DESTINY - Season 2

Ep 201

2 YEARS LATER

« Miss Bristow, please, come in. Have a seat.”
“What is going on, Director Kendall ?”
“(...) Actually, its just Kendall now.”
“What do you mean ?”
“Since you left the agency a year ago, there has been some changes Agent Bristow. I went back to the Rambaldi case in the FBI. Im no CIA Director anymore, Sydney. Jack Bristow is.”
“(...) My father ?”
“Yes. My colleagues and I have some questions for you.”
“About what ? You know I haven’t had any activities for a year. Any contacts. Anything.”
“That wont be a problem Agent Bristow. (...) Can we start Now ? (...) When did you exactly broke up with Mister Luthor ?”
“(...) I beg you a pardon ?”
“I’ll rephrase it. Since when Lex Luthor and yourlsef haven’t been living together ?”
“With all due respect sir, this not of your business.”
“I’m afraid it is, Sydney.”

A man with his head covered up is taken into the CIA. A man is waiting for him. This is Director Jack Bristow. The man is taken to a cell. Guards take off the wig on the man’s head. His face is revealed
Jack Bristow “Leave us now. I’ll have a word with the man. Alone.”

“Sydney, Lex Luthor has been taken into custody.”
“(...) What ?! Why ??”
”We believe Lex Luthor has been playing on two sides, CIA and himself. He has concealed a crucial artifact to the CIA. Page 47. We believe the man has been hiding some things to the agency.”
“This is not enough and you know this mister Kendall !! Lex helped us to dismantle SD-6 and the Alliance ! Even if he kept for himself some evidence, he has shown his loyalty ! After all, its thanks to him we got all those Rambaldi artifacts that you people have been seeking for years !!”
“There’s more, Sydney.”

“Mister Bristow. What a pleasant surprise.”
“I’ll go straight to the point, Luthor. Not because you have been the chief of the former Rambaldi/SD-6 mission means I will get easy on you. Im gonna be clear. I’ll ask questions, and I want answers. Am I understood ?”
“(...) Indeed.”
“Good. What have you done during the last year ?

“In this page 47, miss Bristow, it is said a man will come to discover the Truth of Origins, and this man will reveal his Dark Side and conduct the world to its end.”
“Don’t tell me you believe its about Lex....I can’t even think you believed this Prohecy in the first place.”
“We have learnt to consider every elements, Agent Bristow. And you know that. (...) Look Sydney, I know this is a tough call for you, I totally understand, but we’re gonna need your cooperation anyway. I want to believe you, that Lex has done anything behind our backs. But the only way to save his ass, is to cooperate. Otherwise, there’s nothing that will get him out of custody.”
“(...) There’s just one thing I’d like to know. Who was the head of this mission that...got Lex arrested ? Is it my father ?”
“No its not your father.”
“What ? Then who it is ?”
“Im afraid Im not authorized to reveal you informaiton about CIA mission given the fact you’re out of it.”
”But still, you need my operation. It’s your call.”
“(...) Agent Michael Vaughn.”

“Im telling you Jack, after my marriage fell apart, I chose to quit my governor position and take a good break.”
“And where did you spend this break ?”
“At my favourite place. Paris, Jack.”
“And how did you spend your time ?”
“(...) I’m out of this Jack After Sloane died, it was over for me.”
“Why did you conceal the page 47 to the CIA ?”
“My mission at the time for the CIA was over and I didn’t feel it was quite necessary to get back to the office and inform the agency. I mean, the job was done for me, I managed to get everything the CIA wanted. Rambaldi and Sloane. Page 47 was not part of the Prophecy.”
“But still, it was a Rambaldi artifact. You know you should have reported it.”
“Like I said, Jack. I had already done my work for the agency.”
“(...) Somehow, I don’t believe you. I have the impression you’re not telling everything.”
“Why would I lie, Jack ?”
“You tell me.”
“Come on, don’t tell me you believe in this stuff.”
“Don’t you ? (...) Well, I assume you have nothing else to say to me ? Good. Oh, one last thing. Just because you once were comfortable with my daughter, doesn’t mean you have to feel comfortable with me.”

