Politics Did you Vote?

Did you vote in the Presidential Election?

• Yes, I voted for Kerry.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I voted for Bush.

• Yes, I voted for Nader.

• No I did not vote.

• I'm not old enough to vote. (but I would)

• Total voters
i'm not old enough, and nader isn't on the california ballot. his job is simple: take away votes from kerry.  i mean, he obviously doesn't have a chance at winning, so why is he not running for something he CAN win? like a different government position...
Exactly. At this point in time, surely the Nader voters would prefer to give their votes to Kerry than risk having Bush for another term.

Here is an interesting tidbit.... Weekly Reader (something kid's get at school) conducted their own vote with kids.... Bush won 65% to 35% for Kerry.... I guess they say it's a pretty good indication because kids tend to be influenced by their parents.... (y)

Here is an interesting tidbit.... Weekly Reader (something kid's get at school) conducted their own vote with kids.... Bush won 65% to 35% for Kerry.... I guess they say it's a pretty good indication because kids tend to be influenced by their parents....
Which kids did they ask? 'Studies' like this often mean nothing because they only sample a tiny selection of people, and they are often from the same socio-economic backgrounds, as well as being from the same area.

Also, how old were the kids? More kids are likely to know who Bush is, seeing as he is the current president.

freakforalias said:
Here is an interesting tidbit.... Weekly Reader (something kid's get at school) conducted their own vote with kids.... Bush won 65% to 35% for Kerry.... I guess they say it's a pretty good indication because kids tend to be influenced by their parents....  (y)
[post="1043981"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Actually, I've seen more than enough polls that show, age groups 18-29 heavily favour Kerry, by double digits.

Weekly reader is a handout given to kids nationally in grade schools.... my first grader and pre-k child receive them.... although my daughter voted for kerry because she said "it's your name, that's why"... oh well.... :lol:

freakforalias said:
Weekly reader is a handout given to kids nationally in grade schools.... my first grader and pre-k child receive them.... although my daughter voted for kerry because she said "it's your name, that's why"... oh well....  :lol:
[post="1044040"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Awwwww!!! That's cute!!

Anyways, yeah polling young kids is a pretty good way to get info about how parents are voting. Unless these kids are in their teens, when that's probably a better polling what their parents are not voting for.

freakforalias said:
Here is an interesting tidbit.... Weekly Reader (something kid's get at school) conducted their own vote with kids.... Bush won 65% to 35% for Kerry.... I guess they say it's a pretty good indication because kids tend to be influenced by their parents....  (y)

*snorts* and how much do these kids know about the situation? i personally think it matters more what the voting-age and near-voting age people think.

Natalia said:
Which kids did they ask? 'Studies' like this often mean nothing because they only sample a tiny selection of people, and they are often from the same socio-economic backgrounds, as well as being from the same area.

Also, how old were the kids? More kids are likely to know who Bush is, seeing as he is the current president.
[post="1043998"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

exactly!! !! !! ...

The lines were so long at the mall today. I was going to vote but I didn't have enough time on my break. I don't feel like waiting over an hour in line.

Natalia said:
Exactly. At this point in time, surely the Nader voters would prefer to give their votes to Kerry than risk having Bush for another term.
[post="1043947"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I would really really really hope so

freakforalias said:

I heard that Nickolodean (sp), conducted their own poll, & since 1980-something, has been 100% right everytime. They poll kids, saying their parents influence them, etc, & Kerry won there.

Hopefully, that happens on tuesday..

--jenn :juggle:

I voted last week. I have to vote absentee cause my real home is in San Francisco and I'm registered there, but I'm away at college in San Jose. I voted for John Kerry!!! ;)

Back