Season 3 Did Sloane think he had 2 daughters?

dobie

Cadet
Sloane indicated to Dr. Barnett that he might be Syd's father. However, tonight he said that he already had proof that he was Syd's sister father after finding about 2 years ago about her existence. Did the affair go on so many years that he thought he could father both? Or did he only recently prove that he was Syd's sister's father in the recent past although knowing about her existence for 2 years? Or did he lie and know he was not Syd's father all along? A form a manipulation? It seems that he would have done a DNA test on Syd a long long time ago.

yup, he never said anything about syd, only that he had an affair with irina. and knowing about his daughter now, he could never have thought syd was his because the timing would be wrong. bartnett just filled it in herself

sloane is a manipulative man, you'd think dr. barnett would have figured that out or been a little more aware before she SLEPT WITH HIM. EWWWWWWWWWWWWww. but ron rifkin still rocks, he was awesome tonight!

According to the Blowback transcript on www.aliasinsider.com the conversation was like this:

Barnett: Are you telling me Sydney is your daughter?
Sloane: I never tried to prove it, one way or the other. But the strength that Sydney finds within, I like to believe that comes from me.

(I still find that last part funny. 'Cause it's not like Jack is exactly lacking in inner strength.)

yeah sloane never said he was syd s dad barnett guessed that and sloane just didnt deny it. :smiley: he knew she wasnt really! ;)

If this was just an evil tease on the writers' part and isn't brought up again one way or the other, I'm going to be miffed with them. That's a rather cheap shot.
-_-

AugustSnow said:
Sloane never said that he was Sydney's father, Barnett just filled in the blanks of what Sloane gave her.
youre right...he said he had an affair...and when barnett was like, are you saying its a possibility that sydney bristow is your daughter, he just looked at her and gave her this goofy smile.

Or maybe he just didn't want to admit that Sydney had a half-sister to her because that would have led to Barnett telling the CIA about that, and the CIA could have assumed things involving Rambaldi's prophecy and The Passenger.

He just shouldn't have said that. Sloane did it because he felt alone and for once wanted someone to come close to him (Barnett)... But when it came down to telling the real truth, he had to lie.

Back