Digital Camera vs. Regular Film

• Digital

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Film

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Both

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters
Hi! I am working on an Academic Fair thing for school, Digital Photography, and need a source for Other, so I decided to make this poll, please help me and vote! Thanks! :D

Digital cameras are good for some things, bad for others. I think it all depends on your needs. I tend to prefer digtital cameras since my needs are not all that demanding, and having the ability to photoshop my pics is worth it. However, traditinoal cameras tend to have a better selection of lenses, which is what really makes the difference. But digital cameras, especially the high end ones are starting to get a wider selection of applicable lenses too.

Xin Li

It's like what xinli11 said. it depends on your needs. honestly, i find canon digital to have good focus and not half bad lenses. I've had digital and regular and i prefer digital. Whenever i want a pic, i can just hit "print" instead of having to go to a developer and wait longer. you can also edit your pics on your cpu and use them in wallpapers and collages. not necessarily for challenges, but even for personal use. :smiley: I love my digital camera. It works very well. But make sure to get a good one and do your research. A cheaper one might lack out in a much needed area. But you should analyze your needs first. In the long run, digital is actually cheaper.

I prefer Digital over Regular Film.

Regular you to wait and see if the pic turned out like you hoped and also have to use the whole roll.

Whereas Digital is instantous.

If you don't like it you can just delete the pic.

My only gripe about Digital. It is meant to reduce red eyes etc.

It don't always work for me. (But that my only gripe) ;)

Dani :smiley:

Regular film.

There's nothing else like it. (Although I probably couldn't tell the difference, it's just the idea.)The whole feel of the camera, the whole thought of it. 'Specially Black and White :rolleyes: Ha ha. I had some of my pics in school, and two people were like "Wow, how did you get it to be in black and white???" ...urr it's called black and white film :doh: !!!

Digital cameras can be useful for somethings, but I had a very bad experience with one. It used up *8* Duracell Max batteries in just 25 minutes off use.

(I was coming to make this poll before I saw it. Alas, I was too late!)

Okay, but I still don't yet the Question...is regular film 'yes' or 'no'?

Thanks

Jai

Regular film... its just the look and feel of it that I prefer. The same is true of Digital Video over regular 35, the look is just more... well natural I suppose

I felt the need to buy a fancy 5 mega-pixel digital last christmas and I still am using my "regular film" camera.... To me the digital still looks "digital" and a camera with film produces a much better picture.

Digital. I bought a 5 mega pixal camera about a year ago, I'd never go back to regular film now. The different photo styles alone are superb (y)

freakforalias said:
To me the digital still looks "digital" and a camera with film produces a much better picture.
[post="1006588"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yeah^^^

I bought my mums SLR off her...hey look at this:
Praktica said:
Unfortunately production of Praktica SLR cameras came to a halt shortly after the reunification of Germany, and consequently Praktica SLR cameras and accessories can today only be found on the second-hand market.

My mum bought it the year I was born.............1989. Anyway, I bought it of her for £35, with my birthday money. It was damaged goods, though - the film advance leverthingymajig jams all the time. And then I lent it to her, and she broke the thing to rewind the film :angry: :angry: :angry:

But I still love it :love: And it's called Samille. And it's case looks like a pig!

I also prefer the weight of ordinary cameras. It's kind off like the phase I went through when, if I was buing a single, I'd get it on record - it was bigger, and felt more worthwhile :rolleyes:

Jai

I like digital cameras better because if the picture didn't come out the way you had hoped, you can just delete it & try again, plus it's easier to put on your computer, unlike regular where you either scan it or get a CD with the pictures on it.

Okay, I may be really stupid, but what is 'yes'? Yes to digital or regular?

Do you mean, "is digital better than regular film?"

Perhaps 'yes' and 'no' should be replaced with 'digital' and 'regular'.

Back