Destiny

liliana

Cadet
Summary: After she loses her mother to cancer 18 year old Megan goes to live with her aunt Sarah on her horse ranch. As time goes by she learns more about the farm,her family and life itself.She also learns about love when she falls in love with a man three years her senior and a horse.But also the shocking truth of her mother.What will happen who knows?
Category:Romance/Drama/POV
Rating:PG-13

Destiny
by: Lili :syd4:

Chapter 1

I stare in wonder at the site that lays before me I had never been here before to my aunt Sarah's ranch. She had always come to see us in the city never complaining but I would have loved to come here sooner. I look down as much as I love my aunt I wish I was coming here with my mom instead of alone.

But mom had to stay in the city she had to undergo more chemo for her cancer I look down and sigh. I heard the doctors earlier saying that she may not make another six months. No that can't happen I need my mom she can't leave me not like dad left. I need her to stay.

I remember when dad died just as though it was yesterday he was a policeman you see and of course was always in danger. I was only 11 at the time and mom got the phone call in the middle of the night saying that dad had been shot in a hit and run. She had woken me up and told me we were going to the hospital.

At the time I thought it was cause of my grandfather who hadn't been feeling well the last few days. But when we reached the hospital we were too late my fathers injuries had been too severe and he had died on the operating table. I remember my mother falling down to the floor and crying.

She told me straight away what was going on there was never a lie between us I just remember when we got home I lay down on my bed and I cried for days so here I am again on the brink of another tragedy. The taxi pulls up in front of the main house and I see my aunt standing there she has a smile on her face.

I get out of the car and I run over to her shes my favourite aunt always has been bringing me presents when she came to see us always already to shop even if mom wasn't.My dad's family cut me and mom off after dad died I guess cause they saw too much of him in me.

She turns my face up towards hers "well hello munchkin I can't believe how much you've grown since I last saw you," she says. "I mean its only been two months and you are almost as tall as I am."

I smile at her "hi aunt Sarah," I say. I hug her again and kiss her on the cheek I pick up my pack that I dropped on the ground and I pay the driver. He has brought my bags up and I smile at him as he drives away. "So where's Charlie?"

Sarah shakes her head and smiles Charlie is my six year old cousin who loves to follow me around. My aunt opens the door and a little girl comes running out and hugs my legs. "Here she is," Sarah says.

I smile and I pick the little girl up she snuggles her face into my shoulder you see my aunt is the youngest in the family a late baby she's 32 while my mom is the second oldest at 38 yes she and dad had me very young. But it didn't matter to them they were so in love. I look around and see my uncle Ryan standing there. I put Charlie down and hug him tightly. "Hi Meg," he says.

I smile up at him "hi uncle Ryan," I say. He kisses me on the head and I smile at him Sarah comes over and takes my head and leads me upstairs. I look at her quizzically. I feel someone put their hands over my eyes. I hear someone open a door. Whoever it was takes their hands away and I see the room that I always stay in completely revamped.Theres a huge double bed in the corner, with a desk and a laptop sitting on it.There's a bookshelf with some books a walk in closet and my own bathroom. I look at my aunt and she smiles "but this must have cost you guys a fortune."

Sarah shakes her head "no not really it was worth it to see the smile on your face and we've been making a huge profit training horses and using the grounds for show jumping," she says. I hug her tightly and then I hug Ryan. I look at another open door "thats for your mom."

I look at her and smile "you mean after she leaves the hospital this is where we are going to stay?" I ask. Sarah nods and I throw my arms around them and they both laugh.

"Sarah Ryan," a voice says behind us. I let them go and they turn around you see a young girl with short blonde hair and blue eyes. "Joseph wants to ask you something Ryan."

He nods "I'll see you two girls later," he says. I nod and the girl gives me the once over and she smiles.

Sarah rolls her eyes "oh where are my manners Erica Summers this is my niece Megan Andrews. Meg this is Erica she helps us with Charlie and also boards she goes to the local university," she says.

I smile at her and I hold out my hand which she shakes "it's very nice to meet you Erica," I say.