Ep 202 THE INTERROGATING

Kendall “Whenever you’re ready, Agent Bristow.”
Sydney “(...) 2 years and a half ago, I was recruited by Arvin Sloane, the head of SD-6. An organization he had created with Lex Luthor. I was sworn to secrecy but I couldnt keep it from my fiancé when he proposed to me. When Arvin Sloane heard I had told my fiancé about SD-6, he got him...killed. Lex could not do anything about that. Sloane took the decision by his own.”
“And why would you say ‘Lex could not do anything’ ? “
“Lex Luthor had created SD-6 with Arvin Sloane in order to take him down with the help of the CIA. Sloane was at the time looking for Rambaldi artifacts.”
“It is said in this file you were also a double agent with mister Luthor. Tell me about it.”
“After what happened with Danny, my fiancé, Lex told me everything. He saidthat SD-6 was not part of the CIA and that Sloane was foolng everybody. I then become a double agent with Lex for the CIA. We ventually managed to take down both SD-6 and the Alliance. And Arvin Sloane was finally taken down by Agent Luthor.”
“You mean he killed him.”
“(...) Yes.”
“Tell me about your relationship with mister Luthor.”
“After dismantling SD-6, Lex and I got to Europe, to seek for the lasts artifacts. We were eventually...dating.”
“I also see that at that time, you “quit” the agency. But in fact, you were again a double agent, helping Lex to find new Rambaldi artifacts and reporting everything to the CIA. But mister Luthor finally learnt the truth, didn’t he ?”
“(...) Yes he did.”
“How did he react ?”
“He was disappointed that I deceived him. Which I totally understood.”
“But luckily, your relationshoip has not suffured from this.”
“I never meant to deceive him. I highly considered Agent Luthor at the time, and so did he.”
“But not anymore ?”
“(...) After everything was over, Lex and I got got married. But it didn’t last. We chose to break up a year ago. “
“That’s when you left the agency ? But this time it was real, wasn’t it ?”
“Yes.”
“I also heard that at this same time, mister Lex Luthor quit his Kansas Governor position at Metropolis, is that right ?”
“(...) Yes.”
“When was the last time you saw Lex Luthor ?”
“A year ago. But we left in good terms”
“I see. Do you think Agent Luthor could have suffured for too many emotional pains ? I mean, of course with you, but also with...Lois Lane ?”
“Lex put his trust in Lois Lane and she deceived him in return. He had the right to be upset. But if you’re suggesting this could have altered Lex’s behaviour, you’re wrong. Lex is a decent man.”
“Not everybody thinks so. (...) Have you any idea of what mister Luthor could have been doing this last year ?”
“Like I said, I haven’t seen him since a year. But I heard he went to Paris to take break. He was tired with the last years and I know Paris was a place that eased him. That’s where we started dating.”
“Ok miss Bristow, that was good.”
“Can I go now ?”
“Actually, there a few things left I wanted you to tell us about.”
“And what would that be ?”
“(...) Michael Vaughn.”
“I don’t see the point of telling you about my personnal life.”
“If you don’t mind, I’d like just to ask a few questions.”
“Well, it’s not like I have a choice.”
“I’m afraid so. (...) When and where did you meet Agent Vaughn in the first place?”
“I met Michael Vaughn for the first time in the CIA Agency, in Los Anegles, when I started to be a double Agent for the CIA. He was my man-handler.”
“The file mention that your father Jack Bristow was also working as a double Agent in SD-6.”
“Yes he was, with Lex Luthor. The three of us were the only ones to know the truth about SD-6.”
“And Marcus Dixon ?”
“Agent Dixon was also in SD-6, but we couldn’t tell him the truth. After the dismantled of SD-6, Dixon was proposed a job in the CIA. For all I know, he’s still in the agency.”
“He is. Now let’s go back to Agent Vaughn. I see that Agent Vaughn and yourself were...involved.”
“(...) Yes, we were. That was before I dated Agent Luthor. Michael Vaughn and I broke up after the dismantled of SD-6. As I considered the man Lex Luthor and wanted to escape for a while, I volonteered to watch him for the CIA in europe. I knew he was a good man. Thus I thought spending time with him in europe after my separation could be really nice.”
“And apparently it was. (...) Agent Bristow, have you ever considered Lex Luthor was working with Arvin Sloane the whole time and that when he walked in the CIA he only intended to search for his own interest ?”
“(...) How dare you. Listen to me. Carefully. You know I have the utmost respect for you, we have history. I’ll never be thankful enough to you. But if you keep suggesting these insane accusations to a man who has put his life in danger at any moment just to make sure his team was secure, to a man who saved the life of Senator Palmer and Bauer’s family, to a man who helped destroying one of the most dangerous group in the world...I’ll swear to God I may not be able to control myself.”
“(...) Ok Agent Bistow. If my colleagues have nothing else to say, that’ll be all. (...) Thank you Sydney.”
“I’ll ask one thing. I want to see Lex Luthor.”
“(...) Im afraid its going to be impossible.”
“What do you mean ?”
“You’re no longer an Agent of the CIA. You’re not allowed to visit him. Im sorry.”
“(...) Then I want to be reassigned.”

