Destined

Sorry I haven't updated in ages! :blush: Here's the next two chaps and maybe I'll post my new one parter later to make up for my terrible lack of updates.

Chapter 6 Part 2
Previously on Destined: Just then they were interrupted by Jack via comms. “Phoenix, Shotgun, I’ve just made it back to base. We’ve just required some intel.”

Syd and Vaughn exchanged looks “What is it?” she asked.

“We enhanced the image. It turns out that the man that entered the caves before - was Sark.”

“What?!”

“And that’s not all. We think that ‘The Icelandic Ghost’ may already be in existence.” Jack replied.

“Oh my God.” Syd whispered and Vaughn came to stand beside her.

“Sloane isn’t sure though. It looks like the caves don’t go on for much further so he wants you to carry on regardless.”

A sharp, piercing high-pitched noise burst through their comms, both winced at the sound and struggled to take it out of their ears.

“What was that?” Syd asked

“Looks like we’ve lost the signal.”

“Maybe the aerial’s down.”

“It’s possible. You think it was planned?” Vaughn asked.

“Might be.”

“Shall we go see if Jack’s alright?”

“He has communication to APO, right? He should be okay. It’s too late to turn back now.”

Vaughn nodded, Syd was right - they would have to go on.

They carried on down the tunnels, the caves became dimmer and less significant, the tunnels straighter. After about an hour they arrived at yet another cavern.

“Vaughn?”

“Yeah?”

“Can we stop? I’m hungry and tired.”

“Of course. I was thinking of stopping soon. Are you happy here?”

Syd looked around the cave “It looks quite dry. It will do.”

Vaughn set his backpack down in a corner and sat down offering his hand out to Sydney , she took it and sat next to him.

After eating some food from their bags they huddled together under the blankets as the temperature in the caves dropped.

“Michael…”

He turned towards her, his warm eyes inviting her to continue.

“I’m…I’m scared.”

“Shh…Syd. It’s okay.” Vaughn whispered in her ear and wrapped his loving arms around her. “You’ll be okay. Just try and get some sleep, I’ll be here.”

Sydney, too tired to object, lay her head on his lap, his fingers caressing the side of her face as she slowly closed her eyes. Vaughn leant down to kiss her cheek before lying next to her, his arms wrapped securely around her waist as they both drifted off.

~ :love: ~

Oh....I love this next chapter (just 'cause I'm pure evil ;))

Chapter 7

Vaughn and Sydney spent the night curled up in each others arms on the cold, rocky floor of the underground cave.

When she woke up and could feel his arms around her waist all worries of the previous days faded away. Sydney realised in that moment that she wanted to wake up with him every morning and to spend the rest of her life with him. She did want the house with the white picket fencing and eventually the children Vaughn talked about on the plane. Sydney never thought that she would feel this way again after losing Danny, but this time the feeling she had was stronger, more confident than before. She was meant to be with Vaughn for the rest of her life and she wasn’t going to let anything get in her way of that.

Syd could feel Vaughn stirring next to her and turned around in his warm embrace to face him.
“Hey.” She said smiling at Vaughn’s figure, his eyes were still closed when he replied. “Hey”.

He slowly opened his eyes and grinned as he moved his thumb in small circles on her arm. They both gradually sat up, leaning against the wall, the blankets still wrapped around them as Sydney leant her head on his shoulder. “What if she finds us?”

Vaughn moved his arm until it was resting over her shoulder and gently whispered in her ear “She won’t Syd, no-one will ever find us, you’re safe - with me.”

Syd lifted her head off his shoulder and leant in for a kiss. His lips met hers and they shared a brief, gentle kiss before she pulled away.

“Vaughn, you’re different. What’s wrong?”

He looked awkward for a moment, and then his expression turned unreadable.

“Syd, there’s something I need to tell you…”

~

His features turned darker and for a moment Sydney didn’t know what was happening.

She looked down at her hand in his, the fingers on his hand were more fragile than before, the bones beginning to show through.

“Vaughn, what’s happening? What’s going on?”

She looked back up to his head and screamed at the sight before her.

His hair had fallen out, the skin on his face had been eaten away and was falling down onto the floor.

Sydney leapt up still screaming and scrambled away still looking at Vaughn decaying in front of her.
His clothes were rotted away and his insides were nothing but blood on the floor. Syd couldn’t tear her eyes away, she was frozen to the spot, watching the love of her life decay in front of her.

‘Not Vaughn, it couldn’t be Vaughn’

A voice suddenly interrupted her thoughts and she whirled around trying to locate it but all that she could see was rocks everywhere. It was a girl’s voice, she couldn’t be more than 15 years old.

‘Where was it coming from? Was it her who killed Vaughn?’

At first her voice was inaudible, more like screams until she could pick out the words.

“It was me, it will always be me, I’ll never go away not until I’ve killed everyone you’ve ever loved. My father didn’t let me love, didn’t let me grow, so why should you? You won’t be anyone anymore, just a slave to my father’s will, like me.”

Sydney was so confused. ‘Who is this girl?’ she thought as her eyes quickly searched the rest of the cave for her, the girl was gone. She looked back at the remains of his body on the floor.

“Oh my God, Vaughn”. Syd raced over and sat by his bones, tears rolling down her face. “Not you, it can’t be you. You can’t die, you can’t die…” she whispers until her words turn into sobs and then screams at the utter realisation that he’s gone. This unknown girl had done this to him, she had ruined Sydney’s life, taken away all of it’s meaning, everything she had ever lived for.

“Who are you?!” She screamed in the cave, her voice echoing around the enclosed space. Her whole body racked with sobs as she leant over Vaughn’s remains.

~

*evil laugh*

Sorry, couldn’t resist. :P

oh..my...god..i just read this for the first time..its soo good!!
vaughn can't be dead!! he just cantt..poor syd -_-
anyways that was wicked intense can't wait for the next chapter
could i please be added to your pm list? thanks :D

ok there are 8 chapters left he is not dead... it's all just a crazy dream not a curse for removing the stone....

this is ment t obe FLUFFY NOT SCARY!!!!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhh can i get a PM please :D

seeriously Sark must have been about 10 when he wnet in the caves :P

Wow, this better be just a dream. And I have to agree with i'm an aliasaholic that Sark would have been really young at the time. Anyway, I like this fic. Nice job!

Happy Holidays to Everyone! :D

Hehe :whistle: Guess who? :P

Girl, you do so need to update, or else I'll become VERY horrible when (note, I don't use the term "if" I use "when") I come over for the summer!
:flowers:

Thanks for all the replies! :love:

oh..my...god..i just read this for the first time..its soo good!!
vaughn can't be dead!! he just cantt..poor syd -_-
anyways that was wicked intense can't wait for the next chapter
could i please be added to your pm list? thanks :D
Thanks for reading, I will add you to the PM list! :D

ok there are 8 chapters left he is not dead... it's all just a crazy dream not a curse for removing the stone....

this is ment t obe FLUFFY NOT SCARY!!!!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhh can i get a PM please :D

seeriously Sark must have been about 10 when he wnet in the caves :P
Firstly, it's the only scary chapter don't worry. ;)
And secondly, that's the point. Sark would've been very young...:whistle:

Hehe :whistle: Guess who? :P

Girl, you do so need to update, or else I'll become VERY horrible when (note, I don't use the term "if" I use "when") I come over for the summer!
:flowers:
*gulp* I promise I will update on SD-1 soon. :angelic: :thinking:

~ hawkeye :angelic:

Back