Desperate Mod, needs much help

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I forgot to add before i go, ALIAS is the best show ever, because the storylines are complicated and its far-fetched a lot of times

I'm obsessed coz I go on many websites, I talk with Alias fans from all over the world, I like the actors & JJ Abrams, I would (if I could) spend my money for many things from the show, I can't wait for the episodes to air in France, so I download them, I kept talking about it to my friends, so they could be obsess too (it doesn't work)...

Like some have said, I considered being a government agent when I grow up :rotflmao:. And the insane plot twists in the series :D!!

mandy if you need anything else-or just wanna laugh at me-either way, here's an example of an obsessive fan:
when school started, I was bored and didn't really wanna be going back but I decided to motivate myself by putting quotes at the top of all of my notes so that would be incentive not to lose them or throw them away-well, ask anyone I know-there are ALIAS quotes (in addition to POTC and LOTR) at the top of every page of notes I have taken so far! :P :rolleyes:

awww Brittany! :lol: haha you're so adorable. Anyways thanks to everyone that have replied. I hope Nance, that you don't mind me quoting you! Here's what I ended up with ;)

"Sydney! Get in!" Jack Bristow screamed as his daughter pointed a semi-automatic gun with laser aim at his head.
That was the first episode of Alias and since then the show have attracted a few million regular watchers and more than a few thousand die hard fans. The Central Intelligence Agency, created in 1947 to conduct foreign intelligence collection, covert action, and counterintelligence operations abroad. It is also the focus of “Alias”. It surrounds the life of Sydney Bristow, Graduate English Lit student by day, Super spy by night. Viewers followed Sydney as she figured out that the ‘secret’ branch of the CIA she worked for was actually an enemy of the United States who killed her fiancé. We saw her join the real CIA and foundd out that her long estranged father is actually a double agent for them. We discovered with Sydney that her long ‘dead’ mother, who’s actually not dead, was an operative of the KGB to spy on her father! Everyone watched in anticipation after the Super Bowl 2003 as Sydney brought down SD-6 and the Alliance. In the midst of the now trashed office of her former hell she shared a intense kiss with her handler Michael Vaughn. As season two came to an end fans gripped the edge of their sofas as Sydney woke up in Hong Kong after being MIA for two years, only to be greeted by love of her life with a wedding ring on his finger. The show adds a new twist to the plot every week and with multiple awards for its costume and design it’s definitely one of the best shows on TV. Yet, it’s not about the awards or the ratings, a show can never be great if it doesn’t have faithful fans, and Alias has plenty of those.

You really don’t know what a fan is until you get to know one of these guys. They get excited every time they're in the vicinity of a ringing Nokia cell phone, they balance their schedules around every Alias episode, new and old, despite the fact that they already have the first two season on DVD with what‘s shown of season 3 on VHS. Every time those fans see the #47 in math class a little part of their mind will divert to figure out Milo Rambaldi’s prophecy and finally the worst of them are even interested in becoming a spy! Seriously! I’m sure creator J.J. Abram did not expect the large flock of crazy fans paying hundreds of dollars on Internet servers every month to host their fan sites. Forums like allalias.com and sd-1.com are full of obsessed fans writing fan fictions about their favourite characters. Most of them are filled with careless spelling and grammatical errors but the readers don’t care, because that’s the only place where they can control the fate of the characters. Many even go completely off into their own universe, and give Sydney and Vaughn a perfect and happy family. Fans post their proudly made wallpapers that they spent hours, days, even weeks on in hopes to win challenges created by other members. If you think that’s all normal you haven’t heard the extent of it. Many stay up till past mid-night on Sunday nights passionately raving or ranting about the episode that was shown, knowing very well that the next morning they have to wake up early for school or work. Fans refer to the actors of Alias in familiar terms like calling Jennifer Garner as just simply “Jen” and even give affectionate nicknames to the characters such as Spy!Daddy and Spy!Mommy. They involve themselves in the actors personal lives, memorizing their birthday and favourite foods. More or less these insane people live, eat and breath Alias. Their Christmas wish list would be something like: Alias DVDs, Alias books, Alias calendar, basically, Alias tops, if not is, the whole list. They would rather watch an episode of Alias than call back their best friend. They either rents or buys all the movies and mini-series the actors of Alias have ever been in, even though it is the most minute roles. Another obsession of these Alias “junkies” is to watch award shows and over zealously root for their favourite show, and to throw hard objects at the TV screen when Alias don’t win. The show almost never loses if these fans had anything to say about it. You can see that it’s true in Internet polls, many will vote over and over again, but when only one vote is allowed for every IP address they would go to the public library and vote on every computer that it has. It even becomes personal! They get angry when the show is treated badly and even more enraged when someone they know say Alias sucks. They engage in ‘shipper’ wars where they defend their favourite couple and throw fits when ABC decides to show something other than Alias on Sunday nights.