Ep 203 TORN APART

Sydney enter in the CIA Agency.

Vaughn “Sydney, what are you doing here ?! You know you can’t use your former CIA code !!”
Sydney “Im back. (...) I need to talk to you.”
“(...) Ok. Come here.”
They into an isolated room.
Vaughn “What is it ?”
Sydney “What is it ?!! Are you kidding me or something ?!!”
“I haven’t seen you either in a while and I’m happy to see you too, Syd.”
“How can you do this ?!”
”Do what ?”
“Taking Lex into custody ! I know you directed that mission.”
“Syd, I was just doing my job !”
“Were you ?”
“The man lied to the agency ! Its almost like like he used us to get rid of Sloane and get what he wanted about Rambaldi !! I mean, how come he didn’t tell us about page 47 ?”
“Because he knew exactly what you would have done !!”
“(...) You knew about this ?”
“Yes. I knew.”
“Sydney, why didn’t you tell the CIA ? Or at least me ??”
“(...) Because I loved him. (...) After all we’ve been through, all I wanted was to get married so we could rest and live happy, and free. He knew if we would tell the CIA they will immediately arrest him. (...) She got tears in her eyes. Now, please, Vaughn, do not tell me that you have been investigating him...because of us. Vaughn ?”
“I....I’m sorry. I can’t deny I was really sad about losing you. But....I swear to you Syd...I only did my job as the CIA got Lex watched....Syd....I....” He puts his hand on Sydney’s shoulder.
“Don’t touch me.”
She leaves the isolated room.
“Syd.....”
As Jack sees Syd, he calls out his daughter.
Jack Bristow “Sydney ? What are you doing here ?! You know you’re not authorized to....”
Sydney “I know dad. I know.”
“(...) I guess you have heard about Lex.”
“What do you think ? Don’t tell me you’re not the one who got me interrogated by Kendall. Oh, by the way, congratulation on your new job.”
“Sydney, I understand how you feel, but this is serious accusations.”
“Spare me the lecture dad. All you have is the writings of a scientist geek of the 15th century...”
“We also have evidence Lex Luthor has been concealing important documents on his mission to the CIA.”
“(...) I knew dad.”
“What ?”
“I knew about page 47. Not reporting to the CIA was a decision we both took. We knew exactly how the agency would react. And here we are.”
“Sydney, are you aware of what you’re saying.”
“Why, have you a cell for me too ?”
“Don’t be silly.”
“Oh yeah ? And why not ?”
“Because this page is not about you ! (...) Sydney, I understand Lex means a lot to you, but don’t let your feelings blind you. Lex Luthor is not the man you think he is.”
“But you do ? (...) All Lex has done is help this country. He has always been nice...he took care of me more than anyone. He may have defects, but there’s good inside of him, you can’t deny it. But all you see in people is their dark side. Please dad...help him.”
“Im afraid it is impossible. (...) Lex will have to answer full accusations of betrayal. And it’s likely to consider that according to the Prophecy and Page 47, he’ll be transferred to the national jail. (...) I’m sorry, Sydney.”