Erica smiles at me as well "nice to meet you too finally Megan Charlie rants about you all the same I was beginning to wonder if I was ever gonna meet you," she says. We laugh at that "would you like to go riding?"

I nod "sure that would be wonderful," I say. I smile "I'll just get changed." She nods and I move over to my suitcases as they left and shut the door. I put my riding clothes on that I always bring with me.

I step out and move downstairs where I see Erica waiting and we move outside and we go to the stables. I ride a horse named Charmer.

End POV

You see Sarah on the phone "yes okay I understand I know I understand doctor well you should have phoned sooner," she says."Fine okay bye."

She puts the phone down and Ryan comes up behind her "what's wrong?" he asks.

Sarah looks down "we have to get Meg Cat has had a relapse and she's in the hospital they say she doesn't look good," she says. She snuggles into Ryan.

TBC....

hmm how will they deal with this? Wait and find out.

Man..... you are really good please write more I wanna know what happens. So far out of all the stories I have read, yours is the best. One thing use a different word other than smile because you use it alot. Write more.......Daisy

Chapter 2

By: Lili

Megan's POV

I walk into the hospital its taken Aunt Sarah and I about an hour to reach here from the farm I shake my head I can't believe mom is in the hospital. She was fine when I left her this morning I feel the tears streaming down my face. I go to the front desk the woman there who I presume is a nurse smiles at me. "Yes may I help you?" she asks.

I give her a tight smile "yes my name is Megan Thomas my mother was brought here Catherine Rosenberg," I say. The nurse looks up at me and types away at her computer I feel Aunt Sarah put her arm around my shoulders I give her a tiny smile. "I'm fine."

She nods and the woman whose name was Paula looks up at us "yes she's on floor 3 in room 114," she says. I smile and we walk off towards the elevators and I slump against the back of it and Sarah looks at me worriedly.

I shake my head and put my head in my hands "I'm really fine its just she was all right this morning when I left to come to the ranch," I say. She nods her head and she takes me in her arms and I sob into her shoulder. Then I hear her cell phone ring. "Aunt Sarah your cell phone."

She nods and she takes it out and flips it open "hello Ryan yes okay what no please tell me no why didn't they tell us when we got here?" I hear her ask. "Yes all right I don't know how I'm going to tell Meg. I'm quite well aware of that thankyou."

I look at her strangely and she stares back at me sadly "Aunt Sarah what's wrong is it mom is she all right has something gone wrong?" I ask.

She looks down at the floor and then back up at me as soon as the elevator stops I run out of it I run to the room. And open the door I know Sarah has followed me and I see the doctor looking surprised. "You must be her daughter Megan and her sister Sarah," he says. I nod my head and I see my mother lying in the bed. "I'm sorry Megan but your mother died ten minutes ago."

I shake my head and go over to her "no, no she can't be dead she can't leave me like this I still need her," I say. I look over my mother and I don't even notice the doctors leave I lean down and hug her. "Mommy no please wake up."

I start crying on her and I feel Aunt Sarah go around the other side and she joins in the hug no mommy you can't be dead I can't do this without you. "Hey Cat," I hear my aunt say. I look at her and I see the tears pouring from her eyes. I reach over and take a hold of her hand. She looks at me and squeezes my hand. "I'll take good care of her."

I smile at her and then I look down at my mother.

A few months later

Here I am it's been six months since my mother died we lay her to rest right beside my father like she stated in her will. I obliged and I took her car and some stuff from home but I sold the rest and I came to live here on the horse ranch permanently. I love it here its so peaceful and Uncle Ryan is teaching me about horses and something's about training them as well.

I've got a scholarship to Harvard but they've told me that I can take it up next year and I've decided to do that. I want to study law but I don't really know if I want to do that now oh well it's only July I have a year yet to decide what I want to do. I know mom wanted me to go straight there but I can't not now I need to be with family.

I am in the stables right now grooming Shadow a horse that I've taken as my own I see Erica come in with Charlie I smile at the two of them. And I put the saddle up on Shadow and I adjust it then open the door and I lead him out. I mount and I'm followed a few minutes later by Charlie and Erica. "So you guys ready to go for a ride?" I ask.

