Drama Desperate Housewives

yes but when it competes with your favourite show, it is kinda hard, like say... i dunno but there are shows i just do not watch like star trek :rolleyes: i don't care how good the plot is, but it's just against my whole... being to watch something like that. *shrugs*
--mandy :angelic:

I confess, I too watched this show tonight. I had to see the show that took Alias's timeslot until Jan. And as much as I hate to admit it, it was a good show. I loved it when Marcia Cross's character's husband was like, "I can't believe you tried to kill me!" And she says, "Yes, I feel badly about that." I don't know why but I was just rolling. That was the perfect one liner. I also liked it when the mom with all the kids jumped in the pool to get her son's out and then acted like nothing had happened. I thought it was also good when she punched out her hubby for saying, "Let's risk it," when he wanted to have sex without a condom. Can't really blame her for that reaction.

I wonder what is up with the plumber? And what did the ladies find at the end of show?

Is it just me or has ABC advirtised the hell out of Lost and Despeate Housewives? Hopefully they will apply this concept to Alias in Jan.

omg im totally hooked
I gotta know whats up with that plumber dude and why he had the gun
and why the lady who committed suicide had that note - and why her husband was digging up their back yard
Some parts of it were kind questionable but...
my fav part was when the lady with the 4 kids husband comes home and he wants to have sex and she like punches him the the face :rotflmao:

SkyGirl5 said:
omg im totally hooked
I gotta know whats up with that plumber dude and why he had the gun
and why the lady who committed suicide had that note - and why her husband was digging up their back yard
Some parts of it were kind questionable but...
my fav part was when the lady with the 4 kids husband comes home and he wants to have sex and she like punches him the the face :rotflmao:
[post="1017764"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
hahaha, consider me hooked too. :lol:

iheartalias said:
hahaha, consider me hooked too. :lol:
[post="1017804"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Me to, I loved it, I've never laughed so much at a show that was supposed to be a Drama.

I love when the one girl that is doing the Gardner went and mowed the lawn in her Evening Gown after her husband was saying that he was going to get rid of the Gardner as he wasn't doing his job.

The one where she punches her husband in the face, that was absolutely priceless.

I can see some Emmy's happening on this show, there are some great actresses on it.

I like it. Which is surprising it is normally something I wouldn't watch but it has me interested. I really like Teri Hatcher's character. I thought it was hilarious when she burned the ladies house down. I also like the lady with the kids. And the best line was when Marica Ross's husband says that she tried to kill him and she says "Yes, I feel badly about that." I was dying. She said it so calm. I can't wait to learn all the secrets going on.

The really excellent ratings that it had yesterday (click here for ratings news release), are NOT good news for Alias.

If anything, I hope that once the show ends in December (it will end in December, right?), ABC will start promoting the felgercarb out of Alias during the commercials for this show.

But other than that, with hits like Lost, Desperate Housewives, and good ratings from Extreme Makeover Home Edition and Wife Swap, it's not crazy to think that ABC might not care about having Alias return for a fifth season at the start of the 2005 fall season, or midseason in January of 2006.

I couldn't watch it and probably won't. It's female driven and I already watch too much TV. But I bet it's good so I might check it out if I get a chance. I bet Teri Hatcher is hot in the show! I saw a pic of her on HowardStern.com (since she was on the show last week) and SHE LOOKED REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HOT! SMOKIN'!

I'm tempted to watch this for that reason... :laughbounce:

[
quote=ivand67,Oct 4 2004, 12:12 PM]The really excellent ratings that it had yesterday (click here for ratings news release), are NOT good news for Alias.

If anything, I hope that once the show ends in December (it will end in December, right?), ABC will start promoting the felgercarb out of Alias during the commercials for this show.

But other than that, with hits like Lost, Desperate Housewives, and good ratings from Extreme Makeover Home Edition and Wife Swap, it's not crazy to think that ABC might not care about having Alias return for a fifth season at the start of the 2005 fall season, or midseason in January of 2006.

