Diabetes Questionnaire

Please can you answer all of the (relevant) questions. It would be great if you can answer them eben if you are not diabetic. This is just for a school project I am doing, so it is what you already know. If you have any questions you can PM me, or otherwise just post your questions. Thank you so much for your time :D

Diabetes Questionnaire:

1) Do you have diabetes? ____
2) How many people do you know who have diabetes? ____

Please answer T (true) or F (false)
1) Can diabetics eat any sugar or carbohydrates? ____
2) Can eating too much sugar cause diabetes? ____
3) Are obese people at a higher risk for getting diabetes? ____
4) Can a type 1 diabetic survive undiagnosed? ____
5) Can a type 2 diabetic survive undiagnosed? ____

Please write what you know of that can increase a persons risk of getting diabetes: (long answer)

Please write what you understand the difference is between type 1 and type 2 diabetes: (long answer)

If you are diabetic, please answer the following questions:
1) Are type 1 or type 2 diabetic? ____
2) If type 1, what type of medicine do you take? ____
3) What do you do to keep your diabetes under control? (long answer)

Diabetes Questionnaire:

1) Do you have diabetes? No.
2) How many people do you know who have diabetes? 1 person, but I don't know them very well.

1) Can diabetics eat any sugar or carbohydrates? T
2) Can eating too much sugar cause diabetes? T
3) Are obese people at a higher risk for getting diabetes? T
4) Can a type 1 diabetic survive undiagnosed? F
5) Can a type 2 diabetic survive undiagnosed? F

Please write what you know of that can increase a persons risk of getting diabetes: (long answer) Genetics can increase a person's risk of getting diabetes.

Please write what you understand the difference is between type 1 and type 2 diabetes: (long answer) I don't much know the difference, sorry!

Sorry I couldn't be much of help...I don't really know that much about diabetes.

1) Do you have diabetes? No
2) How many people do you know who have diabetes? My mom had it when she was pregnant with my sis.

5) Can a type 2 diabetic survive undiagnosed? F

Please write what you know of that can increase a persons risk of getting diabetes: It could be hereditary.

Please write what you understand the difference is between type 1 and type 2 diabetes: I don't know.

K. Ackles said:
Please can you answer all of the (relevant) questions. It would be great if you can answer them eben if you are not diabetic. This is just for a school project I am doing, so it is what you already know. If you have any questions you can PM me, or otherwise just post your questions. Thank you so much for your time :D

Diabetes Questionnaire:

Please write what you know of that can increase a persons risk of getting diabetes: (long answer)

Please write what you understand the difference is between type 1 and type 2 diabetes: (long answer)

1. No
2. Yes - two of my cousins do

1. I believe they can. Sugar has to be in moderation though. I thought only people with PKU cannot have carbs, but eh - I'm probably wrong.
2. False. I would say no.
3. Yes. True
4. Yes - they just have to watch their diet
5. No - they are insulin dependent

Certain ethnicities are more susceptible to it as well as being overweight. If you have a family member that has it, you are more likely to get it.

Type 2 is non-insulin dependent and happens because of high blood pressure, old age, or being overweight. I think with this one, you just need to watch your diet.

Type 1 requires insulin and moderation of sweets/carbs. Plus, checking blood sugar levels constantly. This happens because your pancreas don't produce insulin therefore it needs to be substituted.

:smiley:

Diabetes Questionnaire:

1) Do you have diabetes? No.
2) How many people do you know who have diabetes? One.

4) Can a type 1 diabetic survive undiagnosed? T
5) Can a type 2 diabetic survive undiagnosed? T

Things I know of that can increase a person's risk of getting diabetes are obesity, not exercising, and not eating properly.

I'm not sure, but my guess would be that one is more severe than the other.

Please can you answer all of the (relevant) questions. It would be great if you can answer them eben if you are not diabetic. This is just for a school project I am doing, so it is what you already know. If you have any questions you can PM me, or otherwise just post your questions. Thank you so much for your time

Diabetes Questionnaire:

1) Do you have diabetes? No

2) How many people do you know who have diabetes? My dad has type 2 diabetes.