Ep 204 ANGER

A female agent enter the CIA office in a hurry. Its Nadia, Sloane’s daughter and Sydney’s sister as they have the same mother.

Nadia “Where is he ? Where is he ?!!”
Jack Bristow “Nadia, stay calm.”
Sydney “Dad, let me take care of this.”
Nadia “I wanna see the man who killed my father !!”
Sydney “Nadia, come here.”
Syd takes her to the isolated room of the office.
Nadia “Syd...”
Sydney “Nadia, calm down. Calm down. I know you’re upset...”
“Upset ? You think ?!! I wanna face that son of a.....”
“Nadia ! (...) I totally understand how you feel. I totally understand you wanted to get closer to your father. I know this anger. I had it when...your father killed Danny. (...) Nadia, you have to be aware your father killed a lot of innocent people. As hard as it is to understand for you, Arvin Sloane had to be taken down. Lex didn’t have a choice...”
“How do you know that ? Were you there when it happened ? (...) You can’t understand what I feel. You haven’t lived as an orphan for so many years. Even if your father wasn’t so close to you, still, you had one...after all this years, I finally found family, and now, its taken away from me. Even if my father was the head of SD-6, or anything else I don’t know, don’t you think he deserved a second chance ? I mean, isn’t it what you did...giving a second chance to Jack Bristow ?”
“This is not the same, Nadia. My father didn’t kill you fiancée just for his own business.”
“(...) Even if he was Arvin Sloane, he was my father. Syd tries to hug her. Nadia recoils her. I need to be alone.”
“(...) Ok.” Sydney leaves the room.
“Syd. (...) The only reason why I won’t get back at Lex....is you. You’re the only family I’ve got now. And I love you.”
“(...) I love you too Nadia.”

Vaughn comes to visit Lex Luthor in his prison cell.

Vaughn “It’s ok, you can leave us now. Thank you.”
Lex “(...) Agent Vaughn ? You were the last person I expected to see.”
“Youi should get used to unexcpected things. I may happen a lot in the near future.”
“(...) I thought I could trust you.”
“Don’t you talk to me about trust. (...) I know Sydney knew. You deliberately put her in danger.”
“Agent Bristow and I made this discovery together. Believe me, if I could have made sure she doesn’t know, I would have. Michael, can’t you see I had to keep it from the CIA ?! It was the only way to protect my marriage, Sydney. We just wanted to get away from it. We knew what would happen. And we weren’t wrong.”
“Don’t you dare talking about Sydney.”
“(...) So this is it ? This is all about Sydney ?”
“Its about you, and nothing else. Its about your disloyalty. About the fact that you cannot be trusted.” Lex stares at vaughn.
“(...) Yes. Of course it is.(...) I’m sorry Agent Vaughn, but whether you like it or not, this is a decision she and I took. I did this for her.”
“Enough !!”
“(...) Michael, I know I can talk to you. I know you would listen to me, cuz you want the same thing I want. You want Sydney to be happy.”
“We are not the same people.”
“So what Agent Vaughn ? I know you, I used to go on the field with you. I perfectly know you’re not a man who would believe in those kind of Prophecy ! You really think Im going to conduct the world to its end ?!! Come on Michael !! You didnt do it because of this Page 47 !! Then why did you in the first place investigate on this ??!!!”
“Because you took her away from me !! Lex and Vaughn are looking at each other. (...) All I know, is that I have learnt not to trust you. (...) I may not care about this Prophecy, but I sure do care about you. You won’t fool me, Lex. You won’t fool nobody anymore. I don’t know how you made Sydney being on your side like this, no matter what. But it won’t work with me.” Vaughn leaves.
“(...) You’re making a mistake, Agent Vaughn.”

