Did anybody read this??

The only thing I'm upset about is that they're going to stop doing their episode recaps... those things were the funniest. :lol:

That's interesting since they are still posting new pictures of upcoming Alias episodes....can you say..."hypocrite" ??

this is kinda harsh!! just cos Syd and Vaughn aren't together anymore they get all offended. I mean come on....i think season three rocks.....I have said this before.....people want to see the outcome of S/V relationship with Lauren there. It provides good watching because you are always going to keep going back for more because it is obvious that S/V will get back together again. I mean they are taking this way too personally. Its just a show after all.....its like they think the writers and JJ pruposely wrote Lauren or whatever in to offend them. Its just stupid to close down the Alias-related sections because no matter how much they hate it, bunches of other people still love it!!
hmm Glad I got that off my chest!! lol

I've avoided getting involved before this, but there are a couple of points you should consider.

One, The Safe House is a Michael Vartan fan-site/fan-listing, not an Alias fan-site, thus they are under no obligation to post any Alias content.

Two, the Web-Mistresses are not getting paid to run the site, in fact it's probably costing them money. It also takes a fair amount of time and effort to maintain and update a website on a regular basis.

Three, they didn't just make a snap decision to stop adding Alias based content, nor was their decision merely because of the Trianvil. If you'd actually bothered reading the announcement it had as much to do with the decline of quality from the first two seasons and apparent lack of respect that the PTB have shown both the show and the fans.

Of course in the end this is all just my opinion and interpretation of the Web-mistresses decision, and while I may not be completely happy that they made it, I support their right to to do so.

Besides it could be worse, they could have taken the existing content down.

PsychicAgent said:
Gee, that is a bit harsh, but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Kelly
yeah but maybe they should have had a poll or something with other members of this thing (if there are other members) and seen if everyone wanted Alias-related things to stop. It seems a bit drastic

It was a little harsh and perhabs a little over dramatic-but out of respect, it is their site, their time and their energy.
I think they just posted that they are no longer going to be doing ep reviews. This saddens me most, I loved the review. They were so funny...they made me giggle.

Well... whatever the vartanho folks intended to do, it is working. Look at all the buzz on this site regarding their statement. I couldn't give a rat's ass about strong opinions of others who try and manipulate its listeners. They state it like they had no choice in the matter, but yes they did. If they had quietly cut back on their work as it relates to Alias, the economies of spoiler hunters would have dictated the matter accordingly. That is, viewers who favor Alias more than MV specifically would have visited the site less. The MV fans would have still visited. If they have problems with a show subjecting its viewers with bad entertainment, then they should have problems with a fansite subjecting its visitors with strong statements.

Just to be fair, I understand where they are coming from. Their site is sort of a shrine to MV, and the show’s turned his character with the same initials into someone less pleasing in character [which is solely their opinion]. If anyone is wondering about their statement about being “mind****ing”[-ing +ed], remember what the viewers of x-files were subject to. Even at the conclusion of the movie the key question on everyone’s mind still hadn’t been answered… But I didn't regret having watched all those episodes. Nor did I regret having paid 9.50 to see the movie. Where they left off, I picked up using my imagination.

I don’t know about the rest of you reading this, but I’m still gonna keep on watching Alias. That’s MY one hour on Sunday for me to choose as I please. It is my firm belief that what makes an invention (tv shows included) great is that there are just as many opponents as there are proponents. Peace :smiley:

I'm completely new to this board, so forgive me if I come across as redundant, as I'm not familiar with a lot of the members around here.

That said, I can't completely blame them for their statement. While, I agree it's a bit harsh, the last few episodes, I don't really understand. Not only do I feel that they're subpar, they just don't feel like Alias anymore. I really don't know how to explain it other than that. I suppose I can chalk it up to no real foundation. The first season and a half's foundation was Sydney's double-agency between SD-6 and the CIA. There were also smaller foundations such as Jack's friendship with Sloane, Sloane's dealings with the Alliance. The second half of season two's foundation was the motivations of Irina and the chase for Sloane.

The third season now, with many questions unanswered, they put the foundation on Sydney's lost two years. In that sense, and in that first half of this season, I was somewhat satisfied, even though not as much as I had been the first two seasons. It felt like it was going somewhere. Then, when Sydney realized what happened to her it felt to me that she responded with pretty much a "Thank You for the information, I appreciate it. Now I'm going to get back to work." And just like that, it's dropped. The foundation now shifts to Lauren's double agency, but frankly, no one really cares. Nothing is going on, and events seem to be all jumbled. Not only does it not feel fluid, but the episodes no longer seem as tied together as they did before.

Who are these characters? Let's get some motivation for God's sake. The best episode of this second half (still subpar, mind you) in my opinion was when Dixon lost his children. At least there was some sort of reason to show off Dixon's character. I'm hoping that they can turn this all around in the last few episodes. It all just feels so loose. Plots have to be tighter and characters have to have better motivations. And there needs to be some other catalyst other than Lauren banging Sark to draw me into this world. Alias is losing me. I hope I'm not alone in these feelings, and I'm certainly not going to give up anytime soon. I'm sure I'll watch until the series is over. I just want better reason to.

if they were really in love with the show they wouldn't say that ....

actually, I think their problem would be the way Vaughn's characte has been written lately ... they are dedicated to the actor ... ;)

I e-mailed the Vartan Ho's and told them how dumb this was - without actually insulting them because I respect everyone's opinion of course, still, it really bothered me to read that so I had to stand up for my favorite show with my favorite celebrity of all time... I love Jen to death if you don't know that, and Alias is a great show!

YEAH!!!!!!!!
what were they thinking? Like Vaughn, when the sea is rough, they bale out. If they just wait a minute things will go back to normal VAUGHN AND SYDNEY WILL REUNITE!!!!

Back