Directions

Oh my god. I can't believe I forgot to update this fic. I am SO sorry. I've been so busy with university stuff. RL does tend to get in the way.

Here's an update. They will become more regular now. Mostly because I have most of the fic written already. :D

Chapter 1

“felgercarb!” Michael cursed as he spilled coffee on the map in the front seat. He was on the highway on his way to his mother’s new home; a ranch-style home in New Jersey.

“I wanted something different,” she told him over the phone the previous week.

He sighed as he looked at the map by his side, “Like I know where I’m going,” he grumbled.

A few moments later he saw a sign at the side of the road. It was white with burgundy letters and a forest green border, “Welcome to Meadowlands,” he read aloud, “Population; 300.”

Holy felgercarb, these places exist, he thought to himself.

“Meadowlands,” he said out loud, “Maman didn’t mention anything about a town called Meadowlands.”

“Oh great. I’m lost,” he sighed. He drove down what was called ‘Main Street’ and saw a small gas station with a diner next door. The entire population of the town seemed to occupy the small diner. “Too crowded,” he sighed. That was when he spotted the small shop across the street.

A book shop.

‘A new page,’ it was called. He decided to give it a try. He pulled over to the side of the road and parked in front of the shop.

When he opened the door to the shop, he set off a bell above the door, signaling his presence. “Just a minute,” he heard a woman call from the back. In the distance he could hear ‘Chasing Cars’ by Snow Patrol playing.

A woman came from behind a door. Behind her, he could see a staircase leading to an upper floor, he imagined. The woman in front of him was stunning. He finally noticed her. She flashed him a thousand watt smile, “How can I help you today?” she asked.

“Well, um” he coughed, “I’m kind of lost,” he began. He held the map out in front of him, “I can’t read this thing, I guess.”

“What is this?” she laughed, “Coffee stains? Well no wonder! I’m still pretty new to the area, you might have more luck over at the diner or the gas station; I’m sure they could give you more accurate directions.”

“I would try that, but I kind of found the enormous amount of people in there to be overwhelming.”

“I know what you mean,” she sighed. She walked out from behind the counter, “Just wait one second,” she said before disappearing behind a stack of books. She reappeared a few moments later with a new map in her hands, “I knew I had one somewhere,” she said with a smile.

She laid it out in front of them and then asked him, “So, where is it that you need to go?”

“Um,” he looked at the map, “Right here,” he said, pointing to a spot not too far West from Meadowlands, “Doesn’t look like it’s too far, does it?” he laughed. “Thanks for your help. How much was it for the map?” he asked as he look out his wallet.

“What are you talking about?” she asked. “You don’t need to pay me,” she said with a laugh.

Her laugh is so perfect, Michael thought to himself. “I insist on paying something for this. You’re giving me a brand new map, I owe you.”

“Yes, I’m giving you this map; as a gift. Just take it, please,” she laughed. “Now, go see your mother.”

“Well, thank you for this…” he fished for her name.

“Sydney; Sydney Bristow,” she told him.

“I’m Michael; Michael Vaughn.”

“It was nice meeting you Michael. Now go see your mother. I’m sure she wants to see you.”

Michael left the store and he couldn’t help but think about Sydney as he drove to his mother’s home. There was just something about her, he thought to himself.

pm list
SpygirlAmy
derevkointraining
Nicky_Bristow
MH55995
texasalias2004
grassyass
vaughnshoney
hannahb
AliasSydney502
lady alias
tunita
LittleNicky
ams4alias
littleangel
xMountineer02300844x
mnkdance963
laura_vaughn
cookiemonster
secret_agent_angel
funkymonkey
sydneymichael
fire*N*ice
ali87

How much yo u want to bet that he will end up lost again going home and he will end up in the Medowlands and stop and the book store again. haha

texasalias

:shocked:Well any man:monkey: who can stop and ask for directions 👍 (y), admitting he's lost... thats got me pegged... 👍

Please PM me!!

Great start.
Thanks

Wonder why Syd moved to Meadowlands?
I'm sure Micheal will find a reason to stop back by
the bookstore on his way home :D
Thanks for the pm...

A few moments later he saw a sign at the side of the road. It was white with burgundy letters and a forest green border, “Welcome to Meadowlands,” he read aloud, “Population; 300.”

Holy felgercarb, these places exist, he thought to himself.
i read an article in people magazine about a town with a population of 2. yeah... i know thats kind of random

In the distance he could hear ‘Chasing Cars’ by Snow Patrol playing.

i LOVE that song!! :lol:

im so glad you're updating now because when i read this forever ago i really really wanted to read the rest.
thanx for the pm
-laura

makes me wonder where syd is from, now that we know that michael is from the city or something like it. thanx for the pm.

DUDE
cmon tell me ur gonna update this more
or if u posted this somewhere else can i have a link and a PM

Back