Ep 205 TRUST

Guard “You have one visitor.”
Lex “I do ? Or is it another way of announcing mister Bristow ?”
“Hello Lex.”
“(...) Clark ? What are you doing here ? I mean, you convinced the CIA to let you talk to me, I must say, Im impressed.”
“(...) Why did you lie to me ? You told me this Rambaldi thing was over.”
“It is Clark. These are false accusations.”
“And what about this page 47, about you ? Why didn’t you mention it to me ?”
“(...)There are some things you don’t need to know.”
“But you could have told me, I was your friend.”
“As a friend, I was trying to protect you, Clark. Look how we end up when we know such a truth.”
“(...) I could have helped.”
“And how ? Don’t tell me you haven’t your secret garden, Clark ? Don’t tell me you never kept secrets ?” Lex looks at Clark.
“(...) Lex, whatever it is, you must tell me everything.”
“You already know everything now.”
“There’s nothing more ? So why would they keep you in a cell prison ?”
“I don’t know, perharps they blame me for my relationship with Sydney, that after that she has left the agency, or because I managed to do things they were never able to achieve...and you Clark, have you got something to tell me ?”
“Me ? What would I have to say to you ?”
“I don’t know. You tell me.”
Guard “Time is up.”
Clark “ (...) Well, I guess this is it.”
Clark leaves.
Lex “ Clark. Like I said. I was protecting you. Believe me.”

Sydney is alone in the agency. Dixon goes towards her.

“Syd ?”
“ Oh Dixon, Im so happy to see you !”
“How you feel ?”
“Well, I’ve been better.”
“I understand. It must be hard for you.”
“Thanks, you’re nice.”
“(...) Im here because...I’ve been assigned to interrogate Lex tomorrow, with a lie detector. I wanted you to know.”
“I really appreciate.”
“(...) I also wanted you to know that I may consider those accusations true. But Im not saying he’s all guilty. All I want Syd, is not to live again the SD-6 experience. I totally understand why you haven’t mentionned this to me, this would have affected the mission. I know it must have been hard as we were partners. I know cuz I lived it, when I couldn’t tell you what happened to you during those 2 years missing.”
“I know, Dixon.”
“(...) I would suggest you don’t let your feelings interfere in your judgement.”
“Dixon...”
“I mean it, Sydney. (...) I will make everything not be lied to again. No matter what. Even if I have to state that Lex is guilty.”

Ep 206 STUBBORN

This is in the interrogation room. Dixon is interrogating Lex with a lie detector.Dixon “Name ?”
Lex “Alexander Joseph Luthor.”
“Profession ?”
“Politician and Special Agent.”
“Have you ever been married ?”
“Yes. Once.”
“Are you still married ?”
“(...) Technichly yes. But no.”
“In what terms did you left you wife ?”
“Good.”
“What were you exaclty doing in the agency ?”
“Marcus, you’re kidding ? I’ve answered about a thousand time to this and I...”
“Just answer the question, mister Luthor.”

Sydney is sitting on a chair in the agency, pretty nervous. A colleague next to her notices that.

“Are you allright ?”
“Sorry ? Euh yes, don’t pay attention, Im just a little...nervous.”
“I can tell. I'm Chandler Bing by the way.”
“Sydney Bristow.”
“The Sydney Bristow ?”
“Euh, I assume yes.”
“Then I can understand why you’re so nervous. Im sorry by the way...about that.”
“Thank you.”
“Can I ask you a question ?”
“Yes, of course. Go ahead.”
“Is your father the same at home than in the agency ?”
She smiles.

Lex “Thus, not only the SD-6, but also the whole Alliance wasn’t a threat anymore.”
Dixon “That’s when you went to europe to seek Rambaldi’s artifact, with Sydney Bristow.”
“Yes. Despite the fact I’ve helped the CIA, they cared enough about me to send an Agent to watch my back. How nice. But today, I thank them for that. I would not have really known the real Sydney Bristow otherwise.”
“You divorced Agent Bristow a year ago, is that correct ?”
“We didn’t get divorced.”
“Although your lawyer Ally McBeal said you should have.”
“How did you get that information ? Anyway, I don’t care what she says, Syd and I didn’t want to yell at each other in a court. Just because we weren’t together anymore didn’t mean we didn’t appreciate each other.”
“Please, when referring to Sydney Bristow, say ‘Agent Bristow’”.
“(...) Agent Bristow and I were married, so don’t you tell me how to call her.”
“(...) Have you been disloyal to the agency ?”
“No.”
“Did you walk in the CIA in the first place to obtain sufficient influence in order to get all Rambaldi’s artifcacts, and eventually get to the Truth ?”
“No.”
Dixon has a look on the lie detector. But it’s normal.
“(...) Im sorry to disappoint you, Marcus, but you won’t find any clue or information about my disloyalty to the agency.”

