Animation Despicable Me 2

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Universal is planning to release the sequel Despicable Me 2 on July 3, 2013.

Steve Carell is back as evil but lovable villian Gru and is joined by Kristen Wiig & Al Pacino in the voice cast. The first Despicable Me from Chris Meladandri’s Illumination Entertainment grossed $543M worldwide in 2010 and led to an Orlando theme park ride, Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, based on Gru’s little yellow henchman. The latest movie wrapped production at the same time Illumination began prepping a third film in the series, a Minions spinoff set for December 2014.

Yeah, the trouble I would get into with my own army of minions. Despicable Me is a great movie and as long as the writers can maintain the fun of the first film without making a carbon copy, the sequel should be worth a look. Plus, they have Carell coming back. Carell is one funny man and very good at broad forms of comedy.

As part of the promotion for the movie, opening July 3rd, Universal Pictures has a promotion going on over at Homepage - DespicaBlimp.com that involves a small blimp that looks like on the minions from the movie. :LOL:

The have released a video of the new blimp. :D