Why do the fans think they’re obsessed? Nance from allalias.com said, “ for one thing, I go on alias forums. I have a whole bunch of close friends that watch alias and because of alias, I make new friends online and offline. I obsessively check alias-media and jen-garner.net every few hours and when an alias ad comes on the radio or tv, I scream. And then when someone at school says Alias, my attention quickly goes to that person.” Jems said “I was introduced to Alias in the middle of the second season by my boyfriend (who thinks I am now a crazy stalker cos I'm so into the show, the people in it and the fans). Once I got to about double agent or so I couldn't stand waiting for the rest of the season in the UK and went to my computer to COUGHdownloadCOUGH the rest of the season. The finale nearly blew my head off!! It was amazing!!!! The shock waves were still going through me for about a week - he's not married!!! He can't be married!!!!!!” Brittany even said “I will defend ALIAS, it's cast and it's crew at all cost, under any circumstances for any reason! trust me....I've been there.” Some even admitted that they seriously thought about dying their hair bozo red because that was the colour of Sydney’s hair in the first episode. They are so infatuated that there’s a list made by them, of more than 500 reasons why they think they are obsessed, what‘s worse is that it‘s still growing, now that’s when you say, crazy psychos.

So how do I know these fans so well? It’s because I’m one of them. Why? Because Alias is more than just a spy show, it’s about the relationships between father and daughter, bests friends and co-workers. It’s about the mystery that is hidden, like an onion, the more you peel back, the more you want to cry because there’s so much more to discover. It’s about the small gadgets, the disguises, the crazy wigs and the prophecies. It’s the little details that are mentioned for what seemed to be no reason and then 20 episodes later the incentive is revealed. Sometimes it cannot be any more real to us because it resembles our own lives and others times the most unimaginable things happen. That’s what makes Alias so appealing to its fans. They’ve made such a big deal out of their passion that fan sites and fan fics alike have been mentioned in big time magazines like Entertainment Weekly. Alias have even gained fame overseas in countries such as England, France, The Philippines, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Germany, Italy, Sweden and so many more. Many of them formed close friendship and even created online families. Finally, what makes me an overly obsessive fan? I just wrote a whole speech on the show, talking about how obsessive the fans can become, but most of all, I will not, under any circumstances miss Alias on ABC every Sunday night at 9/8 central.

Thoughts? feedbacks?
--Mandy :angelic:

That was really good, personal yet objective, informative and totally brill!!! :D

some would say you should write, say.... fan fiction, oh how i make myself laugh!! lol :P

let us know how you do!! (y) (y)

ok...
i Look at everyhting in Tvguide, entertaiment weekly even if it only ahs 2 word on alias or cast.
I have this email thing that tells you if on tv they mention any thing (mine are jennifer garner, alias, and michael vartan)
I'm on this bored and have over 5,000 posts.
Ive made my own alias boards. (more than 2) I am on other alias boards. I make alias media. I have all the dvds. I tape each episode. Ive met many friends due to alias.
I've read all the books. I ahve the calendar. In my agenda books it has when the new eppy will air and the title. Ive written more than 3 fanfics.
If i hear the word alias, michael vartan, jennifer garner. soemthing inside me goes numb. lmao
Ive wrtten a letter. though didint send it sadly to jj...
after seeing the number 47 i yell.. waoh!!! and then they seem to pop up more frequently. im a member of the 47 society. which evene sends emails. its nuts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back