Sydney “See, he’s not so terrible !! Its just that it is in his nature to be cold like this. But once you get to know him, he’s not that bad after all.”
Chandler “I wish I could see that ! (...) How did you handle it ?”
“What ?”
“Having to lie to your friends, I mean about SD-6 and all that stuff ?”
“Sometimes it’s been really hard, but, I mean, it has to be done, it was the right thing to do.”
“(...) I’ve been lying for 10 years to my closest friends. Even my wife.”
“Ten years ? Oh my god ?!”
“Sometimes I feel like I want to tell everything. Its too much to bear. But I know I just....can’t.”
“It must be terrible for you.”
“Yes. I have to lie all the time. I live in New York so I have to make something up everytime the agency wants me to fly to Los Angeles.”
“What did you say to them you were doing for a living ?”
“Well, I’ve never been cleared on that with them. I said something about computer and stuff. But everytime we got to talk about that, I tried to find my words, and when the word computer would come out they stop listenning to me, so, in the end, its pretty cool. But, basically, I don’t think they have an idea about what my job could be !”
“Even your wife ?”
“Yeah, even my wife.”
“Still, ten years. What I’ve been through is nothing compared to you. How do you do it ? I mean, you seem ok.”
“Jokes.”
“Im sorry ?”
„I make jokes. It really makes things easier for me. I can escape from this life. I know its hard picturing me making jokes, but believe me, I can be funny.”
“ She smiles. I don’t doubt that.”
“Last year, Monica and I – my wife – adopted two marvellous kids. A girl and a boy.Well, we wanted just one, but in the end, it appeared the pregnant mother was having twins ! We couldn’t abandon one of these fellows, so we took them both !”
“That’s wonderful.”
“Look, here’s a picture of them.”
“They’re just too cute.”
“Thanks.”

Dixon comes out of the interrogating room. He goes directly to talk to Jack.

Jack “What’s the verdict ?”
Dixon “(...) He hasn’t said anything. The lie detector found nothing. He sticked to his version of the facts.”
“I see. And you, what are your conclusions ?”
“(...) I think Agent Luthor has been very well prepared. After all, he was probably the best Agent this Agency had, except for Sydney maybe. He could perfectly have faked it.”
“He could also have said the truth.”
“Yes. But are we willing to take that risk ? As far as I'm concerned, I want to be sure he’s not doing things behind our back before I give him my trust back.”
“(...) Let me talk to him for a minute.”
Jack enters the room. He faces Lex.

Lex “Is this over now, Jack ?”
Jack “Why won’t you just let it go, Lex ?”
“Jack, I’m tired and....”
“Look at me, look at me ! (...) Why you should I trust you ?”
“Who the hell do you think you are to talk about trust to me ? Have you told Sydney about the files she found in Wittenberg ? You think she left the CIA because of our break-up ? NO. She left mostly because of you.”
“Don’t talk to me about my daughter. (...) You give me no choice.”
Syd sees her father getting out of the interrogating room.
Sydney “Euh, will you excuse me, I have to talk to my father. It was very nice meeting you, Chandler.”
Chandler “You too. Take care, Sydney.”

Sydney “Dad. (...) How did it go ?”
Jack “Not so well, I’m afraid.”
“What do you mean ? What is going to happen ?”
“(...) Lex will be transferred to the national prison of LA.”

Ep 207 THE TRANSFERT

Lex is in his cell. He hears footsteps coming. Lex is showing his back.

