Desperate Housewives in Australia

hehe i watched it was awesome, too funny!!!

loved the alias type twist at the end with that dude with the gun!!! that was weird and so out of left field!!

Looks like Desperate Housewives is following the trend with huge ratings that has been seen around the world which is great news for sure.

Nearly 2.5 million Australians have fallen in love with Seven's DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, with the highest launch figures for a new series in television history.

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES premiered last night to extraordinary ratings with an average of 821,081 viewers in Melbourne and 2.48 million nationally.

In Melbourne, the hot new show won its timeslot with a spectacular 48.9% share and Seven won the night with a 32.7% share, beating Nine's 30.7%, Ten's 19.9% and the ABC's 12%.

Seven Melbourne Program Director Graeme Hill says: "We are absolutely ecstatic that the Melbourne audience have embraced this fabulous new drama. It only gets better."

The outstanding ratings follow the world trend for DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, with the sex-in-the-suburbs show having record-breaking debuts in the US, the UK and across Europe.

The Seven Network is broadcasting encore screenings of the premiere episode tonight at 9.30pm and on Saturday at 9.40pm.

http://www.tvaus.com.au/viewtopic.php?p=187274#187274

Yeah was pretty funny.

I loved how the wife punched her hubby and knocked him out cause he didn't want to use a Condom.

Hehe That made me laugh :smiley: ;)

can't believe how well channel 7 is doing......DH, lost and hopefully ALIAS!!

the fire was hilarious as was that blonde b**** (so annoying)

can't wait for tomorrow's episode (its actually todays!! yay!)

OMG I loved tonight's episode.

It made me laugh.

I love the Dog, the Mother that left the kids out of the car for the brief moment and then the kid bitting the fat woman.

I loved the ending of it.

Very mysterious.

What is in that damn box.

Hmm's :smiley: ;)

Yeah, it was a great episode. Had me in stitches, especially with the dog and the kids in the car as well. The kids beating up the woman was hilarious! :D

DH seriously rocks. Im hanging out to see what the HELL is up with Mikes sly and shifty activity.
All the women make me laugh. Seriously. I cant pick a favourite one. GOD that was funny when Susan got locked outside her house naked. I was absolutely pissing myself.

Great stuff!!

i heard thru the grapevine the saturday encore this week has been replaced by a doiuble ep of rosemary and thyme and four weddings and a funeral, so make sure you watch on the right days!!

Kelly V said:
DH seriously rocks. Im hanging out to see what the HELL is up with Mikes sly and shifty activity.
All the women make me laugh. Seriously. I cant pick a favourite one. GOD that was funny when Susan got locked outside her house naked. I was absolutely pissing myself.

Great stuff!!
[post="1215712"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Susans my favourite female character. Shes just so funny, even though she doesnt really try to be. :blush:

JayJay04 said:
i heard thru the grapevine the saturday encore this week has been replaced by a doiuble ep of rosemary and thyme and four weddings and a funeral, so make sure you watch on the right days!!
[post="1215716"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Damn... i cant watch all of DH on Mondays and i was relying on that Saturday encore!

aliasfanjay said:
Yeah, the encores on Saturday nights are now over. They won't be repeated anymore so if you miss Monday's episode then you've missed it! :(
[post="1215736"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:cry: That sucks. Even though the commercials were bugging the felgercarb outta me.

JayJay04 said:
yeah :P
back to crappy rerun movies like "four weddings and a funeral" lol
[post="1215745"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hey, hows that a crappy movie? Its old, but its still kinda good. But all in all... im kinda sick of that movie. :P