I couldn't watch it and probably won't. It's female driven and I already watch too much TV. But I bet it's good so I might check it out if I get a chance. I bet Teri Hatcher is hot in the show! I saw a pic of her on HowardStern.com (since she was on the show last week) and SHE LOOKED REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HOT! SMOKIN'!

The show was great, Terri Hatcher is gorgeous and so is that other dark haired lady, I foget her name. 

It is female driven, I know, but my Hubby watched it with me and he thought it was a hoot, he said he'll definitely watch it again.

the show was awesome ... loved Teri and Marcia ... wonderful ...

the plummer ... wonder what his end-game is???

and the secret of Mary Ellen??? what the hell is it??? what did she do???

can't wait till next week ... this will surely be my new guilty pleasure ... :woot:

OMG ... I just saw the ratings for the show ...

ABC won the 9pm slot with the premiere of Desperate HouseWives ... thats good news for ABC

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>'Desperate Housewives' Gets 21.3M Viewers</span>

For a network desperate for hits, "Desperate Housewives" provided quite the tonic for ABC. The drama about suburban angst drew a stunning 21.3 million viewers for its premiere Sunday night, according to Nielsen Media Research. It follows the success of another new ABC drama, "Lost," which has also intrigued viewers during the first two weeks of the TV season.

They're encouraging early signs for a network that slumped to fourth place behind CBS, NBC and Fox last year and has been one of parent Walt Disney Co.'s biggest problem spots.

"Desperate Housewives" drew more viewers for a season premiere than any ABC series since "Spin City" eight years ago, Nielsen said. It was the best debut of any non-spinoff series since "Inside Schwartz" on NBC in 2001.

"It's good for broadcast TV that people are coming out in droves to things that are different and things that they're excited about," said Stephen McPherson, ABC entertainment president.

Two weeks ago, ABC had 18.7 million viewers for "Lost," its drama about tropical island castaways that are a carnivore's potential snack. "Lost" had 17 million viewers for its second showing, considered a strong audience retention rate for a new series.
Both shows drew good reviews and were the subject of aggressive marketing campaigns.

Two other potential bright spots for ABC: "Wife Swap" is holding up well against strong competition and "Boston Legal," the drama created out of the ashes of "The Practice," had 13.8 million viewers Sunday.

"I think this is going to be a turnaround season for them," said Steve Sternberg, a television analyst for ad buyers Magna Global.

Both "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives" represent something different for broadcast networks, which have depended heavily on procedural crime dramas and reality shows recently, he said.

Since its viewership has dwindled, ABC had to depend on something other than ABC to get the word out on its new shows. It advertised heavily on cable networks ESPN and Lifetime, and placed ads on billboards and on the side of buses.

Since "Desperate Housewives" had the tag line "Everybody has a little dirty laundry," ABC printed ads with that line on thousands of dry cleaning bags.

The network also hired people to plant plastic bottles on dozens of beaches, containing the message, "Help me, I'm lost. You can find me on Wednesday, Sept. 22 on ABC," the premiere date for "Lost."

Not everything ABC touches turns to gold, though. Fewer than 5 million people bothered to watch millionaire Mark Cuban give away money on "The Benefactor." The comedy loosely inspired by Mel Gibson's home life, "The Savages," had just 5.7 million viewers, Nielsen said.

And the network still has to prove it has something strong to replace "Monday Night Football" when the NFL's regular season ends, Sternberg said.

Still, it's a signal to television producers that ABC's "not in the toilet anymore," he said. Before McPherson's hiring earlier this year, the network drew wide criticism for a dysfunctional management that let hits like "The Apprentice" slip to other networks.

One big caution: It's still early, and ABC must hope these shows are more than a passing fancy.

"I hope it's good for the corporate culture here," McPherson said. "It's been a place where a lot of talented people have worked really hard and been kind of beaten down a little bit. I hope people can feel in their bellies that they have the ability to compete now."

Now, with all these people watching ABC ... a little show of promo for Alias, wouldn't be that bad ... (y) (y)