“I’ve already told you you were wasting your time, Jack.”
“Lex....”
Lex turns back.
“Sydney ? What are you doing here ? Don’t tell me you...”
“Yes. I’ve been reassigned as a CIA Agent.”
“Sydney...”
“Its ok, its ok...”
“(...) I thought its not what you wanted.”
“But it was the only way to see you.”
“Syd...”
“Ever since I heard you’ve been taken into custody...Im so lost. I mean, I wanted us to separate, I don’t regret that, it was working anymore, but...”
“Its good to see you too. I’ve missed you.” They look at each other.
“(...) I’ve missed you too. (...) Lex, I need to know, what they say...”
“Syd, come here.” Lex puts his arms out of the bars and grab Syd’s arms. Remember, two years ago, we said we wouldn’t lie to each other no more. I also remembered that you said you believed in me. You know me, I have never done anything that would hurt you. I want you to know that, to remember that...I care about you so much Sydney.”
Syd cries. Lex kisses her forehead. They eventually...kiss.
“Lex...there’s something you need to know.”
“What ? What is it ?”
“(...) You’re going to be transferred.”
“(...) I know. (...) But I want you to remember...I’ll always be looking out for you, whatever happens.” Syd got tears in her eyes.

Vaughn sees upset Syd coming out from where Lex is being held. He goes to talk to her.Vaughn “Syd !”
Syd sees Vaughn calling her. But she continues her walk, she apparently doesn’t want to talk to him.
Vaughn “Syd ! Come on, you have to talk to me ? (...) Don’t tell me you went to talk with Luthor ? Sydney, we don’t know what he may be up to...”
“Don’t you dare. (...) I’m thru talking with you.”
“Syd...”
She goes away. Vaughn is very frustrated. Jack arrives towards Vaughn.
Jack “Agent Vaughn, the team’s ready. Agent Dixon’s waiting for you. (...) Are you ready for the transfert ?”
Vaughn “(...) Yes. I am.”

Jack sees his daughter. After Vaughn is gone, he goes to her. “Are you gonna be allright ?”
“What do you think ?”
“(...) Sydney, Lex told me you left the agency because...of me. Is that true ?”
“(...) In a certain way, yes. (...) Dad, Im not gonna lie to you, after what I found in the bank, you were the last person I wanted to see. I could not have worked anymore with you, and either with Lex at the time. That’s why I took this decision. (...) So you won’t be surprise if I trust Lex more than you.”
“About that, I think there’s something you should know. 2 years ago, during the Palmer affair, Lex asked me for help to locate Sloane. He didn’t want the CIA to know about that. So I guess I know what Im talking about when I question his loyalty.”
“And you, you helped him, didn’t you ? Doesn’t that question your loyalty ?” ?”
“(...) I told the agency afterwards.”
“(..) Look dad, you know better than anyone Sloane was pure felgercarb, if he wanted to do that its because it was personnal. He never forgave him about what he did to Danny and to us all. And I know taking down Sloane was personnal for you too.”
“Still, his methods have always been questionnable.”
“(...) If there’s nothing more, Im done with you.”
Sydney leaves.
“Sydney ! (...) There’s something else I wanted to tell you. (...) About what you found, in that bank...Im sorry you have found it that way.”
“(...) Were all those things true ?”
“After I found out your mum lied to me, that she has been all along a KGB Agent, all I could think about was to get back at her. And I swore to myself I will not let her try to corrupt you. Then I decided you had to be trained.”
“I was 6 dad...”
“I know, Sydney. I know I acted selfishly. But, I did that...because I loved you.”
“Still, you took away my choices in life.”
“I also protected you from your mother. She would probably have tried to kidnap you to train you her own way. You have no idea what your mother was capable of. (...) I had to do this, Sydney.”
“And...did you...kill mum ?”
“(...) No. I just wanted people to think so. I wanted people to believe she was dead. I was hoping you would eventually learn this. I wanted your closure about your mother. But I wish you haven’t believed I killed her. (...) Im sorry about all that, Sydney. I know I don’t always do things very nicely, but everything I’ve done...was always for you. (...) You think...you could give me another second chance ?”
She smiles.
“I’ll try.”
Chandler Bing “Mister Bristow ?”
Jack Bristow “Yes ?”
Chandler Bing “There’s a call for you. It’s Dixon.”
Sydney Bristow “Dixon ?”
Chandler Bing “He says it’s important.”
Jack Bristow “I’ll take it.”
Jack takes the call. While listening to it, his face grows pale.
Sydney “Dad...is everything allright ?”
Jack turns towards his daughter.
Jack “(...) There has been a problem during the transfer.”

