Destined

hawkeye

Cadet
A/N: Firstly, I hope there isn't another fic called this. :thinking: But I've posted this over at sd-1 and I thought you guys might like it too. :smiley:
This is my first fic by me (Katie) and it's basically a load of fluff and a little bit of 'end-of-the-world' type stuff later on. It's set late S4 and please bear in mind I haven't seen thw whole of season 4 so don't tell me anything! :blink:
I love feedback and I would like to know what you guys think, if you would like to be added to my PM list just tell me. :D
One last thing, it starts off pretty much awful but it does get better so please bear with me. :blush:

Chapter 1

Ice sprayed everywhere as Sydney swerved to face Vaughn behind her. He just managed to stop in time at her unexpected turn.

"Whoa! Are you trying to get run over?"

Syd just gave him a classic smile and closed the gap between them with a kiss.
"Does that answer your question?"

"You know I love you, but right now I’m gonna beat you at hockey."
And with that he skated away, stick in hand and hit the puck into the net.

"Showoff."

"I guess some things never change." He said with a smile and passed the puck to Sydney.

"Come on, show me what you got." as he started the traditional commentary:
"Bristow makes a return to the ice and the question everyone’s asking is: Does she still have the skill? She’s heading towards the goal, she hits the puck, it’s passed the goal line and yes it’s in the net! Bristow wins the game!"

Sydney laughed as she met him by the goal.

"At least you didn’t fall over this time." he said.

She gave him a playful punch on the arm. "Hey, that was one time, I was…out of practise!"

"You can keep on making excuses Syd but…" He was interrupted by the ring of their phones "…but that’s always going to happen." Vaughn finished as he handed Syd her cell.

~ ~ ~

An hour later Vaughn and Sydney were sitting next to each other in briefing. Sloane stood in front of them behind the central table, waiting to begin.
"Some new data has been recovered concerning Rambaldi."

"What?! I thought we have every Rambaldi artefact!" Sydney exclaimed.

"We do, but page 74 of the manuscript has just been decoded."
He continued but Vaughn interrupted.

"Wait a minute, it’s only just been decoded? I thought we cracked every page three years ago!"

"We thought we did, but it’s actually encoded using a skip-sequence Caesar shift cipher which took us a while to realise but Marshall here," He indicated to the side of him where Marshall was sitting "has managed to find the correct code"

"What does it say?" Sydney asked, wondering if she really did want to know the answer given what Rambaldi had written before.

Vaughn felt her tense up beside him and gently held her hand trying to calm her. Sydney gave him a small smile for his efforts and then turned her attention towards Marshall who was now standing with a look of worry on his face.

"Things are still a little hazy," he began "but from what we’ve gathered so far, Rambaldi talks about ‘The Icelandic Ghost’. He says that her DNA is buried in Iceland and that she has the power to destroy…’The Chosen One’"

~

:thinking:

Thanks for reading. :D And 'The Chosen One' is Sydney, just to clear things up because people over at sd-1 were like :confused: :lol:

sounds intersting! could i have a pm!
and of course syd is the chosen one!! we knew that since season 1!!

Argh!!! Lianne, you stalker! :P I will, but it all went really wrong and it's all messed up because I'm so stupid. :cry: I'm trying to type up the correct version of Chapter 8 right now to be beta'd. It's a long story, but basically I re-wrote Chapters 7 + 8 and forgot that I had. :bag:

i am not a stalker! i was just dropping by to say hey even though i shouldnt because of what you did to me in ABB :sadangel: :P

awww :hug: i'll wait patiently for the update then!! (y) ^_^ :angelic:

:cry: I'm so sorry and it means a lot that you came to say hi. :hug: :smiley:
Thanks, you'll get it soon, I've almost finished typing it up and then Bec needs to beta it but that won't take long. :D

No. I'll bug her later to get the answer out. :devil:

Thanks hun. :hug: I hope I win ABB too, but I don't know. I'll have to kill my best friend (Naomi) and my girlfriend (Nadia). Killing you was awful, I can't imagine having to kill them too. :cry:

People must think we're weird. :thinking:

You cant kill Naomi!! :cry: that would just be mean and i wouldnt let you!! :nonono:

:lol: yeah im thinking other people may be a little confused when they read this! ;)

Ah well, :lol: I could've killed her earlier and Nadia too but after what I went through with killing you I couldn't. :cry: I'm such a bad evil person. I should be able to kill. :cry: I can't, I love you all too much. :cry:

EDIT: Argh!!! Bec won't tell me. :cry: (n) :eek:

You're going to London? Okay, I'll try. :lol: We were trying to make Nix come to London a while ago because she's never been! :eek: Didn't work though. <_<

Yeah i wanna go to the alias thing again but i want Bec to come with me which is why she's been getting loads of PMs from me begging her to come with me :blush: :lol:

Oooooooooooo this sounds interesting!
I loved them playing ice hockey. 🏒
And the evil phone!! :cellphone:
Can't wait for more.
Can I get a pm when you update? :Please:
Thanx for the pm
Update soon

Ok first - wohoo you posted it here!!!

next - no I'm not going to tell you what the winner of ABB gets - it'd spoil the intrigue etc etc so :nyuck: :P

And katie - don't encourage her to bug me!! do you know how many pms she sent me yesterday?!?!

Go kill more people katie - (not that I'd advocate cheating of course by clicking on peoples names - but i want ABB to be over already!!!) I tihnk we may have to kill sarkipoos, as she's not around to play, or maybe jut comatose him/her so she's out of the running?

whoops this is way ot, so back to the fic...I'll beta soon - is 2mrw ok? but i don't think i'll be able to beta the rest if it gets spoilerish :cry:

I have to go watch most haunted with my mum now :smiley:

Back