Please write what you know of that can increase a persons risk of getting diabetes:
Exercising, and not eating properly.

Please write what you understand the difference is between type 1 and type 2 diabetes:

Type 2 diabetes, also known as adult onset diabetes, commonly occurs in people: Over the age of 45. Type 1 diabetes, also known as juvenile diabetes, occurs mainly in people under twenty years of age.

I did found a web site of diabetes. If you want it, I'll be happy to send the url. :D

K. Ackles said:

Diabetes Questionnaire:

1. no
2.one my dad has it

1. T
2. F- i dont believe so
3. T
4. ?
5.?

having a family member who has it gives you a higher risk. being over weigth and not excerising increases your chances and i know african americans having higher chances of developing the disease, why i dont know.

i dont know really anything about the two other then i think type one isnt as bad and as long as you have it under control you are fine. with diet and excerise you can keep the disease from becoming worse.

my dad who has diabetes doesnt have characteristics of those who have disease. he is not over weight and there is no known history of it in his family so when we found out we were all shocked and thought the test must have been wrong. he use to love junk food but now he is afriad to touch sugar and anything sweet! its ok to have sugar and carbs just as long as you keep it limited.
hope that helps you out!

Diabetes Questionnaire:

1) Do you have diabetes? _No___
2) How many people do you know who have diabetes? __2__

1) Can diabetics eat any sugar or carbohydrates? __T__
2) Can eating too much sugar cause diabetes? __N__
3) Are obese people at a higher risk for getting diabetes? __T__
4) Can a type 1 diabetic survive undiagnosed? __T__
5) Can a type 2 diabetic survive undiagnosed? __N__

Please write what you know of that can increase a persons risk of getting diabetes: (long answer) Not eating healthy or having a lack of exercise. It might also have to do with genetics and if your parents or grandparents have it.

Please write what you understand the difference is between type 1 and type 2 diabetes: (long answer) Not exactly sure...I think that type 1 doesn't need daily injections but type 2 does...type 1 doesn't hurt your body as much as type 2. I'm not really sure though.

1) Are type 1 or type 2 diabetic? __N/A__
2) If type 1, what type of medicine do you take? _N/A___
N/A

Hope I helped! :D

1) Do you have diabetes? no
2) How many people do you know who have diabetes? 2

4) Can a type 1 diabetic survive undiagnosed? yes?
5) Can a type 2 diabetic survive undiagnosed? no?

I think obsesity, not eating the right foods and getting the right nutrients, eating too much junk food. I imagine heredity and family history can increase your risk as well...
hmmm, not entirely sure. I assume the difference has to do with severity and possibly, I think I might have read this somewhere, is it the age of the person, either children or adults?

Diabetes Questionnaire:

1) Do you have diabetes? ____No
2) How many people do you know who have diabetes? ____None

1) Can diabetics eat any sugar or carbohydrates? ____Yes
2) Can eating too much sugar cause diabetes? ____Yes
3) Are obese people at a higher risk for getting diabetes? ____Yes
4) Can a type 1 diabetic survive undiagnosed? ____No
5) Can a type 2 diabetic survive undiagnosed? ____Yes

If they have a bad diet, are overweight and if it runs in thier family.

I don't really know, but I think one is more serious than the other.

1) Do you have diabetes? no
2) How many people do you know who have diabetes? none

Hereditary (family genetics); poor diet; over-all bad lifestyle

Type-one diabetes is generally apparent at birth or within the first years of life. These people are insulin dependent, which, means they can’t live without insulin shots.
Type-two diabetes is generally caused by poor life-style and these people can reverse their symptoms through healthy diet and exercise, without the use of insulin shots.

NOTE: I am probably way off on a lot of this because I'm ignorant about the disease besides what I've learned through TV
^_^

~~Spongy!

Awww man! You guys all rock!

If you know any diabetics, can you also ask them to fill it out for me? I need a couple of answers to those last few!!!

And it doesn't matter if you get it right, it is just to get a general idea of what the general public knows!!! Thanks for your help, keep filling it in!!!

Love y'all!!!!

:balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons:

Back