught that I could not participate in the Turn Your Backs on Bush campaign in which everyone at the Inauguration turns their backs when Bush comes in on the motorcade and throughout the inauguration.

then i thought that this white ribbon thing was a better idea, because it's not really a protest on Bush, but on all violence in the world, whether it be Iraq, domestic violence, hate crimes, etc. this way, it's open to all people, not just Democrats or Republicans. So technically, if you really are proud to be an American and all that she stands for, you will help spread the word, because as a lyrics to a song goes, "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me."

Recap:
Who: All people who approve of peace and nonviolence
What: Tie a white ribbon
Where: around your arm
When: January 20, 2005 (preferably during US time which is GMT -05:00)
Why: to show solidarity for fellow human beings
How: tell everyone you know by word, email, website, blog, etc

hey, sory this is in the middle of a convosation. ive had a really bad night. i burst into tears for no reason at all and then i cried for a while... cut a few times and then stopped crying nd then cried agen for about an hour. i was texting this guy im frends with nd he got worried nd so sed he was cuming to me. this was at midnight. then while waiting for him to walk the long distance to my house, I called my cousin and cried to her for 30 mins (guna be a big fone bill). so my frend came to my house, i went downstairs to see him without waking the parents. He gave me a few hugs and i watched him smoke (i gave up) and he begged me to sleep. I did get to sleep after that at around 2am. I had 3 exams today... was in a s***ty mood all day. I woke up and went downstairs this morning and mum was all concerned because my eyes were all still puffy from crying loads last night. The puffyness lasted about half the days so i got lots of questions but i just dont wana talk to anybody because i hav no idea why it started last night and im scared because it mite happen agen tonite. mmmm :hug: to anybody feeling low. xxxxx

I hope you´re feeling better now i_love_you_mv :hug: Why does people have to feel so bad all the time? I´m wisiting my ant now, she is 2months younger then me and she is also depressed. Yesterday she got in this huge fight with her mother and it made her feel so bad (n) I had to keep her from taking a pile of pills. I´m so glad that i was there then, who know what would have happend if i hadn´t :thinking: I just feel so powerless all of the time. Her mother is always on her back. It´s like she´s trying to make her feel bad. I´m so grateful that i have my mother whom is always helping me.

your friend sounds amazing helen, hang in there girl, i'm here to talk to if and when you need me.

soffan, you can only do your best, but maybe she needs mor ehelp, because it is alot for you to handle on yourown especially when you need to take care of yourself.

take care everyone :cry: x

Aww darling, there's always a purpose in life. I'm searching for mine, but I know there is one. I've given up many times on life and I have come close to cutting, but I still hold on...for a reason I am not sure of, but I'm holding on.

I've been researching depression and have come to find that I have most of the symptoms, but I have not been formally diagnosed at the hospital. First, I just need to tell my parents. That's the hard part. I don't know how to approach them or if I should even tell them at all. What do you guys think? :thinking:

in my modest social circle
i have met about 20 people
taking anti-depressants
is there no other way
these days to help depression
than to prescribe drugs?
i suppose they help many people
but does anyone think they
may be over-prescribed?

Aliasfan13 said:
I've been researching depression and have come to find that I have most of the symptoms, but I have not been formally diagnosed at the hospital. First, I just need to tell my parents. That's the hard part. I don't know how to approach them or if I should even tell them at all. What do you guys think? :thinking:
[post="1271129"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hmm. That was a problem for me. My parents didn't find out about my depression until my ex-best friend (you know the one who hates me- look at above post :hmm: ) and her boyfriend asked the school counselor to see me. And my parents found out. The hard way. Sher, you gotta find a way to tell your parents. If you don't, things might get worse and your parents need to know before it's too late.

And I do think anti-depressants might be a bit overprescribed, even though I'm taking them.

omg it is so weird to read this thread again... :D , i mean now i'm out of the worst of it, I truly am, it took me 5 years, and the one true thing which ended most of it was the shock of trying to die and not wanting to when you'd actually done it. Now i'm out the other end and I'd just like to tell everyone there is hope. I'm here for anyone if you need me, trust me things get better,however dark they are

cinders said:
omg it is so weird to read this thread again... :D , i mean now i'm out of the worst of it, I truly am, it took me 5 years, and the one true thing which ended most of it was the shock of trying to die and not wanting to when you'd actually done it. Now i'm out the other end and I'd just like to tell everyone there is hope. I'm here for anyone if you need me, trust me things get better,however dark they are
[post="1276364"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

beautifully said...hat's off... (y)

I'm slowly getting out of my depression. On occasion if something really upsets me I have a relapse. I stopped taking depression medicine and that actually helped. The depression meds I was on were actually making me more depressed. Now I just try to see the beauty in life and to ignore the things that upset me and if I can't ignore them, then I confront them to stand up for what i think and that (as cheesey as it sounds) has started to ease my depression. ^_^

I was diagnosed with depression several years ago and I have been on medication ever since. While the medication has not revolutionized my life, it does help. While some days I used to not want to get out of bed, since I have been on the medication, it takes the edge off where if I am feeling sad, I have it in me to make the effort - I get up and start doing something and I feel better.

One of the big problems with depression is that you are so down that you don't have it in you to try and get out of it, you can't go to the doctor and ask for help. I think that is why alot of kids try to kill themselves because it is the only thing they can think of doing to let someone know that they need help.

Once you start getting help is when you find out that you are not alone and you are not the only one that is feeling the way you feel.

Back