They both nodded and we moved off I smiled at Erica and we made it to our favourite spot and we tied up the horses and went to sit by the lake. I smile at the beauty of the place and move down to the bank I see that Erica is watching Charlie closely. As she plays by the bank and I go over and reach for the basket which is tied to Shadow.

I go over and sit by Erica and I lay out the blanket and we both sit down on it and we watch Charlie until she comes back up and sits with us. "You hungry Charlie?" Erica asks.

Charlie nods her head and I smile she sits down on my lap and I wrap my arms around her as Erica hands out the paper plates with sandwiches and chips on them. I have the turkey and mayo sandwich, while Erica has the chicken and Charlie has the ham. "So what do you guys want to do after this?" I ask.

Charlie looks up at me "frisbee," she says excitedly. I nod and smile ever since Charlie turned 7 a month ago and she got her first frisbee she's been obsessed with playing with it at every chance she got I shake my head at Erica and so does she. "What?"

I smile at her "nothing Charlie it's okay we'll play with the frisbee," I say. She smiles at me and I smile back I look down at my hands in my lap and I sigh Erica looks at me and tilts her head I shake my head and she nods. She picks Charlie up and move away. It's been six months to the day that my mom died and I just don't know how to feel about it.

So much has changed since then I feel like I shouldn't be happy but I am I mean I was so lost without her when I first came back here but now it seems as though everything has fit into place. And this was the place where I was supposed to be living. But I miss her every single day and I know her and dad are looking down on me.

Sometimes I just feel like screaming and not stopping but I can't I will not let this drag me down but I feel it always weighing down on me and I don't know what to do about it but it feels like I'm drowning. I see that Charlie is trying to get my attention. "Okay I'm on my way," I say dejectedly. I stand up and move over to where they are.

Charlie looks up at me and smiles but then the smile disappears off her face when she looks at me "Megan are you all right?" she asks sadly.

I nod my head "yes Charlie I am I'm just so sad it was today six months ago that my mom died and its hard for me," I say looking down at her with a slight smile on my face. She wraps her arms around my waist tightly. And I hug her back.

Then I hear someone approaching and I see it's a man with short dark hair and blue eyes I look at him suspiciously he doesn't work here. "Hi I was wondering if someone could help me," he says looking between Erica and me. Erica was looking at him with some interest.

I look at him keeping Charlie behind me "yes I can help you but you do realise you are trespassing on private property," I say slightly threateningly.

He looks at me and gives me a smile "I'm sorry I didn't realise but I'm looking for the Rosenberg farm," he says smiling. I nod my head "can you tell me how to get to it?"

I nod my head "you're on it," I say smiling back. "What business brings you here?"

He looks around surprised and then looks back at me his dimples are showing now and I notice how beautiful his eyes look. And how gorgeous his smile is. "I am one of the new horse trainers," he says. I nod my head "and I got lost I was suppose to be here about an hour ago."

I smile "yes I understand this place isn't that easy to find just follow the road along here and the first right that you can take you drive in and we're there," I say excitedly. He smiles and I keep checking him out a real horse trainer I'm sure he could teach me a few things and not just about horses. I notice he's probably about 21 or 22 probably grew up on a farm I smile at that thought. "And your either looking for Ryan Henderson or Sarah Rosenberg."

He nods his head and I notice him checking me out as well "and you are?" he asks.

I smile "Megan Thomas," I say. I shake his head and I feel he has a strong handshake and I grin up at him and he then looks at Erica and Charlie. "Oh excuse my manners this is Erica Summers and my cousin Charlie Henderson and you are?"

He nods to all concerned "excuse my manners I'm Scott Barker," he says. I smile "I must be going I'll see you three around goodbye."

I watch him go his cute ass confined to those pants. I shake my head out of those thoughts and I turn and Erica raises her eyebrows and I just smile humming to myself.

TBC..

More later I promise please review.

Why do people do this to me?

*pout*

Start a story that is really good. Get me all addicted after a chapter or two. Say they will update soon. But then they never add anything.

Is this some sort of conspiracy against me?

Is everyone trying to drive me insane?

Make me have to guess how the story ends?

*pout*

Back