Ep 208 RETURN

This is in what seems a batterfield. There are dead bodies. Dixon is close to Vaughn, who’s lying on the ground.

Dixon “Vaughn ? Vaughn ?!! Do you hear me ?!! (...) Vaughn !! Vaughn, stay with me !!! Medic !! We need medic !!!!! NOW !!!!!!!!!”

One hour earlier. 4 trucks are about to leave for Lex’s transfert.

Vaughn “Everyone’s ready ? Is everything in place ?”
Dixon thru the micro. “Affirmative.”
Vaughn “So let’s move out.”
The division moves. Vaughn is with Lex in the truck. Dixon is in another truck.
Lex “So this is it ?”
Vaughn “(...) What ?”
“You got your closure ? Seeing me in a jail will make you feel better ?”
“Stop the bullshit. I’m just doing my job.”
“Of course you are. (...) You still love her, don’t you ?”
“This is not of your concern.”
“How could I blame you ? (...) Michael, for the sake of god, why did you have to do that ?”
“For everyone’s sake I’m afraid.”
“Now that hurts. (...) But like I said, you have made a mistake.”
Suddenly, the truck is being strongly shaken up.
Vaughn “What the hell is happening ?! Dixon ? Dixon ?!! Do you copy ?”
Dixon “Vaughn..trtrtrtr...hear me...trtrtr...we’re being....trtrtrtr...attacked....”
Vaughn “Dixon ?!! Damn it, I’ve lost him. You stay here, you don’t m....”
Violent shakings. The truck where Vaughn & Lex are has an accident. It falls over. Lex & Vaughn are injured. The door of the back of the truck blows up. Soldiers enter. They hit Vaughn and take Luthor. Lex seems to be a little shaken.
Once they’re out of the truck, they give Lex a gun and take off his handcuffs. There are plenty of gunfires.
“Take this. We’ve got to move. Now !!”
They all move. Dixon sees that.
Dixon thru the micro “Team, do not let Luthor escape !!”
Lex is getting hit. But the others are moving , they haven’t noticed that. It’s Vaughn who jumped on Lex. They fight. Vaughn runs onto Lex, they both fall. Lex is lying and Vaughn is on top of him. Gunfire.
Lex “I told you not to do that....”
Vaughn “Aaaaahh....”
Lex “I told you it was a mistake...why didn’t you listen to me ?”
Vaughn looks at Lex. He’s beginning to faint. Soldiers come back to take Luthor.
“Come on !! We can”t stay here !! Let’s go !!”
While leaving, Lex looks at Vaughn, lying on the ground. Sadness on his face.
Dixon arrives later, after they’re all gone.

Dixon “Vaughn ? Vaughn ?!! Do you hear me ?!!
Vaughn “Lex....he.....”
Dixon “Vaughn !! Vaughn, stay with me !!! Medic !! We need medic !!!!!”

CIA’s office.
Chandler Bing “There’s a call for you. It’s Dixon. He says it’s important.”
Sydney “Dad...is everything allright ?”
Jack “(...) There has been a problem during the transfer.”
“(...) What do you mean ?”
“The division has been attacked by a group of roughly 10, or maybe 15 men. (...) Lex is gone.”
“He’s been kidnapped ?”
“(...) According to Agent Dixon’s statement, it would rather turn out that...he has escaped.
Sydney’s face is growing pale.
There’s more Sydney. (...) Vaughn has been seriously wounded.”

Lex is seated in a giant shed, seems like a very tall cave. Its very dark. Lex is massing his bruised wrists. A shadow is coming closer to him, we can hear the footstep. But all we see is a silouhette. The silouhette is behind him.
Silouhette “Its good to see you, Lex. (...) The man is still behind Lex. He puts his hand on Lex’s right shoulder. So apparently, everything has gone well ?”
Reluctant Lex takes a moment before answering, apparantley feeling bad about what happened. Thats the feeling his face is showing.
Lex “(...) It has....”
Silouhette “Good.”
The man leaves the room, eventually revealing himself, leaving a not free-minded Lex Luthor. It’s Arvin Sloane.

Back