Season 4 Did Jack really kill Irina?

Do you believe Jack killed Irina?

• Yes or course he did.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think he did.

• I am not sure.

• I think Jack ordered someone else to do it but I don't know who.

• I think Jack ordered Vaughn to do it.

• I think Jack ordered someone else to do it and I'll say who in my reply.

• I think Katya did it.

• I think someone else did it and Jack is covering for them.

• I think Sydney did it in her 2 missing years and Jack is protecting her from the knowledge.

• IRINA IS NOT DEAD!

• Total voters
im so torn...
see if i was only paying attention to alias then i'd be all 'theres no way in hell irina is dead' however because of certain circumstances beyond jj's control *coughlenaolincough* i belive irina is dead
and in that case i think jack killed her...
but i dont want to belive it! because i'm such a j/i shipper
*sigh*
all i know is that there is no way we know even half the truth

I don't think that Irina's dead. I think she and Jack faked her death for some reason (maybe to protect Syd). They were still in commuication during season 3, so I don't think Sydney killed her. Jack could be protecting the real killer, but I don't think so.

Irina is *so* not dead :P

I too think that she and Jack have staged her death for some reason. Maybe they are playing Arvin, because seriously, something is way too wrong about his new alliance with Jack after all they've been through. Or maybe it's something Rambaldi related. There are endless possibilities.

I think Irina will stay dead unless Lena agrees to come back and since that's not likely I think we have seen the last of spymommy. I think we'll continue to hear about her, though, since she had a major impact on everyone on the show.

i reckon vaughn did it thats why Jack said the truth would hurt her to much or something like that, only my opinion thou.

I reckon that in her missing two years, Syd was forced by the Covenant to kill Irina, but that she somehow survived. Jack knew what Syd had been forced to do and kept quiet. When, in 'Succession', he contacted Irina he said 'Glad you're alive'. All through S3 he knew she was alive & was helping her fake her death, but knew the truth about Syd's mission would come out, which is why he put in SAB47 that he was her 'killer', not Syd.

I believe the woman Syd found & interred was not Irina. Quite how she made this mistake, I don't know, and is the major hole in my theory. Otherwise, I think my theory would explain a few mysteries.

I just started season 4, and I must admit the death of Irina has me thrown off. In season 3 Jack was corresponding to Irina via laptop until Jack asks Irina about "The Passenger". We get to meet Irina's sister Katya, but at no point do we see Lena Olin. Jump ahead to season 4 and we find out verbally that a major character was eliminated. Was there a real-life conflict that kept Lena Olin from filming her character one last time? I'll keep watching but I hope they do more to fill in the gaps. :confused:

Hello, Late Watcher: Thought I'd do my best to help in some way. (I've been an obsessed "Alias" viewer since the very first episode [which aired just a few weeks after 9/11] and haven't missed an episode. Alas and alack--as you well know, there'll be no more episodes).
Although I don't know how you feel about spoilers--you do ask most pertinent questions--I'll say that, yes, you're correct (and it's well known in the Aliasverse) that the actress Lena Olin wasn't available for the third season--reasons much discussed by myriad posters. There was much poster speculation that Jack might not have been corresponding with Irina, but instead he was communicating with her sister Katya (whom you mentioned). Then again, Irina/Katya cut off Jack's queries abruptly--as the series' timeline wavers through time and space--but I think you will find out what I mean viewing the Season Four finale (not my all-time favorite),
As far as your questions regarding future storyline developments (or non-developments, as the case may be), I would advise you to read AA's Verdantheart summary of each epispde, and, of course, then you can flash ahead. After viewing each episode, I couldn't wait until she posted each summary. However, I was even more enthralled (I'm a Lit major) with her emphasis on characterization analysis and "family." (Well, we didn't always agree on Vaughn, but we certainly did concur on Jack [and Lauren.]) I might add that she in turn, received page upon page of thoughful replies and opinions to her "Discuss" queries: Spydancer, Azalea, oh the list goes on.
I also would advise you to go the wonderful TwoEvilMonks Web site--which posted images and wry, humorous captions of each episode up to and including the first episode of Season Five, "Prophet Five." I don't have any notion how long Ephian will keep the Web site "on," but here is the "address" I use: HTTP://www.twoevilmonks.org/aliascatacombs.htm/ Hope this helps. -- Persimmon

Hello, Late Watcher: Hope this helps. -- Persimmon

Thanks, persimmon! You do make a good point about the "family" theme adding to the success of the show.
:smiley:

I don't wan't a spoiler, but I did a search of the actors of Alias in IMDB.com to see which actors would be back in seasons 4 & 5. Now I'll have to patiently watch the rest of season 4 and wait for season 5 to find its way on DVD. It's so nice watching Alias without commercial interruption on DVD.

Back